[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

33 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

If my fear is right Mother tried to kill WS years ago and CP rescued him. If my fear is right she tried to get rid of the Mistake she made and if my theory is right HS touch WS so much because he knows her words so well... is it a sin to wish to live... I believe thats what he said in the past when Queen told him it is better to die than to live with a scar and be a shame of the Family.

Just my wild imagination - but for some reason it stays in my mind. We know CP rescued So 15 years ago...

So maybe when Mother could not kill him to let her sin vanish - she found the way to send him away and because it was for the protection of the kingdom she could make King agree to it. He feels guilty but I don´t think King hates So too.

This show is like Mildred Pierce reversed. We have the crappiest mother on planet earth in the place of the crappiest daughter like Veda. And Mildred switched places with Wang So.

I hope she gets her due in time. No forgiveness for that shitty lady.

• Like 4

Why are people still trying to find Ruoxi in Haesoo? 1. They have different personalities, 2. They didn't have even the same knowledge of history. Haesoo's history knowledge is limited...she don't know who will be the next emperor and that was something Ruoxi knew since the start. Haesoo is still immature, that was said earlier in her character description...she will gradually mature and become stronger. But being stronger doesn't made her Ruoxi, she will be stronger in her own way.

Is like comparing the comedian girl of the C-movie of Scarlet Heart with Ruoxi of the C-drama/novel. That movie was also an adaptation.  Again, different personalities...different feel to the story. 

Bubujinxin Movie leading lady:

Spoiler

MAIN201505121055000318365536857.jpg

EDIT: Sorry to talk about the other dramas....I don't want to create off-topic but I had to say this. Again...sorry. :mellow: 

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

Why are people still trying to find Ruoxi in Haesoo? 1. They have different personalities, 2. They didn't have even the same knowledge of history. Haesoo knowledge is limited...she don't know the name of the next emperors and that was something Ruoxi knew since the start.

Is like comparing the comedian girl of the C-movie of Scarlet Heart with Ruoxi of the C-drama/novel. That movie was also an adaptation.  Again, different personalities...different feel to the story. 

Bubujinxin Movie leading lady:

Right - and Ruoxi was the troublemaker before and changed to become a Lady - in our Case Hae Soo is the Troublemaker... :) And we can go on like this. All personalities from the Princes... okay not Ten - are so different. The Deathseeking 13 was never the Artist and CP was so different too... Not even speaking about WS...  So - why? I don´t like it at all...

I will just enjoy my new favourite Drama - and I try to bare the negative comments - but I really don´t like them.

• Like 14

I liked this forum better when people weren't so sensitive to negative comments to the point of asking members to stay away. Different people watch with different expectations. I guess you can speak only if you love it or forever hold you silence. So be it, goodbye. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

Why are people still trying to find Ruoxi in Haesoo? 1. They have different personalities, 2. They didn't have even the same knowledge of history. Haesoo's history knowledge is limited...she don't know who will be the next emperor and that was something Ruoxi knew since the start. Haesoo is still immature, that was said earlier in her character description...she will gradually mature and become stronger. But being stronger doesn't made her Ruoxi, she will be stronger in her own way.

It's like, we're trying our best effort to try not to compare them. However, I guess its a human instinct that makes us immediately to start comparing. Even I still have difficulties from trying not to compare the two, but I still know the boundary line that this is an adaption not a remake. So I do apologize for me and for everyone who might've criticized Hae Soo a little to harsh. Nevertheless, I still do and will want to enjoy Scarlet Heart:Ryeo. :D

• Like 13

Is good express an opinion about something we like or not, that's part of our nature, but remember that there are those like me who didn't watch the other version and want to enjoy MLSHR without feeling tempted to look something from the other one, specially about the acting which by the way I have no complaints with the k-version.

• Like 18

Hello everbody.I am sorry for my poor English,even so I would like to share my thoughts about the drama.First of all,I must say I really love it.In general,I like historical dramas,but this drama is kinda different.It is pretty epic and beautiful at the same time.The cinematography is wonderful.All actors and actresses are doing good job.Especially, Lee Joon Ki.When I watch him in the drama, I feel I am watching Wang So himself.IU also acts well.In my opinion,she doesnt deserve all those negative comments.But of couse this is just my personal opinion.

Among all princes, my favourite one is Wang So.Maybe he is evil,rude,villain,but I feel sorry for him.His mother is unfairly harsh to him.How a mother can be so rude to her own child? He was just a little innocent child when she hurt him and made those scars in his face.He is a real prince.His father is king and mother is queen.But everbody treats him like a dog as he said himself. If I were him,maybe I also become so cruel and merciless.He has a serious trauma. 

