[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

I think there are two versions of episode 6,one that had been sold elsewhere like youku, drama fire, asiantv, onetvasia, etc. and the other edited version directly broadcast by sbs (basically International version vs korean version). 

Scenes that are visibly missing from international version for example :

1. haesoo-baekah bonding time during haemyung funeral 

2. Prince Yo insulted So and Baekah

3. Evil Queen complaining directly to King about his rushed marriage 

4. So scolded jimong and threatened him to find good excuse that could nullify haesoo marriage. 

I think that's it? Or Did I miss anything? Hehee.. please tell me if I miss other scene that differ from korean version. 

The scene might look minor but it could gives us more insight to their relationship in the story.. Because there are times that I feel weird and lost because their relationship and story developing too fast, it felt like there's huge time jump that we didn't notice.. And again I blame the PD and the writer for it.  

I wish they could handle properly the'hae myung funeral story arc'. It was a huge change in haesoo (and wook) life, even if it short, they could show us more how haesoo cope with her grieve and how she gradually change and adapting in goryeo better. This should be the highlight and in between her gradual transformation we could put meaningful interaction with the Princes and how they help her for it. They did it with wook crying scene but I wish we could put another scene with baekah as he was the one who felt lost in grief after those two. How his emotions change from blaming haesoo for her feeling to understanding her as he feel the same way towards haemyung and they both found more traits common in themselves not only their love for lady hae but also personality and point of view, thus 40 days (or more I forgot please cmiiw) of mourning bonds them together and they became close friends. And end this haesoo life transition with her monologue in front of hae myung grave, it should feel heartfelt and touching moments because this experience has haesoo grows as character. But in episode 6 everything felt rush and haesoo monologue didn't feel important or anything there are no sadness after her confession and just put randomly Jung and baekah in there. Smh. 

And between wang so and baekah as well they should handle their relationship better and highlight one of the reasons why they grow closer together. It just didn't make any sense after they put great length of effort portraying so as a lone wolf that doesn't care about anyone or anything suddenly being pushed by baekah (when he ask so to help soo it feels like nagging and can come across as bothering him around) and with so being older and higher rank than baekah it feels weird we don't know when this two suddenly become close and so comfortable around each other to even nagging him like this. Baekah feeling grateful and respect so is one thing, but them becoming so close like a brother that grew up together is another.. Their relationship felt unnatural and far fetch at this point. Although according to the c-version they're close and loyal to each other, judging only from this k-version only it indeed feels weird. 

• Like 16

23 minutes ago, fangurling123 said:
  Hide contents

From my prior post:

As a quick summary of the scene, when So enters the room Yo again has a stab at him saying how even among brothers proper greetings and manners should be adhered to strictly. Yo says So still hasn't apologized for insulting him and their mother (i.e accusing them of the plot to kill the crown prince).  So then replies that if that is the case then he is the one who should be properly greeted first since Yo hasn't yet thanked him for saving his life (meaning what he did to hide the evidence on the attempt on the crown prince).  10th Prince arrives saying the emperor is bringing in all the south factions into the palace.  Wo says the emperor should embrace the factions.  Yo then says, true, a country can collapse in one split second (without careful political balancing).  Then Yo takes a stab at Baek by saying as an example, take a look at 13th Prince's maternal grandfather who was a grand Silla king but now is just a beggar relative who can't even enter the palace.  So subtly defends Baek by saying that the princes are really no different to beggars since they rely on the emperor for everything and can't get anything if not on his good side.   If you're going to live the life of a beggar, might as well go drinking.  He then says "Speaking of drinking, Baek, are you a strong drinker."  Back replies that is one of his specialties and both leave the room.  Baek then thanks So for coming to his defense.  So says no need to thank him, he just doesn't like the strong to pick on the weak.

<Edited to add:>  Baek then responds to So by saying that still, he would never have been able to speak up the way So did.

THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU !!! THANK YOU!!!!

I´m so happy now... really - I´m greatful! I before understood Silla and knowing the Backstory - I knew it would be something like this... but sure Yo went further and I so wanted to know how far and in which Way So helped Baek Ah out.  Yes that´s the real So the Brothers did not see clearly before - this Man doesn´t like the strong to go against the weak!

I wish to see them now having a Drink. :D

And there is more Information - so the King calls the fractions in will be the reason So will meet his friend today - and Ten have to deal with his soon to be Bride.

