[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

43 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

In the preview, we can hear Queen Hwangbo's voice: "If you want to take the throne, you must let go of other things." They probably agree to make Yeon Hwa queen, but they're not married yet in the crowning/inauguration scene. The wedding will probably take place after Wang So becomes king. 

Which, of course, is historically inaccurate. They should have gotten married before Wang Geon died. 

Yes. I have never watched a saeguk where a king ascending the throne without a queen. That was why I was so baffled why until now So has not marry Yeonhwa. Anyway, she is long overdue for that position (I think Kang Ha Na has great chemistry with Lee Joon Gi. Even that simple scene in episode 3 when she tended to So's wound, I could feel the subtle tension between them). I could get Yeonhwa's motive behind for assisting So with the coup since she has said that she wished not to become merely a princess - a king's daughter or a king's sister but Queen Hwangbo? So, she's turning her back on Wook since she knows how badly he wanted to become King, even willing to commit treason which she disapproved of. And So is committing treason by staging a coup.

• Like 10

I did the test too! I got Soon Deok...and Wang So. Pretty much expected..knowing my character. Soon Deok is one female character I could really relate to. I would not marry Eun though - hahaha! 

Just some thoughts on the next few episodes to get through the day. This is based on BBJX C version so do skip if you prefer not to compare the 2 shows.

Spoiler

In one of the later episodes of BBJX, RX and 4th prince had a tiff over the fact that he had to select a concubine to sleep with for the night. RX was really jealous and left to stay in her old room (when she used used to be a tea lady). There has to be a deal between Yeonhwa and So to avoid a bloodless battle - likely to be a marriage. So and Soo will be tested once again as So will marry Yeonhwa - only question is before or after Soo leaves the palace? With the possible pregnancy and Chae Ryeong's betrayal...there is no end to their troubles. 

The scene by the lake with the lanterns doesn't look like their usual hangout in the palace. The OTP could be outdoors. It has been years since Soo could move freely in and out of palace. So might have granted her some freedom to what she used to have.  

Can't think of anything else right now. Just looking forward to watching the ep tonight! :D

• Like 10

2 hours ago, antiherofans said:

Hi, just woke up and suddenly read your post. I agree with you. Even tho I love Wang So to death (I am crazy for him right now) but I can't say he always do the right thing. He even one time force kiss Soo just because he is depressed with his mother (Wang So, that's a big No No, my love). She should probably slap him in the face. And then he sort of "kidnap" her from the palace and that is a dangerous move. She could get punished for that. He is a prince so his punishment probably won't be as hard as punishment for a servant.

And, we always say Hae Soo is from the future so she should make a better choice, judgment, etc. JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE FROM THE FUTURE, IT IS NOT A GUARANTEE YOU ARE GONNA BE SMARTER THAN PEOPLE FROM THE PAST. The most logic thing is you will make more mistakes because you don't know anything about that period. How much do we know about history 1000 years ago? We know history only from books, movies and internet. I think it is the same when we read books about how to live in the jungle, how to survive, etc. But when you are in the middle of the jungle, alone, it is a different story. Your first instinct is to survive. You will do anything to survive. And that is exactly what Hae Soo did, try to survive.

I know sometime i do get frustrated over Hae Soo. But if the writer choose to write Hae Soo as one smart, ambitious, strong character than we will have two strong female character because we already have that YH. It will be JAK OK JUNG (Jak Ok Jung Vs Queen Inhyeon) fighting for the king's love. Wang So already have strong, smart, ambitious YH in his life. Does he love her? NO. He fall in love with someone that is totally different from him. Someone who is so pure, so beautiful, yet so fragile at the same time. He fall in love for someone (in my opinion) as pure as snow. Someone who can make him laugh, he can cry and be him self around her, and make him forget about all his pain.

