[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Three Lives Three Worlds Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms 三生三世,十里桃花

sugarplum892

I just finished marathon this drama a few days ago.  I absolutely love love this drama and Mark C. as Yehua and Yangmi as BQ.  I love how touching and powerful their love is.  I love everything about this couple.  Also, I was watching the trailer to Once Upon A Time where BQ jumped the ZhuxianTerrace, whey didn't YH in the movie jump after his wife?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

It would seem there is fate in real life as well for your quoting me today while I was in the middle of watching my favorite parts of this amazing drama once again.  And yes, I do it often can't seem to help myself.  Although I have other new dramas I am in the process of watching. This drama always, like a beacon of light from a lighthouse calling me back across a stormy sea is like a call of rest to come back to the warmth and embrace of this love story I know all to well.  I'm not sure if it's the passion that stirred my heart by the actors who allowed me to see beauty in them.  Or the words of a writer who engraved not only moments and scenes that linger way beyond what even they could have ever believed or thought possible...

All I do know is, it's unforgettable and being reminded that  true love can endure anything.  Life, death and beyond.  Is worth remembering no matter what language you speak.  Where you live or who you are.

Love is a language all it's own and can be appreciated, loved and understood by all...:wub:

I share your passion for this drama. I don't seem to be able to let go.  Normally I would be eager to start a new drama once I have finished the old one but this drama has set a higher standard for me and I find other dramas lacking. So, besides binging twice on the complete serie, I have also repeated my favourite parts of the later episodes over and over again.  I clapped my hands during the happier moments and cried a bit at the sadder scenes. Ah, I am so pathetic!

• Like 2

On 27 February 2017 at 11:32 AM, moonflower_ said:

@Lyna I totally agree. I want to read his arc as well for the past history and the possible happy ending. Mo Yuan definitely needs to be more flushed out. I would think Tang Qi would have so much fun writing about him. He's sort of a blank state, you can almost write anything. Disappointed that she is having such a hard time :(. You should channel Tang Qi and write it! LOL. 

It leaves a bad taste when they implied his acceptance of Bai Qian (into his school) as love at first sight. Mo Yuan doesn't act without reason so I'm a little surprised because it's a bit of a mismatched. It makes his character OOC to me. Even when skimming what Tang Qi had written for him couple years back, I don't remember him being love at first sight in his own story tho it was Shao Wan's perspective. I interpreted him being not impressed with Shao Wan at first sight? Shao Wan had a strong personality? Was more of in your face type of character. Being consistent with the drama, it should been love at first sight for both female characters! Shao Wan supposedly looked like Bai Qian. But Mo Yuan was still Mo Yuan, his core personality still pretty intact. 

Okay, forgive me, I feel like I'm ranting. I don't even know why. I never really have much of an opinion with books turning into drams. Maybe it's Mark's fault. 

I think the reason  why MY accepted BQ as his disciple is because of the fan.  The fan chose BQ as the owner and in MY's thought he said that the fan cannot be in the hands of an outsider and therefore meant that BQ is destined to be his disciple.

• Like 2

On 2/27/2017 at 9:18 AM, Sary Em said:
  Hide contents

This is Sujin's final attempt to put further doubt on YH love for BQ.  BQ witness a "SuSu" chatting with mortal YH.  SJ pretty much hinted at BQ when she next visit mortal YH that it's all the same to YH.  He only ever loved SuSu and BQ looking so much like her, that maybe the only reason YH is marrying BQ.  That doll is just only a replica of SuSu. SJ is staging another play misleading BQ this time.  But that in the end causing, finally SJ demise.  Feeling insecure, BQ accidentally ends the burning flame in the lantern w SuSu's mortal soul in it scattering in which causes her to regain all of her SuSu memories.  And her wrath is catastrophic.  She immediately pays a visit to SJ to get back her eyes from SJ. And refusing to forgive YH "wrongdoings" even though BQ still admits to loving only him. Her perception of things cannot be persuaded to beg forgiveness because she still felt betrayal from YH as SuSu's bitter and painful experiences still linger and fester within her.