In these 3 episodes, the most impressive scene for me was when he came to see her mother after 2 years and wanted to give her a gift.But his younger brother got ahead and he couldnt even show his gift.His face expression and the playing music at that scene really saddened me.Though his mother is a terrible woman, I think he loves her.I believe he killed all assasins and the monk for his mother, because he didnt want her to be accused.

Also, I ship Hae Soo and Wang So. Wang Wook is a nice guy,but I guess I like bad boys.LOL 

• Like 19

Finally I have watched first three episodes of MLSHR. I decided to watch ep 1-3 before I write something in here because if I write just after I watched ep 1 maybe I just write all bad things lol. I haven’t read all posts in here so please bear with my post because is so full of critics and not good things and maybe redundant with previous posts. And I really hope I will never write again these all bad things for next eps..

So MLSHR turn-out to be very pretty but quite empty. Cinematography is great but editing is so choppy and jarring. The most terrible thing is BGM and OST. They are so misplaced and so unfit with scenes. I was literally pulled-out my hair in frustration every time I hear the OST. I love the OST as individual song but when they inserted randomly on scene, oh that was so bad. BGM also great as individual pieces but they really unfit with certain scene and overused. Who is music director?? He/She is the real criminal in here lol. The editing also not good. The transition between scene is so jarring. I’m sorry if I sound so technical in here. I rarely complain about this in drama I watch, but these things are so obvious and makes me as viewer feel uncomfortable.

For acting, this is full of awkward and cringeworthy acting especially the princes but except for three main leads, IU, LJK, and KHN. For me, those 3 leads are good, especially LJK, he owns his character already. The younger princes’s acting is the worst esp Baek, NJH, YSW and Jisoo. They are so bad, moreover for first 3 eps they are only served as comic characters. Such a shame!

Story is pretty interesting. This is not exact replica adaption so I understand the difference. But I invested in story already. Esp, the story of our main lead, Wang So. Ahh, this so heartful and heartwrencing. My heart hurt for him. LJK as Wang So really great potrayed his character who was abandoned by his own mother and was feared by his own brothers. And aww..when he smiled watching 10th and 14th make fun to each other.

Okay, so maybe some of you already knew that one of reason I watch this drama is Jisoo. So I’m going to write about his charater and his acting. I will put in spoiler tag because maybe some of part will be slightly off topic.

Spoiler

I think, the thing which makes me more frustrated watching first 3 eps of MLSHR is because of Jisoo. How do you feel when you watch drama because of your favorite actor, he was known with his great acting skill in his previous dramas but turn out in this he is just bad?? Yes, for me, in first 3 eps, Jisoo is so BAD. He is so awkward and cringeworthy. For the first time I want to fast forwarding all his scenes. I felt like I was watching his character in Page Turner, Cha Sik, in Goryeo version, but this is an awkward and cringe version. If you already watch PT you know that Cha Sik is not awkward and cringe, he’s cute in good way. But Wang Jung is just cute, but in bad way. I already read comments on Dramabeans recap ep 1 and all who mentioned Jisoo said that he is bad and I agree and actually is not just me who felt that wang jung is like cha sik because some people said the same thing lol. It seems that jisoo brings his character in PT to MLSHR but failed. I don’t know what’s wrong, the way jisoo interpreted the character, or maybe wang jung was written like that or directing or whatever I don’t know. Such a shame that SWnim writes 14th prince just as comic character because the original in novel is not like that at all. I know I know this is only beginning, and the character description hints that wang jung will through a character development in later eps. But, look how SW and PDnim (and Jisoo) treat 14th character in first 3 eps like that, I don’t have much hope. 14th prince is my favorite character in novel (and Tong Hua’s favorite as well!!) so I really disappointed with his character direction so far. I know this is not exact replica adaption just like I said before, but can SWnim write the new 14th prince as good as the original?? So, I really hope I will never write this part at the end drama later, but let me express this now:

“SWnim, PDnim (and Jisoo)..you all ruined 14th prince character for me..”

