[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

this drama been an emotional rollercoaster for me

it's not safe now after the king's death, I know the palace wasn't a safe place to begin with but at least with the king around there was order & killing was less but now it's all a mess 

Wang Wook didn't just turn his back on Hae Soo he also used her to kill Wang So? & I don't think he wanted to kill him out of jealiously, he wanted to be the only 1 next to the crown prince so later on the crown prince will pass the throne to him...wow man! from prince charming to this? I knew he was the scariest, I like his character development

I like how Wang Yo didn't give up, he's a brave villain, I'm glade he didn't really die just because I don't want Wang So to be the reason of his death although everyone including Wang So thinks he killed him but I guess he's gonna feel some relief when he discover that his brother is actually alive...or not lol I wonder how is he gonna be king when he's a traitor? who's going to support him? is he going to take revenge from Wang Wook? and what's gonna happen to Wang So that he let Wang Yo become king? this is the 1st time I can't predict what's gonna happen in a K-Drama 

also Queen Yo performance in ep 13 was awesome I hate her 

the "if someone asked you "did the king die?" that person want the throne" was brilliant 

• Like 21

2 hours ago, violet90 said:

i think its interesting what WS said in preview 'if you're not coming to my side don't give me hope'

when he first declare that HS belong to him in make up scene he actually really confident about not letting her go.. 'prepare yourself cause i will never let you go'

the second one is when he kiss her and now he give order...'without my permission you cannot leave me or die either' 

and the third one is asking 'if you're not coming to my side don't give me hope'

he slowly learn how to actually love HS.. he at first keep give order to her now actually ask her about it... i feel kinda proud with WS he slowly understand how HS mind and he changed for her... he never give up on winning HS love and now he will get what he want and he will protect it by all cost... 

the one who tried to kill and keep threaten now became someone so gentle and caring............. awww

Agree with you. 

It's funny to see Wang So not too confident to win Hae Soo's heart. Because for most episodes, he potray as bold and confidence man. 

Like he said, he want to live like a normal person too.  And that's mean he's ready to learn how to endure his feelings and not push it to other person. 

Wang So-yah, you've become grown a lot now. 

• Like 21

As much as I want more of LJG, he had more screen time in the first episode than the 4th prince had in the first 6 episodes of Chinese drama. In the novel, the story is about Ruoxi's change as she adapts to living in the past and her relationships with the princes. We only see the 4th prince's from Ruoxi's eyes and there's no character development for the 4th prince at all. I couldn't even tell he was suppose to be the main love interest until halfway through the Chinese drama.

In the Chinese version, during the time Ruoxi is a laundress, we see how difficult her life has become and how she stands up for herself and overcomes it. There's only a brief scene with the 4th prince and another one with the 14th prince. In the Korean version, HS is completely defined by her relationship to WS and WW, so there's definitely more time devoted to LJG.

• Like 17

Guest Sleepietake2
2 hours ago, Siracusa said:

I lurk on the Reddit forum and someone posted this:

Can anyone here corroborate the above? Did MLSHR pull a Cheese in the Trap?

I was an avid fan of Cheese at the beginning since I've read the webtoons way before there was any talk about the drama and I was one of the many that was completely devastated when the drama took a turn for the worse.  So now I am even more apprehensive with how the rest of SHR is going to play out, if this is true.

i think these words from Javabeans from the Dramabeans link best articulate how I feel at the moment regarding deviating from the source material. There's nothing wrong doing that, unless

"By skewing the focus so drastically, the show has altered the effect of the story in a way that now feels unnatural to its intent."

This is why after 13 episodes things feel off.  And there's a sense of confusion. The lack of screen time for the main leads doesn't make any sense.  And the continuation of WookSo has no contribution towards the progress of the show.  It feels unnatural and has completely altered the "epic" love story that SHR was supposed to be. 

42 minutes ago, qwenli said:

2. In all of MLSHR posters, previews and earlier introductions, it was very clear that they were selling an ensemble cast. Even at the presscon, nearly everyone who doesnt die in the first 5 eps were there in attendance. So in this aspect, I cannot say SBS deceived us. Its just that as the story develops, Lee Joon Gi became such a force that cannot be ignored that viewers clamour for more of him.