• Like 16

38 minutes ago, theonlyone88 said:

Given Hae Soo's misgivings towards Gwang Jong, I think that what ultimately makes Wang So becomes isolated, paranoid and cruel in killing all those person could very well be her. In the chinese version, a major problem with the female lead Ruo Xi is that she relied too much on her knowledge of history and modern values and sensibilities, as a result she became very critical and judgmental about everything the 4th prince did after he became king and automatically assumes that he did wrong without really bothering to understand where he came from and the difficulties that he has as a king which led him to make such decisions. I can speculate that this will probably be the case for Hae Soo, since at such a  early stage, he is already worrying about the brothers.

yes, I am afraid this is going to happen. I think she is too caught in her modern thinking and doesnt not have an historical sensibility - at least for me, is not corect and reasonable to judge a period from the past only just through our modern lentiles , not taking in account the truth there maybe in those times; if we keep this kind of perspective, than we may better think that for the future generations we can also look like some barbarians; also there is not such a period where everything is worst than in our times; they have their betters in some areas; 

• Like 16

1 hour ago, fangurling123 said:

So subtly defends Baek by saying that the princes are really no different to beggars since they rely on the emperor for everything and can't get anything if not on his good side.   If you're going to live the life of a beggar, might as well go drinking.  He then says "Speaking of drinking, Baek, are you a strong drinker."  Back replies that is one of his specialties and both leave the room.  Baek then thanks So for coming to his defense.  So says no need to thank him, he just doesn't like the strong to pick on the weak.

<Edited to add:>  Baek then responds to So by saying that still, he would never have been able to speak up the way So did.

thank you for translation!! it's important to see that WS is not defensing HS alone, but he is really someone who is sensitive to standing against the strong ones that pick on the weak; does he not remain in history for an act eliberating slaves? or something like this? and for national civil examination? I like to see him that he has this in his nature, even before he falls in love with HS

• Like 15

6 hours ago, luffypyon said:

I hope we will get the sub for sbs version too. Just like what @IAmSoulReader said, it would be so much better that we will get a complete version with all scene + subs too.  Here the other scenes  in SBS version which aren't present in Dramafever version :

1. Haesoo and Baek-ah scene after Myunghee's funeral

2. Wang So and Wang Yo scene

3. Wang So and Baek-ah scene

4. King Taejo and Queen Yo scene

5. Wang So and Ji Mong scene

5 hours ago, Yippeuni said:

Actually SBS seems the one who air the most scene. As I saw all those scenes last night except scene where Wook hug HS and cried

If someone manages to find a version where all of these scenes are included or where the above scenes are subbed, I'd really appreciate it if you could pm me the link :wub:

EDIT:

Actually it seems like there is a cut and one uncut version. One is running about 57 mins and the other one 60 mins. I found the longer one at kissasian(dot)com. I still don't understand why they didn't air the same versions...:huh:

• Like 9

After watching cosmopolitan (finger talk) interview on YouTube, I am intrigued. The cast basically pointing 9th Prince as the bad guy (much different than his real self) , more than Prince yo (who is more obvious as villainous character at this point - although mostly done because of his evil mother), I can't imagine him being a bad guy because his character portrayal so far looking rather harmless and here I thought in k-version 9th Prince role had been switched to 3rd Prince role, different from c-version. But maybe they didn't switched it, 9th Prince will become the real villain soon? If that's the case I am looking forward to his character development and how chaeryong relationship with him folded. 

• Like 14

It baffles me too, how Soo disregard Yo as the 'king to be', she definitely knows about him so why not suspect him? lol. To be honest though, I don't see why this drama is getting poor ratings - it's good and a lot of international fans seems to love it too. I wonder why kviewers don't like it that much? I mean some of the editings are weird and also the shots but if you took that out I think it's pretty decent. Also, I feel bad when they blame it on the actors - so far, I think their acting are on point. What do you guys think?

Also... I wonder how they could put a twist on the plot considering people can read/watch about the Chinese version. 

• Like 15

@Lyrayoo.. gorgeous new stills thank you.

Spoiler

Another try....  But you enter it directly into the text box, not with the brackets for code?

That did not work... let me try with the brackets.

ouch... that did not work either...

<iframe src='http://serviceapi.rmcnmv.naver.com/flash/outKeyPlayer.nhn?vid=C9ADDDE1536FEE2642215EB4358516530DE6&outKey=V126f65af2b556254f79d71ac74ea05e85ebda9e7ce1831755d3f71ac74ea05e85ebd&controlBarMovable=true&jsCallable=true&isAutoPlay=true&skinName=tvcast_white' frameborder='no' scrolling='no' marginwidth='0' marginheight='0' WIDTH='544' HEIGHT='306' allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Like 12

As much as I'm enjoying this version of BBJX, I dislike its editing work. Now that I know that there were different versions (I've watched SBS live) of the latest episode it makes more sense that they are probably still working on it, but I'm surprised that they've had left the SBS's version as it was aired. The scenes did not fit and the hand held camera work was so poor during the scene with the mourning Wook that I felt so sorry for them and it had nothing to do with the story line. :( 

photo743771.jpg

I can't wait to see more of my So-Soo couple today :wub:, but...

12501627_569626996539855_1896581959_n.jp

...I also want to see how the two snakes biting each others tail.  

