[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

5 minutes ago, imposs90 said:

Actually I see them both at the same time ( nr 3. ) ( Dramacool's version and Drama fire version)

What is different is the struggle for the kiss. WS pulls back because he notices Hae Soo crying and looks at her face after with a gaze that he over did it.

I have to admit I don't know which version is which. The length is somehow 15 seconds difference. My conclusion is that the lesser scenes the longer the dialogues. More scenes less dialogues.

It's very simple, SBS Korean version has SBS logo on top right, if u dun see that, chances are it's the international version.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, jerboa83 said:

Heart-break... :confounded: :bawling: :cold_sweat: He must be in shock.

The more I see it, the more my heart breaks for him in every way possible. He's too good, his voice, his eyes.  

"Don't tell me to leave" :heartbreak:

"Don't say I'm bad luck":tears:

"You shouldn't do that":cry:

Why don't you just rip my heart out and pour acid while your at it and end me at that moment. Its way better than seeing him in that state, pleading with his eyes and voice.:bawling:

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Gabi Bros said:

Hae Soo is not in her right mind. I hope she realizes it once the panic attacks end, and apologize.  

i agree with you. THIS !

I understand why she's freaking out because of Wang So and her premonition that brought her scared like that but she didn't know that her treat him like that would lead him get hurt and it would mislead him.

i already watched the episode with subs but i could not say anymore again because i am not really sure when this love story will start if Wang Soo is still on one sided love with Hae Soo meanwhile she's still on love birds with Wookie. I realized where Yeon Hwa said about the advantage to be the one that King trusted, it already written on his face that he needs that position although he hid it very well with his nice guy things. i like wookie but that scene where he and Yeon Hwa were talking under the rain was the turning point for me to realize that Wookie already changed. Who knows this nice guy would turn bad ? We'll see.

• Like 11

6 hours ago, blue003 said:

Hi...I have been following all your posts... So many new insights...Thanks everyone...:blush:

Do you think that maybe just maybe WS was only helping the 10th prince to pass away swiftly? It could be that someone else attacked him and WS was only helping to relieve the 10th prince's pain?

Yes, I think it could all be a misunderstanding. Soo's flashes are short and not very detailed. It's the writer's way if wetting our appetite 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Khoo Ambert said:

Does anyone knows where is the filming location where Junki and IU looked out from a doorway, with cherry blossoms beside it and overlooking a lake? It is the same picture of the OST Part 4 singles...

U can click the link in my signature for all the locations. If u access via a pc/tablet u can see my signatures

• Like 3

i think HS already know there is no chance with WW.. when she said 'our path maybe won't cross again'.. maybe because she already see how palace work that's why she can said that there is no chance she will be together with WW.. its just something that she know deep down in her heart and its breaking her.. the only chance for her to get out maybe not going to work and now she stuck.. HS is someone who will do anything even extreme one to survive so i don't feel weird that she will break off with WW in order to get out from palace with WS..

i think when WS drink the poison HS will have 2 thing in her mind.. 

1.. WS willing to die on behalf of her.. this one going to change how HS think about him when she see the glimpse of future.. someone that cruel won't sacrifice himself just because of lady maid in palace.. whoever KG are in future is not WS that she knew.. 

2. HS will help WS.. staying with him might have better chance to change the future rather than left him.. maybe HS will stay out of gratitude and with hope that he will not became someone that she saw in that glimpse...

its just she staying with WS mean she will fall in love with WS.. i think she will be heartbroken about WW and there WS who love her so much that will slowly open her heart more for him.. HS already have something for WS this one i can be sure she just need a time alone with that guy to recognize it..

i kinda curious about ep 11 when IU said its going to be fun.. what so fun about it cause we get the dark twisted eps 10..

i think maybe WS and HS will get out from palace and have a little time together.. oh maybe the masked kiss next week??? but i think its an eps focused on our OTP....

• Like 24

There is something I'm puzzled about. When Soo was talking to Ji Mong and he was asking her, she contained all her thoughts in her mind. She didn't say them out loud and looks like she was questioning herself throughout the first half of the episode. Why wouldn't she do the same when talking to Wook? 

