Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

10 minutes ago, chrissa31 said:

“Reply 1988” Staff Praises Park Bo Gum’s Good Personality

Park Bo Gum is one of the hottest actors these days due to his role in “Reply 1988,” and with his soaring popularity, his good character is also receiving attention as well.

In a post of that seems to have been written by a staff member of “Reply 1988,” the writer compliments Park Bo Gum. Though the writer is 14 years older than the actor, he/she said, “Park Bo Gum respectfully bows to the other person until he is noticed.”

The writer also shared a personal experience with the actor on the set of “Reply 1988.”

According to the writer, though the original plan was to film inside then move outdoors afterwards, adjustments had to be made because of forecasts of rain. The staff members had laid out Park Bo Gum’s outfit in his room accordingly.

When the outdoors filming was reaching an end, Park Bo Gum ran into the wardrobe room and brightly announced, “They have canceled filming because it is raining too much.”

To the writer’s surprise, Park Bo Gum had also collected the outfit in his room and ran with it in his arms so that it wouldn’t get wet in the rain.

“Bo Gum is Taek. Bo Gum is love. His parents must be so proud of him,” the writer said.

“Though he has just started his acting career, I hope he keeps his good character for a long time and receive the love of many,” the writer added. “Just like Chil Bong was Kim Jae Joon in ‘Reply 1994’ in my heart, I believe Taek shall always be Deok Sun’s husband to me.”

wait...did the writer just confirm that taek is chilbong 2.0...?

• Like 3

Who is Kim Jae Joon? Oh. I just realized it means Taek is Chilbongjie. I am kinda sad. Oh well, that means in her heart then the writer thought he was seon husband. 

but in my heart i am all then why did you have to let the cat out the bag so early. i still have like 16 ep to go.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, giao_nguyen said:

LOL oh wow, In her heart? so why is she doing something against her feelings? LOL man this has ended way too soon. What am I gonna do?? Probably try to feel the chemistry between JH/DS? Probably try to understand why they like each other LOL m1515.gif

man, this writer was mad careless lol lemme want to watch this drama until ep 16 >_>

• Like 1

Oh no. Don't they dare make Taek Chilbong 2.0. But i have faith in the writer that she wont carbon copy Chilbong onto Taek. It would totally be lazy writing if she were to do the same thing. So even if Taek does not get the girl, i wish for his character to not be so miserably written like Chilbong. I want him to be an awesome and strong character on his own. And hopefully the writer wont slot in a last minute Deoksun Version 2 just so he could be paired up with someone and that someone happens to be eerily similar to Deoksun and make it really vague whether that person is currently in his life or not. Just no thanks. That happened to Chilbong. And i dont want to see that kind of crappy half-hearted ending ever again. Hahaha. Please writer-nim. All I'm asking is for a good satisfying ending for Taek. This is her chance to create a legendary second lead character who will go down in kdrama history to be most unique and most loved one ever. Make him the most badass second lead ever and not the most pitiful. Because the title of the most pitiful second lead has been claimed by plenty already and it is so overdone in the kdrama world. Hope she makes a good full use of this chance. 

That aside, i honestly can't wait for Bogum's next project after this one. I've been following him since Naeil Cantabile. But i love his character Min in I Remember You the best! Taek comes a close second. He is one promising young actor and i can't wait to see how his career will blossom after this. Can't believe I'm a noona by 1 year. Lol. He somehow gives off these oppa vibes in real life. Haha

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, nicola_nikka said:

32 minutes ago, chrissa31 said:

“Though he has just started his acting career, I hope he keeps his good character for a long time and receive the love of many,” the writer added. “Just like Chil Bong was Kim Jae Joon in ‘Reply 1994’ in my heart, I believe Taek shall always be Deok Sun’s husband to me.”

Guys, I am not trying to fool myself here ( or am I) but I think *the writer* here is the owner of this post, not the writer of the show.

about her last sentence, it could be "no matter what their intention is, Taek is always husband to me". She may not know about the ending yet, just that she likes Bogum so much she says that sentence.

if it's indeed not Taek, well, I'll just be like her, Taek is always the husband in my heart. Or he'll be Irene's husband lol I ship them (sorry)

21 minutes ago, nicola_nikka said:

I quited you by mistake, I'm on phone and cannot delete it :(

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lovelyrainy said:

Guys, I am not trying to fool myself here ( or am I) but I think *the writer* here is the owner of this post, not the writer of the show.

about her last sentence, it could be "no matter what their intention is, Taek is always husband to me". She may not know about the ending yet, just that she likes Bogum so much she says that sentence.

if it's indeed not Taek, well, I'll just be like her, Taek is always the husband in my heart. Or he'll be Irene's husband lol I ship them (sorry)

I quited you by mistake, I'm on phone and cannot delete it :(

God bless you chingu, let it be so.

