[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

6 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

Here another one to discuss how That hovering will change or not...will WW jump or just stand...

@solelylurking Seems like WS actions eventhoigh The tiny miny ones are being Recognized as compared to WWs lots of hovering....

Monday.. jaebal come sooner...palli palli...*puppy eyes*

Still back reading and be rigjt back wth more INputs

Maybe the writer is trying to emphasizes that So is man of action else Wook has a lot burden so it's naturally he over thinking stuffs. But it is making me nearly die out of frustation. Like.. Please be a second lead man properly. Break my heart, tear my soul apart. Make me love you eventhough it will not come true. (me being delusional and thingking I'm Hae Soo. Sorry everyone).

Please comeback soon and put more input hehehe..

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

Maybe the writer is trying to emphasizes that So is man of action else Wook has a lot burden so it's naturally he over thinking stuffs. But it is making me nearly die out of frustation. Like.. Please be a second lead man properly. Break my heart, tear my soul apart. Make me love you even though it will not come true. (me being delusional and thingking I'm Hae Soo. Sorry everyone).

Please comeback soon and put more input hehehe..

So true, so true, chingu. You captured it perfectly. :dissapointed:

• Like 15

20 hours ago, solelylurking said:

Two sentences for the pic:

"Eugggghhh.." and "Maid's hell on earth"

The first time I saw it I was like: QUE HORROR.:crazy:

Every servant's nightmare. Drag me to hell part 2. Just what meahri_1 said, if this will take YH away from coveting WS, let's support that ship passionately. :P

• Like 20

wow YH and WY??? the writer really going to go that road... they both have ambition and power hungry tbh.. they are match made from heaven.. LOL 

if that can make YH stay away from both HS and WS i'm all for it but if they work together to bring down at least HS at this point i really hate both of them.. :expressionless:

• Like 18

6 hours ago, theseasasleep said:

WS's mother doesn't like Lady Hae because Lady Hae used her clan's power, money and connections to put WW and WW's mother back in the capital city and in the palace again. Unless I'm sorely mistaken, WS's mother is the reason WW's family was exiled in the first place; WW's speaks semi-bitterly about a situation in the past that caused her to lose the King's trust and I suspect the evil mother had something to do with it. So much of the politics involved seem to rely upon clan power, status or basically, "What can your clan do for me?" Lady Hae's clan apparently could do a lot and had a lot. It's what makes Yeon Hwa's words about the Lady kind of reprehensible, not because they lacked historical truth (if her brother was to move up he needed a new, healthier wife) but because they lacked any appreciation for what Lady Hae did for her and her family. I don't care how powerful Lady Hae's clan is, she had to have spent significant political capital to wash the stink of whatever misdeed caused the exile of WW's fam and she would likely have to continue to spend that capital due to the malicious nature of the evil mother. I think this might have also contributed to Lady Hae withdrawing from whatever naturally mischievous nature she might have had prior to her marriage because living quietly not only matched her husband's manner but also wouldn't attract the evil queen mother's eye.

As for JM, HS and time travel, my personal headcanon is his homeless self jumped into the water to save a drowning HS. We get a shot of him noticing her shoes on the platform as well as the coming eclipse. It would be just like a kdrama for him to attempt to save her because she was kind enough to share a drink and even a word with him when she could have ignored him. I think the heavens/god/fate needed both of them to fulfill their parts in shaping the start of Goryeo, so he got sent where he was needed back to the pre-formation and she was sent where she was needed. JM, with his obvious knowledge of history, likely understands why he's here but he probably doesn't understand why HS is there as well. He's probably trying to figure that out on the sly, the role she's meant to play, especially considering when she appeared - on the day of WS's arrival, on the eve of several assassination attempts and when, it seems to me, JM is subtly arranging things to put WS in place as history needs him. Of course, this all pre-supposes he is also a time traveler; again, personal headcanon until the show tells us otherwise.

Aaah I see...if that's true, then yeah...Lady Hae is a saint for putting up with all of flacks from the royal family...oh Lady Hae, she's one of the few characters that is just too good for the universe she's living in...I will miss her dearly.

