[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

5 minutes ago, kentangbakar said:

1st...sorry to cut your post, 2nd i have to unquote the picture as per rules. 

3rd. when was this scene?

It was in that part where HaeSoo was guessing who out of the brothers would be the future King~ I think that specific shot was only in the SBS korean version of episode 6 but not in the international version :blush:

Haha I'm so crazy that i'm rewatching the different versions trying to spot the differences~ I also noticed that the short dialogue between WangSo and HS while riding on the horse sounds different in the two versions. Does anyone who understands Korean know what was said differently? Man, this drama is motivating me to learn Korean as fast as i can.

• Like 19

Finally caught ep 6 with subs!!!! 

Okay so initially I was shipping So/Soo very badly but after this episode, it's like a tie between So/Soo and Soo/Wook like omg. This episode made it so clear about Wook's feelings for Soo especially since Lady Hae passed on (which was so sad during the funeral scene and poor Baek Ah crying alone). :(

Was kinda disappointed that there was not much So/Soo in ep 6, instead it has more Wook/Soo.(But I don't mind heh). I think it's because since Lady Hae passed on, Wook will know focus his feelings on Soo right now. I melted at the part where he told Soo that he will show her more affections now as he didn't show it to Lady Hae when she was still around.:wub: (But we all know there wasn't any love in that marriage anyway..) 

It was also clear that in the future. both So and Wook will fight for Soo's love as we could see in the scene where the both of them tries hard to stop the King from marrying her. The other brothers tries their best to help Soo as well and I really loved that. It's like she has 6 knights (minus Yo) to protect her~ :D

And can I just say that the scene where Eun was cheering Soo up with the puppets was JUST SO ADORABLE??!!!! LIKE OMG I was laughing the entire time cause it's just too cute~!!! :lol:

Anyway, I'm anticipating more So/Soo scenes and I feel like So should be showing his feelings for Soo soon right..? If he doesn't do that, she's gonna be taken from him by Wook..!!!! (Ultimate ship is still So/Soo cause we all know how Wook is gonna be like in the future episodes.. sigh) :mellow:

Can't wait for ep 7 tonight~! 

Edit: Forgot to mention about Soo/So's horse riding scene!! That was my favorite scene for that ep ever!!!!! Like you could sense the how protective he is. Also when he told her not to get down from the horse.. I'm quite certain he's falling for her~! :heart:

• Like 21

11 minutes ago, MyMindIsASnowflake said:

It was in that part where HaeSoo was guessing who out of the brothers would be the future King~ I think that specific shot was only in the SBS korean version of episode 6 but not in the international version :blush:

Haha I'm so crazy that i'm rewatching the different versions trying to spot the differences~ I also noticed that the short dialogue between WangSo and HS while riding on the horse sounds different in the two versions. Does anyone who understands Korean know what was said differently? Man, this drama is motivating me to learn Korean as fast as i can.

That why..my mind play trick with me because of different version.

thank you neway~~ and @Yippeuni too~~ 

• Like 9

The wedding bts .... KHN is a true fan boy of IU, he adores IU and like to interact with her but he's shy ... unlike LJK who is so carefree around her and makes her laugh.  Have I said that before that WS/LJK and HS/LJE look really good together?  All their scenes together are dynamic .... it's going to explode ... can't wait.  

• Like 18

Ahhhhhh Wang So yaaaaaa 

he finally smiles. HE SMILES A LOT EVERYTIME HE'S   AROUND HAE SOO. Those walls finally tumbling down. 

I am curious about Ji Mong since he also appeared in the future where Hajin lives. But follow your fate, gah what kind of fate she would get ? 

And for wang so, i believe since Ji Mong already has his reincarnation in the future where Hajin lives and pretty sure i believe that Wang So has his reincarnation in the future as same as Ji Mong .  

• Like 20

@fangurling123 Thank you for summarizing the scene with the princes (when WS confronts 3rd and defends 13th); I'm glad that SBS decided to include it after all, since it explains a lot about how WS and 13th became closer.

I'm really really curious what WS told the astronomer--both when WS was chocking him, and later when HS arrived at the palace in the yellow dress. Were those lines of dialogue translated anywhere?

