Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

1 hour ago, ngocdpb said:

Welcome to Jung Pal - Taekki ship. LOL.

I seriously want to ship Jung Pal with Taekie and Deok Sun with Dond Ryung, andwae yo? I've said this before but DS scenes with DR more than so called love triangle lol they are so funny  together too who cares romance ^^

• Like 6

guys, thanks for all the recaps!! literally on the edge of my seat. just watched ep15 raw, kinda of skipped to Taek scenes.

just want to say that when DS and DR were dancing, all the shots of Taek he looked slightly matured compared to previous eps. mayb hair cut but gave me a very adult feel compared to rest of gang. now when Taek realised JH liking DS, his expression totally turned shocked to cold and maybe calculative. i dun mean Taek looking all evil and all, just subconsciously he is planning his next moves. time to switch to a higher gear.

i do agree, if no extension, then R88 will be speeding up the hubby identity now. we already have a happy ending for Sung family(debt free, BR go for bar exam), love is blossoming with Choi and SW families and Kim family will get their big fortune with JB.

edit: Taek dad waiting for SW mum, the feel of love and mirroring of Taek-DS at the cafe. Taek dad giving JH dad tat "are you kidding me" look with the exercise thingy. 2015 hubby being sarcastic. chip off the old block.  

• Like 10

@onlysb1 @allegramente yup. I actually love the fact that she stepping back for awhile to concentrate on her life right now rather than her desire for a superficial romance just like the ones she read in novels. I think this is also a good opportunity for her to follow Dongryong's advice and actually evaluate on her own feelings rather than being influenced by the feelings of other. I actually like where this is going though I totally understand that others might find this frustrating because the loveline has been hanging on the very same spot for a looong time and there is not much episodes left. haha

• Like 9

Guest aoikarin

The most comforting place when Taek is tired... is answered by today's episode.. it's Duk Sun's shoulder! Omooo.. this boy looks so tired for the whole competition time.. he's truly workaholic and push himself to his limit. I really wonder why the future husband looks very fresh and energetic.. If he's turn out to be Taek, i bet Duk Sun really takes care of him very very well.. hahahaha

4 minutes ago, syaiira said:

@onlysb1 @allegramente yup. I actually love the fact that she stepping back for awhile to concentrate on her life right now rather than her desire for a superficial romance just like the ones she read in novels. I think this is also a good opportunity for her to follow Dongryong's advice and actually evaluate on her own feelings rather than being influenced by the feelings of other. I actually like where this is going though I totally understand that others might find this frustrating because the loveline has been hanging on the very same spot for a looong time and there is not much episodes left. haha

Yeah, last week, I do feel that the TK-DS-JH love line is kinda slow but now, I guess it's just nicely paced :) Episode by episode, we get to see each of the 3's POV and I bet they will leave DS's thoughts to the very last episodes. Now is the time for TK and JH hahaha

• Like 4

Okay Chingus, I am amazed.

The way this story's been developing, I feel like there's less and less of an OTP with a happily ever after. If anything, Reply 1988 deconstructs the entire notion of the OTP by pitting it against relationships that are more loving, more poignant. Things are going so good between JH & Taek that even without the love-triangle, even without DS anywhere near view, I'd be watching this show just for the two of them, rooting for their friendship and curious to know about where their lives were headed. 

It's really hard not to ship Taek with whoever he's around. So far, I've found myself shipping him with:

Appa - cause this father-son relationship is so full of heartache and so full of love and bursting at the seams either way.

SW - yeah, SW perhaps most represents us Taekie fans the way he repeatedly looks to him as cuddle-buddy. I want to cuddle you too Taekie!

DR - he had me day he unbuttoned then rebuttoned Taekie's shirt. 

DS - haha! let's just flip back the pages of this thread so we can read up 10029384579696857494 reasons why.

JH - because JH is such a gooey pool of love, and because the only way he knows how to love is to do it quietly, silently, shyly, even secretly. and because it befits our mild-mannered, extra-considerate Taekie so well.

So really, OTP-dom, out the window, out the window you're gone. We're in too deep, in too much love with all the characters to buy it your way. And love triangle? What love triangle. Pffft. This is a polygon of many sides, with everybody in love with everybody else. [And the rest of us here in Taekie's room trying to squeeze in beside them as well.]

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

Sunwoo said to look in the eyes to know if the person likes you right?

What if TK does that tomorrow? I mean he will try to see where her feelings lie.

That would actually be great for all of us fans who've been waiting around trying to figure out for weeks what DS is really feeling. Cause that's the only unsolved piece of the puzzle so far. Can we actually hope that come tomorrow, that confused, blank stare will no longer surface on DS's face? Will our trollsome writer-nim actually give the drama's biggest mystery away in a jiffy like that? *prays hard anyway*

• Like 2

Guest aoikarin

I laughed so hard with this fanart.. I think this is the feeling and what we are going to do to the PD team after trolling too much, eh? hahhahaa

tumblr_nzx69urkWN1to1fhoo1_540.jpg

And Let's see the eyes of Taek when he learns JH has crush on DS.

tumblr_nzx6hflkUz1to1fhoo1_540.jpg

credit as tagged

I read that some people are disappointed with Taek because it seemed like he didn't notice Deoksun crying. While yes, he might be too sleepy and exhausted to notice her crying at that moment but he did sense that something is wrong. He even asked her. But you see, Taek and Deoksun have this unspoken bond with each other in which they don't need to use words to understand each other. They just do. Taek knows that Deoksun is a girl full of pride. The type who wouldn't want people to know she cried because she finds it embarrassing. I think he just respects that and didn't want to make her feel even worse by pointing out that she's crying and questioning her about it. 