My issue with this as I was reading; it was her love trial, should've taken it for the experience and move on.  But hey it adds to the angst and heart breaking outcome. Hence the drama is so entertaining.

OMG.....only 6 more episodes but it seems we may just get last episode to be (wishful thinking) as tying up loose ends and giving us more tidbits for the ending instead of the abrupt end in the novel. 

There is also the part whereby she was drunk, feeling insecured and having her internal monologue about the fact that YH might have feelings for SY.  Up to this point, she (and all other celestrial beings except for YH and maybe 3rd Uncle and some maids) thought that SY and YH have sexual relationship with each other.  It is possible for some men to do that especially during that time period, having a harem is a norm.  Even BQ at some point said she will choose a few beautiful concubines for him.  Of course at that point, she has not fallen in love with YH yet.  

On 2/27/2017 at 3:38 PM, bbssinq said:

I just learned from facebook the song Shifu played when BQ talked to him at the end of ep 51 means a guy asking a girl out or looking a girl he loves.

That's why Zhe Yan looked sad for MY and said wrong calculation (?)

But BQ is too dense and oblivious to get it...

The drama makes it clears that YH and BQ are fated too... Because he is aggressive, direct, shameless so she has no choice but to face it lol

But I feel so bad for MY 

Yeah, I am very happy to see YH aggressively chasing after BQ. He lost her once and he was making darn sure that he will not lose her again though he was very much afraid that he might lose her when she got her memories back.  Their love foundation must be strong by then to withstand BQ's sense of betrayals.  When it did happened, he did not gave up; he stood outside her cave and waited until she forgives him but unfortunately the Demon Lord issue threw a monkey wrench into the works with his escape from the bell.  Her forgiveness came along with the shock of losing him forever.

• Like 2

On 2/27/2017 at 11:21 PM, VietGirl2 said:

YH finally came back. It was damned gratifying watching BQ took her revenge on SJ. Talking of SJ she is really shameless, still insisting that SS pushed her off the Heaven Gate 300 hundreds years ago and rallying her uncles to get "justice" for her. I don't like calling women names, but she is a real richard simmons. What a total cow. They better give her a fitting comeuppance and not the easy death that XN got.

I also want to add that YH's grandfather should also get some punishment. He knew darned well all the things that SJ did to SS - maybe not explicitly, but she had his implicit approval and he had no problem taking advantage of the situation to get rid of SS. Now he knows that he can no longer protect SJ, not with DH wanting to get involve in this so called "trial". YH is a sweetheart but I don't envy BQ for marrying into this bigoted family. YH's parents are no better. Only his third uncle is decent. If BQ doesn't have such good family backing, you can just imagine all the crap that she would have to put up with. Much like in real life, those with no power get pushed around. I'm also thankful that BQ is no push-over. Girl gives as good as she gets. That's the only way to deal with people like YH's family.

And maybe I'm greedy, but I would really like a scene of YH standing up to his grandfather. His failure to do so all those years ago caused a lot of pain to BQ and while he has been doing his best to make it up to her and protect her now, he really needs to start by calling his family out on their richard simmons.

So it looks like nasty people can still become celestial beings. Well, maybe the rich and connected baddies get to go to heaven, the poor and nasty ones go to hell.  LOL

honeycam-2017-04-26-22-09-14.gif

hello-smiley.gif

So I'm watching Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms... and my oh my it is so good. I can't get over Ye Hua's dedication to Qian Qian even after she erased all her memories. At first, I knew I didn't want her to be with Ye Ling, the Ghost Lords son. Something was just drawing me to Mo Quan... and I think it was Mark Chao himself.

What a fantastically handsome lead.. bled1-onion-head-emoticon.gifnot to mention so charismatic. You can't help but be drawn to him every scene he's in. I could wax lyrical about him all day but I'm only on Episode 34 so time is of the essence. 

I've even gone so far as to order the novel on Amazon Kindle.. that's how much this story has drawn me into it's web. It's a shame this thread isn't more livelier ... this drama deserves more attention. Kudo's to all of you who have watched it so far and spread the love. heart-shape2-smiley.gif

To the Sky Kingdom by Tang Qi - on Amazon Kindle. 