• Like 13

I don’t know why, but I feel a bit disappointed with episode 6. May be its because, the preview completely fooled me :sweatingbullets: Another thing is that 'there weren't enough So-Soo scenes'. I know its only episode 6, but I am hungry for So-Soo scenes :tears::bawling:

One thing that I am with satisfied is Hae Soo:D She was very clever/ wise in this episode. No wonder the king likes her. 

:heart:More So-Soo scenes please!!! :heart:

• Like 14

38 minutes ago, hiluna said:

I wonder whether in history, Gwangjong felt the same way. He surprisingly only had 2 wives and instead chose to eliminate the powerful families who disagreed with him and prone to revolt. Does that make him a bloody king or a strong one? He did end up ruling for a long time and solidified the Goryeon Dynasty but I am no historian just my interpretation of what I read online.

There's always a danger of us imposing our 21st century lenses on historical figures who often did what they had to in the context they were in and with the options that were offered to them in their time. In a sense the current king did what he had to in bloodless fashion to consolidate his power. Marrying was probably the best option open to him without having to draw swords and now that I've re-watched the whole thing, it seemed to me that he did regret having to use Soo in this fashion. Even he could see that she was unique and wasted. Marriage was his negotiation tactic to avoid outright conflict... it's a case of I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine.

Re-watching Ep.6 gave me a different perspective on the entire episode. It helped me to see the overarching theme a lot more clearly. Freedom is a key theme that reverberated all throughout the episode and the discussion about Soo between Baek Ah and So was very telling. Both guys know what it's like to be the underdogs... to have a title but not have real freedom or power to make choices about how they want to live. We take it for granted but for them it is perhaps the most precious commodity and when you consider how gracious it was of them to try and help Soo achieve it when they themselves have little change to attain it.

Perhaps the historical Gwangjong felt the same. That even though he was king he had to pander to factional/clan politics and couldn't rule properly. What if he had genuine reforms he needed to put in place and the political climate hampered his ability to do so. Marrying would probably add another layer of complexity, another interest group. In the end it's the people that suffer. It's always the commoners that bear the brunt of factional fighting. It's probably no different from Sejong's father, Taejong. He too attempted to diminish the power of his in-laws so that his son could be free to rule and do what he had to do. For us it feels extreme having to purge but that's what our modern day revolutionaries do as well. Heads roll... people go to jail for dissent. We don't have to like what they do but at least we have to see things from their perspective.

There's nothing new under the sun.

• Like 18

My friend @KdramaSwimmer...

Uri Wookie has taken steps! Yeaaayyy! Eventhough it's baby steps but at least he's not hovering anymore. We just have to wait for him to be all bad and power hunger for Soo. He said himself he was sick of being lame hahaha.. :D:D

I wanted to talk to you about him last night but I forgot because thos thread is moving at the speed of light. 

• Like 9

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" Episode 6

photo763377.jpg

I'm having trouble grasping how much time has progressed in "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo". Last episode had all this beautiful winter scenery and yet this episode there's...none? Does that mean that Soo has been in Goryeo for several months? Because it sure doesn't feel like it's been that long. Mainly this is a consequence of the story having slowed to a crawl, as politics take a backseat to everything revolving around Soo for no good reason.

The crisis in question is very episodic. I suspect it could have been removed completely from the story with no significant long-term changes having been affected. This isn't a bad thing, for the sake of a breather or a change in routine, but then that's the whole problem. There's all this cool stuff going on in the background of"Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" and Soo is, as far as all the other characters know, just a normal courtly servant. Why does she warrant such special attention?

IU can act as generally cute as she likes. At the end of the day, I'd like Soo much more as a protagonist if she actually did stuff or showed complex emotional reactions. So far her main apparent purpose has simply been to be liked by the princes. It's also worth iterating that the time travel aspect of "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" has to date, been horribly underused. Aside from Soo's obviously anachronistic personality there's no indication that she is from the future and possesses skills normal Goryeo people do not.

Except when it comes to emoticons, of course. I will admit that "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" is reasonably entertaining when it comes to silly comedy. The puppet show was pretty fun, too, even if it does rather beg the question of what exactly the princes do all day. Goryeo isn't a modern monarchy where princes live large on the government dole. Back then royalty were expected to work for their keep, not chase skirts.

