[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, alekaonu said:

Annyeong chingu deul

OMG :tears: I cried so much when Mak Mun (LKS) was dying. Moo Myung (PSJ) were best buddies with Mak Mun. The saddest part was that finally Mak Mun's dad found him but he died. Ah Ro is Mak Mun's sister but I don't think they are blood related. Ah Ro is the little princess. Was it a princess with the Queen in Ep1? I have not rewatchd Ep1 with subs.

Mak Mun's dad buried him and rescued Moo Myung to his house to nurse his wounds. When he recovered, he was still staying there trying to seek revenge on Mak Mun's death. Ah Ro even took food to him without realizing who was he.

Oh yes, earlier at the parlor, the Prince forced Ah Ro to tell him stories till he fall asleep. Then he dreamed about his mum and woke up. He found Ah Ro sleeping on the floor snoring away.

Errrr I'm mistaken about Ah Ro being a princess, after thinking much about it, she can't be because she's in a love triangle with the prince.

Aro is not the child from the flashback with the Queen, that was Maek Jong when he was younger. That flashback shows how MJ has been hidden away ever since he was young. I think the drama just made MJ look like a girl when he was younger haha. I don't know, everything about Sam Maek Jong is still mysterious and unknown. I'm pretty sure that Mak Moon and Aro are blood related siblings. But I teared up when Mak Moon died too.. especially with his father right in front of him... 

ok, ep2 was better, but i wish they would speed things up. we need for the plot to begin, so that viewers can get interested in the drama.

the drama itself is actually full of cliche that lots of viewers already lost interest since they feel like they already finished watching the drama because they know how it will turn out.

real Sunwoo is queen's son. in character description, queen and his father are old lovers. also his father said "his son was taken away from him" i'm not sure if it's queen or queen's enemy, but i'm guessing it's queen's enemy who had done this.

to protect her child, she killed her another child. i bet Sunwoo is child out of love while Sammaekjong is child out of politics/ambition by queen. her ruthless methods will come back to bite her. when she finds out that she killed her own child, she will despair. i can't wait for this realization. 

i love it when Sooho and Banryu bicker with one another. lol and Hansung was in the middle sighing over them XD i also like how Hansung was focused on the item so much that he doesn't even notice A-Ro right in front of him. lol

we still didn't get to see another hwarang. seriously, it's been two episodes. this drama needs to learn how to introduce characters fast because even if some are minor characters, they are still important, and viewers are not going to wait for the drama to slowly introduce all the characters.

Sammaekjong and Moomyung's "fight" scene at the end was awesome!

there must be a curse: pre production sageuk = bad editting. We spent half an hour on SW death, then the rest jump all over place

dog bird hair in drama actually better than real life. the king has too much make up. the queen doesnt look evil enough.

The drama has lots of potential but im scared the bad editting will kill it. 

when korean will realize that LKS is a good actor? stop killing him off >.< i would much prefer watching him interact with other guys. his acting is natual, dog bird seem force.

12 minutes ago, louisawatson said:

ok, ep2 was better, but i wish they would speed things up. we need for the plot to begin, so that viewers can get interested in the drama.

the drama itself is actually full of cliche that lots of viewers already lost interest since they feel like they already finished watching the drama because they know how it will turn out.

real Sunwoo is queen's son. in character description, queen and his father are old lovers. also his father said "his son was taken away from him" i'm not sure if it's queen or queen's enemy, but i'm guessing it's queen's enemy who had done this.

to protect her child, she killed her another child. i bet Sunwoo is child out of love while Sammaekjong is child out of politics/ambition by queen. her ruthless methods will come to bite her back. when she finds out that she killed her own child, she will despair. i can't wait for this realization. 

i love it when Sooho and Banryu bicker with one another. lol and Hansung was in the middle sighing over them XD i also like how Hansung was focused on the item so much that he doesn't even notice A-Ro right in front of him. lol

we still didn't get to see another hwarang. seriously, it's been two episodes. this drama needs to learn how to introduce characters fast because even if some are minor characters, they are still important, and viewers are not going to wait for the drama to slowly introduce all the characters.

Sammaekjong and Moomyung's "fight" scene at the end was awesome!

I don't think so!! people still watch dramas that have many clichés!! it's about the story, actors and the way the clichés are showed/used!! if they use them the right way, people will still enjoy them all the same!! :D

PLEASE GIVE ME THAT!! I want to see her in dispaere for all the pain she caused her sons and innocent people for her greed over power!! :rage: 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes I love their bickering!! :lol: they are very different from each other and that would bring more fun in the future too when they'll be forced to live, train and work in the same group!! :lol: 

yes it was!! :wub: poor Ah Ro was caught in the middle though!! :sweatingbullets:

I NEED TO SING PRAISES AHHHHH~~~~ I liked episode 2 way better. The editing as well. Which means I may have fallen for this drama AND now I'll be impatiently waiting for new eps. T-T 

Okay I cried like a BABY when Mak Moon/Sun Woo died... I mean I've seen a lot of emotional and sad things in dramas, and I think we all expected him to leave, but the way the father realized he was his son and proceeded to break down just tore me apart. It feels really strange to see so many good father figures in this drama.

I like Ah Ro a lot more too! I don't think she's necessarily overacting anymore. I'll just blame her dramatic storytelling on the directing. It's fine, just not my cup of tea. I really think I'm going to like Ah Ro as a heroine. She's smart, resourceful, and adds something to the story. YASS.

Moo Myung has a stake in my heart. Oh Park Seo Joon... ;~; Mak Moon was a parent, a brother, and a friend... oh dear oh dear... Moo Myung deserves happiness. But what is going on with his dizzy spells?? I hope the writer didn't just put it in there to make him woozy and hindered when Mak Moon was being killed... but that might be the reason since it seems like the doctor father fixed him up. 

THAT ENDING. Am I overreacting?? Probably. Ahhh.... Moo Myung and the king have sooo much deadly chemistry and they haven't even seen each other's faces yet LOLL. (Can someone tell me what to call Park Hyung Shik's character? ---Ok I see that he is called Maek Jong^^) 

ANYWAYS. This drama is imperfect like most are (can't expect seamless directing like Signal for everything, although one of the actors is in here too lol) but dang it's PRETTY AWESOME!! I can't wait for the hwarang shenanigans!! 

53 minutes ago, Chi Le said:

there must be a curse: pre production sageuk = bad editting. We spent half an hour on SW death, then the rest jump all over place

dog bird hair in drama actually better than real life. the king has too much make up. the queen doesnt look evil enough.

@Chi Le I also think the editing needs improvement. I liked ep 2 more though. The death scene did take a long time, but I was pretty engrossed in the story, so I didn't mind too much. >.< What I wish the writer or director did better was introduce the characters more smartly to create flow and not jump jump jump... the way they did it through these first 2 eps left a lot to be desired. Still, they got me HYPED! 

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

i m liking the series..

it appears to have taught direction..

@enigmatic_zephy Ep 2 definitely had more of a story and direction. I give all the credit to Park Seo Joon and the father figures (Sun Woo's dad and the man Moo Myung went back too). PSJ's emotional acting drew me in. Maek Jong's distraught over being the reason for the deaths (although it's not really his fault) is also interesting. 

1 hour ago, sakura2016 said:

I don't think so!! people still watch dramas that have many clichés!! it's about the story, actors and the way the clichés are showed/used!! if they use them the right way, people will still enjoy them all the same!! :D

PLEASE GIVE ME THAT!! I want to see her in dispaere for all the pain she caused her sons and innocent people for her greed over power!! :rage: 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes I love their bickering!! :lol: they are very different from each other and that would bring more fun in the future too when they'll be forced to live, train and work in the same group!! :lol: 

yes it was!! :wub: poor Ah Ro was caught in the middle though!! :sweatingbullets:

i agree. i also love cliches depending on story, actors, and the way cliches are showed/used. but i did saw many viewers commenting about not being interested because of the whole cliches. even idol and actor fans seem to be disappointed by it and they are saying they will still watch it for their idol/actors.

the dowager queen strongly wants her son to stay as king by killing all the threats and possible threats. but it feels like it's not really for her son, but it's really for her, so that she can maintain her "king's mother" title and be regarded as important with power. 

i can't wait Sooho and Banryu to live togheter XD

i love the ending where we end with Ahro. it was smart move. i kinda forgot about her because of the intensity between Moomyung and Sammaekjong. then when i saw her, i was like what? oh.. it was quite a plot twist to tangle their relationships. 