So, Jisoo’s performance in first 3 eps showed that maybe he is not suit in sageuk drama (yet). Now I know, that Jisoo is still very depend to good script and directing. He hasn’t reach a level when he can act good no matter terrible script and or directing and or drama production. He still needs learn a lot of things. See, people, Jisoo is not lead material yet. His time as lead is still long, I think. (I’m sorry I write this because I always read /literally/ all said that Jisoo deserves get 1st main lead already, for me, he is not ready as lead yet, and I’m big fan of Jisoo :p). For people who complained that he is in everything lately (he was in Doctors, drama before MLSHR and he also act in JTBC drama FantastiC and will premiere next Friday), please let him takes a lot of roles and characters, even though only as supporting. He can learn a lot from his sunbaes, PD and or his co-star.

Ep 3 definitely better than first 2 eps and I heard they will also re-edit first 3 eps, so there is a hope they will re-edit all next episodes. Sorry If my post sounds so negative. But I just want this drama gets better. Now even I don't really care about ratings. Some of my all time favorite drama got low ratings but also got great review. I just want for next eps, MLSHR will get good review and respons from viewers. Fighting!!!

• Like 16

16 hours ago, ahriev said:

That's exactly what I feel. I feel very curious about him but untul Ep 3 the information about him is soo minimum (even when we compare to other Princes, he is the vilain right?)...

yes, i think 3rd prince Yo is the villain. yeah, i want more information on him. but his relationship with his mother is soooo interesting. i feel vibe of oedipus complex. 

• Like 15

12 minutes ago, louisawatson said:

yes, i think he's the villain. yeah, i want more information on him. but his relationship with his mother is soooo interesting. i feel vibe of oedipus complex. 

It´s the evil Twin from the Guy who was on RM right... the laughing Guy and him - not the same Person... I just found out in RM that I really like the Actor. And i knew I will hate him just the next Day for his character he plays. I was right... I love to see him in wordbattles with So. And yes - his relationship with his mother is interesting and so wrong. He will do what she says... she is trained to be like that. Since young I believe she made him thinking he has to become the King and he must do cruel tings to get the throne - it has to be his place.

Maybe he could become a better Person if he grows up on a different place too.

• Like 11

12 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Ahhh - I just love this Lines!!!

War is already open from the Start...

I was literally just thinking about how I forgot to mention how much I loved those two lines and here they are! ^^

9 hours ago, uuugogirl said:

Did you notice Wang So's face when he saw the assassin cut Haesoo's neck, it really scared the hell out of him, his face expression was full of shock and fear (which we'd never seen before in his previous scenes) before he put the "bad-boy-mask" on again, the heart already wanted what it wanted while the bad-boy mind still tried to stay cool & calm :D

I LOVED the subtlety in the way Lee Joon Gi handled the facial expressions in that scene, right down to his hesitant and risky bluff. It was so perfect and it makes me all the more firm in my belief that Wang So isn't all that bad to the core. Not just from the wounded way he interacts with the family that outcasts him and the way he protects himself from his "adoptive family," but from the way he doesn't actually hurt anyone without reason.

Yes, he kills, but with a purpose. Anyone who was evil just for the sake of being evil wouldn't have prevented a random woman from falling into the water or be concerned for her life when held at sword point. And I mean, yes, he threw her off a horse, but I think he just didn't want her to continue staring at him (or his face) with those wide eyes anymore due to his own insecurities about that. Plus, he DID stop the horse for her to get off, but she didn't move. LOL.

He always says he's going to kill her, but he doesn't. He's all bark, but no bite - at least, where Hae Soo is concerned and, as I suspect, towards anyone who hasn't really given him a good reason to kill them. He gives her chance and chance again to make it out alive in every situation. "Forget me." "Forget that man in the forest." And then conceals that chance with a threat for extra effect. The rumors that he kills anyone who sees his scars is also just that - a rumor. There's no confirmation about that and, honestly, I don't think there will be. lol.

9 hours ago, dhia205 said:

by the way.. i haven't have a time to back read so i'm sorry if somebody already ask this, but i don't get why 4th kill all the assassin and monk alone? since CP also go to that place why don't they just fight them together? or just because he wanna know whether her mom the crazy queen is a man or lady behind all of this or not?:huh:

Because Wang So knows Wang Yo and his mother is the leader behind the assassins, but no one else does. If he works together with CP and Ji Mong, he risks letting them figure it out too, which would mean dire repercussions for his mother and brother. In a way, he was protecting family - even if they wouldn't do the same for him.

4 hours ago, meahri_1 said:

SBS drama head supporting Lee Jieun (IU). NICE!

THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING!! Thank you, SBS sunbae-nim, for sticking up for IU!

~~~~~~

Whew, all caught up! ^^

• Like 19

17 minutes ago, louisawatson said:

yes, i think he's the villain. yeah, i want more information on him. but his relationship with his mother is soooo interesting. i feel vibe of oedipus complex. 

I didn't know what you mean by "oedipus", so I went and Googled it, and it was definitely not a let down. I learn something new everyday. hahahahahha :lol:

• Like 12

A belated hello to all who have joined or rejoined us after a passage of time and Welcome to those who previously lurked!! 

Welcome to the party.. Party

A huggle to all my Chungus... adding comments, photos and observations! Love them!

I am so happy over the international response...no wait....happy isn't strong enough....OMG ....I'm.grinning like a fool...

yes that's me on the ground.... Rofl    (the happy dance just didn't seem to have enough emphasis)  :lol:

My favorite scenes so far...well all the scenes of Joon and his devastatingly sexy bad assery.

but after that...

...the boys in the bath house...(drool)

..the fight between IU (Haesoo) and Baekhyon (10th prince)..    (funny and adorable)

...Kang's (8th prince) break in... (masculine and protective)

...the hateful momma (Madame Hae) in the tub  (what a great villian)

....IU ( Haesoon) crying on the ground in the forest  (so realistic what guy wouldn't get all smooshy)

...Kang's (8th Prince) reaction when he suspects Hong.(3rd Prince) of attacking the Crown Prince  (Mwahahhahhh)

I so can't wait for Episode 4...bring it on...I have my defibrillator ready and my bucket by my side... Emoticon 0136 Giggle

• Like 15

43 minutes ago, fleurofjasmine said:

Finally I have watched first three episodes of MLSHR. I decided to watch ep 1-3 before I write something in here because if I write just after I watched ep 1 maybe I just write all bad things lol. I haven’t read all posts in here so please bear with my post because is so full of critics and not good things and maybe redundant with previous posts. And I really hope I will never write again these all bad things for next eps..

So MLSHR turn-out to be very pretty but quite empty. Cinematography is great but editing is so choppy and jarring. The most terrible thing is BGM and OST. They are so misplaced and so unfit with scenes. I was literally pulled-out my hair in frustration every time I hear the OST. I love the OST as individual song but when they inserted randomly on scene, oh that was so bad. BGM also great as individual pieces but they really unfit with certain scene and overused. Who is music director?? He/She is the real criminal in here lol. The editing also not good. The transition between scene is so jarring. I’m sorry if I sound so technical in here. I rarely complain about this in drama I watch, but these things are so obvious and makes me as viewer feel uncomfortable.

For acting, this is full of awkward and cringeworthy acting especially the princes but except for three main leads, IU, LJK, and KHN. For me, those 3 leads are good, especially LJK, he owns his character already. The younger princes’s acting is the worst esp Baek, NJH, YSW and Jisoo. They are so bad, moreover for first 3 eps they are only served as comic characters. Such a shame!

Story is pretty interesting. This is not exact replica adaption so I understand the difference. But I invested in story already. Esp, the story of our main lead, Wang So. Ahh, this so heartful and heartwrencing. My heart hurt for him. LJK as Wang So really great potrayed his character who was abandoned by his own mother and was feared by his own brothers. And aww..when he smiled watching 10th and 14th make fun to each other.

Okay, so maybe some of you already knew that one of reason I watch this drama is Jisoo. So I’m going to write about his charater and his acting. I will put in spoiler tag because maybe some of part will be slightly off topic.

Hide contents

I think, the thing which makes me more frustrated watching first 3 eps of MLSHR is because of Jisoo. How do you feel when you watch drama because of your favorite actor, he was known with his great acting skill in his previous dramas but turn out in this he is just bad?? Yes, for me, in first 3 eps, Jisoo is so BAD. He is so awkward and cringeworthy. For the first time I want to fast forwarding all his scenes. I felt like I was watching his character in Page Turner, Cha Sik, in Goryeo version, but this is an awkward and cringe version. If you already watch PT you know that Cha Sik is not awkward and cringe, he’s cute in good way. But Wang Jung is just cute, but in bad way. I already read comments on Dramabeans recap ep 1 and all who mentioned Jisoo said that he is bad and I agree and actually is not just me who felt that wang jung is like cha sik because some people said the same thing lol. It seems that jisoo brings his character in PT to MLSHR but failed. I don’t know what’s wrong, the way jisoo interpreted the character, or maybe wang jung was written like that or directing or whatever I don’t know. Such a shame that SWnim writes 14th prince just as comic character because the original in novel is not like that at all. I know I know this is only beginning, and the character description hints that wang jung will through a character development in later eps. But, look how SW and PDnim (and Jisoo) treat 14th character in first 3 eps like that, I don’t have much hope. 14th prince is my favorite character in novel (and Tong Hua’s favorite as well!!) so I really disappointed with his character direction so far. I know this is not exact replica adaption just like I said before, but can SWnim write the new 14th prince as good as the original?? So, I really hope I will never write this part at the end drama later, but let me express this now:

