Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

tumblr_nzhmf4IQED1s0wwvho1_540.gif

but omg don't you guys love their height difference, it's so cute how hyeri is comparably smaller and shorter than bogummy. Look at him getting all chummy and nuzzling his head against hers!!

ugh god if they don't get together at least once in this drama, they have to get casted for lead roles for another drama and end up together there!!!

• Like 19

Wow, there's already 800+ posts for this thread and its only been a week :)) hopefully when we reach 1000 it will be about happy posts and we're all rejoicing for Taek and Deok Sun lol

I'm also envious of Hyeri, she received one of the best hugs in the world from one of the best guys ever! Wish I could get hugged by Bogummy like that, maybe one day.. I can dream, can't I? :)) and just how cute can he be?! That part when he pretended to be terrified of Hyeri "flashing" him was just so adorable, he's a 5'11 man curled up on the floor like a little girl. I want to hug him and take him home with me (maybe not 'cause my home's not presentable haha)

• Like 8

@Meliere

Hey, thanks for that lovely reply and the warm welcome. And I love how you managed to insert some lovely poetry into your post. It kinda made my day! 

…I am large…I contain multitudes…How apt to describe what is going on with Taekie’s character in this show. I feel as if no matter how much I think, reflect on Taekie, there’s always more to discover, more to speak of. Although I think this is especially true for other characters, characters who had initially appeared to only be in the margins, serving a prop-like purpose. JH’s appa slowly won me over, as did Bora and Jong Bong. They are all so weird and unusual, somethings they do are often quite despicable, and yet, here they are in front of me, endearing as ever, with promise that they will show sides to themselves that will make me love them even more. 

Guyyys! I love being here, although I have to tell myself to stop being so obsessed so as to not get enough sleep. I am quite tired today, but I still feel like there’s lots more I want to explore in this drama and share with you guys so I’ll get right on with it.

And @hafunohane it was wonderful reading your latest analysis, including the awesome taekshi GIFs. Still have tears in my eyes with all the laughing. I can’t wait to see Bogummie in an all out comedic role. 

I also wanted to discuss and perhaps compare the relationship between JH-DS and Taeksun a little more. Just consider this my thinking out loud. Been thinking to myself all day (yeah, when I should have instead been focused on working, eating and walking even). This comparison is in no way meant to insult the JH-DS relationship or put it down, my god, I find JH so sweet in both his attraction to DS and more so in the pure, unadulterated love he exhibits for his family. There’s definitely something to take note of in how JH is unabashedly fond of his idiosyncratic brother. And his way of showing love to his mother makes me gush. Clearly his shyness is not just limited to his interaction with a romantic interest. Even the love he feels for his mother, he displays in less than obvious ways. He isn’t one to directly express how he feels, but his subtle, indirect ways of showing love are quite powerful, more so than outright proclamations may have been. Think back to the moment he brings roasted chestnuts (is it?) for his mom to make her feel better about not knowing English. And then later when he rights her name in Hangul on her passport. I thought there was a similar parallel in the gestures he shows towards his mom and Dukseon because he does that from the time he protects her in the bus and then later with the trip to McDonald’s, and after that with the pink angora gluffs. It doesn’t look as if in either case he wishes his gestures to be congratulated or made a big deal of. Man, that big, gruffy macho exterior opens up to reveal a guy who is sensitive through and through. I find that amazing and endearing. But my love for JH is quite exclusive for him. He makes me squee for him more than for his pairing. And I have to, again and again, congratulate the creators for doing such a beautiful job with this show. Guys, I find myself so invested in the wellbeing for each and every character!