• Like 6

On 1 March 2017 at 8:30 AM, USAFarmgirl said:

black-calligraphy-happy-birthday-fireworhappy-birthday-chocolate-cake-for-Chingu

@Purestupidity Hoping your Birthday was as special as you are so thankful for everything you do for this thread and hope all your wishes and dreams come true...:wub: Sending you a Birthday HUG!!!!

a1a26.png?w=640

As I watched today's episodes I was reminded and reflected on just how long YH had loved this woman.  When a man says he will love you forever I think YH knows what that means.  That there will never be another one who will ever take your place and I just won't allow myself to forget or let go of you or us...

I'm not sure if it was seeing him die as a mortal first hanging onto those pearls as if they were a life line, or if it was seeing him standing in the rain outside wanting to see BQ so badly it hurt.  Knowing the pain her new found memories, because of him and her not knowing or understanding the truth he wasn't able to explain.  Was crushing her heart even as he stood there waiting, thinking, worried and angry with himself...

It must have felt as if he had found SuSu by some miracle only to have her taken away by his own hand.  Then when all hope seemed to be gone she falls into his arms and back into his life.  He had to earn BQ's love but in time she saw and felt the same things she felt as SuSu that he too was unique...

I guess my favorite scene was of her holding him in her arms tightly with the protective bubble shield around them and everyone around them watching and I think understanding their view of yes brokenness.  Yet, even more about sacrifice and the real meaning of love some knowing just what they had endured.  Others seeing the desperation & pain of losing someone who wasn't just a part of her world.  He was her world...

While watching BQ numb, lost and almost in a trance, tenderly holding within her arms her husband, the father of their son and the man who loved her like NO OTHER...   As a mortal and an immortal, death and beyond he loved her completely and fully for all time for he knew how to keep a promise... Being loved once is a miracle...   Finding that same love again would seem  UNBELIEVABLE...  That is unless your YH whose heart never surrendered...:heart:

Encore!  Well written!

• Like 5

On 3/2/2017 at 3:14 AM, USAFarmgirl said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTowSSuBdnNyp7P4p1WBt-images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5kt5wL5QWROQz6zxrX4-images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxA_dNPVfypzqk_3Oo4ex

"No Matter If You Are SuSu Or Bai Qian, You Are YOU"

Whether one is a lotus, an immortal Black Dragon or Snake/ Prince or even a mortal man love can be given.  And Whether one is SY the disciple, or SuSu the mortal or an immortal white Fox or High Goddess BQ love can be received.  I'm not really sure how one sums up all the feelings, emotions and beauty within in this drama for no matter how many words are written nothing can replace seeing it for oneself. 

However I found this Eternal Love Story to be true to it's other title and full of enchantment and inspiration to those who believe in a Forever Love.   That not only lasts ones lifetime but goes beyond this world towards heaven.  Always connected & bonded throughout time even through death because of two hearts that by some miracle became one...

I loved so many things about the last two episodes that I almost hate to share any with worries of missing one..  I think for me at least the scene where BQ asked to take care of her husbands body because she had been married to him as SuSu.  I look forward to reading those words she spoke to him there alone... 

Best view for me was of her alone kneeling in front of the ice casket while it was suspended in air by chains and seeing her there like that humbled before him her whole body expressing her love and honor for him and who he was... Although she was still breathing in this world she was dead to everything within it and lived for what only sleep could bring the hopes of seeing & being with YH once more...

My heart goes out to those whom loved DH & FJ and the ending they received and the lack of close moments they could have had with a chemistry as purely amazing as theirs. Still I guess I'm one of the lucky ones in not knowing or reading about them before hand.  Everything I saw in them was more than I knew and to me still some of the sweetest and loving moments.  I think my favorite in the end was watching DH with that mirror in his hand still watching FJ even from afar. Seeing that her love was still wrapped around him closely and most likely forever a Beautiful Red Fox Tail.  Hanging from his waist proving that no matter what words he said or things he did.  It couldn't cover up what was real or the Queen he would never forget...

