• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ZarraJae said:

Hi girls. I'm back after a long long break from Soompi. Hope some of you remember me? Can't wait. Love the cast and uri Seyeoni with GS?  Never in my wildest dream! Can't wait!

Hello, @ZarraJae! Welcome back!

Right! Ko Soo and Jin Se Yeon as a pair! That thought didn't cross my mind as well! I have Jin Se Yeon's fan page in my Facebook and when I first saw the news on there, I came running into Soompi! Lol! I was that exciting!

About three years after Empire of Gold, Ko Soo will finally be back! And I still couldn't believe that it's 50 episodes for The Flower in Prison! I think I mentioned it to @samasta93 that I wanted to see Ko Soo in a 50 episodes drama and now, it's going to happen! (Sorry, @samasta93, I just have to tag you in here! Lol! You know how much I love love Ko Soo!) The wait is killing but I know that it will be worth it! I hope hope all this remain true, real!

8 hours ago, dalappleblush said:

Goo Soo is way older, right? But I don't know.... Se Yeon strangely looks more compatible with guys older than her. Am I the only one who thinks that? XD

Exactly what I was thinking too. She's got that vibe. So I said in my previous post.. age is just a number!  I''m happy she's doing doing roles that she can show of  acting skills. At  her present age of 20, that is young! and already she's paired with cool terrific actors.

JSY will play a genius girl here and Go Soo will be a mysterious character..ooooh I feel the excitement. I'm almost thinking ( or want to think) this is not period costume drama.. hehe)

5 hours ago, chelleshawol said:

I'm so excited for this drama because our lovely Jin Se Yeon is here. I really love her in Bridal mask and I think she really has the charm to captivate her audiences. I would love to finally see her again :w00t: 

I actually watch Bridal Mask/Gaksital from start to finish! that drama! only historical /period drama I've seen.  I've watch Dae Jang Geum /Jewel In the Palace but not the whole episodes.

@irilight that picture of Go Soo tho'. jongski.. stare much! :wub: thanks, chngu!

Genius girl x mysterious guy. Fudge! I'm intrigue and excited.

So this is really historical?  ooohh maaan! ha ha. It's ok, I'm still gonna watch.

Embedded image permalink

Go Soo x Jin Se Yeon <3

Embedded image permalink

And that warm smile again that I like. :)

CTTO: Pic is from High End Crush web drama still.

Embedded image permalink

all pics ctto.

Go soo is playing a mysterious character so he's most likely going to be " cold "? 

I'm so excited to see seyeon as they say "melt his cold heart "  XDDDD 

April seems so far away but it's not really 

I'm glad that Ko Soo's doing a period, historical drama for once! I still have to watch him in The Royal Tailor and his short film with Moon Chae Won, Awaiting! Him and Moon Chae Won should do a drama together!

It would be nice to see him fight in here, The Flower in Prison! If not, it's okay. Then I would love to see him do a modern day action, fighting drama!

Gosh! When are we ever going to see script reading and/or press conference pictures of The Flower in Prison!

On January 8, 2016 at 2:24 PM, RoseM said:

Guys don't forget to request the series on 

Viki

TheFlowerInPrison 옥중화

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

And dramafever 

http://support.dramafever.com/customer/portal/articles/1004560-how-can-i-request-a-series-

@RoseM, Thanks for sharing the links.  I have submitted my request.

On January 8, 2016 at 0:29 AM, thanhthuy said:

This will be the first historical Korean drama that I ever watch LOL

The main reason is of course my lovely girl Seyeon. The other cast is awesome too. 

Hope that the writer, director and the crew cooporate well this time and produce an amazingly good project.

April seems too far away now >.<

@thanhthuy, I used to not understand why people wanted to see a historical drama, then I watched Jewel of the Palace, Yi San and then Dong Yi (I've watched about 10 times---no exaggeration, some episodes more than that).  Another of my favorite is the Moon That Embraces the Sun.......this is only 20 episodes and I loved every episode.  I've watched several others and liked them, however the ones I mentioned are my all time favorites.

@chelleshawol, hi  and welcome to the thread...:)

@ZarraJae, of course I remember you, chingu.   You were with us on the "Scandal" thread...  (On other threads too, but "Scandal" sticks in my mind, because it was one of my favorite threads....)   Welcome back  welcome-back2.gif. I am so glad you are joining us here.

12 hours ago, cafe99 said:

I mean, we could post the petitions (for Viki and Dramafever) in the historical dramas threads here in soompi, to see if anyone wants to help us. Actors fanpage are a great option.

@cafe99, it is not customary done here, on Soompi.  On the old Soompi, such posts will likely bring a bunch of "Off Topic" marks. The only way to possibly get away with it, is if you can tie it with the thread's subject. For example, if one of the actors in that thread, also is in this upcoming drama; But even then - personally, I would only mention that he/she is coming up for a new drama, and possibly mention the thread under spoiler tag.  

@RoseM chingu,  I am not seeing "The Flower in Prison" in the Official Thread Directory under MBC.  It is usually customary for the person who starts a Thread to PM rubie, and ask her to include the new drama in the directory, and let her know under which channel, and give her the link to the thread. That can serve two things:  Avoid duplicate thread (hopefully, if people are looking), and get more people to a new thread, too.

12 hours ago, ZarraJae said:

Hi girls. I'm back after a long long break from Soompi. Hope some of you remember me? Can't wait. Love the cast and uri Seyeoni with GS?  Never in my wildest dream! Can't wait!

Hello chingu @ZarraJae Of course! Welcome back! I love the cast too, and the plot sounds interesting :heart:

@lclarakl, Thank you much, chingu - for submitting the forms to both DF and Viki.

It would be awesome, if you, and everyone else, would also click on the + sign on Viki to add the channel to your favorites (if you have not already done so)

https://www.viki.com/tv/29937c-the-flower-in-prison

@ymiss, have you ever seen Go Soo with facial hair?  I haven't... He may have facial here, in a sageuk. 

Frankly, personally, I prefer him (and most actors) clean shaven. The only actor I can think of, whom I loved with facial hair was Ji Jin-Hee in Dae Jang-Geum. So much so, it was difficult to get used to his clean shaven face after that. (That was my first drama with him)

@lclarakl, see - I also loved Dae Jang-Geum (Jewel in the Palace). It is one of the very few drama I watched several times.  You might want to also join us in Lee Young-Ae's comeback drama - "Saimdang". Another interesting female figure in Korean history.

Spoiler

All the other drama you mentioned, are on my To Watch list. My absolute favorite sageuk, from what I have seen so far,  is "Jumong" with Song Il-Kook. Fantastic script that never felt dull, and amazing performance by Song Il-Kook. Add to that, his character was so upright, it was awe inspiring. Dae Jang-Geum, is my 2nd favorite historical drama.

The only other historical drama I am watching right now are "Jang Youngsil: The Greatest Scientist of Joseon" which just started  last weekend, with Song Il-Kook.  (but I am not active on the thread. Always behind. Still need to watch this weekend's episodes.)

And also catching up on Song Il-Kook's "Kingdom of the Wind."

Well, here is how we get to mention a drama on a thread, while waiting for our drama to start...! This kind of chit chat is actually done a lot on Soompi.

Ko Soo has facial hair in The Royal Tailor, @irilight! I still have to watch that movie but I saw previews, trailers, news clips, videos of it!

And if I remember correctly, he has a little, some what facial hair in Green Rose when he started, was on the run up until he settled in China!

He looks good with and/or without facial hair so I don't mind either!

Guys, beware! I'm a Ko Soo obsession! So, please don't freak out if I go just a bit over board with him! Lol!

@irilight, Thanks for letting me know about the drama Saimdang. Also became a follower on Viki. After I watched Jewel in the Palace (aka Dae Jang Geum), I found that the director of this drama also directed Dong Yi and Yi San--and it showed in the cinematography. If you haven't seen Dong Yi, you will absolutely love it. It has action, mystery, romance, etc. This was a drama that made me want to know more of the history related to lady Choi.

I have not started Jang Youngsil yet, but it is most definitely on my list.

I have to admit that I'm excited about the number of historical dramas that have been made or being produced. I'm not a big fan of daily historical dramas that have all the craziness of daily dramas, but I do love a long, well written drama that touches on history.

I loved Jumong, but it was a little more 'fantasy' in some of the things that happened (a little like The Moon that Embraces the Sun). I've watched Jumong a couple of times and it is truly inspiring--makes me want to watch it again....lol!

@lclarakl, many thanks for the recommendations.....  I will movie Dong-Yi up my list.  I was going to watch "Cruel Palace" after I finish "Kingdom of the Wind..."  Maybe I should watch Dong-Yi first? Feeling torn.

Spoiler

Love this opening scene. I am a sucker for good cinematography.
12401022_10207111037308774_3429139641589

The only two daily historical drama that I liked were:
1. Gu Am Heo Joon - because I love the subject matter of Eastern Medicine, and I love the main actor in it.
2. King's Daughter Soo Baek-Hyang. That one was more of a fantasy, but it was well done, and I like the main actor in it.

Generally speaking, I prefer real historicals to fantasy historicals.

BTW, the Hancinema article that @RoseM posted on previous page, mentioned that this is the first time in 15 years that this writer and PD work together. So I looked up the other drama they worked together on. It was called "Sangdo."  Take a look who was the leading lady, @jadecloud, and @lclarakl

Spoiler

photo18111.jpg

@RoseM, or anyone else, did you watch "The Duo?"  Apparently that is a historical that Jin Se-Yeon was in; albeit a small role, since it has been a few years ago.

I love this photo of JSY.

