• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@irilight

"Have you seen both drama? How did they compare?"

Yes I have.....The script & dialogue is exactly the same....I prefer the 2013 version, the lead actress is prettier & the cast.

Cinematography is better as they are now shooting on HD cameras

Heo Jun 1999 as a drama took on some dramatic/fictional licensing. It also made Jeon Gwang Ryeol (전광렬) a household name. The drama broke new grounds for the "sageuk" (historical) genre by introducing new perspectives & breaking the long hold or standing tradition (try digesting the 500 years Annals of Joseon from 1983-1990 that Lee Byung Hoon directed) of only focusing on the "serious" & dramatic"

Heo Jun 1999 starts to have back stories of the characters & characters are development & build up begins to be considered very important before the characters become historical "great" that they are noted for, which was a different approach than the usual norms at that time, where historical events & incident carried the plot which have actor & actress sit around & delivered their dialogue without very much action. This formulation was later adapted & developed further in Dae Jang Geum (대장금), so you can note that Heo Jun 1999 was forerunner & is responsible for the current format of Sageuk dramas.

As we had seen in many sageuk drama....the drama as always will start up with amazing acting from child actors & as we see how the drama unfolds that shape & build up their character through a series of events, then progress to their "historical great" characters

@RoseM

The writer Choi Wan Kyu resume is also great. He wrote IRIS (2009) & most recent Triangle (2014)

While Sageuk, he wrote Jumong (2006) & Kingdom of The Wind (2008), PD Lee Byung Hoon worked with Writer Choi Wan Kyu on "Heo Jun" (1999) & "Sangdo" (2002)

Hi,@gerrytan8063,  Thanks for the bit of info on the writer Jumong is my #1 Saguek ever but just the drama you have mention I've sen them all and all were very good from start to finish still trying to find Sangdo and still no luck

Flower in Prison, the Go Soo and Jin Se-yeon sageuk, has added several members:Jung Jun-ho (Mama), Kim Mi-sook (Please Mom) and Jeon Gwang-ryul (I Remember You) have all come on board. Jung will take on a villainous role, while Jeon will make a special appearance that’ll reunite him with Heo Joon director, Lee Byung-hoon. Flower in Prison premieres in March on MBC.

Source: Dramabeans

@gerrytan8063, @valsava I noticed that MBC classic has quite a few gems on YT channel. I so wish that MBC America will sub them.

Speaking of sageuk, I just read today that

I wish we could see this one subbed.

Choi Su-jong (Into the Fire) will play Admiral Lee Soon-shin in Three Kingdoms–Japanese Invasion of 1592, a Chinese-Korean docudrama set in the 16th century. About Japan, the Ming and the Joseon dynasties, the show will be jointly produced by KBS and China’s CCTV, and recently had its first script read.  I hope this will get subbed! 

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0002688490

I always wanted jsy to be in a historical drama ,she debuted playing the young female lead in a couple of episodes in " the duo " .I thought she suited those type of things very well .I'm very happy she is practicing her historical speech and acting for this drama.

I honestly think kosoo accepted because it's not like there's a lot of time of get a new lead because they start filming in February ,just think no official news has came out yet ,

Well, one piece of good news, is that Viki now has a potential page for the drama.

Please click on "follow" the drama, and also submit a title request form for   (only 2 followers, so far. :()

The Flower in Prison - 옥중화

https://www.viki.com/tv/29937c-the-flower-in-prison

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

In addition, please add a comment about looking forward to this drama, so that they can see some enthusiasm for it.

Right now, I am the only one who comments... Not good.! We need to show them more enthusiasm

Archived