Sorry for my English. I hope you can understand my writing

Of course dear. I think you've stated your position very well. And thank you for understanding what I'm getting at. :) 

To be honest I'm not interested in playing the blame game. I love So and Su very much but I also understand that they are living in extraordinary circumstances that compel them to act in ways that I don't always agree with but that's all part of the charm for me.

I really like your jungle analogy. I know I would be absolutely hopeless in the jungle even if I were from the 21st century. Being from the 21st century in no way prepares a city slicker like myself to survive even in the Amazon jungle in 21st century Brazil much less the 10th century one. Not only would the mosquitoes get me first but not being able to have a shower everyday would kill me. :P

The only thing from the 21st century that Su's brought with her is the attitude of not judging people by their looks or status which has put her in good stead with many people in Goryeo.

But I still don't think that Su is as dumb as she's often said to be. I don't like the word dumb in general but even less in this context. Maybe she doesn't want to play the political games because of what they do to people especially now that she's seen up close first hand how it destroys lives. Maybe as you say, she wants to maintain her "purity".

I think we can all agree in recent decades that the quality of our political leaders have diminished. Watching the kind of people we have representing us in and out of parliament is very depressing but I still do it anyway. One of the reasons why I think our politicians just don't cut it is because no candidate half decent or remotely capable wants to run for office so we seem to be getting the dregs.I remember when Colin Powell was mooted as a possible presidential candidate at one time, he pulled out despite his popularity. Why? I believe it was his wife who didn't want him to. I guess in the eyes of some people that was highly disappointing but from her perspective having to share her husband with not just millions but billions of people around the world was one thing. But what would it do to their relationship or their family life? And for the entire family to be under so much scrutiny not just from your political opponents but the media too.

Politics have destroyed many a marriage and family. Men have left wives for new ones because the old ones couldn't bear being in the spotlight or the toll of what it did to their family life. It's a very special woman who can hold it together even while making all kinds of compromises.

So if Su is a bit reluctant to become the King's woman... you know what, I can totally understand why... even though in my heart of hearts I want her out there with him playing the game.

• Like 22

11 minutes ago, arsdf said:

it's MONDAY!!!!! MOON LOVERS DAY!!!! :grin::heart:

It's nice to read all of you guys analysis, opinions, perceptions and etc.... it's good to have different point of views right? :)

but is it only me who feels like our topic discussion getting too deep and feeling so heavy? hmmm OK guys let's just enjoy the show for the last 4 eps, just show your support guys come on! Drama series is a part of entertaining show right? dont take it so hard like we are watching some Debate of candidate President. Just saying hehheee Eclipses Fighting!!!! :D:wub:

i think even the Debate of President candidate is a lot lighter than in here.. LOL

i actually having fun watching Trump vs Clinton debate.. its like watching two adult hate each other rather than a president candidate... LOL

• Like 13

51 minutes ago, redlion said:

Maybe that was the reason why he married YH when he wasnt in love with her.... gratitude...power...definitely change people :mellow:

I wonder if YH and the Queen made a deal to make YH queen in order to get help for WS enter the palace 

• Like 12

36 minutes ago, chelleshawol said:

I've read a theory that Yo may also be exposed with Mercury and the ring contains it. And he was also starting to have symptoms like Wang Mu and Wang Wook may likely be the one poisoning him... :phew:

Yes I was wondering if I missed the discussion of this because I didnt see any chat on this. Seems to me that Yo is beginning to show similar symptoms as Mu. 

Wook could be plotting still be plotting to be King. WS was away for a long time to build a new capital, hence if Wook gets Yo out of the way, he can ascend. However he probably didnt count on his mum and sister supporting WS? I can imagine how bitter he can be.

I am wondering why would queen hwangbo support WS? For YH to marry WS? hmmmB)

• Like 15

48 minutes ago, chelleshawol said:

So the wedding will really take place. Poor Haesoo :( I hope she can understand that Wang So needed to do the marriage with Yeon Hwa in order to become the King of Goryeo. But people here in soompi speculates that Wang So will give his mind and body to Hae Soo right? And the latest stills Wang So is in Hae Soo's room omg. I'm just gonna hold on to that :wub:

I don't know if HS-WS have troubles right after the wedding but in the bed scene you're talking about i see WS's married and they're both on good terms so we can expect thimgs to be sorted out. 