232-2.jpg?w=645

18 hours ago, RoseM said:

Go soo is playing a mysterious character so he's most likely going to be " cold "? 

I'm so excited to see seyeon as they say "melt his cold heart "  XDDDD 

April seems so far away but it's not really 

Oh yeah! I'm just giddy with intrigue and excitement!

It kinda feels like historical GMB (upcoming drama! I've been obsessing. also from MBC) with sorta same theme of  prison, incarceration, mysterious guy, young feisty street smart lady who'll end up helping and melting the heart of mysterious guy.. ohmygosh!!!! Waiting for this one. woooh!

9 hours ago, ymiss said:

Guys, beware! I'm a Ko Soo obsession! So, please don't freak out if I go just a bit over board with him! Lol!

I also like Ko Soo.  Just freak out and go overboard, I'll even join you! no worries  I'm the same though it's for another actor. * cough* Ji Soo! Ha ha.

@irilight I'm liking that JSY shot! I'm not fond anything costume based drama but if story is okay, I can watch :)

Lol, @jongski! You just wait! In Empire of Gold thread, follow soompiers thought I was crazy when I commented on Ko Soo's lips during a scene where he was mad, angry and looks like he's about to cry towards the ending of the drama! This happened live! We were watching, summarizing, screen capturing, discussing, commenting live! I was supposed to focus on why he's mad and such but instead, I couldn't help it and noticed how good looking his face features was in his bad, worst feeling mood! Haha! Lol!

I looked up Ji Soo! He looks pretty cute but he's too young for me! We're about seven years apart! I think I should stick to Ko Soo! Lol! I haven't seen any of Ji Soo's dramas and/or movies! I heard of To the Beautiful You but I have never seen it! Looking at To the Beautiful You's page on asianwiki, he's a supporting cast! I saw preview and behind the scenes clips, videos of Angry Mom but I'm not sure if he's in those clips, videos and/or if he is, I don't know who he is! Lol! The reason why I peeked at Angry Mom was because of Kim Hee Sun, she's my top favorite Korean actress! Unfortunately, there was really no English subs at that time so I haven't watch it yet! Wait, http://asianwiki.com/Ji_Soo , this is the Ji Soo you're talking about, right? He's the only, main one that came up when I searched him on Google! Lol!

GMB as in Goodbye Mr. Black, correct, @jongski? That's also historical? Really? I really want to watch that drama for Moon Chae Won and I checked out that thread here and there, I even remember reading about it before it was dropped, postponed due to such reasons when it was first announced but I didn't catch the part where it said it's a period, historical drama!

Ko Soo's short film, Awaiting was the era later, after sageuk and closer to modern, present time! His movie, The Front Line was military, war historical! So besides his movie, The Royal Tailor, The Flower in Prison will be Ko Soo's second time doing a period, historical, sageuk theme like!

Too bad, I'm not much of a historical, sageuk drama person so I haven't seen any of the director's dramas that he directed! As for the screen writer, All In was the only drama that I had watched from him! And it was awesome! One of my all time favorite Korean dramas! Lee Byung Hun, Song Hye Kyo and Ji Sung was so good in All In! This is where my love for Lee Byung Hun really grew from! Jin Goo and Han Ji Min was also so good as the younger versions! I love the storyline from start to finish which means the script for The Flower in Prison could, should be good!

@ymiss

OMG we're so the same. When I fangirl I drool. This happened with My Beautiful Bride Kim Moo Yool. He's a terrific actor! Oh also for Wallace Huo...omg not sure if you've seen Cdrama Love Me, If You Dare. You gonna freak and go overboard and yeah stare a lot for the actor :D 

Yes, Ji Soo is the rookie actor from Angry Mom. Oh should watch him! he's such really brilliant breakout rookie! he's about 22. Tall like 188 cm tall and just pure raw brilliance. The angsty, mysterious type! He's my one and only fav!

No, Goodbye Mr. Black is not historical at all. Ha ha. The upcoming drama is an updated version of Count of Monte Cristo. And has stellar cast! Oh and it's not love story or romance it's revenge thriller betrayal action drama. Check the thread, my chingu! you're very much welcome there.

For Ko Soo, I've marathon his dramas Green Rose but I've not finished yet Empire of Gold. I stop. I'll probably go back to finishing the series. I've never seen him costume based drama though cos like you I'm not fond of saeguk, joseon, historical, period type. but still I'm gonna watch this drama for story and for the cast! I hope my interest  doesn't wane. More than 16 episode dramas, I lose interest ( hence I watch jdorama a lot)

I was wishing this could be like just present time drama not historical because... Ko Soo!! I like action thriller crime dramas. Flower In The Prison intrigued and pique my interest when I read the plot and then  after Ko Soo confirmed. I'm here!!!!!

Thanks for all the updates for this drama. Excited to see pics of leads. BTS and just updates for this! :D

Archived