[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

I can only think of one reason why he have to marry YH later - he needs an heir inorder to install a CROWN PRINCE.

If HS will get pregnant, I'm sure she's going to lose her child. WM's daughter is too young. So, he will be forced to marry YH in the end.

• Like 9

This is going to be one long post so hang in there if you want to read this!:DMy fingers have been itching to type comments but I understand that some of you have not watched or would not like to see spoilers of ep16.I will be giving my general opinions on the whole baseball/leaked ep fiasco,ep16 and ep17 previews.

First & foremost I'd like to thank @meahri_1 for live recaps of the baseball game.It must have been hard on you to multitask(watch the game,write a post on it,read other posts etc.).Although I don't understand the baseball terms(cos' I'm a sports noob),I enjoy reading the live recaps cos' of the anticipation of who wins,how long more til it ends & whether SHR will air as per usual.I'm afraid you might have to do it again next week though.Hang in there!:grin:

Thank you @MadraRua for the rollcall everytime an episode airs.Real tough job considering that the baseball game is on every monday for three weeks so the usual airing of episode on monday becomes indefinite.:smiley:

Thank you to all the moderators who help to put info on ep16 in spoilers,remind us of the rules...basically helping to keep this thread clean and in order so that we Eclipses can continue to discuss without fearing whether the thread will be shut down.I don't know all of the moderators here(sorry:sweatingbullets:) so please pm me or quote so that I can add your names here.You guys have worked really hard not only during the chaos the past 24 hrs but since this thread has started.So BIG THANK YOU to all of you :heart:

The baseball game was terrible yesterday.Why are they so bad?Or equally good?...Actually I'm not sure...I watched a few minutes of the game on AQ Stream and stopped watching since I don't know what on earth was going on.Had to depend on live baseball updates to get a sense of what was going on.Sighs...I hope next week isn't as bad or worse than this one.:tears:

Because of baseball and (most of the blame goes to...)poor scheduling by SBS,we weren't able to watch the episode yesterday.Actually...reflecting back,not being able to watch the ep yesterday made me sad.But not given announcements or definite statements until a few minutes before the episode was supposed to air made me angry.The fact that the baseball game only went a few minutes over 10p.m KST and yet the episode did not air but news was on instead made me rage.I don't know how the channels made dealings/agreements with each other,but whatever it is,respect the whole cast and crew who made huge efforts to complete this project to the best of their ability.Respect us viewers too cos' most of us pay to watch this show and we support your country's talents.:triumph:

Sighs....keep calm.Stop ranting....

Ok...now on to ep16.I watched the leaked version last night twice cos' I was afraid when I refresh the page,I would not be able to watch the SoSoo scenes again:wub:I cried til I got a headache for the first 10 minutes,was freaked out by Yo praying scenes and my heart fluttered in about last 10 minutes of SoSoo scenes.Watched SBS version just now and I realised different sequences of scenes,different BGM and added scenes that international version doesn't have(Yo with WooHee,Soo night backhugs So,extended kiss scene,Yo has nightmares + fainting/heart attack)I can't wait til eng subs come out for those added scenes.Had fun playing 'spot the difference' with all of you and some of you guys are really funny:lol:(e.g So being angry cos' Yo's earring weren't in his will,So angry cos' Crazy Queen SMS disturbed SoSoo in chamber etc.)

Even the preview for both versions differ.I find international one more 'happier' than SBS version just because it has the scene in the King's chambers whereas So looked scary/vicious at the last part of SBS version.Looking forward to SoSoo conversation in King's chambers and one of the most awaited scenes-the mask scene:w00t: Though I wonder...why did So suddenly say he wanted to 'kill them all'(something along those lines) and who are 'them'? I predict that we'll get some sweet/bittersweet SoSoo scenes in the middle of episode 17 but it will end sad/tragic.Maybe with another person's death.

Somehow,every episode since episode 11 has someone dying in it.I half 'got used to it' and half 'am depressed by it' kind of mood whenever someone dies.I guess that's how Goryeo is like.:tears:

• Like 16

24 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

Ah the SBS ep was worth the wait. I can die happily now. ...not! We need an all-inclusive, complete edition with all the scenes they've filmed!!!

Same here! Now I want the complete edition even more! :D How things are going about this? 

------------------

Thanks for the recaps everyone!

But now it seems like what I was fearing about So change in a spite of 3 episodes will happen :(, but better waiting for the episode because till now every time we thought So was gonna do something "bad" , turned out the previews were just misleading and it was the situation who called for it. So I'll try not to judge him before know what is happening. 

Still, I can't help but get extremely worried over him. I already accepted OTP will not have a happy ending, but to also see So's character become extremely bad is something I definitely won't be happy about...

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, millie10468 said:

Don't know if it's already been mentioned but there's no Jung probably asking to marry Soo in the SBS version. What does this mean?

Hmm, maybe when it happen's sbs will throw in a flashback of WY granting it. 

Can I just say, today's episode was most definitely worth the wait, I can't wait to watch it with subs and I also can't wait for the bts to be released. 

It's a shame they didn't add the hug between HS and WS after they kissed and it would have been nice if they kissed while star gazing but we got a back hug instead:wub:. Although, I still need to watch it with subs to understand what HS was saying, the back hug scene reminded me of when WS back hugged HS and told her he missed her.  

