[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Who is King Gwangjong?

tumblr_odfao2Jj8Q1u2dd0eo1_540.png

After HaeSoo dreaming about the fall of King Taejo it seems there will be chaos within the palace and Gwangjong will be the one to lead the revolt.. whom among the prince is that one.. Considering this stills i only have two people fit for that one... What about you?

see spoilers below .... 

Spoiler

tumblr_odfao2Jj8Q1u2dd0eo7_1280.png

tumblr_odfao2Jj8Q1u2dd0eo3_1280.png

tumblr_odfao2Jj8Q1u2dd0eo8_1280.png

• Like 23

Today's episode...i liked the pace and as so much happened in 60 minutes that we can connect the dotes to make the complete picture just like HS.

Best part HS never dying spirit. One quote i can put "Run till you can, if you cant run..walk and if you cant walk then crawl" thats exactly what she did. Till the very last moment she tried all she could and till the end her mind dint stop thinking of plans. Eventually she won over the king and situation... best part and highlight of the episode.

WW... finally second lead is back and I am happy to see him today. He Took charge of trying all options that he could do to prevent marriage even trying to persuade the king... (moment came when my heart wavered when HS sees WW just behind her and their eye meet, she has one tiny smile and WW asks for her hand, how he makes her waer the robe with so much feel). Then how he loses all his cool when HS cut her hand and he screams, takes her in his arms and runs out. and their moment alone in the room was so lovely heartfelt (anyone who says IU cant act.. you better get your eyes tested). and then garden..wow these are already love birds. And he could make that emoticon too, he is imroving. Then his sad eyes seeing her going at the end. so I think my wish has been granted today. he is finally the man who CAN act... and now WS will have to work harder.

Now come to real man of action and no words. So just like WW was second lead today, being first on all the things related to HS, WS was male lead by winning the moments even doing things second. Him taking her away to prevent marriage, then telling guards to stay back, asking her what her wish to do, even after knowing ita kings order he dint let her go until it was her wish, even after getting her off the horse again confirming and how he looked all the while she sits in palaquinin. Then again going to King to propose alternate solution... and so far he was all in action with all his senses intact. but the momemt he sees HS cutting her hand to get Scar. . as if he was struck with lightning. He couldn't move and stayed back all the time WW was carrying her but eyes were on HS.

in his life he has never seen a person who had to struggle so much in order to be alive, other than him and now he could see the very same torture another person is going through. He was always being attacked by others, his mom, wolves and he fought with them. but here he could see a fragile girl like flower petal had to take such extreme step to live free just like him. He was paralysed for a moment. I still couldn't see anything called love in his eyes or expression but a shock - disbelief and pain of losing the only connection that he could make. then at last when he sees her about to leave to be a maid his eyes were on her as if figuring out what she is made of, after so much happened she is still smiling that he couldn't ever do that. and that last gaze at her wound said it all...he just now realized he could have lost her. THhis episode belonged to WS even with just 15 minys screen space that he got and I found it good. (Absence makes ur heart grow fonder..so less WS we are getting we are yearning for more)

I think this episode belonged to all the princes. everyone tried to cheer up HS, to save her and I belive a FMV of all the princes with HS Must be created to showcase their bonding.

last thing... HS-WW have so much affection for each other and HS-WS are at a stage to recognize they have so much in common. but what dramatic will happen to make HS walk out of WWs life and end up falling for WS.

Such long post... not my cup of tea but tried cause I had so much going on in my mind. sorry for that.

thanks for reading. 

• Like 24

when the HS clan come and WW confront them for not telling the arranged marriage with the king.. they all laugh and WS face is totally annoyed.. IF he the one who confront them i bet they all on the ground .. laughing about the matter of a young girl live and try to sold her off.. even i will stomped them to death.. gosh people are cruel back then..

the turning point for WS in this eps is when he saw HS cut herself.. his face tell it all.. also when he saw HS fainting his body react first to catch her but he stop himself and just watch.. the horror of WS face to see that even when he have no feeling for her show that HS is a person that he truly care for the first time in his life.. i think we will slowly see WS accepting that HS is someone special for him and based on his way of handling thing he will stop at nothing until HS love him back.. 

right now WS don't know love or how to love but his mind and body already showcase that HS is the most important person in his life.. the moment he know that he will stop at nothing.. 

p.s the scene that i can't wait is boat scene... i just love that scene in BBJX.. 

