55 minutes ago, RoseM said:

Think it says the Dram has been delayed until may ?http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=213&aid=0000812759-_- 

Yeah originally this was supposed to be aired after My Daughter, Geum Sa-Wol ends, sometime in March 2016. But now they are going to air"a 20-episode drama titled "Maybe" instead. So this one may be postponed to May 2016.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, irilight said:

Well, one piece of good news, is that Viki now has a potential page for the drama.

Please click on "follow" the drama, and also submit a title request form for   (only 2 followers, so far. :()

The Flower in Prison - 옥중화

https://www.viki.com/tv/29937c-the-flower-in-prison

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

In addition, please add a comment about looking forward to this drama, so that they can see some enthusiasm for it.

Right now, I am the only one who comments... Not good.! We need to show them more enthusiasm

Done!! :) :) :) 

14 hours ago, ymiss said:

@irilight, is the blue circle with the white plus sign inside it, is that the "follow" button? If not, where's the "follow" button?

@ymiss, On Viki just click on the + sign to follow.

12316094_10206856491105278_2808241406371

@RoseM, wow! Until May? I wonder how MBC plans to fill up the space... They could not possibly extend MDGSW by that much!

ahhh. @Prettysup solved the mystery for us!  Thank you ! But I find no info. on "Maybe" drama...:(

But on the bright side - it will give time for Go Soo to confirm :rolleyes: and for the show to build followers

@cafe99, Thank You!

The airtime allotment for MBC's new weekend drama, "The Flower in Prison" has been delayed.

An associate with MBC told TV Report on December 4th, "Drama "The Flower in Prison"was originally planned to begin right after 'My Daughter, Geum Sa-Wol' completes next year. However it will be a bit delayed".

The associate also said, "Once 'My Daughter, Geum Sa-Wol' has finished, another drama will be aired in the interim" and "The airtime allotment has been delayed for "The Flower in Prison" due to some issues related to completion of the filming set".

"The Flower in Prison", which was originally set to go on air in March next year will begin in May instead due to the internal issue.

PD Lee Byeong-hoon and writer Choi Wan-gyooare to meet again in 15 years since "Heo Jun", 1999 and 'Sangdo', 2001, to produce "The Flower in Prison".

This new drama is another new success story of a woman following after the thread of "Dae Jang Geum" and 'Dong Yi'. The new weekend drama, "The Flower in Prison" tells the story about Ok-nyeo, who was born in prison and helps people unfairly accused, using Waeji-bu, the private litigation system in Joseon. Ko Sooand Jin Se-yeon have been cast for the leading roles in "The Flower in Prison"

http://www.hancinema.net/mbc-clarifies-rumor-on-airtime-planning-of-the-flower-in-prison--89185.html

Hopefully this change will give them time to cast more wonderful actors, and rally more fans. It's a 50 episode drama; They need to be well prepared. They have not done enough to get people to anticipate this drama. Hopefully, they will, with this delay.

@RoseM, I have not seen a report of Go Soo confirmation yet, (aside from the Nov. 17 Hancinema article you posted on page 1). None of the other sites except for Hancinema and MDL have him listed for this drama yet; 

But, Dramabeans also seem to assume he is confirmed.

The premiere of MBC’s Flower in Prison may be pushed back a couple of months. A source for the show has cited internal delays as the reason, and indicated that another 20-episode drama may follow My Daughter Geum Sa-wol in March instead. Go Soo and Jin Se-yeon weren’t slated to begin filming until February, so it’s possible that whatever may be causing production to stall will clear up by then.

Source: Dramabeans.

BUT - I do not think his agency confirmed yet, so I assume it is still under negotiations.

This is my new acc because soompi wouldn't let me log back in to my old one so I madea new one ,but holy ! Feels like I've been waiting ages for some news here ,like can we get news of other additional cast ? _-_

I read news that says this is the successor story of Dae Jang Geum from The Jewel In The Palace ,so that`s still meaning that the stories are not connected in any way but its just the next in line story to be told ?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived