Quantcast

So...the real question here is not about who's going to be chilbong 2.0 BUT..

will deoksun be najung 2.0?

she is crushing on JH now, TK hasn't confess yet. As @syaiira said we still don't know if she'd be swayed or not because if she will fall in love deeply with JH, it'll be just another 1994 story. :D

• Like 6

@mangachickava @miri13 ahh yes yes. I do recall him being a lawyer/judge.

Okay so here is something interesting I found out. Though we don't know for sure what Junghwan is gonna be later on but still lets just disregard Junghwan for a moment. lol. Spot the similarity.

Yoon Jae - 변호사 / 판사 (Byeon-ho-sa/ Pan-sa)

Sseureki - 의사 (Eui-sa)

Taek - 바둑기사 (Ba-duk-ki-sa)

Notice how they all end with a 사(Sa)? I just find that really interesting. Maybe it's just a coincidence but maybe there might be a huge significance with the 사 as there is definitely a pattern here. But I'm not sure what. haha

• Like 7

The developed or undeveloped topic always scares me actually, because I feel like it depends on what ship we are in that we think our Taek or JH is more developed.

Out of the 4 male families, anyone can see that they focus on JH's family a lot, even if it's not for the romantic purpose but still, it gives me the feel that they want to make him closer to audiences.

As for characteristic, of couse Taek is the one leading here, no role in this installment has so many layers and changes like him, when I look at him in ep 12, I cannot see Taek from ep 1, he's grown a lot.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mangachickava said:

@syaiira I think that is something added to all occupations?

like nurse, engineer, would have it as well 

Not necessarily. There are plenty of occupations that doesn't end with 사 at all. Such as actress/actor, entertainer, singer, athlete, teacher, police or reporter etc to name a few.

Which is why I feel like they might have chosen certain careers with a similar post-fix on purpose. But it might just be a coincidence. Who knows...

• Like 4

The reason I know JH is the husband is because we open the love story in his POV. Just like how it was with YJ and NJ. But the reason I am firmly in TK-DS ship are:

1. TK is handsome.

2. When TK got his milk and DS told him to grow up soon to marry her. Right now we are seeing TK growing up and be a lovable contender to DS heart. 

3. I like the awkward, introvert, genius to get the girl. 

4. She treats him like a child but lately I am seeing some change to that dynamics. We will probably finally see DS see TK as a man and not a child. At the moment that is all I am asking. 

5. I want to see when TK started to like DS as a woman. It's like how I wanted to know if Trash likes NJ and when. Or how excited I was to see YJ's flashback to the time he saw his childhood best friend as a woman. 

• Like 4

Guest gerimisore

@syaiira interesting. What is the Korean word for photographer? Since some people predict that Junghwan has a possibility of becoming a photographer in the future. Is it 사진 작가?

@gerimisore Yup. I believe photographer in Korean is either 사진작가 or 사진기자. 사진작가 is more for the arts photography and 사진기자 for news photography.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, miri13 said:

I initially found the staff post disheartening but now I wonder.  

First, why does the original say it was posted on Park Bo Gum's twitter?

http://www.insight.co.kr/newsRead.php?ArtNo=43339

Isn't that just odd?  I am pretty sure even if the characters know, they are not allowed to talk about it.  In fact, I think they lie during interviews to make sure the public doesn't know.  

So I went to his twitter account, if the following is it, and can't find such a post.  But I don't normally use twitter so that may be the problem.

https://twitter.com/BOGUMMY

Second, the staff person has to be someone in the costume department, right?  Why would PBG bring clothes otherwise?  But then, unless the crew already shot the scene where Taek of the future is revealed and he is not husband, and thus the costume department had to have the clothes ready, there will be no way the costume department would know for real.  But then, Korean filming works differently where I think sometimes the costumes are provided by the actor (or it used to be), and unlike the scenes in the past where the clothes have to fit the period, does it matter for the present-day Taek's attire?

Maybe I am reaching for straws, but I now wonder what the heck is going on with that post. 

I doubt its a post on Twitter, the number of characters in the comment exceeds Twitter's character count limit. I think it looks more like an Instagram posting, but I did a search on Instagram for #보검이 (which was in the screencap) and couldn't find the post.

I suspect the staff's post could have been deleted because it is rather damaging, whether the staff's own speculation is true or not. In any case, I think I am mentally prepared for Taek to not be the husband... But as @Meliere puts it, YOLO I REGRET NOTHING!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, miri13 said:

I watched the first half of AM1994 and all of 1997.  I do think Taek is a very different character than almost everyone before.  I haven't quite thought it through and know all the implications but these are my thoughts:

1.  Taek is central to all things literally.  His room is always being used as the headquarters.  Even before Taek showed up on the screen, he was present through that room.  It does not matter whether he is there or not, his friends use his room for all things.  Like all good HQ, it is their refuge.  It seems also potentially metaphorical that his father owns the jewelry store.  In essence, Taek is the jewel of the block; the person without which the block has no particular trait.

2.  More and more this show seems like recollections and memories as it relates to one person in particular.  Taek.  The stories seems to ebb and flow with him.  The flashbacks to childhood focus on Taek.  Their existence as the five musketeers start when Taek moved to their neighborhood.  How come nothing of the four pre-Taek?  Why are so many of their conversations without Taek being present still mention what Taek is doing or where he is (or not in the neighborhood).  Even the parents discussions, where they clearly known all the ups and downs of each other, seem to start from when Taek's family moved into their block.  Even if Taek is not around, whole episode has been devoted to whether Taek is winning or not.

3. I don't know if this is separate point or part of 2 but Taek seems to be the great observer in the story.  He knows the parents' birthdays.  He knew DS's dad lost his mom.  He knew to ask about JH's mom while JB was going to surgery.  Both instances show where Taek was not needed, and others like SW or DR or even JH were not tied into the story, yet Taek was.  Taek notices what the gang is doing, whether it be their field trips or whatnot.  It is as if Taek is the great observer who participated in their life early, apart from it and watched them grow, and then come back more into their lives. 

4. I don't know if this is a separate point from 2 again, but with the interview in the future, doesn't it seem like the central arch that connects the stories is that this is an interview recalling a special moment or series of moments in time for a character?  In the present, Taek and the gang would be 45 years old.  Wouldn't he retire from baduk?  I think other famous players retired around then due to up and coming players winning.  Or it is a good retrospective of the career.  

5. He is not the typical second lead or character who is one-dimensional to serve some plot line.  I have no idea why the writers are giving us more information and different sides to Taek.  At some point, SW stopped being developed.  DR never started really.  JH is about as developed as Taek, if not less, I think.  JH's family is better developed as a whole than any other family, which gives us insights into JH.  But I am not sure if JH's relationship with others is as developed.  However, we have now seen Taek as a child and what happened when his dad started drinking after his mom passed away.  The pressure of his job and how he handles or not handles that stress.  Taek's relationship with his dad.  Taek's relationship with DR, as video buddy.  Taek's relationship with SW as a little brother.  Taek's relationship with DS.  Now thinking about it, I think this point has been better explained and developed by others on this thread so I am stopping here.  Except to ask one question:  don't you feel like there is a disconnect in the character?  He is often portrayed by his friends and others as one-dimensional, absentminded genius.  But he is clearly observant about a lot of things going on in his neighborhood and the scenes in China at the tournament and his relationship with Go players/supporters show Taek as a very capable, methodical person.

There was that statement by DS's dad in one of the earliest episodes that goes something like "inside Go (baduk), one can find everything in life."  I always wondered if there was something to that statement because it seemed so profound and bizarre when Taek had seemed like such a minor character then.

Sorry for the rambling.    

@miri13 exactly! I just mentioned that he have this character that have many things  to reveal..JH doesn't much to show since it's too visible ,and he's  so transparent..JH is like what you see is what you get,while Taek is very mysterious and Pds slowly showing this off..you can't judge the book by its cover..at first you will think he's just Taek a genius Baduk player..but he's more than that,he's story become the central connection of each other..

anyway why his room is the head quarter?? Hihihi..anyway his room as official hangout place is not that big question..but why in all the room..why his room? There might no deep reason,but my point is yes he's the central character and developing character... Though all are important character it just he's character stand out... ^^

• Like 6

23 hours ago, mangachickava said:

i got the song played during the chips beach scene  Park Hak-Gi (박학기) - 02 Fragrant memory (향기로운 추억) 

sorry for cut your post.

I love this song so muchhhhhh From the moment I first heard it I keep replay whenever i onilne. I really want to understand the lyrics. Do you know where to find it. thank you chingu

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nguyen Diem said:

sorry for cut your post.

I love this song so muchhhhhh From the moment I first heard it I keep replay whenever i onilne. I really want to understand the lyrics. Do you know where to find it. thank you chingu

I was unable to find the lyrics, but im asking a friend and will get back to you 

its probably my fav song played so far, sigh the soundtrack is so good

• Like 2

answer12-00195.jpg

I wonder what is written on the fan. Sadly I don't read Hanja. haha

DYcvAwh.png

Hmm. Interesting how Canada(I assume Canada because of the location where it's being marked and I think if you really zoom in it's written there as 캐나다), Korea and Australia is marked on the map. There has been a lot of speculations that Deoksun might study abroad in Australia. Hmm but what about Canada? Who will go there? And Korea of course is marked because of it being their home country.

WAIT.

Now that I think about it... There is a rug with some deers being hung in Taek's room, no?

Spoiler

y3YXjKB.jpgand deers, mooses and elks are native to the American continent. Does that mean that Taek went there? But why would he go there though? lol. immigrate? which is why they always play that Hyehwadong OST during Taek scenes and the lyrics is about a friend that is leaving but with hopes that someday they'll meet again...?

AND

there is a plaque/picture frame with pictures of deers in Deoksun's future home.

m1Hthli.jpg

Hmmmm. Maybe she went to Canada too and met Taek there?

or maybe she became an air stewardess like some speculated and got to travel to Australia and Canada?

...okay now I'm just making up stories. Hahahaha

Or maybe just maybe all of this don't mean anything at all. Lol

• Like 12

Guest ngocdpb
3 hours ago, Meliere said:

DUDE the color theory is so fun, funny, and whacked up. 

Today I took a shower, looked down, noticed my towel is YELLOW and my soap GREEN. My immediate thought: "OH GOD. IT MUST BE ANOTHER CLUE. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?"

OMG you made me laugh so hard  like someone said "JH'll be the rainbow and TK'll be the hubby" LMAO

ANW even DR might be the husband as well as the show is interesting, right?

thanks chingus for all your posts. 

i remember myself posting every hint there is in reply rp94. the dolls, figurines, 2015 photos wallets books baseball etc leading to chilbong being the husband. i had to delete 300 photos (with tears) while watching the last episode (via livestream) hahahaaha.. literally want to punch the writer for the misleading hints (poor chilbong. huhuhu) 

for rp88, im seeing different colors lol. and i am not falling for that writernim! heheh. i have learned my lesson. 

the only thing i am holding on regarding taek being the husband, is the story. how a genius baeduk player falls in love with his childhood friend. and how his childhood friend completes him. 

i am going to wait patiently and see how the story unfolds. insert (richard marx song.... wherever you go whatever you do, i will be right here waiting for you) .. 

• Like 2