Also I noticed that in one of the versions she has two visions. A first vision is shorter, there is a pause in between and then a second vision is longer. 

I also noticed that Eun's wife was lying before WS slashed Eun with the sword, however he had two arrows in his body. It seemed that WS's laughter was more like a hysterical laughter full of pain to end something.

I may be wrong.

PS: Is there any difference in meaning between you are my person and you belong to me?  

• Like 14

5 hours ago, solelylurking said:

Well that's ok to have different opinion. I still not on the same page as seeing HS as a toy to Wook but I respect your opinion. From my point of view. Sense of belonging is a part of love. If my man thinks it's ok that I stay, comforted, cared, and in the end gets taken away, than he must be crazy and not love me. Not all love happen just from one look or one night. There is love that grew from thinking he/she is in my squad/family too. 

About the ending.. I would love it ended with Wook as the lead in this drama (Romeo is the lead in his story) eventhough it was ended by death (they just have to make sure it goes as beautiful as Romeo+Juliette). But Wook is not the lead. WS is. Can that man get a break and a happy ending after all the bad things happen in his life?

@solelylurking  My humble friend This is what makes the forum all the more fun is repecting other opinion I do understand your point of views.. Even though both have different outlooks on WW.. But I do agree with you if the Romeo and Juilette ending happens I perfer it to be her and WW since it's a forbidden love..

Not bad guy's only 6 pages to read  

• Like 10

6 hours ago, violet90 said:

i need to stop watching the kiss scene tbh.. it make me thinking that what if there is a bed scene (i know is not going to go full mode) but at least i know that our OTP going to make it hot!!! LOL

Actually the Chinese word for bed sounds the same as boat.heehee. so that bed/boat scene has occurred because they were both lying down and the way they look at each other was like....this sure is some compromising position....

Thks to @junee22 pointing out that SBS k version has an extra make up scene. Need to go check that out. Hs does his makeup everyday? Haha

Am so afraid this show will go down the line of Empress Kind. That show affected my life for a whole year in 2014!

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, violet90 said:

i think HS already know there is no chance with WW.. when she said 'our path maybe won't cross again'.. maybe because she already see how palace work that's why she can said that there is no chance she will be together with WW.. its just something that she know deep down in her heart and its breaking her.. the only chance for her to get out maybe not going to work and now she stuck.. HS is someone who will do anything even extreme one to survive so i don't feel weird that she will break off with WW in order to get out from palace with WS..

i think when WS drink the poison HS will have 2 thing in her mind.. 

1.. WS willing to die on behalf of her.. this one going to change how HS think about him when she see the glimpse of future.. someone that cruel won't sacrifice himself just because of lady maid in palace.. whoever KG are in future is not WS that she knew.. 

2. HS will help WS.. staying with him might have better chance to change the future rather than left him.. maybe HS will stay out of gratitude and with hope that he will not became someone that she saw in that glimpse...

its just she staying with WS mean she will fall in love with WS.. i think she will be heartbroken about WW and there WS who love her so much that will slowly open her heart more for him.. HS already have something for WS this one i can be sure she just need a time alone with that guy to recognize it..

i kinda curious about ep 11 when IU said its going to be fun.. what so fun about it cause we get the dark twisted eps 10..

i think maybe WS and HS will get out from palace and have a little time together.. oh maybe the masked kiss next week??? but i think its an eps focused on our OTP....

i didnt see and wont see episode 11 is gonna be fun because we already accepted this drama is remaining dark and darker here there and everywhere. Even the cruel person would start wavering if he starts to fall in love. Just like i have said, Wang So has did a great evolution in controlling his anger for not killing each other. He starts to forgive people but i dont understand why this writer makes Wang So looks like he doesn't deserve a happiness. once he got one bunch of happiness, he got three dozen of shoot and sorrow. what kind of sorcery is this writernim ?

tumblr_odtvnpRYFM1s8t96qo6_r1_400.png

This cinnamon roll needs love :(

• Like 12

1 minute ago, valsava said:

@solelylurking  My humble friend This is what makes the forum all the more fun is repecting other opinion I do understand your point of views.. Even though both have different outlooks on WW.. But I do agree with you if the Romeo and Juilette ending happens I perfer it to be her and WW since it's a forbidden love..