• Like 14

Was a bit reluctant to watch ep6 since i heard WangSo doesn't get lots of screen time (Waeeee?! I LOVE LJK, GIVE ME MORE LJK to drool over). But i did anyway cos I have no self control and waiting for an ENTIRE week is already torture.

Just want to let out all my thoughts here. I absolutely loved how all the princes teamed up to save our HaeSoo at the beginning!~ Such teamwork! Especially loved how the little princes ended up running over to WS to tell him about Soo hahaha. Not so scared of the big bad wolf now huh? The bromance between 4th and 13th is :wub::wub:

Also, i think i am getting jealous of WW on behalf of WS. :confounded:It looks like the WW/HS ship is still sailing. As much as i love WW ( i have to admit his intense gazes at HS are touching), I will never ship them together because whenever i get a dose of WS/HS together (that beautiful horse riding scene) i know that i can never ship her with anyone else.

I really hope that HS can get over her feelings for WW soon even if she doesn't get together with WS straight away. I worry that our poor WS will feel insecure later on when they get together if WW/HS drags out too long. I almost wish WW wasn't so nice so i could find a fault with him. Loving how WS and HS are building up their relationship slowly and how they have started to develop an unique understanding with each other even when they are just friends right now. LOVE their chemistry whenever they are on screen and i think it is lovely how we get to see so many different sides of WangSo that are being unveiled as his relationship with HS develops.

The instrumental music in the scene with WS riding away with HS made all the butterflies in me come alive~ HOLY CRAP. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL. I love how protective he was of her even though it seemed like he didn't want to be involved at first. I re-watched that bit like 50 times. I can just about taste the beginnings of their relationship blossoming into something intense and amazing :heart:

Sorry for the long post. I just can't help myself with this drama anymore. Its driving me crazy.

• Like 20

I just finished watching ep 6 and it was... bad. I really don't want to say this, because I love this drama and KHN's Wang Wook so much, but this ep is just bad. There were many cute scenes, but the flow was bad and all the reasons for things to happen were terrible excuses. What did the princes think when they helped Soo escape? Where will she go? Her family already sold her. She has no place to go. And Wang Wook is just blandly weak and pathetic, like he said himself, today. I even hate the scene where Soo and 13th became friends and 4th and 13th got closer. They were poorly made, thinking about later on how deep their relationship should be. I mean, both 4th and 13th are not easily friended people, since 13th will help 4th get the throne later and even die in his place if needed (in the C-ver), the fact that they just got along today is just disturbed. And most of the romance in this ep were poorly made as well. I especially hate the scene where 8th hold HS's wrist and pull her sleeve up to cover her scar. It's like saying "I don't want to see it". For a modern girl (like me), I want someone to love me unconditionally, especially doesn't care about my scar (like HS with 4th's scar). I think HS noticed his attitude too, but she let it go, but I think later on when many things add up, their path will surely part. The scene after HS woke up and talked with 8th was bad. I don't even understand what it was for, except making 8th look weak. However, I really like the scene where HS cut herself. I think she was purely great and awesome. As the king said himself, she was even braver than a man. Yet I also think it was a bad move too, because if she was a Chinese, she will 100% be dead. The fact that the king just meh about her like that was not good. Another scene that I like was the look on 4th and 8th's face when the king told them that their excuses were not enough. I think their thirst for power starts there. One scene that I appreciate is the scene when HS walks pass 4th to see Concubine Oh. He sees the scar on her wrist clearly. I think his affection for her has definitely grown deeper, even to just a super light touch, like a flower petal touch the water surface kind of light, of love. He whose face was ruin by a scar not by his wish, understands very well how hectic life could be with a scar. Now it is the first time he ever she a girl who choose to have a scar and is totally fine (mentally). I think he adore her courage very much. Last but not least, HS's lines after she woke up: I protected what I want. So cool.

There are 2 scenes that I noticed very interesting: The scene when HS told her maid that she will run away, the maid said, "that's fine, even if they beat me to death, i won't say anything". If the maid is really a spy, she will know that HS will never run away after hearing what she said. The second scene, when all the princes were waiting outside, just before 8th carried bloody HS out, 9th said, "I'll go home first". I don't know what that action is supposed to mean. He's running away, not taking any responsibility in case the king comes out? Maybe?

Even though I know that 8th is a weaker man who has a weaker heart than 4th, according to the C-ver, yet the way K-ver made him look weak is just uncomfortable to watch. To date, the scene when HS and WW almost kissed is still my most loved scene in this drama so far. I can't wait to see them really kiss.