Guest ktiminie

NATIONWIDE TV RATINGS - EPISODE 2

AGB Nielsen: 7.2% (+0.3) :)

Source: Daum

Spoiler

Romantic Doctor: 22.9%

Night Light: 4.5%

Personally I'm pleasantly surprised by the 2 first episodes. I agree it's a bit cheesy and the editing (especially for the first episode) is so so but I find it easy to watch and kind of refreshing :D

2 hours ago, louisawatson said:

i agree. i also love cliches depending on story, actors, and the way cliches are showed/used. but i did saw many viewers commenting about not being interested because of the whole cliches. even idol and actor fans seem to be disappointed by it and they are saying they will still watch it for their idol/actors.

the dowager queen strongly wants her son to stay as king by killing all the threats and possible threats. but it feels like it's not really for her son, but it's really for her, so that she can maintain her "king's mother" title and be regarded as important with power. 

i can't wait Sooho and Banryu to live togheter XD

i love the ending where we end with Ahro. it was smart move. i kinda forgot about her because of the intensity between Moomyung and Sammaekjong. then when i saw her, i was like what? oh.. it was quite a plot twist to tangle their relationships. 

I see!! thankfully I saw many people loving the drama and commenting how the 2nd episode got even better and even some of them said how they started for their idol(s) but got suprised by the lead and cast so looks like people got more interest into the drama after episode 2!! :D 

yes I can see her a power hungry person and no where the caring/protective mother she's trying to convince Sam Maek Jong with but he's no fool thankfully!! 

hhhhhhhh there will be a warzone in their training place because of these two!! :lol: add to it Moo Myung who will be in real bad terms with Ban Ryu since he's the low man who beated his "friend" though being a low man is enough for Ban Ryu to look down at him *rollingeyes* while Soo Ho is team anything that ruins Ban Ryu's day/fun/arrogance aka Moo Myung!! :lol: 

oh yes it was all intense between the two men and when I thought they faced each other it turned out Moo Myung was facing Ah Ro!! :blink: hhhhhhh

I have to say this!! there is nothing more satisfying for me than that Queen realising that she killed her own son in her attempt to keep the power in her hands, that she will faile miserably in, but I have a feeling that Moo Myung is her son not Son Woo!! from the very start I had a feeling that Moo Myung's mother is an important person from the way they kept mentioning her abondoning him without even giving him a name (but never said his father or family it was always his mother) and now his old man said that Moo Myung can't escape his desteny which means that his mother is in the capital-the Queen?!! I jut need to wait and see!! hmmmmm

2 hours ago, ktiminie said:

NATIONWIDE TV RATINGS - EPISODE 2

AGB Nielsen: 7.2% (+0.3) :)

Source: Daum

Reveal hidden contents

Romantic Doctor: 22.9%

Night Light: 4.5%

Personally I'm pleasantly surprised by the 2 first episodes. I agree it's a bit cheesy and the editing (especially for the first episode) is so so but I find it easy to watch and kind of refreshing :D

I'm happy of the rising and hope it keep on rising for the upcoming episodes as well!! :D 

OSTs MV!! :wub: 

there is engglish sub for this video you only need to change the subtitles!! :) 

hangul lyrics: 

Spoiler

삐거덕 삐거덕 금이 간 내 맘에
시린 너의 한숨들
조금씩 조금씩 시드는 꽃처럼
심장이 내려앉아

죽일 놈의 이 사랑 너 하나 땜에
다쳐도 멈추질 못해
죽어도 오직 나는 너야
네가 없인 가슴을 관통할 눈물
떨어질 검은 지옥뿐
나에게 넌 그런 존재야

나를 떠나가지 마 나를 남겨두지 마
돌아선 네 맘에 발길을 나에게 돌려줘
간절한 너를 원해 목숨 건 전부야
흩어져버린 빛 속으로 날 데려가 줘
저세상 끝까지 na na na na na na
It’s gonna be you na na na na na na
워 어어어 I can‘t let go

