6 minutes ago, adi wijaya said:

guys, i have bad news. my heart broke into pieces.

can you delete my previous post? I learned to put it into spoiler but I don't know how

[-spoiler-] picture [-/spoiler-]

delete "-"

• Like 1

Guest skeletonworks

Has anyone read about the latest scandal between Zhouzhou and Johnny???? Today. Someone caught them got out from the same house, went somewhere together. My friend showed me. I don't have the link. @lalatelev @alvinboi 

14 hours ago, BLFANS said:

5 minutes ago, skeletonworks said:

Has anyone read about the latest scandal between Zhouzhou and Chai Jidan???? Today. Someone caught them got out from the same house, went somewhere together. My friend showed me. I don't have the link. @lalatelev @alvinboi 

How old is chai ji dan? Atm personally I care more of JY lol

4 minutes ago, Kevin Woo said:

Haven't we learned anything? Don't assume...it doesn't mean anything unless they're seen holding hands or kissing or whatever right? Lol...

Agreed! For all we know they could have been discussing song writing for season 2 (trying to be optimistic) since Zhou Zhou did write both the opening and ending theme songs for season one

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, skeletonworks said:

Has anyone read about the latest scandal between Zhouzhou and Chai Jidan???? Today. Someone caught them got out from the same house, went somewhere together. My friend showed me. I don't have the link. @lalatelev @alvinboi 

Already upload the picture, you can see it in my post

1 minute ago, skeletonworks said:

Yes, I saw the article in multiple news source this morning.  It is still paparazzi news, so I don't know how much to believe.  I would think that since Zhouzhou signed with Chai Jidan, it wouldn't be weird to see him out with her?  I take these with a grain of salt.  

http://www.sznews.com/ent/content/2016-03/09/content_12889053.htm
http://yule.qlwb.com.cn/2016/0309/566837_3.shtml
http://n.cztv.com/news/11949512.html

But still, this will be a black mark on his record.  

9 minutes ago, skeletonworks said:

If anyone is interested here's an article about it, and there are pictures...

http://ent.sina.com.cn/s/m/2016-03-09/doc-ifxqaffy3789443.shtml

They're suspected of living together and having a romantic relationship with one and another. Other than that I can't make out the article. It also looks like a fans are calling out CJD and WZ to make an official statement on this matter, the fangirls aren't happy from the comments. 

Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, David Catarroja said:

Most of my friends are very anxious if this series will continue since it was taken off air in the mainland. We are trying to get hold of an English version of the novel. Anyways, I wish to watch their interview. I mean the cast. A whike ago I was watching it and suddenly it's gone. Am not even halfway. Haist.

Where are you watching it?

On 3/4/2016 at 4:49 AM, shuwei said:

this also just my theory but from my experience watching  the uncut version of her previous drama counterattack, i think cjd made these dramas to be montages of her novels. addicted is actually much less disjointed and better filmed than counterattack; imo the latter in no way can be a standalone while addicted can maybe pass. the dramas are for fans of the novel and also for ppl who will become curious after the drama and boosts her novel sales. so i doubt addicted's uncut will have anymore details than the kiss scenes and some sexual dialogue.

On 3/4/2016 at 5:03 AM, alberto123 said:

Is it possible it was 48 minutes long, then seperated into more episodes. Hence we have 15 eps now?

because it doesnt make sense that literally half of each ep was cut in production. Or am i just not used to webseries and how they operate in china?

i dont really care so much about the sexy dialogue or kissing scenes. I just hope the episodes are composed to 48 minutes so theres less plot holes in each episode. Non the less i still love this show! 

either way! Thank you to both of you for helping out!

On 3/4/2016 at 5:24 AM, shuwei said:

there were other reports about the number of episodes as well, but the final product is what is it. i wont deny the possibility of the uncut version having 48 mins eps tho. just unlikely bc that means either the 3 confirmed sexual scenes add up to THAT much of footage, or it means the production team has been cutting away half of their footage (even before the ban!).

After being away for 5 days I came back to an explosion of posts. The above quoted conversation was the most interesting to me. (Although the posts on the role-playing episode was a pretty close second).

