This show really is like a drug, so many highs and lows, I'm not sure how much more I can take.

High: Saw a BTS. The people who made Counterattack are making another BL web drama.

Low: Why the heck can't I find anything about this series? Any idea how many things come up when you type "Addicted web series" into google? Nothing related to this show.

High: More stuff is posted!

Low: When the heck is the "Winter" release according to them?

High: It's going to be 18 episodes!

Low: They're cutting it because of censors to 15.

High: They released 3 episodes!

Low: Unsure release times for following episodes.

High: Three episodes released a week.

Low: No one to talk about this awesome show. Why don't any of my friends like BL!?!?

High: Found forums! 

Low: Show is being pulled for evaluation

High: Creator is fighting for show.

Low: It's been banned!!

High: Remaining episodes posted to youtube. 

Low: All things are rumors and nothing is set.

High: Lots of awesome spoilers and pictures.

Low: More and more rumors!

High: DVD is coming out!

Low: Not the real uncut DVD

High: Looks like they're actually working on making the DVD

• Like 17

13 hours ago, Ariodante said:

MOD EDIT: Please do not quote images, gifs, and videos

Not sure if it's been posted yet... *serious nosebleed* *mop in aisle sixty-nine*

MOD EDIT: Please do not quote images, gifs, and videos

Where r u Johnny...?!  I crave you :heart:

oh, who cares if he's the same age as my son, I'm not dead yet - DAYEM!

• Like 9

12814555_452529528276537_199905413177038

/re-posted from March 6 weibo post/... I have been too busy recently; the song cannot be released on time tmr. It may be delayed for a few days...

*heart flutters* *pulse's racing * Reading it as "I've been too busy fooling around JY recently; my tension cannot be released for the time being" *almost faints from a bout of conspiracy fever"

• Like 9

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Tin Le said:

My heart is broken into thousand pieces.I got excited for a whole day but why this has to happen TwT

Be patient. i think DVD are work in progress :D
just wait for official info about DVD release date

• Like 1

1 hour ago, linfernal said:

JY is natural only because I feel he has a torch for WZ and to a certain extent the role of GH might be close to his personality or character. Otherwise the GH character itself is actually fairly easy to act. I mean it's a typical trope of the rich badboy mean jerk/richard simmons turns into prodigal son/reformed man role/perfect lover. That's like the textbook single male idol drama role, for example, Lee Min-ho from Boys over Flowers famously. How difficult can such a performance be? BLY is the harder role to play and if you have watched Brokeback Mountain or Happy Together you will know what I mean. Which is why I say that JY is the novice and WZ the more seasoned one. 

I wouldn't be surprised he will have movies soon. He doesn't have school to take care of unlike WZ. But why i think he needs more acting lessons is because, he might have an affinity or a natural talent, but looks don't last long in the industry as there will be younger and more handsome people chasing your coattails, and styles might change, you might be yesterday's flavour of the day in a short time. I'm not so sure about movie potential yet. Most of the actors who are big in movies in China aren't the most good looking. Deng Chao is a good example. And most of them, even Huang Xiaoming, have theatrical experience, who hails from the Beijing Film Academy. It's a lot easier for a female to transition and have career success from using their looks/modelling to a career in entertainment as compared to a male. But when they get older, career longevity does not depend on your looks anymore. So JY being good at playing 1 character isn't a good thing. And he doesn't have options like music like WZ. 

if anything, what you see on Addicted is a raw moving performance that's an unpolished gem from JY and a great nuanced performance from WZ. JY is playing himself where as WZ is playing BLY. I think many people have commented similarly too. I will be more than happy should JY prove me wrong. but in this industry, people tend to be typecast. So it's very difficult to get out of a typecasted image once its fixed. and for some actors that's a death knell.

You took the words out of my mind there. :)

to me, its always been obvious who can act more naturally. I've seen glimpse of timmy's other webseries, which is a flop, but its mostly not timmy's fault when the whole production isnt good. But his acting performance, its standard. Not gonna say excellent, but very well.

johnny, has a great raw talent. Also part of his luck that his first series is playing guhai, which is himself, and also that he work with timmy, who he was able to get comfy and have chemistry with. He still have a lot to learn about acting, but given his first good experience, this helped him gain confidence and tries for other movies and get more experience. 

I had no doubt johnny will success in the acting field. He is someone who will work hard for his job. Also his face can be both modern and ancient looking. There are many prospects he can work, provided his acting improves. But based on his popularity alone, he will get many offers, the only question is career longetivity. But i believe in him, his raw talent, and his hard work.

while timmy, considering he already has a good acting skill, idk but i always imagine him to act in one of those hong kong's movie playing as a police. He has this face and build that matches this role perfectly. 

But to be honest, his singing voice (live) isnt that great. Although his composing and writing music is excellent. I hope he can be somewhat like lee hom or jay chou. Who do great at music and acting!