Not bad guy's only 6 pages to read  

actually in BBJX Ruoxi ask 13th to give 8th a poison to suicide cause its much better rather than die in prison cause he not getting out... its Ruoxi last wish tbh and i can see the parallel with Romeo and Juilette cause both of them die but not because they love each other.. Ruoxi die because of her heartbroken and her body can't take it anymore and 8th dies because against 4th...

@ruzikie 

i know that's why i curious.. IU specifically said in her fanmeeting that eps 11 is a fun eps... when she said like that mean something going to happen in eps 11 my bet is the turning point of our OTP....

• Like 10

NO TURNING BACK

bbks9_5

Soo warns Wook to be careful of So – crossing him will cause heads to roll. But now, everyone is wary of So since he has gained the favour of the king and the citizens. But So, while quietly revelling in this newfound favour, has hardened against Yo and his mother. To Soo, he wears his heart on his sleeve and believes that haviing her by his side will enable him to achieve greater things.

To make life easier, I’ll review based on the Korean version since it seems to be the better cut of the two. Missing scenes from the international version: Soo putting on makeup for So and Eun’s unconsummated wedding night. What did the international version did get that the Korean one didn’t was from a longer cut of the kissing scene at the end which showed Soo’s ebbing resistance against So’s hungry kiss…after which she came to her senses and pulled back.

So it pours and So becomes an overnight hero, both in his father’s eyes and the citizens. Baek Ah is delighted that the heavens have shown favour on So and cheerily warns his siblings they shouldn’t treat So bad from now on. So is revelled by the citizens and Soo wonders whether she bizarrely changed So’s fate and set his course to become king. So’s sense of naïve wonder at the outpouring of respect from the citizens tugs at her my heart…or maybe it’s just Lee Jun Ki tugging my heartstrings. HEH.

Yo gets ripped through my his mom for letting So lead the rain ceremony, snapping that Yo has to be king in order for her to be Empress Dowager. Man…this woman is toxic. Even Yo is disgusted that his mom truly has her own interests at heart.

Meanwhile, So and the king reconcile, with So calling the older man, “Father”. Aishshhhh… the look of yearning on So’s face when he mutters that and his unconcealed joy when his father compliments him, urging him to stand brave in public from now on and support the Crown Prince. So apologises for taking the Crown Prince’s place in the ceremony but the latter brushes off the apology, saying there was no way he could have reached home in time because he was waylaid by bandits.

bbks9_1

Spoiler

Wook shares that since it did rain, the king would allow select palace maids to return home. But Soo isn’t really listening as she is too busy fretting whether she had something wrong – or unwittingly changed the course of history by dabbing BB cream to cover So’s scar. She rushes off to find Ji Mong who is unable to give her a straight answer.

Yeonhwa is musing that now So has the king’s favour, they should be wary of him. Wook thinks So deserves as much, considering how he has led his life thus far. But a detached look flits across his features as he opines that he is sure he has a place in this world…and he’s curious to know what he is. There’s something in his expression that gives me the chills. It’s as if he is a sleeping dragon awakening.

bbks9_2

Soo is still going nuts thinking of what she did when So pops up and gives her a quick hug. She shrinks from him and stutters that she didn’t mean anything rude just that he startled her. So is relaxed and smiling, which is really the first time we see him like this. He relates what happened with the king and how he called him “Father” for the first time and how the older man had looked him in the eye for the first time in years. He humbly relishes how everyone is wishing him well instead of cursing him – thanks to Soo and her handiwork. He figures he will live his life supporting the Crown Prince the best he can.

bbks9_3

bbks9_4

So is being so sweet that Soo wonders how someone like him could be so vicious and ruthless later. Soo skittishly reminds So to control his anger no matter furious he is and assures him that everyone will like him from now on…So teases her for being a nag and extends his hand out to play with the rain, while sighing in contentment, ” This feels good.” Awwwww…his childish naivety here is stirring. Soo is enthralled by him, and is determined that she’ll do what she can to make sure no one gets hurt.

