[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

2 hours ago, alekaonu said:

Annyeong everyone

Just finished watching Ep1 live. Still not familiar with the names as still new. I have to say Park Hyung Sik is looking very good, its because he get to dress up so nice as he's the prince. Whereby Park Seo Joon is wearing just average. Both male leads have encountered the female lead, Go Ara. Hmmmm I love her eyes, gorgeous hazel eyes.

Looking forward to Ep2 tomorrow as its getting more interesting and exciting. Oh yes, the queen is beautiful. So far, only Choi Min Ho and Do Ji Han appeared. The rest not yet, should be appearing in Ep2 tomorrow.

I haven't watched Episode 1 yet but im super excited to see Park Hyung shik :wub: The long wait is finally over :bawling:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

which series in your signature..a nd kiss scene?

Hi chingu :) its my most fave drama at the moment, The K2. If you have the time, please watch The K2.

I'm hoping Hwarang will help me to cure my K2 withdrawal. :sweatingbullets:

33 minutes ago, ferily said:

I haven't watched Episode 1 yet but im super excited to see Park Hyung shik :wub: The long wait is finally over :bawling:

Hi @ferily I have to say Park Hyung Sik's acting is getting better and better. I'm a bit worried that i will like 2nd Male Lead more which is PHS' Prince character.

4 minutes ago, alekaonu said:

Hi chingu :) its my most fave drama at the moment, The K2. If you have the time, please watch The K2.

Hi @ferily I have to say Park Hyung Sik's acting is getting better and better. I'm a bit worried that i will like 2nd Male Lead more which is PHS' Prince character.

lol.. thanks.. how come i didn't realize..

ya i was live watching it.. but got bored of it so dropped midway.. thanks though

14 minutes ago, alekaonu said:

Omg yes... I feel like I already have 2nd lead syndrome already even though I haven't watched the drama yet... I just love PHS so much.

i can't believe how my crush changes in a day..

I watched SFD and thought would never get over YAI.. so marathoned his dramas.. 

and then moon lovers happened.. and LJK for me is not handsome per se.. but man! did he nail it or what in saguek costume ( had seen him before in my girl.. didn't think much abt it.. and never bothered)...then i thought i was never gonna get over him.. when goblin started.. and i was reminded of my 1st korean celeb crush ever (coffee prince).. gong yoo... 

anyways so to backtrack.. after YAI.. happened to get into korean variety (into running man specifically because kept reading 1N2D comparisons with RM) ... and from there.. Exciting trip to India.. where I saw, heard about Minho for the first time.. and since then.. i can't believe how charismatic he is!.. i am totally girl crushing him now a days... KHJ was the second korean celeb crush for me.. and minho just reminds me so much of that personality - sporty, competitive,,.. did I say i am slowly moving towards obsession now a days?

gosh, SamMaekJong is equally pretty and handsome. and i like his story the best so far.

MooMyung is ok so far. his friend, real SunWoo, is going to die. it's so obvious, especially since he is special appearance.

i'm not fond of A-Ro. she has that feel of the typical cheery cliché heroine. i hope her character gets better.

i'm interested in the queen and hope to see her more, which it seems we are going to.

i love the rival relationship between SooHo and BanRyu.

can't wait to meet other two hwarangs. 

Park Seo Jun Shares His Hwarang Experience

Spoiler

bmrsuizf1mplpv8cudp4a6301y13lzdm.jpg

[by Jo Yang Boon / Photo by Baek Soo Yeon] Park Seo Jun shared his feelings about filming Hwarang.

On December 16, KBS2 drama ‘Hwarang’ held its press presentation at Nonhyeon-dong’s Imperial Palace, in Seoul.

On thay day, Park Seo Jun said, “I hadn’t had any historical drama opportunity before but I wanted my twenties to end in a blaze of glory. I made a lot of good friends and enjoyed the filming. It’s a beautiful page to add in my twenties’ book.”

‘Hwarang’ takes place in Sillah and depicts the story of Hwarang, an elite group of male youth who called themselves the Flowering Knights. It’s a historical drama series that talks love and passion, devotion and youthfulness.

Meanwhile, KBS2’s new series ‘Hwarang’ will start airing on December 19.

http://www.bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=32630

BTS' Jin and V's OST for 'Hwarang' to drop on the 20th after 1st episode airs

Hwarang' will be releasing their 2nd OST after the first episode airs!

The first OST sung by Han Dong Geun, "Wherever It Is", was pre-released before the show started airing. The 2nd OST, by none other than BTS' Jin and V, will be released at midnight KST on the 20th - right after the first episode airs at night on the 19th.

The song is titled "It's You Even If I Die", and it's a theme song for the hwarangs in the drama. It's a groovy, medium pop song that sing of young love. It's special for a lot of reasons - the drama is V's debut into acting, this is the first drama OST (Rap Monster had a movie OST) that anyone in the group is singing, and also the first duet that V and Jin has ever hand.

Are you ready for both the drama and the OST?

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/12/bts-jin-and-vs-ost-for-hwarang-to-drop-on-the-20th-after-1st-episode-airs

yes i am!

