[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

8 minutes ago, Akiddo said:

I would have left the palace too - the longer she stays, the foundation of their relationship will erode further and be reduced to hate, resentment and nothingness. I was "egging" RX (while watching the show) to leave as soon as possible before she even got pregnant as I could see her suffocating. For Hae Soo - perhaps IWang So should let Soo go and give her the freedom that he promised so long ago. If all that we predict were to come true - their love would have reduced Soo to a shell like Lady Oh. 

Sorry to cut your post. I didn't watch C-drama, but from what I have read it seems that 4th prince and RX both have different personality in K-drama. So, this makes me wonder if HS must feel suffocated in the palace? During her early days in palace and in Mu reign time she seemed to me to be well-coping and satisfied with her job as Damiwon sanggoon. If WS will not turn to devil (I highly doubt he will) and will reign wise and long and love her, then what will make her suffer?

BTW, if HS valued freedom the most, she could go with lady Oh, or with WS, she had all chances. But I think she values relationships even more than freedom. And from pragmatic point of view, what will she do outside the palace, without her beloved WS and with no relatives or friends?? open beauty shop?:)

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, violet90 said:

in the end when Soo will die everyone try to save her.. So i think hoping letting her go will at least make her life go on without having to live in palace with him suffering and BA will be the one who make So understand that cause in eps6 when BA explaining to So about how Soo mind work and she is all about freedom and do not live under people..

WJ will be the one who try so hard to save her if he following 14th prince in BBJX.. i still remember the scene when the doctor said there is nothing he can do and 14th goes mad and demand another doctor who can save RX.. he really try so hard to save her and i think deep down he know its RX who give up her life.. 

but after everything there is nothing that all of them can do no matter how much they love Soo.... its her willingness to let all go and die peacefully after 10 long hard years in palace loving and hurting.. witnessing so many deaths and blaming herself i think Soo will embraced her death with a calm and willingness.... the last person that she will long and missed is So and that's why her caption is she wish she never meet So then she would't miss him that much... and i wish with all my heart So will be the one who hold her when she dying..... :tears:

Same here. If HS will truly die, I hope WS will be the one to hold her as she's saying her goodbye to him. And then they will meet again in the present time and we finally get our happy ending. :wub:

• Like 15

22 minutes ago, chelleshawol said:

Hi eclipses! Im sorry if I'm a little late for this but what did you think about the candle scene on episode 16? Did they do 'it' or not? Haha. I'm just curious of your thoughts :)

I was actually embarrassed at that scene :blush:  (I'm secretly a time traveler from Victorian timesYes, I think we can safely assume that that happened - she was basically in her underwear, with her hair let down and with a man sleeping under the same blanket in the same room- Even with that character called Wook, she didn't go that far... I think something happened that we weren't meant to see.. :)

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

I can totally hear him saying: "Didn't I told you in episode 9 that without my permission you can't leave me or die!!!?" We will hear that. :sweatingbullets:

when 4th shout that line with tears streaming on his face i just break down..4th give permission for RX to leave him but NEVER to die and he keep repeating that line hoping that RX will listen to him....

its just a heartbreaking scene and the one that i cry non stop cause after that he keep searching the letter and sobbing reading the letter from his loved ones that already die and he can't do anything about it.... the regret and sorrow of 4th at that time really leaves me breaking down.. :tears:

• Like 11

11 hours ago, zi4r said:

About the trust issue regarding Eun and SD..... As I'm sure you can feel from my post, for me (unlike most viewers), that's the least of her supposed flaws. Given what's at stake --- the lives of two people she cares about --- it is more than forgivable that she would be unwilling to put her trust in WS at the risk of two lives. Not to mention, she knows that he would do anything to save her; so she trusts him to keep her safe, and thus, if at the risk of her life, she can't trust him to keep Eun safe. (Erm..... Am I making sense??? :sweatingbullets:) So for that particular plot-point, my main problem isn't the trust issue. My main problem lies with her (and Jung's) illogical and half-baked plan of escape. The kindest way to see it is: she's just naive and thinks that she can single-handedly get them to safety somehow. The harsher way to see it is: her focus is not on saving them; it's mainly on making sure the vision doesn't come true... on not getting the blood on her hands or WS's. She got tunnel-visioned because the vision consumed her, and in her mind, getting them away from WS became her ultimate goal.