Now that the small squeefest over JH is over, I wanted to talk about how over the episodes, whether in his interactions with his family or friends or DS, JH appears to be a complete child. Do you guys remember that first or second episode scene where he tells SW that that bullying senior is a nice guy (or is it that he likes him?) because he doesn’t smoke? That’s how pure and primitive and black and white his sense of good and bad is. I thought it was extremely cute back then, but JH remains a mama’s boy, a doting younger brother, and in the intensity with which he meets his object of affection (refer to the scene where DS tells SW to propose on the day of the first snow - that expression of pure physical agony) goes to show how small the locus of his world really is. Same goes for DS. It seems like her two friends in school, her family and the neighbourhood clan make the entire world for her. And since it has been made clear how much being the invisible second child has wounded her self-esteem, it seems like there is nothing more precious for DS than to be seen as precious in somebody else’s eyes. That attention is an unfulfilled need and fulfilling that need becomes enough of a criteria for her to be romantically interested in a guy. No wonder she plays out the exact same antics while trying to woo both SW and JH. No wonder the exaggerated pain and anger she feels in knowing that SW likes BR, the star of her family whom everybody already dotes on. All she wants is to be the centre of somebody’s world. Kind of like what is happening in JH’s case.

Now I don’t know if that equates to love. It is a need and it is a dignified need and I respect that. Also, when I look back at myself as an 18 year old, I can understand how important a role physical attraction plays in shaping our attraction towards somebody else. I also understand how even the smallest of incidents, words or ideas can hold a meaning of formidable proportions. I can understand how one small gesture from the one you “love” can bring you to the highest highs and another tiny negligence can bring your whole world crashing down. In that sense, the JH-DS relationship is not as cliched as it is true to the adolescent world, the adolescent eye, the adolescent heart. This incredibly superficial, incredibly shallow way of loving did feel like it was the most sincere way of loving back then for me as well. It also felt like it was so deep that my heart would burst on most days. Thankfully I have the benefit of hindsight, a decade or so more experience in living and relating, to tell me how something that seemed so important can slowly fade in significance because that first love of 18 never really penetrated by being as deeply as I had imagined it did back then. So when I laugh at the crazy, over-the-top antics of both JH and DS, I’m laughing at my 18 year old self, and the world that I lived in back then, a lot of which was shaped by standards and expectations set up by friends (who were equally foolish like me) and movies and books and the media, with stereotypes galore. Look at the way JH does and says the exact opposite of what he wants or means, I find that such a cool-teenage-guy thing to do. And in the case of DS, at least, I am sure that the idea of being in love is more appealing than the real thing. In fact, the idea is so appealing that her actions appear contrived and ritualistic and a bit silly. I’m sure she adores JH, but she wants to love him more than she actually does.

Again, all very fine when you’re 18. But I feel like this kind of love is one that doesn’t really last. At least that has been my personal experience. Even the heartbreak or loss of that love isn’t that painful, because, as I said earlier, even with its piercing intensity, it doesn’t actually go that deep. And so, the natural progression for me is that, for the time being at least, the love between JH-DS is likely to fade, whether they do date or not immediately. And this is in no way an indication of how they may relate to each other a few years down the line when both of them have matured.

Now looking at Taekie as an individual, I love how the show sets him up to be the communal baby (someone who receives paternal/maternal levels of attention maybe even more than Jin Joo does). But that in itself has proven to be a red herring. He may not be able to “take care” of himself in some obvious ways, and yet the world that he lives in appears far larger, far wider and far deeper than the world of the rest of his friends. He is already financially independent and living the life of a professional, especially in a sport that is both high profile and competitive. While these things may at first appear to be nice, they come attached with a burden, and also an exposure to life outside the neighbourhood, to the world which can be cruel and calculating and cold and unfriendly. He faces more directly that world, rather than accessing exaggerated and often untrue versions of it on the television or other mediums. Perhaps because he doesn’t go to school like the others, I find that his mind is also not contaminated with the need to put up a facade. Already, the busy, busy person that he is, Taekie often has the look of a beleaguered soul, something who has seen so much of the world it makes him tired. And in more than one way, increasingly, the little baby boy that we were introduced to on the first day, appears more grown up than the rest.

I also find that he cannot be put into any stereotype because he isn’t engaging with these stereotypes like other kids are. His way of seeing the world and approaching other people in his life is closer to the other adults (many of you have mentioned how he is aware of and concerned about other’s wellbeing - Sung appa when his mom dies, JB when he’s admitted to the hospital). And somehow I also found him saying okay to Dukseon when she asks him for the gloves - it was such a casual kind of okay. It seemed like for her, she was asking so much in asking for that gift. But for him, I mean, he has so much more to offer really, and if that gift is what she wants then yeah, sure he’ll give it to her.