bbks9_7

bbks9_8

Eun gets betrothed to Soon Deok. The king acknowledges So’s contribution and offers to reward him anything he wants. To Soo and Wook’s horror, So requests that Soo serves him. Arghhhhh. I’m reminded that So has no idea that Soo and Wook are in love and if my memory serves me well, neither did his Chinese counterpart in the original version. In the Chinese version, 4th Prince finds out only much later and was furious that Ruo Xi loved 8th Prince so much then that she warned him against 4th Prince. Anyway, back to the Korean version. The king agrees to let Soo serve So and even promotes her.

Because of Eun’s wedding, the king isn’t letting palace maids return home this time. Wook assures Soo that there will always be a next time but Soo isn’t so sure, sensing her time with Wook is coming to an end. Lady Oh warns Soo to stay away from So if she is not prepared to accept his feelings for her. He has always been unloved and learned about love through her…so he isn’t going to be easy to shake off unless she stands her ground. Soo suggests that she may be able to change So but Lady Oh begs to differ: it is hard to change people because people, in essence, do not change.

Soo applies makeup for So and suggests he learns to apply it himself as it is more convenient that way. She even gives him skin care tips. She is rather subdued throughout, which confuses So a little. Fortunately, Lady Oh interrupts them and cast a knowing look at So as he gazes indulgently at Soo.

bbks9_9

The princes celebrate Eun’s wedding and Soo watches the brothers fondly until she gets another vision of Eun and his wife being murdered by So, who laughs manically while doing so. Yikes. I hope it is just her imagination influencing her hallucinations ala visions. The sight of So frightens her and she runs off. Wook notices and goes after her.

bbks9_10

bbks9_11

Soo is a shivering mess and when Wook comes to her, she warns him in a terrified manner, ” Be careful of Wang So. Avoid him and don’t try to stop him. If you do…everyone will die.” Wook is stunned at her words and Soo stammers that she wants to leave the palace…as far away as possible. Wook gathers her in his arms and promises he’ll do that for her. But he mulls over her words later, wondering why he has to be careful with So.

The king sends Yo to the border – a dangerous place – and puts So in Yo’s current position as head of army supplies. The next thing we know, So is invited to dine with his birth mother and blood brothers for a “family” meal. Yo and his mom are sickly sweet while Jung seems genuinely happy they are having a meal together.

So finds out soon enough why he was invited to dinner – Yo and mom want him to kill the Crown Prince since he would be working closely with latter. This way, Yo can become king. GAH. So warped, this mother and son. Even the usually clueless Jung senses something is just so wrong about the whole thing. So drawls that he can kill the Crown Prince, on one condition – if mom wants so much to be the Empress Dowager, So can become king instead and she’ll still be able to hold that rank. If he becomes king, he promises not to kill Yo and Jung. She ridicules him and snorts that he was being made used by the king as a sacrificial lamb to save the Crown Prince in the event it had not rained.

bbks9_12

So corrects her – he offered himself. Plus, he would rather not be invited to any more family meals. He stalks off. Yo comments that So is indeed hard to win over – like they even tried – and they should just kill him. Jung is upset that the family meal was ruined and they had the cheek to ask So to kill for them while at it. He leaves in a huff.

bbks9_13

So wanders around moodily and heads to Soo’s quarters but doesn’t seek her out. Soo is still hyperventilating and decides to go out for a breath of fresh air. Lee Hi’s solo is playing here… perfect!!! Instead, she bumps into So and makes a dash for it but he pulls her into a back hug, pleading for her to stay with him as he just wants to rest a bit.

bbks9_14

But she pushes him away and rails that she finds him scary. Yo is rattled and reminds her that she had stated earlier that she was not scared of him. Soo prattles that she thought she could change him but she figures now that he is going to ruin everything. She screams at him to leave the palace and stay away as far as possible. OUCH. So’s hurt and disbelief.

bbks9_15

So: You can’t say this to me! Don’t push me away, don’t ask me to leave. Don’t call me a beast. You can’t do this to me. Because you belong to me.