하늘에 맡겼던 내 운명의 열쇠는
다시 나의 손안에
긴 숨을 삼키고 영혼을 불태워
너를 차지하려 해

죽일 놈의 이 사랑 너 하나 땜에
아파도 포기를 못해
죽어도 오직 나는 너야
네가 없인 난 피도 눈물도 없는
위험한 그림자일 뿐
나에게 넌 그런 존재야

나를 떠나가지 마 나를 남겨두지 마
돌아선 네 맘에 발길을 나에게 돌려줘
간절한 너를 원해 목숨 건 전부야
흩어져버린 빛 속으로 날 데려가 줘
워 어어어 I can‘t let go

날 바쳐 널 지킬게 보란 듯이 해볼게
난 지금 이 위기를 기회로 삼으려고 해
넌 내 최고의 선택 나를 막진 못해
흩어져버린 빛 속으로 날 데려가 줘
it’s gonna be you na na na na na na
워 어어어 I can‘t let go

na na na na na na
na na na na na na

cr: http://www.kpopscene.com/v-jin-even-if-i-die-its-you/

romanisation lyrics:

Spoiler

ppigeodeog ppigeodeog geum-i gan nae mam-e
silin neoui hansumdeul
jogeumssig jogeumssig sideuneun kkochcheoleom
simjang-i naelyeoanj-a

jug-il nom-ui i salang neo hana ttaem-e
dachyeodo meomchujil moshae
jug-eodo ojig naneun neoya
nega eobs-in gaseum-eul gwantonghal nunmul
tteol-eojil geom-eun jiogppun
na-ege neon geuleon jonjaeya

naleul tteonagaji ma naleul namgyeoduji ma
dol-aseon ne mam-e balgil-eul na-ege dollyeojwo
ganjeolhan neoleul wonhae mogsum geon jeonbuya
heut-eojyeobeolin bich sog-eulo nal delyeoga jwo
jeosesang kkeutkkaji na na na na na na
wo eoeoeo I can‘t let go

haneul-e matgyeossdeon nae unmyeong-ui yeolsoeneun
dasi naui son-an-e
gin sum-eul samkigo yeonghon-eul bultaewo
neoleul chajihalyeo hae

jug-il nom-ui i salang neo hana ttaem-e
apado pogileul moshae
jug-eodo ojig naneun neoya
nega eobs-in nan pido nunmuldo eobsneun
wiheomhan geulimjail ppun
na-ege neon geuleon jonjaeya

naleul tteonagaji ma naleul namgyeoduji ma
dol-aseon ne mam-e balgil-eul na-ege dollyeojwo
ganjeolhan neoleul wonhae mogsum geon jeonbuya
wo eoeoeo I can‘t let go

nal bachyeo neol jikilge bolan deus-i haebolge
nan jigeum i wigileul gihoelo sam-eulyeogo hae
neon nae choegoui seontaeg naleul magjin moshae
wo eoeoeo I can‘t let go

na na na na na na
na na na na na na

cr: http://www.kpopscene.com/v-jin-even-if-i-die-its-you/

english translation:

Spoiler

Creaking creaking
In my cracked heart
The chill of your sighs

Little by little
Like a withering flower
My heart aches

This damn love
Just because of you alone
I can’t stop even if I get hurt
Even if I die, for me it’s only you

Without you
There are only tears that pierce through my chest
And a dark hell I’ll fall into
To me, you are that kind of existence

Don’t leave me
Don’t leave me behind
Your heart that turned away
Please turn (it) back towards me
I want the you who is desperate
It’s everything that (I’ve) risked (my) life for
Into the light that has been scattered
Take me there, please
To the end of that world

na na na na na na
It’s gonna be you
na na na na na na
It’s gonna be you
na na na na na na
Woah oh oh oh
I can‘t let go

It was left to the heavens
The key to my destiny
Is once again in my hands

Swallowing a long breath and
Burning up my soul
I’m going to make you mine

This damn love
Just because of you alone
I can’t give up even if I get hurt
Even if I die, for me it’s only you

Without you
I have no blood or tears
I am just a dangerous shadow
To me, you’re that kind of existence