Taek’s entire way of perceiving and loving DS also veers away from stereotypes and of course, I love that. Unlike with JH who goes through an obvious change in his feelings for DS - at one point she is one of his friends and then suddenly, after a moment of awareness, she is now his love interest. For Taekie - and my god the depth this boy-man carries - there is no moment of illumination. DS is still the same DS and he doesn’t seem to have gone through any major shift in his consciousness to find that he loves her. He simply loves her like he always has. It is as natural to him as breathing. And so, and this is what had initially left me feeling confused, he doesn’t find a shift in his own behaviour. He continues to treat her the same way he always has. Being in love, loving DS cannot mean anything different from what has gone on so far for him. There is no inner conflict, there are no mind games. There is no coyness. 

And guys, guysguysguys, in the larger scheme of things, even looking back at my personal experience (having grown out of that first phase teenage love), I can tell you that that is the kind of love that endures. It is a love that is so deep it appears almost invisible. It is a love that is so obvious it almost escapes one’s attention. Of course, Taek in that regard too, is quite grown up and perceptive. He knows it is love. The kind he wants for the rest of his life. But guys, do you see why DS is so oblivious, so unaware, so romantically unattached to Taek? At this point, considering the 18 year old DS’s way of loving, I would consider it a disaster if she tried to love him consciously, lipstick coated, wearing short skirts in the snow, and smiling over her natural personality. For her sake, for his sake, I hope she continues to love Taek in the way that she can best, even if she does so without knowing it.

Now I don’t know which way the story will head. I am quite fine with things heading either way, as in DS ending up with either guy. For me, Taek is the one true love, but I have also noticed, in my own meandering experiences, that there is something quite beautiful in even the loss of someone you love deeply. It took me a while to realise that for me, in Reply 1997, the love triangle was not between the two brothers and SW but between SW, YYJ and the character played by Hoya. While I loved the relationship between the main leads, it was hard to miss the poetry and poignancy in the relationship between the two boys. Laced with heartbreak as it was, I also feel like the writers did a beautiful job of acknowledging how important both were for the other. Even if YYJ did not end up with Hoya, there was some form of acknowledgement of the worth Hoya had in his life, an acknowledgement of love, maybe not in the conventional sense, but a deep and real love all the same. I felt like Reply 1997 respected the very real possibility of even the deepest of loves remaining unrequited, and yet leaving both feeling more dignified for it.

So I don’t mind if Taek doesn’t end up with DS. I think their relationship is already too precious for the show to tamper with that and make it seem flawed or wronged just because they aren’t romantically coupled by the end. If it results in heartbreak for Taekie, then I am confident DS will be partaking in the heartbreak, feeling it on her behalf as much as his. Even if they part ways, I imagine that happening quite beautifully. I trust the writers to make it a deeply moving moment in the series. If this scene occurs, I trust it to be my favourite scene. Of course, I will be bawling my eyes out. Hope you guys will be ready to lend me some tissue then.

Either way, until then, let’s love this show together. So so so much to love. I hope to be back soon to read over what you guys have to say, and to share my own thoughts. So much more left, wanted to talk about other characters, other story lines too. 

And gah! Watching the new BTS warms me up from within, as if a big sun is glowing inside me. They make it look like being part of this show is so much fun. I want to plonk myself right between these people and call that life. Guys…I think my fangirling has hit a new high…

Much much love to you all.

Edited by mustardmaimai
  • Like 24

@mustardmaimai Your analysis is so beautifully written I can't even--

As a fellow twenty-something looking back at the teens, your post made me nostalgic and happy in the best way possible. I'm going to be disgustingly cheesy and quote Wordsworth: "Though nothing can bring back the hour of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower; We will grieve not, rather find strength in what remains behind; In the primal sympathy which having been must ever be; [...] In the faith that looks through death, In years that bring the philosophic mind."