Spoiler

Cr9yYedVYAA7bpT.jpg

Cr9yZ7VUkAEHg8b.jpg

• Like 24

I think soo didn't suspect crown Prince and wang yo because in her vision during her rest (that happens only if she's in near death experience) she saw glimpse of taejo, Crown Prince and wang yo death, and remembers that it was gwangjong the 4th king who ruled in significant amount of time and known as ruthless king who killed his brother. She suspect 8th Prince more not because of his nature (actually it's surprising her because it was so out of his character) but in her eyes other than crown Prince and wang yo,  it was 8th Prince who seems ready and fit to be a king compare to his siblings and probably eyeing for the Throne. The other Princes looks immature and 4th Prince being ostracised Prince with scarface doesn't look like he will got a chance to become a king in haesoo eyes right now. 

• Like 14

36 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

New Stills, 

MOD EDIT: PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES.

I'm waiting for this scene to come up.

I think Lee Jun Ki did a good job portraying as Wang So. His eyes has this ruthless-desire-thirst for power-yet crave for affection. And i think those eyes will melt Hae Soo's heart. 

• Like 18

So that horseback riding scene was only couple of minutes but enough to steal my breath. His eyes showed so much concern....

WS seems so protective and they can speak to each other in their thoughts too- a far cry from their first horseback riding - he was indifferent and then shove her off his horse.

Picture1_1.png

1 hour ago, bingewatcherinsomniac said:

I think there are two versions of episode 6,one that had been sold elsewhere like youku, drama fire, asiantv, onetvasia, etc. and the other edited version directly broadcast by sbs (basically International version vs korean version). 

Scenes that are visibly missing from international version for example :

1. haesoo-baekah bonding time during haemyung funeral 

2. Prince Yo insulted So and Baekah

3. Evil Queen complaining directly to King about his rushed marriage 

4. So scolded jimong and threatened him to find good excuse that could nullify haesoo marriage.

sorry for cutting your post and thanks for highlighting the scenes. Personally i though 3 of 4 of the scenes were important

Scene 1) It would make more sense aft seeing this scene why HS and BA are on friendly terms

Scene 2) How BA is now closer to WS and also highlight's WS's nature that dislike the strong oppressing the weak

Scene 4) For obvious reasons that WS cares alot what happens to HS and even looses his cool

And @LyraYoo love the new stills of Wang So. .ahh you took off your mask

• Like 19

@sharreb I totally agree about the importance of the scenes that they cut out!! Even though it was nice to see some comic relief etc, I think that Scene 1 was so so so beautiful and symbolic in terms of character growth and development, but also how Soo was able to overcome her own feelings. Scene 2 as well in terms of alliances/political importance.

And Scene 4 - It was one of the scenes that I got most excited for, so I was shocked to hear that it was cut from some versions T_T Thankfully it was saved and broadcast :P

• Like 20

Good afternoon Eclipses! \^o^/

I haven't watched the subbed version yet, I'm looking to download the subbed version after this post. I've watched it raw last night and watched it raw again earlier. xD A lot of exciting things happened in last night's episode. I just feel bad that there were probably a lot of good scenes that didn't make the cut and I hope they have a portion/program where they can show those hard works to the audience and for us to be able to admire their work. They've worked hard for 6months for this drama.

Just curious, was the "Hae" clan marrying Hae Soo off to the King because Lady MH went against the Hae clan's will and married WW despite their family falling from the King's grace and being exiled/ousted from the Palace? That will be the only political reason I can think of as to why'd they jump to marrying Soo-yah after Lady Hae died.

I understand that the King continued with those type of marriage to keep his Kingdom at peace, and united but poor girls marrying a "60" year old King whom they might only see once, only during the wedding night. *shudders* :crazy:

I just realized that IU is fit for Saeguk and fit to be a Crown Prince's wife who will soon become a King judging from last night's episode. He looked absolutely stunning in that wedding dress, plus the hairdo and ornaments.

Let's hope that WANG SO will realize his budding feelings towards Hae Soo faster, or hopefully tonight, and starts pursuing her as I'm so excited to see how he's going to woo Hae Soo who's currently enamored with WW. :phew:

I've seen the rating, a little heartbroken but I've moved on. This is the third week this has been the trend anyway. International fans, let's continue to love and support MLSHR come what may! \^o^/

• Like 19

@sharreb yeah I agree with you that scene is important as it gives audience better insights to their relationship. Just like reading a chapter from a novel and skipped through 2-3 pages, you still can keep up with the story but you missed important details by doing so.

I think being pre-produce drama has its own perks and disadvantage at the same time. I like it that staff, crew, and actor can buy their time to shoot in more comfortable schedule and have more flexibility in perfecting their end result. But since they cannot get a feedback from audience immediately and adjusting the plot in favour of the audience (common working culture in kdrama that the PD get used to), it probably makes the actors and staff more anxious with audience reception. And as a compromising result this drama now have two versions k-edited version and international version that been sold previously as a whole, since this drama been telecast almost simultaneously as in Korea, sbs have no time to edited and recalls all the episodes that been sold elsewhere and has been translated to many different language. That's why the difference between the two versions is something that cannot be avoided. It's too late for sbs to edit it. 

• Like 12