Oooh, that's and interesting theory about Ji Mong! It's possible as you said, he's also time-travelled by accident to save Ha Jin. If that's true, I find it kinda odd that Ji Mong seems to adapt to his job as an astronomer and palace life quickly compared to Ha Jin / Hae Soo that caused ruckus because of the drastic change of behavior. I think homeless Ji Mong knows something about the time travel too, but it's possible he doesn't know when it would happen, so when the eclipse happened, he jumped ship too. I kinda hope the writers would explain this more in the future episodes, time travelling is so fascinating for me!

As for Wang So being abandoned by her mother, I think I have a better understanding now. In V App live (LJK, KHN & HJH), Lee Junki explained that because he has a scar, her mother hates Wang So, because beauty was very important for a ruler back in the day. If a face is scarred, it would raises questions of whether he's fit to be a ruler. After hearing that I was like, "What the heck...there's an unwritten rule like that too in the past??", but oh well...if that's the answer, I just have to accept that, I guess. :D

• Like 19

1 minute ago, Gabi Bros said:

I would say is a match made from hell. :lol: 

LOL... my bad i guess that technically correct if we count their behaviour... 

i wish we can perform the same ritual that WS and prince do to chase away evil spirit... lol

• Like 16

13 hours ago, Gabi Bros said:
Why do I feel I have seen the whole episode in one minute? :lol: Too many things happening. 

Thanks! Now it makes sense. So many people have posted this preview but somehow I never saw the English subs properly completed (mostly, certain parts were missing and for some, timing was off) so I was always left feeling a bit confused. Now this whole preview is complete with subs and I finally understand the 3 scenes (every preview I see either missed the scenes entirely or showed them without subs).

1) The exchange between Baek-ah and Woo Hee. Never caught what she said about Baek-ah but now I know she accused him of treating them like pigs and dogs. That's a pretty bad impression to start their relationship because that's totally not his intention. He was just trying to reflect the daily lives of people, the commoners, somewhat like a photographer of today.

2) The exchange between the general and So. He told So that there's only 1 prince who can stay in Songak till the end, the one who ascends the throne. That's foretelling and also planting a seed in So's heart, because out of all the princes, So is the one who yearns most to stay in Songak.

3) The last scene on the bridge with HS and all the princes. She was thinking to herself, one of the princes here would be the "next" king, the one who kills all siblings and becomes Gwangjong. That's interesting because of the following reasons.

a. GJ was not the "next" king but there were two more before it reached him, so either the translation was not done properly (any one who knows Korean and can shed some light on this?) or they changed history in this show (which I won't be too surprised coz there are only 20 episodes and we are 1/5 done so they may need to speed things up).

b. Would So kill all siblings? He has allies among his brothers (at least we predicted so in this show) so would he kill all (that would mean he became a changed person, for the worse) or just those against him?

c. I thought HS's history was lousy and she did not recall the next king after Taejo in ep 1, so how did she suddenly recall all these details?

• Like 17

20 hours ago, chi13lou said:

So if WS became king at the age of 24, minus the 4-year reign of Yo and the 2-year reign of CP, it means he is only 17-18 at this point of the drama.

Or 19 because they add a year on their age unlike how most international count a person's age. So, yeah they're all pretty young to be plotting/conniving evil teens.

• Like 15

18 minutes ago, ilovekorearocks said:

The first time I saw it I was like: QUE HORROR.:crazy:

Every servant's nightmare. Drag me to hell part 2. Just what meahri_1 said, if this will take YH away from coveting WS, let's support that ship passionately. :P

YH's rival is mommy dearest so it's hard to come true. But I support them if it's mean she leaves So alone and I won't have to look at her often hahaha. 

• Like 14

18 minutes ago, shiraru said:

Aaah I see...if that's true, then yeah...Lady Hae is a saint for putting up with all of flacks from the royal family...oh Lady Hae, she's one of the few characters that is just too good for the universe she's living in...I will miss her dearly.