Your "philosophic mind" when you analyze both JH and TK has a kind of insightfulness made luminous by experience-- and a generosity made gentle by retrospection. It's so lovely to read; I'm feeling a case of sniffles :')

"It is a love that is so deep it appears almost invisible. "

^^^ Someone hold me while I cry. 

--

Also, while in my heart I root for Taeksun, I'm completely with you in regards to Jung Hwan's family. Their interactions encapsulate all the worst and best parts of being a family, and they are a joy to watch on screen. I know in previous posts I've groused about JH or JH-DS being undeveloped. But I have not been fair. When it comes to his relationship with his family, JH is just as fleshed out as DS and TK. If DS marries JH, my biggest comfort is knowing that she'll be part of that wonderful family.

• Like 13

Thanks to you this week went by fast, huh? I can't believe  we have few hours to next episode :D 

This confession of mine about how I'm  getting greedier...gradually...

When I've started watching drama initially I just wanted Taek to be contender so we can see Taek's different sides, how would  he grow feelings for a girl, how much length he can go for her, how could he deal with pain of losing someone important to him...After ep6 I enjoyed  watching DS/Taek interaction more than I allowed  myself , so even though I just had a feeling that JH was going to be husband no matter how much I want happy ending for them I wished JH and DS wouldn't happen earlier so we could see more of Taek/DS. But after ep12 for some reason the more I think about it the more I believe Taek going to be husband o.o Everything   I've wished for come true but why am I like this?

This my last analysis before new episode  which will go deeper with our parallel scenes discovery 

You all know bus scenes is big part of JH/DS relationship,right? Could it be a metaphor? The ride/relationship can go on till a destination/deciding point so it's only matter of time till they can make that decision.  

As for Taek/DS it's trips(Beach,China..) so it's memories and memory remains . I don't think  even a change of heart would possibly wipe out all those bonding times, right?

I didn't  pay attention first time I've watched but in ep11 I think SY spent the night in Taek's room while he was there playing baduk all night. But with JH it last shorter till JH has awakened and she was just  sleep talking anyways I doubt she could remember it ^^

In conclusion I'm still okay with JH being husband because he is really nice guy and I believe he can make DS happy once he matured enough. But I can't help loving how well written Taek/DS development is :D 

• Like 9

@mustardmaimai

ahhh now that you mention Taek & DS relationship do remind me a lot of the kind of relationship between YJ&Joon Hee in 97..it extremely beautiful friendship but at same time sad unrequited one-sided love and YJ obviously care so much of him as well..

i remember reading somewhere the pd fave character is Joon Hee and that character is special..

somehow i have feeling the way writer write and develop Taek with care and detail feel like Taek is very special too..

would not be surprised if his ending turn out more like JH than so called CB2.0 lol

but no matter how they gonna end that husband hunt i just want them to continue do justice to Taek character since they have write him beautifully since beginning until now so i hope he get as amazing ending as he deserve..

seriously no matter what DS really feel for Taek no one can doubt how special and genuinely she care and love him maybe not romantic love but it definitely love and he is as special to her like she is special for him..

their bond is very beautiful and won't be easy to break no matter what happen in future..

and yeah Taek definitely have seen the world and experience the adult live faster than everyone else he is in no way as innocent as everyone think there just so many layer with that man but at same time he can be innocent and clueless in simple normal daily knowledge like buttoning shirt, cord and so on since he have so many willing to spoiled his need lol

when he is back to his neighborhood&friends he just need to be himself and not the Master Choi that everyone worship so warmth of DS and everyone else is important for him <3 

instead of just devoting myself to that husband games i just continue to cherish every moment of Taek and DS given by the writer and be happy of all the super cute shippable Bogum&Hyeri bts XD

im happy to read everyone opinion too since im not that sharp or imaginative to read between the line or see whatever clues the writer decide to troll so i just read others thought

though there something that kinda feel weird myself.in both previously reply im totally on board of YJ/SW and NJ/Trash ship from the very beginning before all the ship war happen (though i have soft spot for Taewoong oppa which i don't understand why some hate him) 

well i ship them not because im super sure they are husband but because the amazing chemistry they create both on-screen and off screen and i just get lucky they end up the real husband ship lol so no heartbreak for me..

