8 minutes ago, megkf said:

OMG! It's actually coming out? I was beginning to think this was a pipe dream. This feels like something that has been going on for months and months, not a few weeks. Please please please have English subtitles and be easy to purchase!

The 'easy to purchase' is the big thing. And PLEASE be playable in region 1! Everything I really want to buy always seems to be available only for regions outside of the US. :angry::tears:

• Like 4

6 hours ago, linfernal said:

Hi, new to the site and just registered. I have been following the forums anonymously and the various stalker fan videos and pics that various people have uploaded. Quite scary actually the sudden explosion of fame. Apologies for the slightly academic treatise below.

Whilst nobody can really be sure if both of them or either or are on or not on drugs, I think that it's quite obvious from their personalities that JY is having trouble handling fame and the rabid fans as compared to WZ. JY from the selected media uploaded seems to only open up with people he knows or in more intimate surroundings ie. less big audiences, or at least things that he doesn't get caught by surprise. Like the variety show for example. He surely has had some time to prepare and psych himself up to promote himself and for some fan service hence him looking 'overly' happy. It doesn't seem as natural as compared to the interactions that he has with the other casts in photoshoots and interviews, but you can see him trying to make an effort to interact. In other scenarios, he seems aloof, distant and cold, quite consistent with his preference for freedom. WZ on the other hand is quite charismatic and seems better experienced to deal with fame despite JY being in modelling before WZ. Maybe stage and theatre experience has helped WZ learn how to deal and interact with audience/fandom participation. And from the shared interviews, you can see that he actively tries to drag JY out of his insular private world to pamper the fans. I would say that it is pretty obvious that JY relies on WZ like a younger brother relying on an older brother for you know a friendly nudge in a reluctant direction.

Judging by the way they dress and interact, there might be a possibility that the perception we get is part of their managed intended image. Because JY is considered the alpha dominant male, he tries to look mysterious, brooding and taciturn. But I seriously doubt so. He is distinctly uncomfortable in settings that catches him off guard, and overly happy maybe to the point of forced for some situations. Don't think we should insinuate that anybody is on drugs. A lot of people who are on drugs can be high functioning and may not display a loss of composure that easily like JY. Of course we never know, his hotel room interview did display a lot of medication. But I think that it's a bit too early in the fame game for them to be on drugs, they may be popular but the popularity hasn't actually translated into riches or drugs yet. They still take the subway/car ( cheap mass market type ) to work etc.

That being said, JY and WZ seem reversed in real life. WZ is obviously more GH in real life and JY more BLY. and I think that JY may not be as well off as WZ just judging by the appearance ie. clothes/style/car etc, but then again, clothes and appearances in china can be deceiving. Their chemistry is definitely there, even more than counter attack. I honestly suspect they both might be bi/bromance maybe in the closet. You can observe the looks from JY to WZ are more than normal. but WZ is more inscrutable with regards to his affection for JY but it's definitely there but way subtler. And there are many instances of overgrown adolescent homoerotic sexual play that you can see amongst the both of them, which for 2 bros who don't know each other as long as CW and FS seems unusual. But in any case all these are speculation, and if there is something happening, we should wish them all the best.

Luck seems to have bestowed them this great opportunity, but WZ is way more talented. He can dance, sing and act. He is an acting major but the series theme and ending songs are seriously good. I prefer the ending though. A partial bias of mine, but if I didn't know he composed them, I wouldn't have thought that the songs were from China, as the mainland chinese pop music songs usually don't sound like that. You can watch The Voice of China or I am a Singer or the multitude of Mandarin singing competition variety shows to familiarise yourself. There are usually HK and TW stars inside and their song choices and delivery are rather different compared to the Mainland ones. WZ's songs are more in line with taiwanese or HK pop. JY has a bigger fanbase, partially i feel from his character GH. GH is written in such an obsessive romance novel utopian male lover image that it will definitely appeal to females. But JY feels slightly one-track, maybe he has to take up some acting lessons to expand his choice of roles beyond being idol fodder. WZ on the other hand has definite flexibility with various roles. You can imagine WZ being a believable GH. but I cannot imagine JY being an imaginable BLY. 