• Like 12

I try to figure out why the astronomer brought HS in this period.

From his short appearance in the first episode and what he said to HS I got the impression he traveled through the centuries to bring HS in the Goryeo .

I want to learn why he did it ? And why he said to HS in tonight's ep. " follow your fate"?

Thank you for the history details @Zelda

It helped me to understand a little what happened.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, LyraYoo said:

Drama highlight with the highest views in Navercast. 

Maybe because I have watched the BBJX I am already an expectant of the WW-HS arc in the beginning. :D

However, what I appreciate more in the K version is they have already established the 4th prince's character as early as episode 1. There are also more moments of Scar Couple that gradually builds up their relationship. It could be a lesser screen time for LJG but still the impact of the SoSoo is so persuasive that their love arc is the biggest contender to date even if more scenes were focused on WW and HS.

This for one.

Interesting points, @LyraYoo. I agree of course.

I also think that in this Korean version we can better understand and relate to Hae-Soo and 8th Prince. We can see their attraction, and moments they share.

I was unable to relate to them at all as a couple in the Chines version.

wow. you found a way to embed a Naver cast video here on Soompi. I'd love it if you will PM me how to do it, please.

‘달의 연인-보보경심 려’ 이준기 / 바람이 분다

• Like 15

anyone notice how WS keep calling HS as a 'child'?

if we look at age wise WS just older by HS by 2 3 years right?? its interesting how he refer HS as a child though.. in my opinion he see HS as someone that pure and have to be protected.. she who don't seem to afraid of him and stand for herself.. a purest form of human being that WS know that likely reflect like a child wise in WS eyes..

p.s well you don't kiss and hug a child Wang So yaaaah..... LOL

• Like 16

25 minutes ago, ahriev said:

It's Tuesday morning and I open Soompi Forum to share my though about last night ep and I just to shock that we have 2 version for this ep (SBS-longer one- and the sub one, I watched the sub one)

I think the different interpretation is because the different version that we all show. One leading us to Wook 8th and the other leading us to So 4th.

About Soo sudden remember about history, if I not mistake she remember Gwangjong (So 4th wanna be) as the 4th king. Either she remember that 2nd (Mo CP)and 3rd king (Yo 3rd) will be vary short period or she thiks that they killed by 4th king (the 4th king will kill other sibling). Or maybe -other option- So didn't realize that Mo CP is exist (I recall my memory about Mo and Soo but , CMIIW, I can't remember Soo meets Mo CP or ChaeRyung tells her about Mo CP. So maybe she didn't know about Mo CP.

Hi, nice to get you joining. Check the dramabeans (they recap the SBS version) and you will notice the difference.

I haven't watch the SBS version (I will search soon), so from the point of view that see the sub ver and read dramabeans I get this difference:

- Longer coversation between Eun 10th and Soo (Eun 10th got too much jokes until Soo tells him to stop)

- Longer escape Soo (every prince get their own screen time), even Won 9th

- Longer Lady Oh time in Damiwon (I remember Queen Something request tea and she order maid to prepare papermint tea)

- Conversation between princes when they wait for Wook 8th and So 4th in front of the palace (Eun 10th said he already asked her mother but his grandfather saw that and his grandfather angry with him because of that) 

And finally my though about last night:

- I realize this drama just has 20 ep so everything will be so packed and fast, but I want the mourning longer and (because I didn't get Soo and BaekAh 13th scene, but if i get that) I still need more time to adjust changes in BaekAh 13th with Soo relationship and Soo with Wook 8th relationship. I realize there is time gap between Lady Hae death and the arrange marriage (the tomb already full with grass)

- The King is still care Lady Oh much, when JiMong said that Queen Something, Wook's mother and Eun's mother want to take Soo as her maid he didn't grant that. But after JiMong said that Lady Oh noticed her and want Soo to work in Damiwon, he grant that directly

- My worry from the beginning is the director cut will ruin the entire flow and at first I didn't concern that (we know that last week ep from SBS and the sub version is different in BGM only) but after this week I think I have to worry that. It's so weird that one drama will have two version and (I don't want to said that but it's the truth) the version that airing in SKorea is longer (and better) than the one that airing with sub. As this drama international fans, I just feel so betrayed...

