Zanilia Zhao Liying 赵丽颖 Official Thread

sugarplum892

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2019 at 10:05 PM, icyphoenix said:

She is coming back.. But I hoped for a wuxia or costume drama!!

I too was hoping she would start with a wuxia or costume drama too but i think she wants to pick projects that is more for the mature minded viewers now instead of anything idol-ish..

There's been a rumor that she will CP with Wang Yi Bo for a wuxia drama (the age gap really bothers me tho) but really, i don't see that happening..but as long as she's back with something new, i'm in..

• Like 2

@icyphoenix

Ok..so i was wrong and i agree, she still looks so cute and very young, i'm sure she can pull it off with Wang Yi Bo...but the age gap tho :unsure:, they might as well had went with Wu Lei (they were very comfortable with each other in the variety show 72 Floor of Mystery and about the same age gap).

6a165c19ly1g6vcpshfkpj20sg13t1kx.jpg6a165c19ly1g6vcpsfms4j20sg13t1kx.jpg

6a165c19ly1g6vcxon987j20sg16oao2.jpg6a165c19ly1g6vcxomhnij20sg16oqcr.jpg

• Like 1

@icyphoenix

Actually i've just started The Untamed a few days ago just bcos of this rumor (I'm already half way into the drama), i wanted to see how's his acting and honestly i think he's not so bad.  Maybe due to his height, the age difference wouldn't be too obvious?  I think this will be another success for her, it's already been such a hot topic, reminded me of Princess Agent.

• Like 2

@jewelsc I would say this one is a safe choice for her comeback coz wang yi bo has a strong fan base after his success from untamed n liying choosing a costume drama which has always been her strong point. I guess it will be a win-win situation. We can expect the drama to break some records after PA!! 

I m not getting the novel of the drama.. Does it have a English translation? 

• Like 2

On 9/11/2019 at 12:19 AM, icyphoenix said:

I m not getting the novel of the drama.. Does it have a English translation? 

i've seen the novel on many sites but none with eng. translation, i wish someone who've read the novel can spoil us abit :grin:..

I've read somewhere someone wrote that there aren't really any romance but then again that person hadn't finished reading the novel either..I wanted to read it but seriously can't manage the google translation (very confusing) especially when there r so many chapters with so many parts.

On 9/13/2019 at 3:56 AM, jewelsc said:

i've seen the novel on many sites but none with eng. translation, i wish someone who've read the novel can spoil us abit :grin:..

I've read somewhere someone wrote that there aren't really any romance but then again that person hadn't finished reading the novel either..I wanted to read it but seriously can't manage the google translation (very confusing) especially when there r so many chapters with so many parts.

I watched the The Untamed totally by coincidence as my hubby installed Amazon Prime Video on our television and as I was flicking through I saw this one and decided to watch.  I was totally hooked and WYB did really well here and potrayed his "cold" demeanor well.  He did not have a lot of conversation but he managed to carry through his character so well.  I was quite surprised to see he is only 22 years old.  I thought he would be around late twenties as he does have the mature look.  He would do well opposite LY as he is more "manly" in terms of build.  I love Xiao Zan too but I felt that he was too skinny.  Wu Lei, I totally agree with you here.  He is too babyish and somehow I just cannot imagine him opposite LY unless as siblings.  I am so looking forward to this drama.  I have been off for almost a year now.  Literally since TLOML :D  Glad to see her make a come back.  I don't see the 10 years age gap as a problem.  It depends on how the story goes. 

• Like 2

On 9/14/2019 at 3:35 AM, frenchfan said:

I watched the The Untamed totally by coincidence as my hubby installed Amazon Prime Video on our television and as I was flicking through I saw this one and decided to watch.  I was totally hooked and WYB did really well here and potrayed his "cold" demeanor well.  He did not have a lot of conversation but he managed to carry through his character so well.  I was quite surprised to see he is only 22 years old.  I thought he would be around late twenties as he does have the mature look.  He would do well opposite LY as he is more "manly" in terms of build.  I love Xiao Zan too but I felt that he was too skinny.  Wu Lei, I totally agree with you here.  He is too babyish and somehow I just cannot imagine him opposite LY unless as siblings.  I am so looking forward to this drama.  I have been off for almost a year now.  Literally since TLOML :D  Glad to see her make a come back.  I don't see the 10 years age gap as a problem.  It depends on how the story goes. 

I honestly do feel both LiYing and WYB can pull this off,  the more i watched The Untamed the more i believe WYB will do, i agree with u that he does seem more mature for his age in that drama and yes too to Xiao Zan being skinny..so if WYB can pull it off with a guy (those eye contact, the little subtle skinship here and there..) i'm sure he can do just as well with a girl :D and we all know LY is a pro at this, she got great chemistry with everyone she has been paired up with whether it's a commercial (Yang Yang) or a variety show (KW), in films and in dramas, even with the second leads (Boss and Me and also in The Wife's Secret).  So i will do my best to overlook the big age difference and hope the story will not be a disappointment.

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wang YiBo looks a bit too young for my taste ( look/acting wise the other guy from the Untamed would fit better with her imo), but for this type of drama the only thing you need is buzz.  At least, I am liking his looks here better than in the Untamed, I think that pulled back hair made him look way younger.

I was hoping she would move to more Minglan like projects, which I really really enjoyed. But there probably wasnt a good script. Those ancient dramas are also a landmine. Anyone knows if this story has a happy ending and what is the production team? 

I read that it has the same director from PA :tears: if I get another PA ending :rage:

• Like 2