Alas, any hope for a more interesting, dynamic plot is going to have to wait until the next episode. I really do hope we're going to get more of Prince So. He's easily the most interesting character because there's all sorts of mysteries swirling about the guy, and it's clear that Prince So himself doesn't know what's going on with half of them. Contrast that to Soo, about which we know pretty much everything and who is, consequently, a tad boring.

Review by William Schwartz

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-scarlet-heart-ryeo-episode-6-98637.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

• Like 11

omo, I just watched the naver tv cast bts. omo, they tried making Lee joon gi carried her instead?:w00t:

ha, why eventually it was decided that she goes to wook? :D

oh they all love her! LJG acting like a vampire trying to bite her wrist and KHN being all touchy feeling with her.:D:D:D

• Like 15

30 minutes ago, Yippeuni said:

This JM reaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllyyyyyyyy have hidden agenda. 

He said to HS to follow her fate.

Then after the marriage canceled to save HS he said both queen wants her. Then he also throw his ultimate weapon that Lady SG also wants her to work at royal spa. And the king instantly say okay after hearing "Lady SG wants her too", heemmmmm JM what card are you playing in here. But in front of Wook he said I don't understand why the King even send her to lady SG place...iiissshhh this ahjussi, who are you trying to lied to.

But he does affraid of So...hahahahaha at the last scene when the princes running to see HS, So stay and talk to JM. JM instantly avoid his look and saiy "you misunderstanding" hahahahha what kind act are you going to pull JM yaaa...

Love the next preview at Eun birthday even to see Mo smiling to meet the IT girl. Like YH said, HS have such a very good luck that even Mo likes her too.....

IKR. I also thought jimong has a hidden motive. Maybe not in malicious way, but his action and inaction sometimes intrigues me, as if he's there with a sole purpose to keep history in tact. He's like a referee in this time travelling game of chance. 

He's aware of haesoo came from different times and her chance to messing up with history but without exposing his own identity (he's a time traveler too) he kept her in check to not go against her fate but at the same time helping her cause in front of the king if needed. I can't imagine what would happen if haesoo been demoted socially as a slave, with no family helping her around even Princes cannot do much to help her if that happens. If jimong only think of his purpose, eliminates haesoo as slave will benefit him more because as a slave haesoo can't do much in changing history, but he also consider her well being and suggesting that becoming a palace maid is a better option. He is like a passive fairy godparents to haesoo. Lol. At first he making up excuse that all the Queen and royal concubine wants haesoo as their helper but since it doesn't work, he come up with another excuse that it was lady oh sanggoo that took a liking of her skills that could benefiting damiwon palace. 

When later he confess to wook and haesoo that he didn't know why lady oh wants her to become court lady/palace maid, it just to downplay his part in making those king decision and sheepishly admitted that he is lying to King (making up excuse)  just to save haesoo. 

• Like 12

I love how carefree and comfortable LJK's and IU's interactions are on their behind the scenes cuts. Despite the age gab and everything they seem very close and have a great chemistry. If she wasn't already taken I could totally imagine them as a couple. It's different from KHN too who is very lovely but still seems to be a little too much of an IU fanboy to really be as playful as LJK with her. :D

• Like 19

15 minutes ago, qwenli said:

omo, I just watched the naver tv cast bts. omo, they tried making Lee joon gi carried her instead?:w00t:

ha, why eventually it was decided that she goes to wook? :D

oh they all love her! LJG acting like a vampire trying to bite her wrist and KHN being all touchy feeling with her.:D:D:D

See,it was supposed to be him carried her but it's okay because i'm satisfied with the naver cast tv. Aigooo, SoSoo couple will burn my screen tonight :D

• Like 20

54 minutes ago, sharreb said:

Hopefully the difference btwn international and SBS version for tonight's episode isn't too different. 

And thanks to those sharing the new clip on d preview and bts. So cute.

This is so confusing. I didn't know which one to watch. SBS has royally richard simmons up this show in terms of editing. Alternate edits are good for DVD, not when you air it at the same time. I know and agree they needed to edit better and am glad that they are doing it but airing it simultaneously is confusing for us international viewers. I hope they get their act together.

• Like 14