All in all, my three biggest problems are (ranked):

• #1 "You said you didn't need to be king as long as we were together. You're not saying it anymore."
  • #2 Hiding Jung by threatening herself (Because what I hate the most in life is using someone's love for you against that person)
  • #3 The undeveloped relationship in the two years of Mu's reign

All those scenes broke me, and right now, I am in the process of slowly rehabbing my psyche. And that post was necessary for me to do that.

@zi4r sorry to cut your post. I agree with you in many parts, especially the one i high lighted and point number 3.I thought she rejected WS several times because she wanted WS to fulfill his "destiny" to be King. She didn't want WS to abandon who he was. She was tempted to say yes, but she didn't want WS to waste all his status, future, nobility, family and life in the palace for her. But in 2 years of Mu's reign she didn't accept WS either. Marriage wouldn't hinder WS from his destiny to be King. Wang Yo had married before he committed treason and then become king.

About the trust she didn't give to WS. She should have known that life in Goryeo was harsh and solving problem alone or collaborate with not-so-strong group  was not an option. This made me really angry. Normally, i watch 4 to 5 times of each episode. I only watched Ep 15 and 16 twice: the international version and the SBS version. I can't watch Ep 15 and 16 on the part where HS did that stupid thing. I am with WS when he left HS, although there were other reasons. But HS must take some lesson from that.

Ep 16 was wrapped with HS nagging and whining about WS's decision to be king. For me, it shows that HS is moving to the opposite direction to WS. Now that the time has come, she's going to doubt WS' decision and try to pull him only for her. As @braiser101 put it, she has lost the momentum. Although i am hoping that this is the time when she would finally realize that people CHANGE, it is inevitable. But the cause and the aim of the change that what's important. 

Ep.1 Go Ha Jin said that "I thought if i didn't change the people i trusted and liked wouldn't change either."

Ep 8, when she put on make up to WS she said "Therefore, i intend not to change, If you trust me first, your highness, I will not change first."

That scene in Ep.8 is a contradiction. HS said that she wouldn't change but she's changing herself and changing WangSo at the same time, literally and metaphorically.

I don't loss hope to HS yet. I still have a little trust in her. Hopes she changed the way she sees her premonition. It always has an explanation and context. And hope she will trust WangSo as much as I, and many of us here, trust him.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Evelyn C said:

I was actually embarrassed at that scene :blush:  (I'm secretly a time traveler from Victorian timesYes, I think we can safely assume that that happened - she was basically in her underwear, with her hair let down and with a man sleeping under the same blanket in the same room- Even with that character called Wook, she didn't go that far... I think something happened that we weren't meant to see.. :)

Kyaaah. Thanks., Now I can die in peace :)

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

I can totally hear him saying: "Didn't I tell you in episode 9 that without my permission you can't leave me or die!!!?" We will hear that. :sweatingbullets:

There have been clips of BBJX's Rouxi and 4th Prince last moments in IG lately, and they're so so sad, especially the breakup part - the one where 4th Prince retold what 8th Prince told him about his and Rouxi's past and the part where 4th Prince cried alone, regrets keeps piling up. But that's it.. its regrets, so much regrets. It's sooo heart wrenching and soo heartbreaking! :tears:

I really dont want the same things to happen to our So and Soo.. but I guess it's inevitable. I've never been so helpless before. That's why I tend to skim through some theories in this thread. I'm in denial mode already. By not reading anything, I will forget that bad things will happen to our So and Soo. 