If I could change one thing it would have been the Heaven Realm and those within it.  I too never understood the reasoning of this clan or the coldness and lack of compassion it showed until the bitter end.  YH's Mother was a big disappointment from beginning to the very end of this drama.  I would have thought it better that love and compassion be found and related to a name like that.  Not one that to me seemed more like the ghost clan than one of heaven...:huh:

Last are my thoughts about the cutest character Ah Li who no matter what scene he was in could make your heart move and bring you to smiles within seconds. How lovely that sweet little boy was and I miss him already...

But not as much as I'm going to miss being on this thread among all of you talented and gifted people whom made this experience one that won't be easily forgotten.  Just like this story, I will always remember and be thankful!!!  I look forward to seeing all of you again hopefully soon!!!:wub:

Mark Chao only attracted me as Ye Hua.  I read somewhere that he was embarrassed with his hair style in this drama but in fact it is his long hair in this drama that gave him the sex appeal. He looked particularly sexy in the scene in bed after he carried Bai Qian into his bedchambers with one arm and leaning forward to kiss her.  He also looked good with his hair perfectly groomed as well.  Also, another thing that attracted me is his side profile.  Not many Asians have such a sharp nose.  Ah... it is just too bad that both leads are married but not to each other in real life.

@USAFarmgirlI really admire your comments and always look forward to them.  We seem to be of same minds and thoughts as your comments reflect my thoughts.  I a such a crazy nut as far as this drama is concerned.  First time ever that I watched the same drama 3 times in a row, not to mention that I stalk YouTube for all videos concerning it.  I guess I am a romantic at heart and just can't bear to part with their love story of 3 life time.   I joined soompi.com just for this, have been reading all threads from Page 1 and currently at Page 86 so I hope to come across more meaningful comments/reviews such as yours again and again.  Thank you very much!

• Like 2

On 3/2/2017 at 7:06 AM, whitesky20 said:

@n00dle.is the General and I not good? Was thinking of trying that next since its on the same YouTube channel as Eternal Love. 

Me too don't know what to look forward to after work now haha. Although probably should start paying more attention to my BF again, he's like to our dog every time I go into the bedroom to spend my alone time watching - "What happened to mummy? She's disappeared again!" XD

One of my friends refuses to watch anything until it finishes. She started watching last night and messaged me "You probably won't see me at work Thurs/Fri" hahahaha.

I've still got the HD version on Youtube for the last 2 eps to watch tonight but seriously don't know what I'm going to do after that.

Maybe write a fanfic haha!

General & I is good too but not at same level as Three Lives and moreover Angelababy, though beautiful but can't really act well.  

So far, Three Lives Three Worlds, Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms is the best drama ever, I would say it even surpassed the 200+ Korean dramas I have watched for the last 3 years.  The story line is epic, the leads (especially Mark Zhao) are so perfectly casted, the sceneries (even though fake) with the orchard of peach trees are to die for.  I still think the villains of the show are too mildy punished: Xuan Nu should have been killed personally by Li Jing and the dead baby should not be revived as it carries her tainted bloodline), Su Jin should have turned into a under nourished and badly treated buffalo and made to work in the fields all day and reincarnate each time like this.  Heavenly Lord should just be sent to the mortal world to experience a life without hands and sight and should be left on the street to beg for his life.  Ye Hua's mum should exile herself to a monastery somewhere to purify her aura.  On the side note, I am quite happy when she told Bai Qian about all the things Ye Hua did for her as all these things have been kept hushed up in the Heavenly Realm and no one is able to tell Bai Qian about how much Ye Hua actually love her though she could have told it in a less angrier tone.  She spilled the beans in front of DH, BZ, and FJ so everyone know without a doubt that BQ meant so very much to YH.  She is after all a mother who had just lost her son and she was griefing so I completely understand her angry outburst.