First off let me expose my biases a little: I love film and television drama. I watch stuff from all over the world. I do my best to adapt my expectations to the style of the country of production or to the genre of the story. For example the extreme number of coincidental meetings found in k-dramas would drive me nuts if they were in a Canadian show, but I can enjoy them in the Korean show. I am not into BL in any way, so while aware of its existence I had no idea about the narrative norms of the genre. I also really dislike (governmental) homophobia and persecution.

I have watched very little from Mainland China but somehow Addicted showed up on my radar. I watched all but the last episodes in one go and then watched those as soon as they were subbed. I found it to be a decent drama. Not a favourite by any stretch but quite engaging and worth watching. The two leads doing a mostly excellent job of acting, the cinematography and music quite good. The adult family members well portrayed. Especially BLY's father. I felt that YQ and YM character's were not properly defined. Not fully fleshed out enough to be secondary leads. But where I felt the show suffered was in story flow. Some things just made no sense. For example BLY suddenly living at GH's. 

Only then did I come read this forum. @alvinboi's episode by episode comparisons to the book were very helpful. (thank you sir *bows deeply*). So for me @shuwei's theory about the web drama being meant as a montage is quite interesting. It certainly works that way. But even if this is purposeful I think it is a poor decision. I can't even wrap my head around the idea of filming 48 minutes and then cutting it back so much. Whatever the truth of the matter this indicates to me that the author is not a good enough screen writer (yet). If the script leaves massive plot holes and story jumps there is an issue. Similarly if the raw footage has to be edited down heavily that is also a failure in the script.  My impression from the bits and pieces translated and posted here is that the book has better flow. Can anyone who has read it it comment on that? And assuming that is the case I wonder if it would make sense for any production company that takes on series 2 to hire a different writer to do the screen adaptation. 

As I mentioned I really hate that the Chinese government has banned this show. I never vote for any of the assorted drama polls but have been this time simply to add voice to the anti-ban sentiment. Similarly I am considering purchasing the DVD if there is a region 1 option simply to give the Chinese government the finger. (or should that be 5 fingers??)

@sohocomo  My son is close to this age and I had to upvote your comment about being the 1% that did not desire to be sandwiched between our lovely two leads. So I laughed extra hard at your "not dead yet" comment. Just because I would never want to sleep with a man in his 20s doesn't mean I can't enjoy looking at one ;)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, yureino said:

Well i managed to control my serious face, as if im focused at my work. But luckily nobody can see my richard simmon gaining strengths to become iron toy under the table. Muahhahahahaha gosh im perverted, reading it makes me excited. Hahahaha

i wonder if one day i got caught reading this kind of stuff at work. Oh i cant help myself!

Since I have no richard simmons to make a sudden and unwanted appearance...I have one less thing to worry about...but I've refined my reading and watching habits while at work so I can say with confidence that im at hokage level by now hahahahhaha...either that or my staff has just learned to ignore me when I go to extended giggling fits due to overstimulation:sweatingbullets:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, yureino said:

Well i managed to control my serious face, as if im focused at my work. But luckily nobody can see my richard simmon gaining strengths to become iron toy under the table. Muahhahahahaha gosh im perverted, reading it makes me excited. Hahahaha

i wonder if one day i got caught reading this kind of stuff at work. Oh i cant help myself!

I wish there were an automated way to release it at 5pm/17:00, i.e. after office hours, according to the time zone a reader is in (by IP address coordinates, for example). It would save us from suspicious glances due to our weird moves and/or shrieks while at work desk/s (lucky you, work-from-homers:P)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, leemicho said:

They're suspected of living together and having a romantic relationship with one and another. Other than that I can't make out the article. It also looks like a fans are calling out CJD and WZ to make an official statement on this matter, the fangirls aren't happy from the comments. 

13 minutes ago, tea4two said:

Yes, I saw the article in multiple news source this morning.  It is still paparazzi news, so I don't know how much to believe.  I would think that since Zhouzhou signed with Chai Jidan, it wouldn't be weird to see him out with her?  I take these with a grain of salt.  

http://www.sznews.com/ent/content/2016-03/09/content_12889053.htm
http://yule.qlwb.com.cn/2016/0309/566837_3.shtml
http://n.cztv.com/news/11949512.html

But still, this will be a black mark on his record.  

