• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ooh okay thank you @irilight 

What I lilike about confirming the cast early is that they can get ready for shooting ,especially since it's historical, they have to have a specific tone.

I also llike that jin se yeon is coconfirmed early ,so that she can get prepared for this drama ,not not rush into it ( like DS ) but here she get be prepared. 

Hope everyone brings their A game to this drama and perfect it ! !! 

Seems that there is still no consensus about confirmation. Some say confirmed; Some say - not yet confirmed.

theflowerinprison_casting

A new MBC weekend drama called The Flower in Prison has cast big names to its project: Go Soo, Jin Se Yeon, Kim Mi Sook, Jun Kwang Ryul, Park Joo Mi, and Jung Joon Ho. The historical drama is about a young woman who was born in prison (Jin Se Yeon) and becomes a defender of the unfairly accused by fighting for their rights outside of the legal system in Joseon. Directed by Lee Byung Hoon (Dong Yi), it is slated to air in March after My Daughter Geum Sa Wol

Source

In recent times, Lee Byung Hoon (PD of Dae jang Geum) had concentrate a theme of his drama surrounding a "department" or an administration offices in the Joseon Dynasty

Dae Jang Geum, - the Royal Kitchen

Yi San - Dohwaseo (Bureau of Painting & Drawing)

Dong Yi - The palace inspectorate

Ma Ui - veterinary 

This time it is the advocate or litigation office or Services called Oe (Wae) Ji Bu (외지부 ,外知部), similar to a defense lawyer, which works "outside" the Justice bureaucracy system hence the name (외,外). 

In Episode 60 of the drama Dong Yi, after Choi Suk Bin (Dong Yi) left the palace to reside in her private residence palace Inhyeongung (이현궁, 梨峴宮), she became a representative advocate for the marginalise citizen who were wrongly accuse for crime that they didn't commit

The service of Waeji-bu (外 知 部) is called for when there is offenses & defenses that were exchanged between the plaintiff & the defendant, contents of the documentary evidence (书 证) & the accounts of the witnesses, and all the legal debates that ensued.

The lawsuit process of the Joseon dynasty showed a minimized intervention on the pan of the authorities, & also the enlarged role of the parties directly involved. But because of such characteristics that involved parties were in need of some professional help from legal practitioners & for those who were in need of such help, the Waeji-bu (外 知 部) services were the ones to consult. At the request of the clients, Waeji-bu services will listened to the nature of the complaints & created written accusations for the client, or provided the clients with advises regarding the actual lawsuit process & related techniques. 

When they were hired as legal representatives of the clients, they appeared at the local office and initiated a lawsuit for them, and whenever they won the suit, they were compensated by the clients as well, but then consigning a representative is hardly practice

This drama will most likely taken around the 1560 (the reign of Myeongjong) onwards...because in 1478, this advocate representative was banned

@gerrytan8063 As always, thank you for your insight and background. This 'Prison's Flower' sounds really interesting. I agree this writernim is a rare breed in kdramaland. 

KMS...she's in AAMM ...running busy LOL   (EDIT: Ohhh but by then, Feb2016? AAMM prob would have ended.)

Hello to all :)  and thanks @RoseM for this thread :) 

they are suspicious of who will be  the main actor apart from GO SOO ?

According to the news, articles, Ko Soo seems to be the only actor that has been associated with being offer the lead actor role thus far and he's still considering it!

The writer Choi Wan Kyu resume is also great. He wrote IRIS (2009) & most recent Triangle (2014)

While Sageuk, he wrote Jumong (2006) & Kingdom of The Wind (2008), PD Lee Byung Hoon worked with Writer Choi Wan Kyu on "Heo Jun" (1999) & "Sangdo" (2002)

@gerrytan8063   The scriptwriter - Choi Wan-Kyu -  wrote the first Korean drama I ever watched - Gourmet - And I was hooked ever since.
Jumong is my favorite sageuk by far, but I also loved Gu Am Hao Joon.  I am watching Kingdom of the Wind now.

Waving hi to @jadecloud. So glad you are joining us, chingu.  c4e9f33e51adb364f14ecd20b9cc8149.jpg

Welcome also to @lupita311 and @YennLucia  !

@ymiss So waiting for Go Soo's confirmation!

@irilight

Heo Jun ( 허준1999) & Gu Am Heo Jun (구암 허준, 2013) run on the same script written by Choi Wan Kyu but with different cast & director, the latter 2013 was a remake in commemorating UNESCO had designated  2013 "Donguibogam Year"  to mark 400th anniversary of the publication in 1613 

The actor Kim Joo Hyuk (김주혁) took the lead as Heo Jun in the 2013 remake because his late father also played the role in 1975 in the drama "Determination (집념), also a MBC drama

There is a Heo Jun Museum (허준박물관, closed on Mondays) in Gangseo-gu in Seoul....very children friendly & curious adults to learn about oriental medicine 

Directions: Line 9 Gayang Station Exit 1. it is 10 mins walk from the station

Archived