I still can't write much but...

cr:  omokdramas

I love his "na? Kae-Sea!!" ("me? Dog-Bird") owww and his fearless personality!! :wub: 

and please let's not kill his friend!! thank you Lee Kwang Soo for your cameo, it's was fun and lovely!! let's ended on that note with no deathly goodbyes!! 

cr:  kpopcaribbean 

OMOOOOOOOOOOO!! :yum:

image_readtop_2016_877121_14821845032721

I must say its not bad at all. I wanted to comment about the color of the drama, but appearenly I watched a low quality one, the color of clothes look quite good in the pic.

There wasnt any cring worthy moment. The hairs are bad in picture, but in movie its look ok. But some assessorize still look quite cheap.

All the actors are doing fine job (I dont like the queen acting though)

Its funny, not much of romance driven. Not bad at all

The first episode is 6%, as long as its higher than Moon Lovers rating, its a success already. RD has really high rating right now.

Good luck to the team.

Lee Kwang Soo is always such a scene stealer. I feel sorry sometimes he got stuck in a funny character, hes a really good actor. Go Ara is good, we can expect much more from her. Seem like GA and LKS are siblings? 

The rest of the cast sorry im not following the names yet @.@ 

[Spoilers] Hwarang (Pilot)

Spoiler

201612192209772432_5857e8cbd1a5c_99_2016

Osen - Naver: 'Hwarang' first episode, spectacle + romance + comic, 'daebak smell'

1. [+3,183, -494] Can't wait for episode 2, the drama's watchable

2. [+2,852, -450] To be honest, it's fun. Gotta watch tomorrow's episode too

3. [+2,603, -402] Fun drama!! ㅋㅋ I burst out laughing at Park Seo Joon's first entrance ㅋㅋ his acting is jjang

4. [+2,415, -405] It was fun tho

5. [+2,263, -388] Exceeded my expectation, I'll keep watching

6. [+558, -63] Kwangsoo, don`t die ㅜㅜㅜ Made me nervous when I look at him

7. [+610, -81] How many lives did Kwangsoo have today?ㅠㅠ

8. [+625, -115] Didn't expect much but it's honestly enjoyable ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ It looks so much like a contemporary drama with Silla era as a backdrop, it's decent ㅋㅋㅋㅋ  So sad when Kwangsoo got hit

9. [+612, -113] Sam Maek Jong is daebak heart-fluttering ㅜㅜ

10. [+460, -73] I had low expectation because of the hairstyle but it's better than I thought ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Can't wait for the second episode ㅎㅎ

Spoiler

2016122001001555700106491.jpg

Sports Chosun - Nate: 'Hwarang', Park Seo Joon saves Lee Kwangsoo's life three times... entangled destiny 

1. [+199, -27] Wanted to see it for Park Seo Joon but the drama's boring and cringeworthy. I don't understand what it's aboutㅜㅜ ah ㅜㅜ

2. [+157, -12] Hope you wrap up with Hwarang well and I'll wait to see you in a drama as good as She Was Pretty. I'll keep cheering you on

3. [+143, -16] Does Lee Kwangsoo not have luck with projects..

4. [+17, -9] A reminiscent of Moon Lovers ㅋㅋ

5. [+17, -10] Seo Joon hyung had a good string of dramas, why did he pick this one?

Spoiler

20161219225752243ekhm.jpg

Daum
1. [+698, -79] I hate Park Geun Hye

2. [+396, -71] Am I the only one who thinks it's immature?

3. [+222, -34] Immature themes must be the trend lately

4. [+256, -70] I looked forward to this, it's boring so I switched to another channel

5. [+244, -71] Boring... Had to force myself to finish it

6. [+200, -49] Can't tell if the problem lies in the script or directing.. It's just the first episode but I can't seem to get into the story. The bgm is so-so. I had hoped that Hwarang would ease off the disappointment from the previous drama but what a shame..

7. [+197, -65] The story has no sense of direction. I don't see anybody else who stands out aside from Kim Ji Soo. The OST feels out of place ㅋ Too messy for me, I won't be continuing ㅠ

8. [+273, -174] Excited to watch the coming episodes, didn't notice how quickly the hour passed by! 

awesome ep 1

second lead is hot.. and did anyone else recognize him from heirs? woo bin's friend, photographer.. that is enough to tell me that this park hyn shik is a good actor...

lately min ho has been caught my attention, its like suddenly he is everywhere.. and well he is truly hot

The other guy against choi min ho.. guess nt my kind of a guy.. looks wise and character wise falls flat..

King actually turns out to be the most interesting character at this stage...

And go ara... she really shud have long hair in real life too... anyway she has always been the most b'ful korean for me

Ratings:

Romantic Doctor

22.6% Nielsen

19.7% TNMS

Hwarang

6.9% Nielsen

7.9 TNMS

Night Light

3.8% Nielsen

4.1% TNMS

It's nice to see that Hwarang took 2nd :) Hopefully the ratings will continue to improve ^^ Seems like Romantic Doctor is dominating this time slow though.

Archived