• Like 16

16 minutes ago, mustardmaimai said:

Okay Chingus, I am amazed.

The way this story's been developing, I feel like there's less and less of an OTP with a happily ever after. If anything, Reply 1988 deconstructs the entire notion of the OTP by pitting it against relationships that are more loving, more poignant. Things are going so good between JH & Taek that even without the love-triangle, even without DS anywhere near view, I'd be watching this show just for the two of them, rooting for their friendship and curious to know about where their lives were headed. 

It's really hard not to ship Taek with whoever he's around. So far, I've found myself shipping him with:

Appa - cause this father-son relationship is so full of heartbreak and so full of love and bursting at the seams either way.

SW - yeah, SW perhaps most represents us Taekie fans the way he repeatedly looks to him as cuddle-buddy. I want to cuddle you too Taekie!

DR - he had the me day he unbuttoned then rebuttoned Taekie's shirt. 

DS - haha! let's just flip back the pages of this thread so we can read up 10029384579696857494 reasons why.

JH - because JH is such a gooey pool of love, and because the only way he knows how to love is to do it quietly, silently, shyly, even secretly. and because it befits our mild-mannered, extra-considerate Taekie so well.

So really, OTP-dom, out the window, out the window you're gone. We're in too deep, in too much love with all the characters to buy it your way. And love triangle? What love triangle. Pffft. This is a polygon of many sides, with everybody in love with everybody else. [And the rest of us here in Taekie's room trying to squeeze in beside them as well.]

U are so right! I love the parents to bits, more for Sung n Kim, n the 3 lovely mums. Look at BR, she is all grown up now after the student protest incident n actually shows her love towards her family. Esp when DS was upset n SW pull BR away, BR expression is just sis love. BR  poster girl for tough love with gentle counsel.

Taek n appa also grew. Initially like 2 ships passing each other but now their interactions r more father son, althou sometimes like Taek is the dad esp at hospital after his dad surgery. Looks how brightly Taek answer his dad esp after airplane incident.

The mums, how to resist them. Pure pillar of strength to their families. I super ship them.

• Like 8

Guest aoikarin
2 minutes ago, syaiira said:

I read that some people are disappointed with Taek because it seemed like he didn't notice Deoksun crying. While yes, he might be too sleepy and exhausted to notice her crying at that moment but he did sense that something is wrong. He even asked her. But you see, Taek and Deoksun have this unspoken bond with each other in which they don't need to use words to understand each other. They just do. Taek knows that Deoksun is a girl full of pride. The type who wouldn't want people to know she cried because she finds it embarrassing. I think he just respects that and didn't want to make her feel even worse by pointing out that she's crying. 

I agree.. remember the scene where DS is crying because of the flasher? DS find herself is crying is an embarrassment.. she doesn't like everyone knows that she cries. And Taek knows about it. He's DS's secret keeper, right? That's why, Taek didn't ask why he cried, he just pretend not to see she cried.  he just asked what's wrong with her. He leans on her is actually giving her comfort as well, they need each other to be comforted.. See DS's face? I found her becomes calm and comfortable. The scene is great, imho.

2 minutes ago, ilmare said:

U are so right! I love the parents to bits, more for Sung n Kim, n the 3 lovely mums. Look at BR, she is all grown up now after the student protest incident n actually shows her love towards her family. Esp when DS was upset n SW pull BR away, BR expression is just sis love. BR  poster girl for tough love with gentle counsel.

Taek n appa also grew. Initially like 2 ships passing each other but now their interactions r more father son, althou sometimes like Taek is the dad esp at hospital after his dad surgery. Looks how brightly Taek answer his dad esp after airplane incident.

The mums, how to resist them. Pure pillar of strength to their families. I super ship them.

Wow! Everything you've said. Beauty! Beauty!

And all the ahjumma love in this series kicks butt! Have you seen the preview for the 16th? Lol, them partying like they haven't a care in the world (because they actually have a lot, and yet can pull off having some crazy fun in spite of it). Makes me burst into giggles. If conventional love stories aren't your thing, then I guess you could call this a love triangle too?

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

Sunwoo said to look in the eyes to know if the person likes you right?

What if TK does that tomorrow? I mean he will try to see where her feelings lie.

Any chance we could get Taek to watch Answer Me 1988? because every time they were together, DS's eyes lit up.

His question  is valid, "would she believe me?"

Just like he learned from Sunwoo to read the eyes, hopefully he'll follow SW's persistence. Their predicaments are similar. Their love interests have never considered them as such. But Sunwoo succeeded in  winning Bora's heart. I don't see why Taek could not.

• Like 4