• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, tw20127 said:

I think that is his look for his new movie The Tooth and the Nail, since he's playing a magician XD

Too bad both Se Yeon and Go Soo don't update their IG accounts often :mellow:

Hope we can at least get some bts of them filming, it'll be even better  to get a picture with just them  ( even though he's married ~_~ ) 

Filming probably starts around March :lol: such a long time... :o first four episodes will be starring child actors too...

At least it's a 50 episode drama! So even if we wait a long time, we can watch the drama for a long time too! :) Go Soo really needs to do more dramas haha. If the ratings are high, it's also possible that MBC will extend it like they did with Dong Yi and Yi San :lol: Many drama watchers are scared of 50 episode drama but to be honest I want more of these LOL since it means getting to watch my favorite actors/actresses for a longer time, assuming the story is not too draggy. The 16-20 episode dramas sometimes feel so short!

Haha I always struggle to rein in my shipper heart when one of the actor/actress in an on screen couple is married, which is hard since they always have so much chemistry together (like Ji Sung and Hwang Jung Eum LOL) I wonder how the Korean actresses manage to not swoon/fangirl whenever the actors stare into their eyes :wub:

Wow Choi Tae Joon  :w00t:  will be in this drama too. He's totally good looking. Love that he'll working with JSY in this drama even though he's only the 2nd lead. I wonder what character he will play? Are there any updates on other casts character? I'm going to be crushing for the 2nd lead in this one hihi.  

I like the title of this drama " Flower in the prison" and JSY is that flower. She's been totally busy with her web drama, movie "Operation Chromite" and now this. So happy for her. I don't know if i will be able to follow this drama thoroughly since it's saguek .. i don't really like Historical Drama and 50 episodes is a bit too long to follow. But i will certainly check on this thread and get on the updates. 

Wait, wait..... So Koo Soo will play a powerful, mysterious merchant as the male lead? And Choi Tae Joon (whom I don't know much about) will play a Crown Prince as the 2nd male lead? Is that right?

OMGosh! And both actors have a huge age gap with Se Yeon? Is that correct, too?

Wow! This is gonna be so fun! A merchant and a Crown Prince will fight for Se Yeon's - I mean, Ok Nyeo's - affection. This is gonna be so intense, LOL. I cannot wait!!!!

I kept thinking of all the possibilities, because in historical dramas, possibilities are endless (and sometimes reality-defying. Ok, not "sometimes" - "most of the time").

@imot Totally the same here. and actually 20 episode drama is too long for me, hence the reason I watch a lot of jdoramas instead but, I'm gonna check this one because I wanna see JSY  Go Sooo :)

@RoseM more pics please. he he. @dalappleblush well,I like flower and power, and they go together.. ha ha so yeah Mysterious Go Soo x Jin Se Yeon as the Flower in Prison.. and yes my tag line.. age is just a number, lol.

I've never seen any other JSY drama except Gaksital. I'm not sure exactly why tweeps/knetz not warming up to her. I don't pay much attention to those. If the drama is good. I watch it doesn't matter who the stars are.. well ok, sometimes it does. :P

1 hour ago, dalappleblush said:

Wait, wait..... So Koo Soo will play a powerful, mysterious merchant as the male lead? And Choi Tae Joon (whom I don't know much about) will be play a Crown Prince as the 2nd male lead? Is that right?

OMGosh! And both actors have a huge age gap with Se Yeon? Is that correct, too?

Wow! This is gonna be so fun! A merchant and a Crown Prince will fight for Se Yeon's - I mean, Ok Nyeo's - affection. This is gonna be so intense, LOL. I cannot wait!!!!

I kept thinking of all the possibilities, because in historical dramas, possibilities are endless (and sometimes reality-defying. Ok, not "sometimes" - "most of the time").

@dalappleblush ha ha I guess anybody older than 20 yrs old yrs old is older than JSY :P  but as mentioned, she always actually better paired with mature or older stars.And also the drama she does suits her better. I guess there are actors like that. They're better in more drama genre than cutesy one.  I can't wait for  Kim Yoo Jung to mature - she's only 16 or 17 but would love to see her in another Dong Yi type drama. When I was watching the drama, I was like I wouldn't mind 10 more episodes of her... really impressive and brilliant acting.

Guys!

I just realized something.

Jin Se Yeon, in High End Crush, was a smart girl who loves to quote on Chinese proverbs (which her granddaddy taught her when she was still young) whenever she was facing difficulties to remind her of good values she should apply. I'm not sure if that was Chinese proverbs or Confucianism, or maybe they were the same thing?

But the point is, her next role, in this drama as Ok Nyeo, she would also be learned in Confucianism, and Chinese proverbs, and of course the law of their time.

My point is: Yoo Yi Ryung seemed to be a hint of Ok Nyeo.

LOL, considering how she managed to always win in her arguments with Choi Se Hoo (Jung Il Woo) in High End Crush, and now in this drama, too.

I just love the connection. Ok, carry on.

:D :)

LMFAOO, Meaning shell be a great lawyer seeing how she always win in arguments! 

I would love it if we get some "cutesy "scenes with oknyeo and taewoon,.

I can just imagine oknyeo being annoyed with his Character and he still following her around ,or maybe the other way around XD 

@dalappleblush I look forward to OK Nyeo being this sassy, smart girl who puts the corrupt officials back to their place!

i wonder how she would learn to read/write as well as be knowledgeable about the laws in Joseon though. Women during that time are usually not literate, since according to the Confucianist beliefs women should be virtuous, quiet, and obedient, so they don't really need an education, which OK Nyeo will totally contradict LOL. I also wonder how she will be allowed to act as a lawyer since not only is she a girl, she is also a social outcast since she was born in prison. I think in Joseon, committing a crime not only affects you, but also three generations of your family members:o Because of her status, the poorest commoners probably won't trust her, at least at first. 

Also, if Yoon Tae Won, the character Go Soo's playing, will be a merchant, I wonder how he will be viewed, since he's most likely related to the Queen, and the nobles at the time looked down at merchants as an occupation. Unless he's an illegitimate son who isn't recognized and can't become a government official :huh:

For Choi Tae Joon's character, I agree that he is probably playing a childhood friend or maybe even King Injong (the king who died young) The second leads in PD Lee Byun Hokn's dramas are always portrayed as the knight in shiny armor protecting their love :wub: Too bad second leads in dramas always never gets the girl (I was heartbroken for Siwon in She was Pretty :tears:) ..sometimes I wish there's another nice girl he can settle with 

The anticipation really is killing me! I fantasize about this drama so much LOL

Archived