• Like 1

I think that was a staff member, who unless they filmed way in ahead wouldn't know the answer to the husband?

honestly with the amount of people on set i doubt other then a select few know the answer because it would be so easy to leak otherwise?

------

found the article http://www.insight.co.kr/newsRead.php?ArtNo=43339 

im just gonna go listen to Celine dion 

• Like 4

@Wendy Wang If I may join your analysis 

Like you mention that some people may think TK is unimportant that he's only an obstacle for DS-JH, If it's true then, TK as characters should be undeveloped like typical 2nd lead in k-drama.. The writer and pd can just focus on developing JH as the lead but it's the opposite.. Yes, JH character has developed too, he become softer to DS just like future hubby and like some people saying, he's becoming human but if we compare this few last episodes, imo, we can see more clearly how TK from shy+weak kid from the flashback to mature-bad guy-strong guy.. He might be has a small portion of screentime but his character has developed more than any other characters..

Anyway, we can say that both of them are important for DS characters development, because she has to realize which one she truly likes, not because a guy like her so she needs to like him back or because someone told her..

Imo, the idea of DS overprotective towards TK is quite important because only a fool cannot see how smitten TK towards DS and her bff definitely can see it..then why the writer hides TK's feeling towards DS?because it will be a turning point for their relationship

like you said, the kids flashbacks in R88, both of them, involved TK, despite there are other characters but always include TK.. It means TK is a quite important characters in R88.. 

And maybe I'm bias but TK-DS scene is more beautiful, more detail and more emotional compare to JH-DS scene.. The beach scene, china scene, toilet scene, and TK leans on DS shoulder.. Because of those scenes, I am satisfied even in the end TK is not the husband..

• Like 10

26 minutes ago, syaiira said:

Oh no. Don't they dare make Taek Chilbong 2.0. ... And i dont want to see that kind of crappy half-hearted ending ever again. Hahaha. Please writer-nim. All I'm asking is for a good satisfying ending for Taek. Don't make him pine over a lost opportunity. This is her chance to create a legendary second lead character who will go down in kdrama history to be most unique and most loved one ever. Hope she makes a good full use of this chance. 

This. There's so much potential and buildup that I'll be more upset by a poorly written ending than by the endgame result.

33 minutes ago, giao_nguyen said:

LOL oh wow, In her heart? so why is she doing something against her feelings? LOL man this has ended way too soon. What am I gonna do?? Probably try to feel the chemistry between JH/DS? Probably try to understand why they like each other LOL m1515.gif

Haha. While JH and DS do have their moments, I wonder how much of their overwhelming popularity has to do with viewers being scarred by Chilbong's miserable ending and hoping to avoid a second heartbreak?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, hafunohane said:

STAFF MEMBER, NOT THE DRAMA WRITER PEOPLE :)

Screen_Shot_2015_12_15_at_5_27_33_PM.png

But seriously though,...

tumblr_nterj5NLoE1tq3avqo1_400.gif

OH THANK YOU. THAT ALMOST GIVES ME A HEART ATTAEK.

This ship has been sailing so well....to suddenly encounter an iceberg...I wasn't readyyyyy T___T But we've avoided it, chingus!! 

And i just wanna say I love your GIF lol. That sums up our situation so well lol. 

• Like 3

Hello,

May I join here although I’m not a Taek-Sun shipper? Looking at the moode here, I’m feeling more confident to post my impressions here than in the main thread. However, I only want to post here because I like very much Taek’s character: if I could have a wish granted, I would like very much to watch a movie/or drama based on Taek’s character (maybe what I wish in fact is to see on screen the baduk’s player story, because if Taek is based on his life/persona he must be such an amazing character to be depict in a movie/drama!!!).

Back to the ship thing, as I said, in principle, I’m not shipping DS with Tk nor with JH. In regards to the love lines, I’m most interested in SW-BR dynamics and SW’mom and Taek’s dad romance. The truth is: I’m not interested in the main OTP, because I think JH is the end game and, imo, their love line is the weakest point in the whole AM88 ensemble! Maybe it’s just me but the whole JH falling in love and backing off, and DS crush is so uninteresting in a narrative point of view that I’m afraid to post in the main thread lol. So, I thought I would be better received here. :)

IMO, if the falling in love way of JH and DS crush is kind of normal in real life at that age, on the other hand, I don’t think that work in a drama, unless the writer is able to depict it in a very interesting, tense and surprising way. But, to me, this isn’t working here: the whole JH-DS arc feels bland, flat to me. As many said already, I can’t feel/see the depth of their love. And I say it even if I’m convinced that JH is the main lead. I don’t know if this is a question of weak chemistry or weak writing or weak acting or bad direction, but I really can’t relate to DS crush or to JH’s dilemma (however, I can feel that he is in love): I know JH is friends with Taek, but God, to me it’s unbelievable that he just didn’t say anything to DS in spite the fact that she is almost throwing herself on him lol. If he wasn’t sure about DS, I could understand him backing off in his pursuit, but if everybody is right and JH is an observant and perceptive guy, he could be sure now that DS is crushing on him lol. My conclusion is that JH’s noble idiocy (and I think in this case I really agree it is an idiocy) was introduced here only as a plot drive to create a tension that has no need to exist, and just feels like a filler. Therefore, to me the effect is really poor and shows only how the love line between DS-JH is poorly written and not interesting. (Maybe because it is so but so much cliché!?). (I’m not bashing JH, I think he is really an endearing guy, what I’m saying is only that to me his love line arc is poorly written, that’s all, and it doesn’t help that most of his time on screen is related to his love story).

And I think this is why Taek shines in comparison with JH. Although his screen time is so little in comparison with JH’s screen time, it doesn’t feel that way. To me, it feels as they were even!

Maybe, what I will say next will make some of you “hate” me lol, but the fact is that I was one of those few who thought CB (AM94) was in a way an annoying character lol, because he was too single layered to me. And this is the reason why I think Taek has nothing to do with CB (save genius status – though I think Taek’s genius status is higher than that of CB): I really love his character.

To be truth (and imo) CB’s dynamic was obviously that of a second lead, and only the trolling clues could had prolonged the hopes of CB shippers (btw, though I never thought CB was the husband, I agree that his character was sacrified and mistreat for the sake of the game: I, too,  was frustrated with his development, and would like to see more about his love story). To me, the big difference between the two is the fact that, for CB, if NJ was with him in the same frame everything else faded and he had only eyes for her. The whole CB arc revolves around his love for NJ, the rest related to him was only poor hints about friends and family. So, as most second kdrama leads, CB “lived” only through his love for NJ: in a narrative point of view this was his function in the drama (which I agree is really cruel!).

However, contrary to that, Taek’s life, character and development don’t moves because DS is there. On the contrary, he likes her, it is true, but I feel like Taek’s own life and reason to be there in the drama can survive very well without DS! Taek can even ignore DS when it is necessary (totally not CB lol), which is very wealth imo. Another point that makes difference between then: every “date” between CB and NJ happened because CB was very active; but for Taek, aside the movie, every “date” between him and DS happened, in a way, without him making any effort: China, beach, many times in his room, restaurant event, etc. So to me, the more I watch Taek’s character, the less I feel him like CB, therefore like a hopeless second lead.

About DS’s crush on JH. Yeah, I agree with people who say she starts liking him because her friends, and now I think it will be almost impossible that the writers will change this course. However, what I feel weird is that DS never remembers anything meaningful that JH did for her, aside the “don’t go” which is confirmation that “he likes me”. But every other JH’s action and present she just forgot about it. Maybe it isn’t important to be pointed in the narrative, but the absence of remembering “sweet memories” doesn’t help to build up the feeling in me that her feelings are deep or based in strong/meaningful reasons. This is why I think it is poorly written, ‘cause I think their pair is the OTP, but their love line arc is … yeah…

Finally, although I’m not shipping DS with none of them, I agree with you here that maybe even if their screen time isn’t that much DS-TK relationship appears more deep and meaningful to me. It would make a refreshing story if TK would turn out to be the husband, but I don’t believe this will happen.

I’m sorry, I wrote too much, but I just had this urge to write it. Sorry again. And I hope my thoughts doesn’t bother you guys. ;)

• Like 17

26 minutes ago, minibunny said:

TK as characters should be undeveloped like typical 2nd lead in k-drama.. The writer and pd can just focus on developing JH as the lead but it's the opposite.. Yes, JH character has developed too, he become softer to DS just like future hubby and like some people saying, he's becoming human but if we compare this few last episodes, imo, we can see more clearly how TK from shy+weak kid from the flashback to mature-bad guy-strong guy.. He might be has a small portion of screentime but his character has developed more than any other characters..

I feel that this is the problem with the Answer Me series unfortunately. Much like the previous 1994 one, Chilbong character was the most developed. He has a more interesting arc as compared to Trash who is mostly on the sidelines of the love triangle game. I'm starting to see the pattern here and I'm honestly scared. hahaha. Seeing as how there are spoilers about upcoming Taek and Deoksun scenes and looking at the amount of Taek scenes from the preview, while I'm excited about more character development for him, but at the same time I'm scared that they are delving into his character for the sole purpose of crushing his character at the end. It is my biggest fear of all. I hope I'm wrong tho. Please tell me I'm wrong? hahaha. Tell me that this sudden major development of his character is a way to make him into an awesome character and far from being Chilbong-ed? 

• Like 1