33 minutes ago, adi wijaya said:

guys, i have bad news. my heart broke into pieces.

please tell me that they're just friend hangout together 

Reveal hidden contents

I hope it's rumour and if you want me to delete this just tell me...

Here are my opinions:

1/ they are clearly going out together with no mask or anything to hide from media. 

2/ the rumors that everyone knows about zz slept with cjd for ¥8000, there is no prove

3/ and from number 2 if it's real, do you think that they can do like number 1?

4/ zz signed contract with company where cjd is in, clearly what he will get from that since the company is struggling in their dramas. 

5/when are the pics taken? 

Y/even they are dating, i can see no barrier to stop them. Why? Cjd is still a young woman, about 26 27,not too older than timmy, so why stop them? 

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, leemicho said:

My two cents on this issue:   Hahahhaaah...deymn...I think if something is really going on between them then they would be far more careful because if anyone knows the mindset of fangurls it would be CJD and she's the producer of the show so she she's quite aware where the money comes from ---it's from happily shipping fangurls.

This could be work related so let's just calmly wait for official announcements. I'm of the same mind as Kevin Woo...if we don't see pics of rhem actually kissing and cuddling then I will not draw any unverified conclusion at all^_^

• Like 12

I just read about the rumour and my reaction was: poor Zhouzhou.

If that's not true, poor him twice to face this, which I am sure will make his relationship with CJD awkward. He's working under management, right? It would be hard to maintain "safe distance" with her when fans and papparazi put on hawk eyes on him like this.

If that's true, poor him because the media (and fans?) make something which is perfectly fine (him having romantic relationship with other people) into some kind of wrong/villanous act.

For me personally, the possibility that Zhouzhou and CJD dating is there, but personally I do not believe it because:

1) I think both Zhouzhou and CJD know that the popularity of the series and the actors are heavily influenced by these kind of issue. At this moment, the only person who can be in relation with Zhouzhu is Johnny, and vice versa. If Zhouzhou and CJD really have romantic relationship, they would hide it harder than how Johnny tries to surpress his affections for Zhouzhou.

2) I think CJD takes the series -and to some extent the actors- as her personal affairs, not just professional. This, and maybe BL love, is kind of her personal crusade. Considering this and point 1), I don't think she'll put Zhouzhou into danger.

3) Those pics are not romantic at all. I don't know about Chinese culture and Chinese people, but where I came from, people who are on date do not put their hands inside their jacket's pockets.

Well, still hoping the best for the boys!

• Like 17

Finally made an account and stopped lurking. ^^; Hi guys!

1 hour ago, skeletonworks said:

There's an entire video about it http://www.iqiyi.com/v_19rrkv6xe0.html (which really made me cringe tbh I can't believe I sat through the entire thing, though I was pretty much fuming mad)
I've read some comments on weibo, a lot of people are saying that they were together for work. Some fans also saw them at the mall and went up to them for photos. These fans said that WZ and CJD were also with other coworkers at them time so it wasn't just the two of them.

Update: ZZ just updated his weibo saying he's single. And repeated himself twice for good measure. lol

Edited by kakelet
  • Like 19

Fangirls are so cruel. Remember poor lotion girl? (Forget attacking her, I wanted to be her.) And it's going to seriously affect their future if everyone attacks the women they act/model with. And I could totally see the insane fangirls physically harming a girlfriend.

I don't know if they're dating each other, I have my doubts, but look at the bright side if they are, then he's dating a girl who loves BL and probably loves it when he hangs out with J.

• Like 3

Guest skeletonworks
29 minutes ago, kakelet said:

Finally made an account and stopped lurking. ^^; Hi guys!

There's an entire video about it http://www.iqiyi.com/v_19rrkv6xe0.html (which really made me cringe tbh I can't believe I sat through the entire thing, though I was pretty much fuming mad)
I've read some comments on weibo, a lot of people are saying that they were together for work. Some fans also saw them at the mall and went up to them for photos. These fans said that WZ and CJD were also with other coworkers at them time so it wasn't just the two of them.

Update: ZZ just updated his weibo saying he's single. And repeated himself twice for good measure. lol

Now I can do my work in peace :wub: