Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

Guest gerimisore

Re-watching the trailer for the next episode got me worried. I'm just hoping Deoksun won't treat Taek like a kid (again) after all the awesome progress he made last episode. It'd be like back to square one. Judging from the way she talks to Taek on the preview... tell me I'm just being paranoid :(

I don't know if someone has already mentioned this but the Lee Moon-sae concert that Deoksun and Junghwan are going to attend to is on the same day as Taek's break (February 18, 1989). Is it a coincidence? Or there will be something going on later?

12390844_10205187353955398_4623008923791

12345404_10205187405196679_7423223410607

28 minutes ago, gerimisore said:

Re-watching the trailer for the next episode got me worried. I'm just hoping Deoksun won't treat Taek like a kid (again) after all the awesome progress he made last episode. It'd be like back to square one. Judging from the way she talks to Taek on the preview... tell me I'm just being paranoid :(

I don't know if someone has already mentioned this but the Lee Moon-sae concert that Deoksun and Junghwan are going to attend is on the same day as Taek's break (February 18, 1989). Is it a coincidence? Or there will be something going on later?

Wow, maybe Taek has some plans for DS on that day, he could invite her to LMS concert too but she refused to go with JH instead?

Whatever it is, I really hope Taek finds out DS-JH situation and moves on, that'd help her realize her true feelings. And also he wouldn't be Chilbonged :))

• Like 6

Guest gerimisore
18 minutes ago, lovelyrainy said:

Can anyone remember whose the concert in 1989 is that Duksun and husband argued about?

I believe they were arguing about the winner of MBC's 1988 Campus Music Festival.

Husband (H): Hey, but in '88, wasn't that when they did the singing contest? Was that at the gymnasium?

DS: And just who did you take to that? (Does it mean the husband wasn't present when Deoksun watched it?)

H: No... we went there with everyone else.

DS: I saw it on TV at home!

H: No. We went and saw it. Who won the award that year, again? Jeon Yoo Na's "That Thing Called Love?"

DS: That was in 1989! In 1988, it was Endless Orbit's "To That Person"!

H: Oh... Ah, no. It was Jeon Yoo Na.

DS: I told you, it was Endless Orbit!

And later on, in ep 7, we know that Deoksun is right since "To That Person" by Endless Orbit won MBC's 1988 Campus Music Festival. Unlike the chocolate argument in ep 2, it seems 2015 Deoksun is so sure about this concert. She knows for sure where she watched it and who the winner and what the title of the song is. And turn out she's right.

14 hours ago, gerimisore said:

I thought JH's gift is a glove and Taek's is a mitten? As far as I remember DS actually wanted a glove, so JH got her the right present. But DS still chose Taek's gift instead.

"Are eight episodes enough for the rise of a new relationship?"

Sadly, this is also my concern :((

Just wanna share my 2 cents of the pink angora gloves DS wanted for Christmas present...

Here's the thing. ..JH knew DS really like the pink gloves she saw on tv, mainly because she's swooning over it because of the romantic notions it presented in the drama. So he bought one exactly like the one in the drama as his Christmas gift to her. He gave it on the Christmas morning. DS was happy receiving her dream glove, though she's puzzled for a moment of why JH would give her the present, she just brush it aside & excitedly tried on the gloves..

Then we see 2 gift boxes inside her drawer, one a new pair of pink gloves we know from JH, another one a pair of pink mittens we know from Taek since its identical to the one he  bought for his dad. And after looking at both for a while she decided to wear the pink mittens & not the pink gloves she's admiring so much.

My bet she wasnt even thinking abt JH nor Taek, just which one she wud be most comfortable wearing & she choose the mittens. So I guess here it emphasised between the two guys who understand DS the most. Her needs, what she likes what she doesn't & what she's comfortable with & Taek choose the right one...while JH only bought the one he saw her swooning over for. Sometimes things looks good on others doesn't mean it looks good on us too.

Now back to Taek; when did he gave DS the pink mittens? I assumed not long after JH becos DS hadnt get the chance to wear JH's gloves yet when she got Taek's mittens. We know Taek didn't buy his dad's mittens in Seoul because he bought it in between his baduk games,  I think it was in Busan. 

Here's what I think... Taek actually bought 2 pairs of the pink identical mittens,  one for his dad's birthday present, the other one for DS's Christmas present.  He bought it for her not bcos they were playing the santa games &  he's her santa but because he wants to give her a gift. He's completely forgot about the santa games & didn't know he was her santa. But to go around looking for  the exact same mittens he bought for his dad from a different city wasn't easy,  thus I suspect he has already bought the same one for DS when he bought for his dad. It was just his guilt for forgetting the santa that made him ask her what she wants & since she wanted the pink gloves, he can promised her to get one exactly like his dad because he already has it    

• Like 17

My two cents of the pink gloves @lxands

when DS got the gloves from JH, she looks a little bit confused first, questioned why JH gave it to her, but then she seems not too care that much and feeling soo happy because she finally got the gloves.. But the next day, she choose the gloves from TK, no matter how happy she was before.. 

called me delusional, but maybe it is a clue, despite JH gives something that she wants (the gloves, his feelings) (she wants to have someone that likes her), and yes she's feeling soo happy to receive it (like now, her behavior towards JH) but then in the end she chooses something that she's truly likes.. So if TK declares his feelings also, maybe just maybe she will choose him based on the gloves theory.. Hehe

is it makes sense?

• Like 12

Guest gerimisore
9 hours ago, lxands said:

Here's what I think... Taek actually bought 2 pairs of the pink identical mittens,  one for his dad's birthday present, the other one for DS's Christmas present.  He bought it for her not bcos they were playing the santa games &  he's her santa but because he wants to give her a gift. He's completely forgot about the santa games & didn't know he was her santa. But to go around looking for  the exact same mittens he bought for his dad from a different city wasn't easy,  thus I suspect he has already bought the same one for DS when he bought for his dad. It was just his guilt for forgetting the santa that made him ask her what she wants & since she wanted the pink gloves, he can promised her to get one exactly like his dad because he already has it    

Aaaah.. it makes sense! So, that's why he's smiling so bright when Deoksun asked for a glove. And he also promised to buy her one EXACTLY like his dad's. I emphasize on the word "exactly" because I always thought his choice of word is unusual here. He could just say "Okay. I'll buy you one" but he also added "...the same one as my Dad's." So, that's why her mitten is perfectly identical with his dad's although Taek clearly bought the dad's mitten in Busan. Ah, if it's true, it makes his whole gesture even sweeter. She doesn't even need to ask him nor he doesn't even need to remember the secret santa game, he already bought her a present on his own accord. And on top of that, it's the one that she wanted and needed.

(I'm smiling soooooo wide while typing this)

2 minutes ago, minibunny said:

My two cents of the pink gloves @lxands

when DS got the gloves from JH, she looks a little bit confused first, questioned why JH gave it to her, but then she seems not too care that much and feeling soo happy because she finally got the gloves.. But the next day, she choose the gloves from TK, no matter how happy she was before.. 

called me delusional, but maybe it is a clue, despite JH gives something that she wants (the gloves, his feelings) (she wants to have someone that likes her), and yes she's feeling soo happy to receive it (like now, her behavior towards JH) but then in the end she chooses something that she's truly likes.. So if TK declares his feelings also, maybe just maybe she will choose him based on the gloves theory.. Hehe

hopefullly. remember the RING in reply1997? shiwon wore the one that...yoonjae gave. :D

• Like 6

Can they have an episode where we see the "missing events" between Deok Sun and Taek? Like the day that they met to watch a movie, show how DS got the gloves from TK and some others that I can't remember. I'm just curious, I feel like there are hidden moments between them during the past episodes. Like, the writers and director are planning something big. Or maybe I'm just hoping too much haha

• Like 14

17 minutes ago, azzhuragreen said:

Omg i have a bad feeling. I guess taeki will follow dk at lms concert regards on dialogue between jh-dk-dr in ep 11. The gift taeki want to give to dk maybe lms concert ticket.

I don't think so.. I think DS will go to the concert alone with JH. DS will meet TK for his game(I think. Isn't that what the Written preview says?)

• Like 2

Heya all, i'm a new DS-TK shipper (blame that adorable stair-scene in ep 12). Well i'm actually DR-DS shipper, but i see there's no chance for my ship to sail so i migrate to another ship hahaha.

I really wish DS can end up with TK coz i'm so sick with the typical bickering-couple that k-drama fans really love :vicx:

• Like 9

12 hours ago, Wendy Wang said:

“Though he has just started his acting career, I hope he keeps his good character for a long time and receive the love of many,” the writer added. “Just like Chil Bong was Kim Jae Joon in ‘Reply 1994’ in my heart, I believe Taek shall always be Deok Sun’s husband to me.”

... wow this just hit so hard:cry: we were doing fine a few posts back and then this.. writer/staff-nim was quite careless in sharing her thoughts... owell we went aboard the ship knowing that there is a possibility that our Taektanic will sink.. i just didn't think it'll be this soon..

anyway.. we still have a few more ep to watch so who knows PD-nim might come to his senses and make a better ending for Taek even if he isn't the hubby.!!

I find it cute and thoughtful how DR seems to be the closest to TK out of all the boys, he knows his scheds too. and his knowing look when TK came to eat with them after finishing up his baduk match..

question.. when did TK mention that he will give something to DS? did i miss something??

<3 this thread so much.. big hugs to everyone :wub:

• Like 2

@uzzie-zera On episode 12 :) (tbh I am paranoid while giving you the answers because maybe I remembered things wrong so sorry if I did haha)

Somebody correct me and tell us the moment when that was mentioned if ever, my internet connection is so bad today I can't watch vids (I wanted to check the preview to be sure but can't x< huhu)

Guest gerimisore

@lymsleia attatya Welcome aboard! ^^ Please, feel free to post here. The more, the merrier~!

@uzzie-zera @meguna I think it's on the written preview. They usually upload picture(s?) preview for the next episode with something written on it. And I think they did mention about Taek giving Deoksun a present (or something along the line). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

--

It's been pretty quiet here today. I hope we're not disheartened by the earlier "news". Cheer up, everybody! ^^ <3 We're in this together!