Soo: I don’t belong to you.

So: You are mine, you belong to me! Without my permission, you can’t leave me or die. You are one hundred per cent mine.

He leans in and this time he kisses her with all the yearning inside him. In the international version, Soo fights him at first but he keeps his lips locked on hers determinedly. She slowly starts to succumb but comes to her senses and pulls herself away.

bbks9_16

bbks9_17a

So is driven by his yearning for acceptance and love from those around him, things that he has been starved of since he was struck with the scar. If that means being king, so be it. He doesn’t actually want to be king at the moment though he toys detachedly with the idea but I do think that once his brothers start plotting against him, he has to become king to save his own life.

Thought Kang Ha Neul did very well in that scene where he was musing aloud about his place in the world…if he isn’t meant to be king, that is. He looked jaded and his eyes looked cold and detached. Maybe he was affected by Soo helping So…and maybe even wished he had been the one to lead the rain ceremony. As I said, So’s sudden shift in power has evoked something in Wook…if So could…why not him? A sleeping dragon…who is now stirring.

The last scene…I don’t think So was being possessive since I think he doesn’t even know how to be possessive in the first place being stripped of everything at such a young age. To him, Soo is akin to his lifeline. She enabled him to be accepted with his family, with society. Lady Oh was wise when she warned Soo not to play with So’s feelings – he has been so starved of love that he would cling on to her because she was the first person who treated him like a normal human being. He’s volatile and unpredictable because he has never experienced human affection and does not know how to react when it is being snatched from him.

So keeps saying “You’re mine” so desperately because he could never call anything his own until now – no family, no friends, no precious possessions. Soo has been his friend, his confidante, his supporter. At this point in time, she is everything to him. But inwardly, he is crying out for her to want to want him, to want to have him belong to her.

Now on a superficial note… is it me or does LJK’s voice sound extra sexy in this drama??? He always had a nice voice but there’s this lovely depth and tone to So Speak. I admit I was staring at his chiselled jawline during the kiss more than the kiss itself. Hahahaha. Like how I was so mesmerised by Lee Min Ho’s jaw when he kissed Kim Hee Sun in Faith. I had to stop myself from screen-capping LJK at every second. He just looks so bloody gorgeous.

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/no-turning-back/

• Like 13

51 minutes ago, briseis said:

THE MYSTERIES OF TIME TRAVEL

After episode 9 I’ve re-evaluated my assumptions about Hae Soo’s visions and her part in the history. For the record, the real Gwangjong had 24 brothers and he killed only one of them. It was his half-brother Won, the 9th Princebecause he plotted against him, comitting treason. Which is rather underwhelming on the fratricide front. Eun was executed on Yo’s order after he accused  Eun’s grandfather of treason. THEREFORE THERE ARE TWO POSSIBILITIES

1. Hae Soo’s knowledge of history is distorted (each historian tells his won story about history) and limited and her memory is hazy (it’s not so long ago when she still thought Gwangjong was the 2nd Goryeo king)
  2. Or she comes from an alternative universe/future where Gwangjong is known as much worse ruler than he in reality truly was

In both cases, SHE IS CREATING HISTORY, INFLUENCING ITS FLOW, but if the second option is true SHE WOULD END UP CHANGING IT AS WELL, making Gwangjong into the powerful and enlightened monarch he is known today. There are pros and cons for each possibility. Someone might argue thatthe visions are the history without her in it, a history that she didn’t influence - but as you can see in all her visions WS’S SCAR IS INVISIBLE - MEANING SHE MUST HAVE BEEN THERE. What I find personally most likely is that while all those visions might come true in the future and they are indeed prophetic, SHE MIGHT BE INTERPRETING THEM INCORRECTLY BECAUSE THEY ARE ONLY FLASHES PULLED OUT OF CONTEXT AND BECAUSE HER KNOWLEDGE OF HISTORY IS, ONE WAY OR ANOTHER, LIMITED (there is no way historians would be able to know the whole truth about Gwangjong and his actions and his motives). What if the image of ruthless Gwangjong in the king’s robes is from the time AFTER SHE DIED? 