• Like 13

4 hours ago, briseis said:

The Proof of Love and Mortality

In all those years, So’s been away HS never stopped believing that he still loved her - it was that hope that allowed her to wait for him, without any promises from him and after his rejection. The moment she sees him bleeding for her, it’s the final confirmation she needed that her Wolf Prince still cares for her, that he is far from indifferent, that he would still risk his life, THAT HE HASN’T CHANGED. The arrows represents so much (the arrow WHICH SHE’S KEPT AS A TOKEN OF HIS LOVE!) - not only is it an evidence of his love, but with his blood on it it’s also  A TANGIBLE PROOF OF SO’S MORTALITY AND VULNERABILITY; and it makes HS finally wake up and realize how uncertain the future is and how precious each moment in the presence is - and in that moment she finally decides to live fully, without fear or regret. Until now, she always had on the back of her mind that he is Gwangjong and that he will live a long time, but now the realization how close she were to losing him makes her finally see that she wouldn’t be able to live in a world without him. This is a man for who she’s willing to risk everything.

HS’s realization of his mortality is underscored even more when she sees So’s scarred body and it’s such a powerful parallel to their time in the royal baths (even the OST song is the same), but at that time she barely registered those scars; however, now she notices every single one. And HER HEART BREAKS MILLION TIMES FOR HIM as she realizes what a terrible life he’s lead, how much pain and torture, both emotional and physical, he had to endure. And she can’t stop herself from tracing the scars on his body with her fingertips, just like she traced the one on his face, but this time she isn’t fascinated and curious, this time SHE WANTS TO HEAL HIM, TO GIVE HIM ALL THE GENTLENESS HE DESERVED BUT NEVER RECEIVED. She lovingly caress each scar, as if her touch could somehow take away his pain. And the moment, she reaches the three claw-like scars on So’s arm, Soo remembers the time he told her about how he had set trees on fire when the wolves had been drawing near,… and her heart breaks once more.

The most heartbreaking part is that when So wakes up, he doesn’t find it at all odd that Soo is there, he doesn’t find it odd that he is hallucinating about her BECAUSE HE’S BEEN SEEING HER IN HIS DREAMS EVER SINCE HE LEFT HER ALL THOSE YEARS AGO.

How can I possibly refrain from quoting your post? :sweatingbullets: I agree that she still held on her knowledge of Gwangjong being the 4th king very much until that arrow incident. I remember that scene on eps 13, where they were standing in front of the throne. When So said to Soo he could die too, Soo's voiceover said "You're Gwangjong. You have a long history ahead of you." and I thought "Wow, that's very cold." She seemed to still fail to completely grasp the meaning behind King Taejo's words "Do not get so hung up on the future that you lose what you have now." Her knowledge of future hindered her from seeing So as merely a mortal human being just like everyone else, and the fact that So almost always appeared physically invulnerable in front of her didn't help.

That being said, I found Soo's voiceover a bit jarring because it was clear in eps 10 that she was ACTUALLY AFRAID that he would possibly die from the poison. My theory is So's coming back to life from the poison only served as a confirmation for her that SO WOULD NEVER DIE in that time being because he is Gwangjong-to-be. That's why the first thing she said to him at the prison was, "I knew it. I knew you wouldn't die." Rather than being the eye-opener for So's mortality, that poison incident only assured her of So's immortality instead, and made her holding on her knowledge of Gwangjong even more tightly.

I still cut Soo some slack though, because frankly speaking, Soo didn't have the chance to see how physically vulnerable So was. The moments she saw him physically injured were only when: (1) he wrecked those stone piles after killing the monks, and it was a minor wound anyway, and (2) he drank poison. Even when So touched about the wolf issue, he didn't tell her the details. Hence Soo was completely clueless about how many close-to-death experience So had endured before. The first time she had the chance to witness So's mortality and vulnerability was that arrow scene aftermath, where he could just laid there, powerless, barely conscious and was actually very close to death before her eyes. This was such an eye-opener for her that this Gwangjong-to-be COULD POSSIBLY DIE too.