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, violet90 said:

i think even the Debate of President candidate is a lot lighter than in here.. LOL

i actually having fun watching Trump vs Clinton debate.. its like watching two adult hate each other rather than a president candidate... LOL

Hahahah.. Trump and Clinton's debate is making me as nervous as MLSHR's ending episodes. But of course, what happens in MLSHR stays in MLSHR; whereas what WILL happen after Trump vs Clinton will affect our lives, pretty much! 
In any case.. whether in MLSHR or USA election... keyword is CHOOSE THE LESSER EVIL! 

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, qwenli said:

Yes I was wondering if I missed the discussion of this because I didnt see any chat on this. Seems to me that Yo is beginning to show similar symptoms as Mu. 

Wook could be plotting still be plotting to be King. WS was away for a long time to build a new capital, hence if Wook gets Yo out of the way, he can ascend. However he probably didnt count on his mum and sister supporting WS? I can imagine how bitter he can be.

I am wondering why would queen hwangbo support WS? For YH to marry WS? hmmmB)

Yeah. He's a calculative person but I guess he didn't see that coming. He was so engaged of being the King and he thinks that if Yo will die, he will achieve his goal but he's wrong. It's a big slap on his face. :phew:

4 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

I don't know if HS-WS have troubles right after the wedding but in the bed scene you're talking about i see WS's married and they're both on good terms so we can expect thimgs to be sorted out. 

So before the Bed scene/ Wang So's room with Haesoo scene, he told her already about the wedding with YH? What about the lantern festival scene?

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, violet90 said:

hahhaaa that's right, i think it's only happen in my country that Debate of President Candidate feels so heavy and boring.. LOL

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jerboa83 said:

I TOTALLY agree with you. I personally like the Soo we discovered during the last episodes. She's so... human. She seems to be a person, more than just a larger-than-life character.  And I especially agree on this: trust is good, but blind trust is deadly. Soo has learned it the hard way. 

I also agree on the point that HS is so human in this show, weak and strong at the same time; and I like to see her development as the time goes.

I can say the same about LJE acting, I love it because it is natural. I know many don't think so but I like her non-exaggerated style and absence of cliche micro-expressions that actors learn in acting schools. I mean few real people will tremble their lip corner or cry moving all their face muscles, no matter how bad situation is (please don't take me wrong, this is only IMO, and I am the one who doesn't like theater plays in general). LJE expressions are quite simple but nevertheless emotional, especially OTP love scenes- I think they are perfect and real 110%.

Only 9.5 hrs to go and we'll get ep.17! Happy ^_^

• Like 19

I apologize if it seems like I had contributed to heavy tenor of recent discussions. It was never my intention to do so, in fact it was the opposite because I noticed how emotional and upset people were becoming overnight. For me it was not about defending HS per se but about bringing balance to the discussion. If it had inadvertently caused more problems than resolved any, I apologize.

Anyway, I'm out of here. I really should be prepping for work tomorrow. 

• Like 23

Original Soundtrack Survey, What is your top three most fave among the list?

My top 3 faves... that's easy even if the whole soundtrack is good:

1)  Forgetting You by Davichi 

2)  My Love by Lee Hi 

3)  Will Be Back by Sun Hae Im

Love the instrumental soundtrack too

I read so many coments about how this thread is slowing down... but to me is going so fast, i missed a day and i'm more than 30 pages behind!!! i wish i could join you in the discussions, sharing info, pics, etc... but i just don't have the time... sigh. But i'm so happy to read all your posts and insights, to watch all the goodies you're always sharing... 

about Jung's new stills... i can't satnd him... right now he's worst than Wook. And that's saying a lot. But i love So's pics as a king (how can he always look so pretty)

One thing that's troubling me is we only have 4 episodes left... and i don't want this drama to end (first time i think 30 episodes would be better!) of course i can always rewatch (actually i started rewatching the whole drama: 4 episodes per weekends with mom and sis :) )

good night eclipses!!!!