The vision of Eun’s death seems damning enough, but NOTICE THE DETAILS. NOTICE THE SOLDIER LYING ON THE FLOOR - HE WAS KILLED BY SOMEONE, AND ALL THE SOLDIERS SEEM TO POINT THEIR SWORDS TOWARDS WANG SO. EUN IS PIERCED BY MANY ARROWS AND HE MUST BE SUFFERING. WHAT IF WANG SO IS GIVING HIM A MERCIFUL DEATH? EUN HAS SMILE ON HIS FACE WHEN HE LOOKS AT SD - WHAT IF HE ASKED HIS BROTHER TO KILL HIM SO HE CAN FOLLOW HIS BELOVED WIFE IN DEATH, SO SHE WOULDN’T BE ALONE IN THE AFTERLIFE FOR LONG? WHAT IF SO’S MAD LAUGHTER IS THE MAD, DESPERATE LAUGHTER OF A MAN WHO HAD TO KILL HIS OWN BROTHER BECAUSE HE WAS POWERLESS TO SAVE HIM? WHAT IF THERE ARE TEARS IN HIS EYES WHILE HE LAUGHS?

In the novel, no matter what RX did - whether she tried to be inconspicious or actively sought to change history - the result was always the same - HISTORY DID NOT CHANGE. For HS, these vision might be similar to Anakin Skywalker’s horrific visions of his wife’s death - he tried so hard to prevent them from happening that in the end it was those very actions which made those events come to pass. If she won’t be careful, it might happen to her as well.

PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES 

My thoughts exactly. Thank you for supporting the arguments with the photos. Hae Soo looks at things out of context. I am puzzled that after such a long time, going through so many hardships, she lost the ability to think. If we compare the death threats she experienced in person from WS with her visions of the future, how come she was so composed before? 

She is a person that doesn't react immediately when she is in shock. Her eyes open wide but she doesn't utter any words or sounds until she is alone. I still don't understand her reaction in this episode.

• Like 12

Hi all 

I forgot my first account email and pass so i just being silent reader. But i cant wait anylonger, then i made a new account (fool me, i think name is just a name not username, i just want become anonymous, hehehe, sorry)

I just want to share my opinion about HS, i think she is just too much recalling a history and tracking (try to remember) about "who is gwangjong that will kill his bros? And who will br killed?!". Then the vision come becouse of it.

Remember? When we overthink something a thing can become more big or worse or over?! And it will become real !.

And i understand why HS was that afraid and stressed over the "killing bros thing", becouse she is a 21st century girl soul. She must realise it soon! that's Goryeo era, killing, power, bloodshed to the throne etc is not a new kind.

Wow, this show is so much to say. Complicated !

*sorry my english too bad.

• Like 8

Wow. I usually take issue with some of the articles generated by Allkpop, BUT this one really surprises me. The author actually LOVES our drama.

[Drama Review] 'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo' - Episode 8

By eric_r_wirsing    4 hours ago    5,472    883    2
IU-lee-jun-ki-zhera_1474400114_af_org.jp
What I can't figure out is how they keep it all intact and watchable. We've got princes who have different motives (and fight, as siblings do), a woman thrown back in time who ends up with a prince and needs to stop one from becoming the killerGwangjong, a scheming queen, a king who's ready to crown a new one, all tangled up with personal subplots and one-time events, all hurtling headlong toward the end. Usually, there's something that falls apart by now...
But it hasn't. And I think that's the thing. It's hard to say enough about this drama without fairly gushing. It ranks up there with 'Doctors' and 'Descendants of the Sun,' and that's saying something. I'm not a huge saeguk fan, but this isn't purely a saeguk; more of a fantasy. Maybe that's why I like it, is because there are still things I can relate to, without the need for nonstop action.

But enough of my ramblings. What do you guys think?

Score:

Plot........................7
Performance.........8
Pacing...................7

OVERALL............7.3 

Click here for the full article.

• Like 10