• Like 11

1 minute ago, liz-danielle said:

you have forgotten WS jealous (due to WW/HS previous relationship), HS's maid (the "steam" scene and HS discover she is pregnant)... then miscarriage and HS' death.... WS/HS conversation where she reverts her true name and confessed she is not HS etc... WS regrets he didn't get a chance to see her last... etc etc... i wonder how they put all these scene in 4 episodes....

WS jealous about WW will happen its either when everything going down between them or in the end where Soo want to go away from palace...

WS will never steam people but i pretty sure he will kill CR on the treason punishment...

the pregnancy i think will happen... there is no need for bed scene if they did't want to use that plot... Soo miscarriage will lead to sickness and yes WS will changed darker because of this... 

Soo i think will not confess about her from the future.. its Jimong part who will reveal later to So...

the last episode is all about how deep actually Soo been loving So even after all this time... the hairpin , arrow and the poem also the letter that she will write.. and So regret is going to be death of me..

and maybe the 20th century So and Soo short love story?

• Like 16

19 minutes ago, millie10468 said:

I can't remember if there was the Jung scene probably asking to marry Soo in the SBS version. Was there?

Nope, they cut it out from the SBS version. It'll probably end up being a flashback at the end if/when Jung offers to take Soo away. Even in the international version, we don't actually see what Jung asks Yo for so I can see why they cut it from the episode.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, ChewyChocolate said:

I bet the monkey in the lantern scene is actually Wook pretending to be a lantern.

actuality I thought its brilliant that they put the monkey lantern there, this year is the year of the monkey in Chinese/Korean zodiac

by the way I noticed Wang Yo went thru 4 pairs of earrings these two eps:D

@penelop3 ljg has only a very short scene in Resident Evil, he is in one of the trailer, towards the end, he jumps in from the left side, you cannot blink, otherwise you will miss his face which appeared in a split second.

• Like 17

Episode 17 tentative broadcast on monday..... pleaseeeee SBS dont choose baseball over SHR.... Not  again..:bawling:

I Will ask Kang Chul to summon all baseball Players so we can have episode 17 on next monday...... 

just cant wait.......I want lantern boat scene right now...... i want my otp lovey dovey scene right now..... ^_^

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

Okay I can not wait for tomorrow or the coming days for the Kissu Scenes 

behind the scenes

I am living only for this! :wub::lol:

13 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Nawww he apologise to Eun thru his IG hahaha!

He is so cute!!! :)

• Like 16

6 minutes ago, liz-danielle said:

you have forgotten WS jealous (due to WW/HS previous relationship), HS's maid (the "steam" scene and HS discover she is pregnant)... then miscarriage and HS' death.... WS/HS conversation where she reverts her true name and confessed she is not HS etc... WS regrets he didn't get a chance to see her last... etc etc... i wonder how they put all these scene in 4 episodes....

6 minutes ago, ShinRaeMi said:

I can only think of one reason why he have to marry YH later - he needs an heir inorder to install a CROWN PRINCE.

If HS will get pregnant, I'm sure she's going to lose her child. WM's daughter is too young. So, he will be forced to marry YH in the end.

We're all wrong.  YH is gonna die and HS will live on using YH identity.  The next 4 episodes is WS killing everyone off to keeping this secret.  I hope.  :phew:

History says WS and YH have 5 children, and the first one became WS successor so WTF did they make more, all princesses at that (one prince died young I think).  I know you gotta make backups just in case but history seems to make it like he loved YH as she's the only person of reasonable age he married and had children with in an age with more than a handful of wives and children all over the place (just look at his dad and all his ladies lol).  I would much prefer it if this YH historically was actually HS and that would complete their love story totally!

• Like 19

I really do understand the frustration of having two versions of the same episode out there. And maybe it's just me but sometimes I'm really grateful we do have two versions. Take this episode for example. I'm never enjoyed live-streaming as much as I did today playing "Spot the Differences."

Of course, I'd rather there was ONE official version that was edited and post-produced to perfection. However, since we obviously can't have that, I'm loving the fact that we get two different but cohesive (if taken together) views of what the story was meant to be. That's why I don't understand why it should be an either-or situation for some. To get the full story, we must definitely watch both. We might prefer the SBS version more since it tends to develop the OTP way better but imo, watching the international version at some point is a must.

SBS better put everything together in one complete episode soon though or I riot.

• Like 13

I literally cry my eyes out in the first part of this episode seeing Eun and Soon Deok scene.. How cruel is that? They don't even want the throne and will leave Goryeo for sure T____T

I haven't seen SBS version, but I wonder why they cut the back hug scene?!

This episode show that loyal is really one of Soo characters. When see sets her heart for one person, she will cling into it and go for it. I think she has shown that she too loves So deeply. that's why it was so hard for her to let Wook go previously because she is just a loyal girl.

on the side note, i am afraid witg jung wish to king.. dont tell me that he wants to marry Soo? but this maybe will not happen based on preview. please just dont. let SoSoo be happy!!

• Like 13

39 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

Ah the SBS ep was worth the wait. I can die happily now. ...not! We need an all-inclusive, complete edition with all the scenes they've filmed!!!

I know, right? SBS might have added the backhug scene, but there are still missing scenes in E16:

1) Extended bed scene: after WS touches her face & HS wakes up, they talk or at the very least they look sweetly at each other while lying together in bed. WS has his palm wrapped around HS's hand.

2) Extended meal scene: WS feeds HS as well (that is NOT a BTS still, since all other stills released at the same time are part of actual scenes that were filmed & shown at least partially)

• Like 24