Don’t leave me
Don’t leave me behind
Your heart that turned away
Please turn (it) back towards me
I want the you who is desperate
It’s everything that (I’ve) risked (my) life for
Take me there, please
To the end of that world

na na na na na na
It’s gonna be you
na na na na na na
It’s gonna be you
na na na na na na
Woah oh oh oh
I can‘t let go

I will sacrifice myself to protect you
I will try to do it (despite) being doubted
This crisis right now, I
Am going to try to turn it into an opportunity

You’re my best choice
You can’t stop me
Take me there, please
To the end of that world

na na na na na na
it’s gonna be you
na na na na na na
it’s gonna be you
na na na na na na
Woah oh oh oh
I can‘t let go
na na na na na na
na na na na na na

(Translation source: http://bts-trans.tumblr.com/)

http://cjklyrics.com/v-jin-bts-even-if-i-die-its-you-hwarang-ost-part2-lyrics.html

I love the OSTs of the drama!! :wub: 

7 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

so Moo Myung will take his friend's real birth name "Son Woo" but will that make him Ah Ro's brother in front of the people?!! :blink: 

and what does the green ligne mean?!! and the blue ligne?!! what relation have Ah Ro's father to the Queen?!! :blink: 

Not seeing any green lines ... unless I'm color-blind?  Anyhew ... it says: 

Ah Ro's father & Queen = previously lovers

"Son Woo" & Ah Ro = (older) brother ?? + Lovers

5 hours ago, Chi Le said:

when korean will realize that LKS is a good actor? stop killing him off >.< i would much prefer watching him interact with other guys. his acting is natual, dog bird seem force.

4 hours ago, panappuru said:

@Chi Le I also think the editing needs improvement. I liked ep 2 more though. The death scene did take a long time, but I was pretty engrossed in the story, so I didn't mind too much. >.< What I wish the writer or director did better was introduce the characters more smartly to create flow and not jump jump jump... the way they did it through these first 2 eps left a lot to be desired. Still, they got me HYPED! 

@enigmatic_zephy Ep 2 definitely had more of a story and direction. I give all the credit to Park Seo Joon and the father figures (Sun Woo's dad and the man Moo Myung went back too). PSJ's emotional acting drew me in. Maek Jong's distraught over being the reason for the deaths (although it's not really his fault) is also interesting. 

Actually contrary to what you two said about SW's death, I think spending more time on his death brings more of the impact and the emotion that Seo Joon's character felt when his friend died. It shows that SW was an important person to Moo Myung and that really had an emotional impact on him. Also with the whole scene with his father, that was really touching as well. Think about it the opposite way around if they spent like only a few minutes on his death, he dies, okay good-bye, Moo Myung forgets about his friend and move on. I'm sure many people would be more upset with that kind of scene. There's probably a reason why Hwarang put so much emphasis on SW's death..

19 minutes ago, hubba-hubba said:

Not seeing any green lines ... unless I'm color-blind?  Anyhew ... it says: 

Ah Ro's father & Queen = previously lovers

"Son Woo" & Ah Ro = (older) brother ?? + Lovers

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I think I'm the one that is color-blind:!! :lol: I'm sorry but my laptop is smoll and the lights affected my eyes apparently and I'm using glasses so...:sweatingbullets: I was wondering about the link between Moo Myung, Sam Maek Jong, the Queen and the young princess as they seemed of the same color!! :sweatingbullets:

and thank you for your help!! :wub: 

older brother?!! this can be beacause he took her real big brother's name to be able to be part of the Hwarang, I think!! 

17 minutes ago, ferily said:

Actually contrary to what you two said about SW's death, I think spending more time on his death brings more of the impact and the emotion that Seo Joon's character felt when his friend died. It shows that SW was an important person to Moo Myung and that really had an emotional impact on him. Also with the whole scene with his father, that was really touching as well. Think about it the opposite way around if they spent like only a few minutes on his death, he dies, okay good-bye, Moo Myung forgets about his friend and move on. I'm sure many people would be more upset with that kind of scene. There's probably a reason why Hwarang put so much emphasis on SW's death..

I agree with you!! Son Woo's death is what will push Moo Myung to be part of the Hwarang!! he wants to break the rules that caused his friend's sepearation from his family and caused his death!! 

Archived