but this time as much as feel that JH is the husband from beginning but my guts and instinct told me to pick Taek&DS and a part of me even sure he would create miracle as husband but at same time i remind myself not to put much hope since with prev season the writer seem to love their winning formula and predictable kind of romance so it could still be JH..

but i dunno why as much as i like JH as a character but i just feel the romance aspect between him and DS just sloppily and badly written that i just can't feel for that ship even i know JH is great person..

im more looking forward to see his scene with his hyung and family and see what more sweet thing he will do for them next in his own way than what he would do for DS... compare to Taek/DS they just have this chemistry and story that im really curious and interested what gonna happen next and what more laugh and magic they gonna give me even with their limited screentime but they manage to lure me to their side..well let just see what in store for this precious pair...maybe i just love the way Taek treat DS as someone super precious and the kind of love she always want to have but don't realize it already and always available..

please writer nim show us Taek pov from the beginning he meet DS and the gang

• Like 13

@onlysb1

*IF* all the water symbolism (lol, remember the fish guys? And 'Taek' 沢 has a radical for "water" built into the hanja) is intentional on the part of the PD/writer, then we've got a nice message here: water changes form over time and over seasons, but it is without beginning and end, and is thus eternal. 

The following comes from the delulu side of my fangirl brain:

tumblr_nz2sy8stsR1rwtdpoo1_500.jpg

Closeup of "The Picture". I'm pretty sure the production team just used a random picture as a stand in to avoid giving clues ... but to my eyes, doesn't the grayish/white color palette look interesting? We KNOW that the event has to have happened Jan. 1989. IF the picture isn't a random stand-in, we know it's not either of the on screen "official" JH/DS TK/DS pictures; both have strong color backgrounds (one deep blue, one bright red).  

LOL but you know what else happened Jan. 1989? The beach scene, chingus! 

beach.jpg

Isn't the color scheme pretty close to that picture Lee Mi Yeon is holding? LOL I'm kicking myself here, because they didn't have a camera with them, and there's no indication how a picture could have been taken. 

:sweatingbullets:

• Like 13

@Meliere

so i wasnt going to mention that possibility because i love the idea too much T.T ( TOO MUCH!) but you went and said it and now i have to come out to say that i totally agree

its almost the last day of January (28?) so its almost over the time of the photo, so I thought it was interesting why DR birthday wasnt you know February...why such a late date

then I had another thought...remember in ep 1 older DS asked how she meet her husband ...then the next episode we go the intro of Tk and the older husband...everyone was so focused on her chocolate for SW that I feel that point was missed

then remember in ep 6 we have the older couple argue about the concert and sure enough ep 7 gives us the answer of the winner and who watched it at JH's homes....

then ep 9 older ds says that must have been when he feel in love ect and older husband said it was january

ep 10...the scene that made i think many fall in love with them....and it ended with TK confessing his feelings

------

DS is carrying a bag that could fit a camera?? idk if they knew they were going to the beach someone might have packed a camera just like how in real life they did, its natural thing to do?

• Like 9

I'm just gonna borrow @salz words here..," instead of devoting myself to that husband game,I just  want to continue to cherish every moment of Taek and DS given by the writer and be happy of all the super cute shippable bogum and hyeri bts". These are true words my friend. I think most of us here feel the same way. Just the thought of thinking about the husband hunt gives us a certain feel and that's why we just want to go with the flow and enjoy every bit we are given. Lol. 

This is one of my favourite quotes from Bill Wilson and it says," To the world,you may be one person. But to one person,you may be the world". 

That quote applies to TK & DS in a way. Taek, is a baduk champion. He's cherished by the country also. When he gets back home, just seeing DS's face(and friends) cheers him up. 

In our lives,we also are special to certain people and all we have to do is cherish those precious moments we spend with our loved ones.