“SWnim, PDnim (and Jisoo)..you all ruined 14th prince character for me..”

So, Jisoo’s performance in first 3 eps showed that maybe he is not suit in sageuk drama (yet). Now I know, that Jisoo is still very depend to good script and directing. He hasn’t reach a level when he can act good no matter terrible script and or directing and or drama production. He still needs learn a lot of things. See, people, Jisoo is not lead material yet. His time as lead is still long, I think. (I’m sorry I write this because I always read /literally/ all said that Jisoo deserves get 1st main lead already, for me, he is not ready as lead yet, and I’m big fan of Jisoo :p). For people who complained that he is in everything lately (he was in Doctors, drama before MLSHR and he also act in JTBC drama FantastiC and will premiere next Friday), please let him takes a lot of roles and characters, even though only as supporting. He can learn a lot from his sunbaes, PD and or his co-star.

Ep 3 definitely better than first 2 eps and I heard they will also re-edit first 3 eps, so there is a hope they will re-edit all next episodes. Sorry If my post sounds so negative. But I just want this drama gets better. Now even I don't really care about ratings. Some of my all time favorite drama got low ratings but also got great review. I just want for next eps, MLSHR will get good review and respons from viewers. Fighting!!!

your point here was good & totaly agree with u!!!!

i think,if this drama not pre-recorded, i mean live shoot, they sure can make this drama better & better & better from Episode 1 to 3. 

• Like 7

@fleurofjasmine  I will put this as hidden content...

Spoiler

About Jisoo...I understand you...I felt the same. I have no words... I don't know what happened to him because he is known for being a good actor and that's why I became a fan of him since Angry Mom, not because of his handsome face. I told to myself while watching Angry Mom: Wow! He don't feel like he is acting...he IS the character!!! That boy is really good!!!

You know I have seen all his dramas/series and the movie...and he was in all good. This time I can only defend IU because I really think she was good (except with the surprised faces and I have stated that here even being a fan of her). I am not of those blind fans that defend their bias no matter what so that's why I can't defend Jisoo. I have nothing positive to say. It's only that is difficult for me to talk negative about him...so, I remained silent. 

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, minmar said:

My favorite scenes so far...well all the scenes of Joon and his devastatingly sexy bad assery.

but after that...

...the boys in the bath house...(drool)

..the fight between IU (Haesoo) and Baekhyon (10th prince)..    (funny and adorable)

...Kang's (8th prince) break in... (masculine and protective)

...the hateful momma (Madame Hae) in the tub  (what a great villian)

....IU ( Haesoon) crying on the ground in the forest  (so realistic what guy wouldn't get all smooshy)

...Kang's (8th Prince) reaction when he suspects Hong.(3rd Prince) of attacking the Crown Prince  (Mwahahhahhh)

I so can't wait for Episode 4...bring it on...I have my defibrillator ready and my bucket by my side... Emoticon 0136 Giggle

My favorite scenes also include the fight between Hae Soo and Wang Eun, Hae Soo's bawling in the middle of the forest, and Wang Wook breaking into Hae Soo's room - but my favorite also includes the scene right before and right after it, where Hae Soo is huddled on the floor, scared to death, and trying to remember the history of Goryeo and then the vulnerability she displayed when Wang Wook slowly coaxed her into coming out.

Other favorite scenes of mine are when Ha Jin screams "Why does this always happen to meeeeeee?" as she jumps into the water to save the little boy, Wang So's martial arts and action scenes, the scene where Hae Soo splashes out of the water and practically scares the life out of Wang So, Wang Wook's little eyebrow twitch while he sighed when talking to Hae Soo in the library, Hae Soo putting Princess Yeon Hwa in her place for picking on her, and the scene where Hae Soo had to make glue and Wang Wook was unsure of how to react to and kept stuttering over his words. I also adore all the scenes where Ji Mong secretly flashes Wang So a supportive, happy, or uplifting grin. They're kind of cute together too. lol

• Like 11