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

So if Su is a bit reluctant to become the King's woman... you know what, I can totally understand why... even though in my heart of hearts I want her out there with him playing the game.

Sorry to cut your post -  I have always enjoyed your POV. You are so amazingly eloquent. 

In many ways, I can understand why RX/Soo distanced themselves from 4th prince/Wang So. The world continues to evolve - if we stay the same - it doesn't guarantee our loved ones will remain so. 4th prince/Wang So tried their best to remain true to the love of their lives. But they were constantly challenged by their role as the emperor. Even a King cannot have his cake and eat it too. 

Being so irrevocably in love with the someone may not always be a good thing. It is a mind blowing experience but it comes with other emotional baggage when things don't work out. If I were to be in the same shoes, I would have left the palace too - the longer she stays, the foundation of their relationship will erode further and be reduced to hate, resentment and nothingness. I was "egging" RX (while watching the show) to leave as soon as possible before she even got pregnant as I could see her suffocating. For Hae Soo - perhaps IWang So should let Soo go and give her the freedom that he promised so long ago. If all that we predict were to come true - their love would have reduced Soo to a shell like Lady Oh. 

• Like 18

10 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Of course dear. I think you've stated your position very well. And thank you for understanding what I'm getting at. :) 

To be honest I'm not interested in playing the blame game. I love So and Su very much but I also understand that they are living in extraordinary circumstances that compel them to act in ways that I don't always agree with but that's all part of the charm for me.

I really like your jungle analogy. I know I would be absolutely hopeless in the jungle even if I were from the 21st century. Being from the 21st century in no way prepares a city slicker like myself to survive even in the Amazon jungle in 21st century Brazil much less the 10th century one. Not only would the mosquitoes get me first but not being able to have a shower everyday would kill me. :P

The only thing from the 21st century that Su's brought with her is the attitude of not judging people by their looks or status which has put her in good stead with many people in Goryeo.

But I still don't think that Su is as dumb as she's often said to be. I don't like the word dumb in general but even less in this context. Maybe she doesn't want to play the political games because of what they do to people especially now that she's seen up close first hand how it destroys lives. Maybe as you say, she wants to maintain her "purity".

I think we can all agree in recent decades that the quality of our political leaders have diminished. Watching the kind of people we have representing us in and out of parliament is very depressing but I still do it anyway. One of the reasons why I think our politicians just don't cut it is because no candidate half decent or remotely capable wants to run for office so we seem to be getting the dregs.I remember when Colin Powell was mooted as a possible presidential candidate at one time, he pulled out despite his popularity. Why? I believe it was his wife who didn't want him to. I guess in the eyes of some people that was highly disappointing but from her perspective having to share her husband with not just millions but billions of people around the world was one thing. But what would it do to their relationship or their family life? And for the entire family to be under so much scrutiny not just from your political opponents but the media too.

Politics have destroyed many a marriage and family. Men have left wives for new ones because the old ones couldn't bear being in the spotlight or the toll of what it did to their family life. It's a very special woman who can hold it together even while making all kinds of compromises.

For me, the perfect word to describe Hae Soo is Naive. She sees the good in people even tho they don't deserve it. It is annoying sometimes to be with person that naive. They refuse to see the world as it is. They always want to see the world as beautiful place to live, where people can sing happy birthday together and everyone will always happy and love each other. She lives in her bubble. And when the bubble burst, well...

That is why she will never survive in the palace. I think (and hope) So can see that and grant her last wish to leave the palace in peace and not because stupid misunderstanding.

• Like 10