• Like 8

@Meliere.  lol...you too? I remember 'fish' symbolism I've  wondered about  it while watching raw but couldn't came up with any idea.

But since you generalized as 'water' here is another clue do you remember snowman?

image.png

As if we have some kind of telepathy here ^^ We  describe it very differently but we all see same dept that we love ^^ I'm jealous of you guys you can write so beautifully, I'm feeling  lucky to have you , your long posts  holds mirror to my emotions. Sometimes I think  we all kinda are older that's why we are attracted to Taek/Ds more lol I'm 23 years old though ^^

• Like 12

@onlysb1 yeah i think most of us here cares about the depth and the meaning of relationships, beyond physical attractions, till the extent that we pay attention to the characters' emotions and subtle facial expressions. Many posts here are so beautifully written that they speak to our heart (i assume many of us think so) and I dont think many people in their teens can think about those aspects of relationships. Haha it's very interesting when the series attract audience of many types :D

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, Phuong Tam Nguyen said:

@onlysb1 yeah i think most of us here cares about the depth and the meaning of relationships, beyond physical attractions, till the extent that we pay attention to the characters' emotions and subtle facial expressions. Many posts here are so beautifully written that they speak to our heart (i assume many of us think so) and I dont think many people in their teens can think about those aspects of relationships. Haha it's very interesting when the series attract audience of many types :D

Considering that this is a family drama that attracts a wide range of audience, not only teens, it may be possible that they wanted to convey a different kind of love that wasn't born out of physical attraction? But like @mustardmaimai have mentioned, a love that would last a lifetime, a type of love many people past their adultescent would eventually experience?

Also I was thinking while reading everyone's post, many of us have the same opinion about the budding relationship between JH and DS just doesn't seem convincing enough and that there was a depth to their feeling. What if it was intentional by the PD to show us? The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that there is no way that detail-freak/troll PD would make their 'main' in such an unsatisfied, undeveloped state. 

And I know that there is a high possibility that they would stick to their original, predictable formula, but would they spend that much time developing TK's feeling for DS (and show us those beautiful adorable scene, NOT TO MENTIONED THOSE BTS????), just for it to become an unrequited love? And I've agreed with one of you's statement (I'm so sorry I couldn't find who posted it T_T ) about how TK may have a fate of Joon Hee rather than CB. In '97, I don't think they've dived into his feeling for YJ as much as they did for TK. Joon Hee's feeling for YJ did last even after they graduated HS, but other than that, they didn't show us as much as what they've been doing for TK ('88 is just barely halfway through the series). 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way guys, I just wanna say THIS THREAD MAKES MY DAY. I don't know how I would spend my day (now that I'm on holiday break with so much free time) while waiting for the new episodes without this thread. With all of you's analysis and opinions (even the posts about how much they love/appreciate this thread makes me feel like I'm not alone feeling this way lol.), I've come to understand the drama, see SunTaek's relationship, and our TK's character in such a way I would not have seen while watching the drama alone. Y'all have such a profound, deep insight on things and the way of writing that makes me feel some type of way while reading you guys' posts. So for that, THANK YOU EVERYONE. GROUP HUGS. 

• Like 9

@hafunohane  @Meliere  I've searched water symbolism and I think it's more fitting for  Taek's character not for relationship  with DS

Often, the type of water in a story or novel is just as important as the fact that water is used as a symbol. Rivers often represent the flow of life or fertility. Rivers are typically used as symbols by authors because rivers flow; they are constantly moving and they follow a distinct path.

Oceans, on the other hand, because of their scope in relation to the earth, often represent obstacles or abysses from which things emerge or that characters must journey across to reach a destination. Oceans are often symbolically mysterious places that can symbolize overcoming a great obstacle or being dragged down into deep depths by it.

Water generally cleanses, however, and it inevitably becomes a symbol of characters in stories handling difficult life scenarios. In any case, water is a symbol of power in stories. It has the ability to free characters as well as claim them.

http://www.symbolism.org/index.html

The Element of Water is incredibly pliable. It comes in fresh or salt varieties, as snowflakes and rain, as ice or living oceans. All these variations give Water a rather unpredictable character. On a physical level the Water Element correlates to our circulatory system.