• Like 13

13 minutes ago, chelleshawol said:

Now I wanna cry just imagining the goodbye scene with WS saying this. :bawling:

If that happens, I can imagine some of us literally drowning in a pool of tears - We thought that Lady Hae, Oh Sang gung, Eun, Soon Deok, Mu's deaths were painful, but this is just if I might say, 'a total eclipse of the heart'... :bawling:

tom_hiddleston_66_by_sigyn_goddess-d7i0d

• Like 14

2 hours ago, devotee said:

Sorry if anyone has posted this but I really think that LJG really looks like a live version of a manga character. Just look at the resemblance and the math? Too beautiful on canvas, on screen and in real life!!!

LJG's face can be standard for aesthetic plastic surgery.:wub::D

• Like 14

14 minutes ago, eunki said:

Sorry to cut your post. I didn't watch C-drama, but from what I have read it seems that 4th prince and RX both have different personality in K-drama. So, this makes me wonder if HS must feel suffocated in the palace? During her early days in palace and in Mu reign time she seemed to me to be well-coping and satisfied with her job as Damiwon sanggoon. If WS will not turn to devil (I highly doubt he will) and will reign wise and long and love her, then what will make her suffer?

BTW, if HS valued freedom the most, she could go with lady Oh, or with WS, she had all chances. But I think she values relationships even more than freedom. And from pragmatic point of view, what will she do outside the palace, without her beloved WS and with no relatives or friends?? open beauty shop?:)

While their personalities are somewhat different - 4th prince and Wang So are pretty extreme characters. And the show has indicated very clearly that as an emperor - one has forsake all others for the country and royal family. WS is not a devil but he will go to extreme measures to ensure that history doesn't repeat itself. That, I believe, will play out in the next 4 episodes. 

HS didn't leave with Lady Oh because she believed Wook would marry her eventually. She knew Wang So's destiny and would not risk changing his fate by eloping with him - no matter how tempted she was. She stayed on as Wang Mu's Sanggung probably out of loyalty, due to his illness. By then, we could see a more jaded Soo. More challenges will arise in the next 4 episodes and Soo's leaving is inevitable. Her heart is with Wang So - not Gwangjong. Gwangjong is the ruthless emperor she has seen in her vision - whom she will fear and loathe eventually. Soo is likely be with Wang Jung in the last 2 episodes due to a royal decree from Yo. She left to live in peace for the rest of her days after spending almost 10 tumultuous years in the palace (RX in BBJX spent about 20 years in the palace). 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Evelyn C said:

If that happens, I can imagine some of us literally drowning in a pool of tears - We thought that Lady Hae, Oh Sang gung, Eun, Soon Deok, Mu's deaths were painful, but this is just if I might say, 'a total eclipse of the heart'... :bawling:

But I still hope that PD-nim and writer-nim will not be cruel to us. Wang so and Hae soo will meet in present time and have a happy family full of cute little children :phew:

• Like 6

Just now, chelleshawol said:

But I still hope that PD-nim and writer-nim will not be cruel to us. Wang so and Hae soo will meet in present time and have a happy family full of cute little children :phew:

Amen to that! I was holding out that Soon Deok didn't really die (there was a picture around showing her in hanbok with a baby belly), but I thought the hanbok was a bit Joseonesque and tried not to put too much into it :(  I am bracing myself for many nights with ice cream reflecting on life and why love is so hard after this drama - heartbroken over the end of a relationship that I'm not involved in :w00t: - How crazy is that???!

• Like 10

51 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I apologize if it seems like I had contributed to heavy tenor of recent discussions. It was never my intention to do so, in fact it was the opposite because I noticed how emotional and upset people were becoming overnight. For me it was not about defending HS per se but about bringing balance to the discussion. If it had inadvertently caused more problems than resolved any, I apologize.

Anyway, I'm out of here. I really should be prepping for work tomorrow. 

Just want to say that I love your views of Soo because I see her the same.  I was nodding at every words you said about Soo in your post.           

• Like 9