Lastly, I hope that we not insinuate they are on drugs. Lately with societal rules changing in China courtesy of the suddenly prudish government, I do worry if their careers will be affected and the narcotic police's suspicion falls on them based on hearsay and rumour. I don't know I will follow Addicted should the cast change, since I have read the entire web novel already I know the whole story, but it's difficult for me to translate as I am not good with northern chinese slang. But I will definitely follow both their careers with interest. I do think they will have difficulty filming the next 1/2 seasons because of the plot. It is way more smutty, less realistic and illogical and it has a lot of military stuff etc. It's not easy to do this with a small budget and with government scrutiny. But will definitely get the DVD if it comes out. cheers to the fandom!

Love the insight on this! I actually read the whole thing ~

• Like 4

addicted web series official weibo update just now
"recently too many people using fake official banner, making illegal copies of the dvd, here is the official statement: addicted web series crews never allows any other organization to sell the uncut version, the dvd also isnt finished yet, and no possibilities of it (the dvd) leaking out, so please everyone dont be deceived!!!"
:dizzy:

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BCtrN0WCjO3/?taken-by=estreline

• Like 16

9 hours ago, skeletonworks said:

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Hidden Content

I can't handle this. It's too much! I was going to sleep then I saw this and I'm like kekekekeke at 1 am trying not to roar with laughter!

To the lovely @alvinboi:

Love the pic of JY!! *melt* <3

Also, no thanks needed, everyone. It's a really funny chapter to read~ xD

8 hours ago, gayyoxx said:

OMG! Thank you for the translation! This is hilarious! XD

One question: what happen on the morning after? Does BLY remember everything? XD

Nope, there was no follow-up. The next chapter started with Lunar New Year Eve night. Here's something funny. GH & BLY were playing with firecrackers. GH was holding onto one, ready to light it up. BLY found GH foolish for doing that, saying no one holds that when lighting it up. GH challenged him to do the same. BLY replied, "If you really dare, light it up in your pants." GH laughed and said, "Do you believe that I light this up in your chrysanthemum?" :D:D:D BLY then chased GH around, wanting to beat him up, while GH tried to get him off his back.

33 minutes ago, Saga Kimura said:

"recently too many people using fake official banner, making illegal copies of the dvd, here is the official statement: addicted web series crews never allows any other organization to sell the uncut version, the dvd also isnt finished yet, and no possibilities of it (the dvd) leaking out, so please everyone dont be deceived!!!"

Thanks for the information. And to this update, JY most definitely will approve it! xD

CdCQeV5UkAAgYaU.jpg

• Like 12

46 minutes ago, Saga Kimura said:

My heart is broken into thousand pieces.I got excited for a whole day but why this has to happen TwT

• Like 1

3 hours ago, swong2330 said:

You are right. BTW, I really did not mean to insinuate anything, I just pray that they are happy in whatever they are doing. But, one thing I disagree with you. WZ may be multi-talented but so far as acting and emoting is concerned, Johnny is more natural at it and seems to have that dramatic effect that is needed for the big screen. I will not be surprised if he is offered movie roles soon. He is too good for a web series. 

JY is natural only because I feel he has a torch for WZ and to a certain extent the role of GH might be close to his personality or character. Otherwise the GH character itself is actually fairly easy to act. I mean it's a typical trope of the rich badboy mean jerk/richard simmons turns into prodigal son/reformed man role/perfect lover. That's like the textbook single male idol drama role, for example, Lee Min-ho from Boys over Flowers famously. How difficult can such a performance be? BLY is the harder role to play and if you have watched Brokeback Mountain or Happy Together you will know what I mean. Which is why I say that JY is the novice and WZ the more seasoned one. 

I wouldn't be surprised he will have movies soon. He doesn't have school to take care of unlike WZ. But why i think he needs more acting lessons is because, he might have an affinity or a natural talent, but looks don't last long in the industry as there will be younger and more handsome people chasing your coattails, and styles might change, you might be yesterday's flavour of the day in a short time. I'm not so sure about movie potential yet. Most of the actors who are big in movies in China aren't the most good looking. Deng Chao is a good example. And most of them, even Huang Xiaoming, have theatrical experience, who hails from the Beijing Film Academy. It's a lot easier for a female to transition and have career success from using their looks/modelling to a career in entertainment as compared to a male. But when they get older, career longevity does not depend on your looks anymore. So JY being good at playing 1 character isn't a good thing. And he doesn't have options like music like WZ. 

if anything, what you see on Addicted is a raw moving performance that's an unpolished gem from JY and a great nuanced performance from WZ. JY is playing himself where as WZ is playing BLY. I think many people have commented similarly too. I will be more than happy should JY prove me wrong. but in this industry, people tend to be typecast. So it's very difficult to get out of a typecasted image once its fixed. and for some actors that's a death knell.

