[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

36 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

@liddi I don't know what the proper spelling of Hae Soo's name is, (I don't think it came up in the show so far) but if the Chinese subs use the tree one, then it must be that one. It is rather unisual for a girl's name, but it does fit with Wang So's treehugging spirit. :P 

When Wang So started living in the palace, he referred to Hae Soo as the star that only rises in Goryeo. 

Also, some Korean fans consider Hae Soo to be the sun (her family name is really that, and the hanja is borrowed, which is why it is later changed to Go) and Wang So to be the moon. The moon is always there, but you don't always see it because of the light of the sun. The moon only shines as it reflects the sunlight. 

@ruizaio Thank you for your insights! And thank you for reminding me that Wang So did refer to Soo as the star... which now makes the lyrics of the sky that weeps over the loss of the stars that much more poignant.
Interesting that Soo's surname means the sun... 解 in Chinese means "to explain"... which is not quite the same meaning, but does imply bringing clarity or shining light in darkness. As for Wang So being the moon... that is another poignant imagery... and that without the sun, he will be plunged back into darkness once more.

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

and the guy holding cake, is that IU's real bf.. looked like him

Looks similar but is not Ki Ha (IU's boyfriend). Is not one of IU's managers either (Chipmunk and Hunter). Hunter is the manager related to Moon Lovers. He appeared also in the BTS photo of Cosmopolitan photoshoot next to Hong Jong Hyun (3rd prince), had interactions with Jin Ki Jo (Chaeryung) and Z.Hera (10th prince's wife) on Instagram and If I am not mistaken he was the one with the umbrella in the IU-KHN singing interaction of one of their latest BTS. 

• Like 14

@UnniSarah I think the reason why Hae Soo hesitated with Wang Wook's proposal was because she was contemplating whether she could trust Wang Wook. 

We already know how Hae Soo was betrayed by those she trusted and Concubine Oh always warned her to be careful of everyone and never trust anyone. With all this in mind Hae Soo was debating whether she could trust him and whether marrying him is the right thing to do. Although I wouldn't really call it debating because not once did she consider him betraying her instead in her internal monologue she kept saying she can trust him... :( 

• Like 18

Hae Su's Song in the Rain

Sung to the tune of On My Own from Les Miserables

On my knees

I beg the king for mercy

All alone

I’ll stay like this 'til morning

Without him,

I feel his love surround me

And when I trip and fall

He reaches out to me

And holds my hand in his so tightly

In the rain, the walls are bleak and stony

All the lights are dimmed, the silence stretches

In the darkness, the shadows creep beside me

I close my eyes and I pretend that he is with me

But it dawns slowly in my mind

Something’s changed; I still can’t, won’t accept it

And although I know that I am blind

Still I say there's a way for us

I love him

But when the day is over

He is gone,

He walked away and left me

Without him,

I feel the cold seep through me

The pain sears through my soul

Rips me apart I think I’m dying

I loved him

But now I’m finally learning

All this time,

He’s only been pretending

Without me,

His world will go on turning

A world of empty promises

And phantom ashes of a false love

I loved him...

I loved him...

I loved him...

But only on my own...

• Like 10

19 hours ago, mamamya88 said:

I like how WS eyes always gazed lowly and starred at HS's lip before kissing her (or near-kissing).. each time he pull HS towards him and tried to kiss her, his eyes shifted from HS eyes and he lowered down on HS's lip..like he was locking his target:phew:...that sexual tension just melting my heart!!! 

Agree...

Oh my dear heart... please be calm.  :heart:

• Like 16

Hey guys!
I'm getting withdrawals alreadyyyy. So I decided to do a portrait drawing of Haesoo. Here is the speed drawing video I did if you guys wanna check it out! ^_^
Unfortunately I won't be able to join you guys for the live streaming next week because I'll be overseas and out of Wifi T.T
Hopefully there won't be too many different scene cuts between SBS and international ver. Can't wait to read all your recaps and comments while I'm away though ^.^ 

• Like 21

29 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

Hmmm.. Rein can leave a mark too, you know?? 

I'm sure WS can teach you a lesson or two on how to 'ride' safely and joyfully. He's an excellent rider! 

Do you want to put on your 'hair pin' while you guus riding?

i know.. but unlike bracelet, no one know it's rein except the expert one ahaha...

sure he will, i meet perfect teacher to teach me how to ride excellently :phew:... 

can you suggest me what kind of hair pin that suit the even my dear?

• Like 7

11 hours ago, ruizaio said:

The Korean fans on DC have decided to gather information on how many people would be willing to purchase the DVD/Blu-ray set if it comes out. While nobody has volunteered to lead the effort, they'll at least get the process going with a temporary leader (because they want someone with more experience for negotiating terms with the production and what not to be the actual leader). I'll bring more information on that here and tag everybody when that starts.

@ruizaio I would totally be up for that, sign me up! If that set also comes with deleted scenes, I am definitely willing to buy it! lhjhbB9.gif

• Like 17