Oooh, that's and interesting theory about Ji Mong! It's possible as you said, he's also time-travelled by accident to save Ha Jin. If that's true, I find it kinda odd that Ji Mong seems to adapt to his job as an astronomer and palace life quickly compared to Ha Jin / Hae Soo that caused ruckus because of the drastic change of behavior. I think homeless Ji Mong knows something about the time travel too, but it's possible he doesn't know when it would happen, so when the eclipse happened, he jumped ship too. I kinda hope the writers would explain this more in the future episodes, time travelling is so fascinating for me!

As for Wang So being abandoned by her mother, I think I have a better understanding now. In V App live (LJK, KHN & HJH), Lee Junki explained that because he has a scar, her mother hates Wang So, because beauty was very important for a ruler back in the day. If a face is scarred, it would raises questions of whether he's fit to be a ruler. After hearing that I was like, "What the heck...there's an unwritten rule like that too in the past??", but oh well...if that's the answer, I just have to accept that, I guess. :D

Hello Time travelers \^0^/

what if Jimong is actually from the advance future than hajin? let's say if Hajin is from 2016, Jimong might be from 2050's or 30's. considering when he met Hajin, he's homeless, possible don't possess any things or family at that time.

but considering the amount of knowledge he knows at the palace and the princes and king seems to know him since they were young, he might have travelled back to 10th century first. then seeing the things going on, and how So was treated, he might travelled back to the future to find "THE ONE" and that's when he saw Hajin.

As for WS mother, I think the scar also reminds her of that night. That the king chose the country over them and marries. And maybe WS is like her stress reliever punching bag taht's why she's cruel to him. And since you've mentioned that looks matter to become a ruler, maybe WS mother originally want him to rule but that NIGHT happened and the scar...

Just my mind running wild. This drama is so intense! The Ships are intense! The fandom are intense! This forum is intense! xDD

• Like 23

As I am re-watching the drama and googling on Goryeo's history (like I have the best knowledge of my own country's history), there are few things that I wonder how they will actually incorporate the history into this drama:

1. Wang Mu (The Crown Prince) will eventually become the emperor after his father's death. In wikipedia, it was mention that he reigned for 2 years and his reign was marked by power struggle catapulted by the conspiracies between the two brothers that are Wang Yo and Wang So who share the same mom, Queen SMS. But in the drama, it seems that Wang So and Wang Yo are on the opposite sides and should Wang So really did team up with Wang Yo to take down the Crown Prince, that would definitely break my heart as CP seems to be a very nice guy who at least has a genuine care towards Wang So.

2. Before Wang So (Gwangjeong) took the thrones, there were the Crown Prince (Hyejeong) and Wang Yo (Jeongjong). Which means, Wang So has two obstacles and I am intrigued to see how he eventually ascended the throne, especially that I noticed Jeongjong died at the age 26, and Wang So eventually succeeded him.

3. Wang So's first son was born in year 955, 6 years after Wang So became emperor. I am curious to know if he married Yeonhwa before or after he ascended the throne. I don't know what's the timeline depicted in Shine or Crazy, was the marriage happened before or after his rose to power. Plus, as far as I know, the emperor needs to have an empress, at least I think that the pre-requisite before the coronation.

4. At this juncture, only Wang Yo has eyes for the throne. I am wondering who else will be involved in the power struggle, when and what eventually trigger them.

Couldn't wait till next Monday though I think the drama will focus more on the loveline between Soo and Wang Wook and the battle of the throne may come a bit later. I couldn't believe that I am actually so looking forward to Monday.

• Like 20

Hallo all, i am a newbi

I don't know if someone has mentioned it before. but i did some research to figure out the age of our princes. The story took place in the year of 942, the 25th years of Taejo reign. While Wang So was born in the year of 925. this means WS is 17 yo at this time. Taejo became the king in 918, WS was 7yo. But, in the 3rd ep, when Teojo asked WS why he wanted to stay at the palace, he mentioned about something that happened 15 years before (which means he was 2 yo) when Wang Mu saved his lived. IMO, WS was pointing about the incident with Queen SMS. but at that time, Taejo is already became the king. the timeline is quite messed up..

WS and WW born in the same year, so in what age did WW married to Lady Hae?????..

Confused... 

Edited by AyaA
  • Like 19