Edited by linfernal
  • Like 13

12 minutes ago, mchansk07 said:

just finished another summary & since this one is quite long, i decided to divide it into 2 parts. this one is about balcony sex part, just a short one though :)

SPOILER!! restricted to +18 only!  (this is the continuation from my last post in page 193)

Hidden Content

oh my oh my oh my....OH MY ;)

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, pureblade said:

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet :rolleyes:......

*******Warning: Nosebleeding Content*******

Reveal hidden contents

I'm really looking forward to the fully uncut version because in a interview, Jingyu said both of them take out everything except underwears in this scene. It is not like I have never ever watch something more than that but I still get extremely arouse when thinking about the scene. Might I get addicted to them too much :D

• Like 9

Another fan made video to the ending song using clips from the series. I NEED AN OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO FOR THIS SONG AND I NEED IT NOW!!!! 

(No clue if the video has been posted or not)

Love the beginning of this clip :wub:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Saga Kimura said:

It's good to know that the DVDs are work in progress. This could be a great sign that the show will fight to continue. 

Btw, can I ask if chapter 200 is the post 8-year separation?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, linfernal said:

Luck seems to have bestowed them this great opportunity, but WZ is way more talented. He can dance, sing and act. He is an acting major but the series theme and ending songs are seriously good. I prefer the ending though. A partial bias of mine, but if I didn't know he composed them, I wouldn't have thought that the songs were from China, as the mainland Chinese pop music songs usually don't sound like that. You can watch The Voice of China or I am a Singer or the multitude of Mandarin singing competition variety shows to familiarise yourself. There are usually HK and TW stars inside and their song choices and delivery are rather different compared to the Mainland ones. WZ's songs are more in line with taiwanese or HK pop. JY has a bigger fanbase, partially i believe stems from his character GH. GH is written in such an obsessive romance novel utopian male lover image that it will definitely appeal to females. But JY feels slightly one-track, maybe he has to take up some acting lessons to expand his choice of roles beyond being idol fodder. WZ on the other hand has definite flexibility with various roles. You can imagine WZ being a believable GH. but I cannot picture JY being BLY. 

I agreed with everything you said except for the part I quote above.  WZ is talented because he's trained for it since a young age, but I don't it's fair to compare it to JY who just started out.  What I see in JY is raw talent, something that few posses but many can be train to have.  WZ has been trained since young to sing, dance, and act.  Now Johnny, he did an excellent job with no prior training on his first film and it looks like acting comes naturally to him based on instincts.  If your watch the NetEase interview, they all mentioned that the director was surprised by JY and think he's very talented and have very high potential.

Skip to 47:10 for this portion of the interview

I can also see that from the way JY field questions and answers them in interviews, he can be amazingly good when he puts his heart into it.  

My final thought, I believe JY can go very far and very quickly if he has someone there to provide him with good guidance.  

• Like 11

23 minutes ago, mchansk07 said:

just finished another summary & since this one is quite long, i decided to divide it into 2 parts. this one is about balcony sex part, just a short one though :)

SPOILER!! restricted to +18 only!  (this is the continuation from my last post in page 193)

Hidden Content

Omg they must have woken up the entire building. Lol.

Spoiler

Which position have we not seen BLY in? xD

Also, BLY made 3 shot?! And he never felt so weak after the deed is done?! Damn the pleasure GH gives...

• Like 11

12 hours ago, andrewth said:

Another fan made video to the ending song using clips from the series. I NEED AN OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO FOR THIS SONG AND I NEED IT NOW!!!! 

(No clue if the video has been posted or not) MOD EDIT: Please do not quote images, gifs, and videos

Love the beginning of this clip :wub:

OMG i relly like this song :wub:

• Like 2