I love MLSCR, and I just want we all get the better version (no matter what method of channel we used to watch this drama). I know it will be very hard for the editing team and the subtitle team(, but at least the Eng version should distribute to every channel first). And to SBS wouldn't it nice to give explanation to all of us what really happen now, so we know the situation better. Either the is really two version and that will always happen until the end of this drama or will we get the same version in SKorea but in future ep.

Just hoping for the best. Hwaiting

Hello ahriev.. Nice to know u.. About the difference u explain above, was the scene that i watched last night. So, if there were any other version, i haven't watch it.. I'll check it on the other sources. Thank you for the recapt anyway.. I also curious about the different number of the total episodes, since i read in other sources it will have 21 episodes..  

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, fangurling123 said:

I actually like the build-up of tension as a general matter.   The build-up and anticipation make it so much better when the OTP actually gets together.  I actually hate formulaic k-dramas that repeat trope after trope just because it is what the audience expects to see. Please give us audience some credit for artistic discernment and intelligence.  I just think if the editing wasn't so disconnected and choppy we could see the build-up in much more subtle but satisfying ways.  This is also where two (as opposed to just one) gifted actors could really bring out the building tension.

Oh and about LJK, girl, have you been missing out.  :P

Yes, I agree with you about the build-up of tension. Like a pot simmering until it reaches a boil. Makes the end result more satisfying. I guess I have to wait for my SoSoo stew. 

I know. Perhaps, I will watch another LJK drama to hold me over? 

Like your pic Kimi Ni Todoke! 

• Like 9

Hey guys! 

I'm currently still watching Ep 6, but got a bit confused.  During the scene where Haesoo is in the water and trying to think about who the 4th king is, she says that's Gwangjong and he kills his brothers and his subjects.  So does that mean Wang So (LJK) kills his brothers?? I thought that would be Wang Yo :o

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, wchoi8 said:

Hey guys! 

I'm currently still watching Ep 6, but got a bit confused.  During the scene where Haesoo is in the water and trying to think about who the 4th king is, she says that's Gwangjong and he kills his brothers and his subjects.  So does that mean Wang So (LJK) kills his brothers?? I thought that would be Wang Yo :o

Spoiler

The historical Wang So/Gwangjong killed his brothers in order to rise to power and consolidate his power once on the throne.  The third period of his reign was a reign of terror where he ruthlessly eliminated anyone whom he thought would pose a threat to his rule.  From one perspective, he is judged as a bloody king but from another, historians see that the iron fist was the only means he had to consolidate power and bring stability to the country after the establishment of the new nation.  There were many warring factions/clans during those turbulent times where the nation was still newly established and there were many factions vying for power.

• Like 13

Darn it, the scene with the Princes (when Yo has a go at Baek ah) is obviously an extra scene and hasn't been subbed. Can someone PM me links to both versions (if available) with English subs. If not, can someone please roughly translate/summarise that conversation? 

• Like 6

Back to the forum after one night and the number of new pages added to this thread truly amazes me. Thumps up to everyone for your superb contribution \^o^/

I've heard that there are two versions of ep 6 and some scenes that appeared in one version were cut out of the other version, right? Haizz, I wish they had combined the two versions into one and broadcasted it so that we, viewers, wouldn't be confused about which version to watch, not to mention searching for the download links and the subs would be less troublesome. Anyway, for now I think I just need to overlook it and try to focus on what happens in this week's episodes.

I haven't fully watched ep 6 yet but I've read some feedback on this forum and elsewhere. It appears that the issue of WS not getting much screen-time and the romance between him and HS not having any significant progress is displeasing a number of people. Well, although I do want to see WS on screen more often, I wouldn't mind waiting a little bit longer (but not too long though :D) for him to increase his presence in HS's life and become the most important person to her. Considering that at this point in the drama HS hasn't got rid of all of her feelings for WW, I would find it so rushed and unconvincing if she suddenly turns to WS. Because the original Chinese name of this drama is "Bu Bu Jing Xin", or "Startling by Each Step", I think the relationship between HS and WS will grow step by step, little by little, into a love so strong and passionate that neither of them would ever be able to forget for the rest of their lives.

Last night's episode marks a turning point in HS's life, she has now left WW's house to enter the palace with a life full of obstacles and challenges ahead. Living inside the palace also means that there's more chance of her encountering WS and our couple will get to know each other better. By the way, ep 7 preview makes me so excited as it includes the long-awaited birthday scene, along with some moments of So-Soo couple (the way WS looks at HS and smiles at her in the preview completely melts my heart :wub:).

• Like 15