3. There were already previous mathematical calculation of when the otp story will start to unfold officially based on the original c version development. And the answer of ep 13 was correct. In the last few secs, Soo finally hugs and comforts SO.

Hence although its true that the director favour KHN (he openly praised KHN as being very handsome at the presscon), I cannot fully pinpoint him as being unfair. 

So true on LJG becoming a strong force! His acting is impeccable. I used to complain that IU could not match the intensity of LJG's acting (always that wide-eyed reaction and nothing else) and that frustrates the hell out of me but as the story progresses, I begin to appreciate IU's acting.

But before the series began, it was already established that LJG will be the main lead, right? That's how I understood the promos, anyway. Because I remember ranting that KHN is still not the lead and he deserves a main lead role.

I find it amusing that there's a mathematical calculation on when the otp story will unfold. Thank you, math gods. You are always precise.

Anyway, please forgive me. But my reactions will be an episode late because I only watched Ep 12 last night and will watch Ep 13 tonight. Also, I watched both versions and I now understand why there are different comments on Wook and Soo because their characterization seems to differ in both versions. In the international version, Soo seemed to be a needy girl imploring Wook if he missed her and his validation would somehow justify her miserable existence in the palace but in the Korean version, she's not like that at all.

I'm still not sure about Wook if he just accepted to chase the throne because Yeon Hwa forced him to it or that Yeon Hwa just revealed to Wook that his deepest desire is the throne and that it finally dawned on him. There's darkness in Wook so the nickname Darth Wook is on point! Anyway, hate him. He keeps stringing Soo along when there's nothing he could do about her. What a richard simmons. Soo girl, he may not cheat on you but steer clear of richard simmons guys, ok? One richard simmons too many.

That "ok" moment of Baek Ah and Woo Hee. That was nostalgic. It reminded me how happy the princes and Soo were a year before and how things quickly changed for all of them.

And that "I could not die even if I want to" dialogue of Soo. That was heartbreaking. Because damn, she did not want to go to that time and see all those horrors and now she's stuck in the middle of it all. Girl might develop PTSD. Get treatment when you return to the present.

• Like 20

18 minutes ago, bim2 said:

Agree with you. 

It's funny to see Wang So not too confident to win Hae Soo's heart. Because for most episodes, he potray as bold and confidence man. 

Like he said, he want to live like a normal person too.  And that's mean he's ready to learn how to endure his feelings and not push it to other person. 

Wang So-yah, you've become grown a lot now. 

it could also be that maybe HS's behavior and attitude towards him change almost 180 degres, so WS is very unsure of what is going on as well?

but it is cute, it shows that he does have a vulnerable side that he isnt sure of him and HS. 

• Like 12

24 minutes ago, qwenli said:

Altho I find myself thinking about this too, but I think there are 3 factors to consider here.

1. the original c version story which MLSHR is based on had the female lead as the thread that narrates the story. She appears almost everywhere and constantly, so there was never a doubt that the development was her journey. Here in the k version, altho HS has her inner dialogue here and there, I dun find her being used as the main narrator. In fact, the k version paint her as having a fuzzy knowledge of history.

2. In all of MLSHR posters, previews and earlier introductions, it was very clear that they were selling an ensemble cast. Even at the presscon, nearly everyone who doesnt die in the first 5 eps were there in attendance. So in this aspect, I cannot say SBS deceived us. Its just that as the story develops, Lee Joon Gi became such a force that cannot be ignored that viewers clamour for more of him.

3. There were already previous mathematical calculation of when the otp story will start to unfold officially based on the original c version development. And the answer of ep 13 was correct. In the last few secs, Soo finally hugs and comforts SO.

Hence although its true that the director favour KHN (he openly praised KHN as being very handsome at the presscon), I cannot fully pinpoint him as being unfair. 

Well said.  

I also sensed that the director and script writer(s) favoured KHN from the episodes aired so far.  It just amused me that it took 13 episodes for them to help raise WW's role to shine or outshine LJK's WS before finally realising that WW's role was never going to be able to induce the "second lead syndrome" wished for (just my two cents!).  LJK is too forceful an actor and he's got such screen power:

"He’s been able to demonstrate decent depth in his roles and bring out distinct personalities while improving." - quoted and credit by/to ockoala

And there is this lacking in chemistry up till now between WS and HS that I feel whenever I watch their scenes, and its like HS doesnt light up at all whenever WS's around her so how are we as viewers be able to relate to her suddenly having feelings for WS in the next episode(s).  Even when she hugged him at the end of Ep 13, I felt it was more of a friendly or sisterly tap on his shoulders:

Spoiler

tumblr_oejs0qmWZY1tdfsf6o1_540.gif ...HS's eyes show little joy or love when she's with WS. 

ㅇ

....and here HS doesnt show any physical or emotional feelings towards WS (or any hidden ones she may experience within her heart....its like HS is only going to love WW all her life...yucks).

The director & script writers spent too much time developing WW-HS relationship resulting in viewers' frustration like me in this much awaited MLSHR. TBH, I am dissappointed with the way this show has developed but stayed tuned for LJK for he is a talented and brilliant actor who delivers every and any role he takes on!!!

credit as tagged

• Like 17

I've been a silent reader over a 100 pages ago but I just need someone to slap away this nagging theory I have about the boat scene:

It's a dream sequence. I can't help but notice how similar it is to Taejo's visions right before he died so it could be So's vision on his deathbed. Please say it isn't so! I can't help but brace myself since this drama and Soo's denial of her feelings for So has emotionally traumatized me. LOL

Edited by q4q4
  • Like 11

Guest Sleepietake2
30 minutes ago, qwenli said:

watching the new bts makes me happier :)

Nam Joo Hyuk and his Mary and a Little Lamb. :D

Lol, the BTS had the same effect on me. Our two most evilest Prince are so adorkable.  They were like children.  Which really makes them great actors also cause I'm angry and frustrated with them while watching the show but can't help but laugh and smile at their real personas in the bts. 

This is crazy....how am i suppose to catch up with u guys:sweatingbullets: i was left with 30 pages just in few hours!! Each time i click next page, the page number just increase haha....no end for this forum esp with the promising upcoming scenes:wub:

• Like 10

1 hour ago, qwenli said:
From @liddi
Additional scene from SBS version:
1. Soo's internal monologue in front of the throne when So questioned if she was not worried about his safety, and So's dialogue after that  [30:01 to 30:19]
     HS: (You are Gwangjong. You have a long history ahead of you.)
     WS: Even people who don't seem like they'll ever die eventually die.

Additional scenes from International version:
1. Jung's conversation with Soo in Damiwon - his pledge to bring her out of the laundry department back to Damiwon, stating he won't call her "older sister" anymore, and asking her to wait for her - all of which lays the groundwork for Jung's feelings for Soo going forward

Hi I have a small suggestion, which I hope is not too much.

could you put all these ep by ep differences online on a separate page somewhere so that it can be easily access? Like a facebook/blog page?

Yes, only thru this drama that I realise that a snip here and there can greatly change the feel of a story and the intention of a character. It greatly open by eyes to the power of editing.

It would be great if someone be kind enough to do that from ep 1 onwards so we get to enjoy the complete combined versions.  Thumbs up to everyone for all your hard efforts! :heart:

Though I don't join here but I do read some posts here.  Thanks all for your insights for it enhances this drama even more so and made such great experience watching this drama. :blush:

• Like 10

Finally got around to watch ep 12 and 13. I refused to watch ep 12 until 13 came out, because just based upon comments I was afraid of what my reaction would be. :crazy: While I am beyond happy with next week's preview TEAMSoSoo! I can't help but feel uneasy about the international version, because just from the changes listed in the SBS version, the international seems to be leaning towards Jung with Hae Soo, which I've read is similar to the C-version, which is not so happy. I really hope (like many people) that we don't just get one or two happy SoSoo episodes and then BAM angst city! I didn't wait 13 episodes for them to get together only to be torn apart the next episode.

Possible destinations in angst city:

Moo marrying So to his daughter 

-I can see Soo being weirded out by this, but understanding that So doesn't really want to marry his niece.

So marrying his half-sister

-No comment...I just don't want to think about it.

Wook making So jealous with his past relationship with Hae Soo, causing a misunderstanding

-Come on, Wang So you have to realize Wook is the person Hae Soo is talking about. But I also forgot that this is kdrama and that So is not so experienced with romantic relationships. But Wook is in the past, as in over...finally.