• Like 4

f780d31e-5f51-4f4e-b900-4f3bd4dfba22.jpg@Christina Gordon post-149-1145108569-1.gifimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIRXROmPPGnPYlKhc5uD_af15ba07-4950-4989-94fc-87e18a152d44.jpg:wub:

Thank you Chingu for your sweet and kind words but to be honest it was easy to write about this story that was unlike any other... And I am sure you would agree...:wub:

Christina I think we really are kindred spirits for I not only know how you feel but I understand the not being able to let go of something so amazing.  So much so that I continue to be called back to this drama over and over again.  Often watching my personal favorite parts and sometimes watching it all not even meaning to...

Yet how can we help ourselves when by just looking at the pictures above we are able to see what it is that captured and took our hearts prisoner.  I think for life for I doubt I will ever forget what it is I felt while viewing these two actors who truly became their characters drew me in and took my heart to places that were heavenly...

It's quiet here now but at one time it was racing and so were our hearts.  I feel for those who are just watching it now for the first time as they will have missed all the excitement we felt while watching it with others.  For it was an experience I will never forget just like this drama...

Though it doesn't take away from what they will see, how they will feel, or the excitement that will run through them alone for it is the drama itself that can't help but make you feel all of that and so much more... And just like us they too will become a prisoner and linked forever to a drama they won't be able to forget...  And no peach tree will ever be looked upon without remembering this story.  A love so unique it endured all that life and beyond had to throw at them and yet together their bond would live and survive.  A romantic message and reminder to all of us that with love all things are truly possible. 

I'll wait for you, no matter where you are... No matter just how far... For you're all I know, all I see... all I want... all I need...usafg

17 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

Just a thought...what happen if one day this is adapted into a western mythology themed drama or a series of hollywood movies? Some themes of everlasting love can be same or similar. 

maybe just me but i would be kinda worried ...lol. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, moonflower_ said:

maybe just me but i would be kinda worried ...lol. 

I think I would be on the same boat as you. If it becomes a western adaptation, it would definitely worries me to no end. I mean I don't mind if it gets bought and air (in original chinese version with eng sub by like netflix or so) however an adaptation would be worrisome and be a fail for me. Most western adaptation of movies or drama (like anime adaptation) ALWAYS result in failure.

I am literally finger crossing that the live action Mulan would not be a fail once it is release. 

Anywho, I miss you guys and this forum. I am literally at work listening to Eternal Love MV (gosh, this drama have the best OST) and it still sadden my heart that the drama is over :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:. I feel like I need to have a re-binge day to just rewatch it all over again. Honestly I haven't found a drama up to par so I'm still in Eternal Love withdrawal (don't know how many times I have re-watch my favorite scene) ...

@BlackwingsMV thank you for sharing the song to Once Upon A Time. Although Eternal Love MV "Chilly" is my fave, I do actually quite like this song as well. Wish there is an eng sub to the sub :D But thanks again for sharing! 

• Like 5

On 4/30/2017 at 9:34 AM, Christina Gordon said:

@USAFarmgirlI really admire your comments and always look forward to them.  We seem to be of same minds and thoughts as your comments reflect my thoughts.  I a such a crazy nut as far as this drama is concerned.  First time ever that I watched the same drama 3 times in a row, not to mention that I stalk YouTube for all videos concerning it.  I guess I am a romantic at heart and just can't bear to part with their love story of 3 life time.   I joined soompi.com just for this, have been reading all threads from Page 1 and currently at Page 86 so I hope to come across more meaningful comments/reviews such as yours again and again.  Thank you very much!

I too joined soompie just for this drama. I've watched the journey of flower/Hua Qian Gu and Princess wei young but I never had the inclination to register before. 

I still can't move on from this drama yet. Can anyone recommend a good one to help me get over it? I'm looking forward to zhao li ying's princess agents but it is still a couple of months away.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, pawla said:

I too joined soompie just for this drama. I've watched the journey of flower/Hua Qian Gu and Princess wei young but I never had the inclination to register before. 

I still can't move on from this drama yet. Can anyone recommend a good one to help me get over it? I'm looking forward to zhao li ying's princess agents but it is still a couple of months away.

Surgeons.