Spiritually speaking the Element of Water symbolizes our emotions that ebb and flow. Water teaches us control over that cycle as well as reminding us that change is inevitable. When an idea forms, Water initiates action. It liberates our steps while never being far from the heartbeat of the world, or each living thing. The most obvious Color associations for Water are Blue and Green

Like the ocean, astrologically speaking, water symbolizes layers and undercurrents. If you don’t look closely, you’re likely to miss important matters about these people. This spirit also has a propensity to naturally see what others overlook completely, which makes some people uncomfortable. Be prepared for unanticipated, startling observations.

http://www.buildingbeautifulsouls.com

Then we have Sun/Light symbolism for Deok Sun/Soo Yeon though  I am not good collector for that. But I can say this much just like you can see light reflection on snowman and sunlight's reflection on sea you can think of how Taek similes to Deok Sun bright/brighter/brightest (inserts gifs for all Taek's similes) lol

I don't know if writer intended to do this kind of thing but  if Taektanic ever sinks I think I can share this last line of The Great Gatsby with you Chingudeul 

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

• Like 11

@hafunohane

I really loved how you have eyes for all the intricate details..like that though the drama captures real heartwarming stories of family and the children,love,death,memory,ceremonies,or shortcomings of life,money or lack of talent,still they had to show the incapable love lines of jh and ds,that is how they in the most cliched way like each other.Then again you brought back the part when ds mom had to forsake the pretty umbrella,which in the most subtle way showed how even if we want the most prettiest things,we maybe are the best fit for the defectable ordinary but layered ones.

To add with that as @mustardmaimai said above that jh and ds's story seems a bit ritualistic and forced at parts,and that also ring bells here.On episode 11 we see deok sun happy to be on the same periphery of jh,and trying to always sit a bit more close to him,to have his attention,or trying to act cute by making a specific facial expression or trying to stay side by side to him just after the eating out family tour.It's all the sweet but silly things we do at the teen,and sometimes all it takes is just for someone to look sweetly at you [case here ds's friend and jung bong].Anyway what I am trying to say here is that,all of deok sun's action and way with jh seems to me that it's more on the cover not on the pages inside,and it's more the superficial acts we do when we're first familiar with the experience of love/falling for someone.Though I do want to say how I would also like to see taek rounding up as a happy person,not the second chilbong,but I actually want a miracle,that the writer finishes up taek's arc with the way he started it,somehow I thought the writer took taek's character inspiration from misaeng and like the way everyone underestimated jang geu rae as someone who can't deliver or communicate well,here taek is also seen as the one who has the most poor social skills.But in the end we see how he's the most matured of them all..contrast to jh,as taek has had to live with his father from early age,someone who had to tackle the hard mental game of baduk,with nights after night of practicing and memorizing,and someone who has actually seen the outside world.I keep going back to the episode at china,where taek seemed a totally different person than the meek one he is portrayed as around his friends.So taek seemed to me the  more matured one compared to jh,considering he can feel empathy to friend's father who lost his mom,or worry about another friend's mother,because he knows where they come from.And in this aspect,I feel he has got the maturity of trash here,whether it's really the case or not.In any case,I just want more lol,maybe because I;m too greedy to see taek as more than a main character of the lot,and to see the possibility of what could happen,if he could get out of this by winning lol.

So while deok sun is right now feeling giddy at the charm of jh,and basking in the charm of first dates and concert out,maybe all she needs is the comfort of a dull life just like her parents.But seems like there is still a long way to go or maybe that is not where the road ends at all =/.

• Like 12

This gif goes for my admiration of all great insights here and for the writer if he/she purposely crafted this depths just for us to sink in lol

82APy7.gif

And I keep seeing beautiful  fan arts on Instagram but since I wasn't sure to whose I'ld give credits I couldn't share them

https://www.instagram.com/qkd1782/

I hope this one belongs to its owner ^^

• Like 6