I am actually honored to be able to witness their rise to fame, to actually have a shot to become one of china's biggest names. Cheers to that fellow addicts!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, mchansk07 said:

just finished another summary & since this one is quite long, i decided to divide it into 2 parts. this one is about balcony sex part, just a short one though :)

SPOILER!! restricted to +18 only!  (this is the continuation from my last post in page 193)

Hidden Content

Another note to self: Do not read anything clearly labeled as NSFW or +18 in this forum...coz im now sitting slack-jawed with a river of drool smack dab in the middle of my work area hahahhahah

Thank you so much!!!!***shakes drool off keyboard***

• Like 10

Most of my friends are very anxious if this series will continue since it was taken off air in the mainland. We are trying to get hold of an English version of the novel. Anyways, I wish to watch their interview. I mean the cast. A whike ago I was watching it and suddenly it's gone. Am not even halfway. Haist.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, yaoimazter78 said:

Another note to self: Do not read anything clearly labeled as NSFW or +18 in this forum...coz im now sitting slack-jawed with a river of drool smack dab in the middle of my work area hahahhahah

Thank you so much!!!!***shakes drool off keyboard***

Well i managed to control my serious face, as if im focused at my work. But luckily nobody can see my richard simmon gaining strengths to become iron toy under the table. Muahhahahahaha gosh im perverted, reading it makes me excited. Hahahaha

i wonder if one day i got caught reading this kind of stuff at work. Oh i cant help myself!

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, David Catarroja said:

Most of my friends are very anxious if this series will continue since it was taken off air in the mainland. We are trying to get hold of an English version of the novel. Anyways, I wish to watch their interview. I mean the cast. A whike ago I was watching it and suddenly it's gone. Am not even halfway. Haist.

Are you talking about this interview? I think this is the only interview that has all four boys. 

Also about the DVD, I think it's safe to say that until we hear word from either the official weibo of the series, CJD, or the four boys, nothing can be concrete and we should dismiss any rumors no matter how nice they sound aha. It's kinda like if someone out of the blue posted something about WZ's upcoming album when WZ hasn't posted anything on Weibo, like... Just shake it off. Like T-Swizzle. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, leemicho said:

I think you got it reversed, masochistic top would mean what GH would like pain being inflicted on him while he tops while BLY would enjoy inflicting pain on GH while he bottoms, unless that's what you mean... But I don't think BLY enjoys pain at all, he's scared of having sex with GH, ex. when he finds GH reading all those karma sutra books. GH on the other hand, I wouldn't classify him as sadistic, he wants BLY to feel good in bed hence why all the book reading, plus there's no whips involved as far as I know. I think earlier on in their relationship GH was more dominant simply because BLY couldn't come to terms that he liked another man. After the eight years though, BLY is ready to pounce on GH at any given chance aha. 

I would hope to think that they are versatile in some ways but the only times BLY tops GH is when GH lets him because it's payback for what GH did to BLY. Obviously CJD didn't write all the sex they had together but, most of the times GH would be on top, but it seems like after the eight years of seperation there was a power shift in the relationship. Where BLY was the one chasing after GH, and initiating sexual activity, from what I read from translated snippets by @mchansk07. There was also something about BLY getting stronger in the army so he could beat GH in wrestling after the eight years apart, I mean, whoever wins the wrestling match gets to be on top right? It's up to the readers' imaginations. 

Haha, our imaginations are well up to it!

Ok so let me revise my earlier statement…I don't really consider either of them to be sadistic at all to be honest because yes, neither wants to inflict pain on the other; I think I was using the term "masochistic" very superficially here. More in the sense that GH was willing to give in very easily to BLY if it meant that BLY would stay with him whereas BLY usually does not give in to GH so easily. I did not mean that GH likes pain in the least. I do agree with you that their relationship can be versatile (not so often), and @sohocomo that their relationship is much more on equal footing especially after the 8 year gap. It is rather more the ideal relationship. 

23 hours ago, sohocomo said:

Sadism and masochism are actually different from BDSM (binding, whips, intentional infliction of pain). In the case of GH and BLY its a mental/emotional state that they enter when together. GH knows that his actions can inflict physical pain on BLY, and as such he is in a constant state of chiding himself for any signs of pain BLY exhibits, always holding himself back from exerting his own desires. That's masochistic behavior. In the same regards, BLY knows that with one word from him GH will stop everything (see episode 15 novel comparison on 'the forceful interrogation.') BLY knows he has this power, even as he 'submits' to GH. That's a form of sadism. Together they are the definition of equality. Though physically GH is the dominant (most of the time), mentally BLY is the dom, very much in line with their general personalities. 

This a really good explanation! Thank you, it's almost like you are in my head lol….

• Like 2