Jung marrying Hae Soo

-She doesn't like you in that way! She's your brother's girl!

The 9th prince using Hae Soo's friend to spy, causing a breakup

-Honestly, Wang So, why do you have to have so many pesky siblings messing around with your love life? 

• Like 18

Don't tell me that she will confess to WS after seeing how he is crying for killing his brother..

I hope her confession or acceptance of WS love does not come out of pity - like - I can see how hurt you are by hurting your brother, so let me save you from misery of killing more brothers.. I shall be yours... kind of theory..

Would totally hate it!

Acting goof up - IU clutches one leg, limps on another.. limping keeps changing from leg to leg ..

• Like 5

Also, whoever said that rebound relationships are doomed to fail.. kind of gets proved again :P

Boyfriend ditched IU... she immediately fell for Wookie (classic rebound symptoms..doesn't even take a day to warm up to him).. and then eventually finds her stable relationship.. WS..

Really looking forward to Jung stepping up his game

Also how dumb is everyone???

All the princes and the world can see, observe, infer on their own that Wookie loves HS..

But can not see that WS does it too...

And for being as smart as the world thinks of him, what every tom D and Harry can see.. WS can't see that HS and Wookie are in a relationship??

I mean stupidity galore...

This reason is enough for me to let YH have the throne... Other than Queen Yoo and YH .. no one seems to be astute enough to notice, observe their surroundings and surmise correctly.. and ofcourse the only man to have similar sense .. Baek Ah

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, runitaaa said:

Hi Chingu,

I am a new comer in this thread, I've been lurking for the past few hundreds pages but this episode just makes me want to speak up. I am a devoted Wook shipper on the first phase of the drama, but he already passed the point of no return during ep11 and I feel helplessly betrayed by his action (even though it's not me whom he betrayed) lol 

During the scene where Soo running an errand by the king and 'caught' by Wook, this scene totally have many meanings:

1. Soo beginning to doubt Wook! He asked her (numerous times) whether the king has passed away or not, it showed his ambition to become king and Soo remember how the king told her to be very careful with this kind of person

2. Before Wook told Soo about the rebellion attack, we can see for a moment Soo is hesitate to told Wook about the death of the king while she tell everything to So the moment she sees him. This indicates how much Soo trust So (after all he did to her, of course she will trust him completely)

3. Wook sugarcoat his actual reason to become king and put all the blame to Soo. He's making progress actually, from making empty promises into making up some ridiculous stories!!!

Moving on to the scene where Wook talking to Yeonhwa (he looks handsomely creepy in that scene!!) Wook thinking which prince should he attack first, and calculating someone's betrayal!! Yes, Wook already thought that Soo will betrayed him, that's why he think it will be the best option to betrayed Yo and inform the Crown Prince about the rebellion plan. This shows how much Wook doesn't trust Soo, and how calculative he can be!! And that scene when the Crown Prince suddenly came with an army, and Wook just put his sword into Yo's neck like it is the right thing to do all along (Man, I can't even .... aaarrrggghhhh!!!)

During the confrontaion scene between Soo and Wook, we can see that both already doesn't trust each other with Soo doesn't tell Wook the exact condition of the king and Wook doesn't tell her the exact rebellion plan (well, Wook haven't really  choose a side in this moment). Soo tells him : I cannot have the same feeling towards you like in the past and he blames everything on So while in fact It's his action that makes Soo doesn't trust him and eventually leave him. 

My summary for So-Soo shipper : we should celebrate that Soo's feeling for So it's not a rebound, I REPEAT IT'S NOT A REBOUND!!

Sorry for the long post, and can somebody tell me : Why Wook really hate So? (We all can see how much he hates him during the sword scene). I cannot recall any scene that turn their relationship from friendly brothers into enemy, beside the love triangle. Can someone enlighten this for me??

I think it's purely jealousy because Soo started to care about So and in the earlier episode when So took Soo for a horse ride after the forced kiss, Soo chose to be with So than him although Soo had made it clear that it was for his sake so that he would be safe. He began to see that he was not the only one that Soo cared and not the only who could own Soo. His trust to Soo began wavering and thus, he started to hate So for that. 

• Like 11