[Official] ❤ Taeyang Couple ❤ Duk Sun and Sun Woo Reply 1988

heartoppaya

I took this from chinese fans, don't know if it's right. (I'm not good at chinese, yep again haha)

DS's husband told her that SW turned her confession down in 1988. 
And on the official web R88, they changed SW's and Teak's profile. 

SW's profile: SW knows his love for BR is facing the obstacle, but he still wants to go on.

I think we should wait, tomorrow I'll have my language sub..

If BR married SW, they can't be referring to him as SW right? They wud have referred to him as 'hyungbo' I think as per brother in law...

If he heard the confession,  then he's JH for sure.  So what's the point watching the drama for the next 14 episodes when we already gets the ending & know for sure who DS ends up with now?

Yes, I also wonder at this point, maybe they heard something wrong, we need the exact sub

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if SW didn't end with DS, I don't want him to end with Bora. I can't help feeling disappointed the guy with the personality I like the most turn out to be a backstabber moron! I still can't digest, being a close friend to DS, fully aware how's BR treatment to her since they were little, he could still use DS to get to BR ! 

I hope from now on DS would ignore him completely.  She'll avoid him & give him cold shoulder &  then watch him eats his words when he finally realized he wants DS by his side but DS has moves on!!!

Just thought...by looking at where they were in 2015, it looks DS & hubby live in a luxury apartment. I suddenly remember a few episodes ago, the parents were telling Choi appa to invest Taek's money in some sort of a posh apartment. I know the 2015 hubby is quite talkative but cud he possibly the husband? Sumhow if SW's out I prefer Taek over JH...at least even if she didn't mean it, she did promised Taek she'll marry him when he grow up!

Even if SW didn't end with DS, I don't want him to end with Bora. I can't help feeling disappointed the guy with the personality I like the most turn out to be a backstabber moron! I still can't digest, being a close friend to DS, fully aware how's BR treatment to her since they were little, he could still use DS to get to BR ! 

I hope from now on DS would ignore him completely.  She'll avoid him & give him cold shoulder &  then watch him eats his words when he finally realized he wants DS by his side but DS has moves on!!!

Just thought...by looking at where there were in 2015, it looks DS & hubby live in a luxury apartment. I suddenly remember a few episodes ago, the parents were telling Choice appa to invest Taek's money in some sort of a posh apartment. I know the 2015 hubby is quite talkative but cud he possibly the husband? Sumhow if SW's out I prefer Taek over JH...at least even if she didn't mean it, she did promised Taek she'll marry him when he grow up!

I wish that too. I expected they'd show us the deep feelings, but they gave us a makjang plot. 
Unless it was Reply series, I wouldn't be disappointed like this.

Just thought...by looking at where they were in 2015, it looks DS & hubby live in a luxury apartment. I suddenly remember a few episodes ago, the parents were telling Choi appa to invest Taek's money in some sort of a posh apartment. I know the 2015 hubby is quite talkative but cud he possibly the husband? Sumhow if SW's out I prefer Taek over JH...at least even if she didn't mean it, she did promised Taek she'll marry him when he grow up!

Ditto! You've said what i want to say the most! How can he do that to DS when he saw how BR treated DS all this while? BR pretty and smart but she is a b**** even to her own parents! And SW is such a fillial son..i guess love really makes you blind...yes!i want DS to ignore him also..until he realize his feeling but i want DS to marry Taek instead! I like your theory on the apartment..i saw few pictures frame at the display cabinet besides the sofa..i've tried to strain my eyes to see if we can recognize the person in the picture but can't...a trolling form again from the production team...

Good morning from my country~~wake up to back thread 2 pages and yes im still butt hurt on what happened last night..still having the mental breakdown...

" Fast-forward to November 2015. Deok-sun complains about someone blowing smoke in her face, and Unni Bora (Jeon Mi-sun) begs her to let it go because she can’t smoke at home. Bora’s phone rings with a video call from her husband, and Deok-sun has to remind her to put her cigarette out first.

Bora tells her husband to come over to Deok-sun’s house and says super sweetly that she misses him. Later, the interview continues with Deok-sun and her husband, and the interviewer asks what first snow reminds them of.

Husband: “Throwing yourself at Sun-woo and getting rejected?” Pwahahaha. That’s mean! Also, now we know you’re not Sun-woo, so thanks for that. He teases her mercilessly for sending postcards into Lee Moon-se’s radio show and the whole deal, and Deok-sun asks how he knows any of that. Hm, how do you know all that?"

Cr: drama beans http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/11/answer-me-1988-episode-6/

So now can we just move on? :) yes time to move on, i even began to search for another drama to watch (how i wish CITT aired soon T_T). Let's do another things to do so we can fully get over it. Fighting!

Guest Naniiz Anchovy

I was about to give up this ship after seeing SW-BS confession scene. However, something came to my mind, what if SW has two personality disorder? (his glances, when he got bullied on EP1 or 2 i can't remember, but it makes me suspect that he has a dark side)  This symptom might happen after his dad passed away because we still don't know what happened to SW's dad. If it was too much for him, maybe another personality appears. 

Anyway! it is just my hopeful thought. I don't want to see SW end up with BR, he is too good for her :tears:

Ps. sorry for my poor English :sweatingbullets: 

gals.... i will try to watch/complete ep 5 and 6 tonite. dun know how i gonna to plow thru ep 6.

regarding GKP, wow i didn't know he is so vocal on his SNS. OMG, arguing with fans is almost suicidal.

now with SW out of running, i will root for Taek. but somehow i just dun see Taek as the hubby, Taek character and helplessness. i dun see him bickering with DS (2015). *sigh*

whatever happens, i also dun want see SW-BR and DS-JH combo. give me a JB-BR combo. JB is so sweet when he served BR the juice during tuition session. i am going out on a limb here, i will even go for a DS-DR combo if DS-Taek dun work out. anything and anyone just not JH! 

gals.... i will try to watch/complete ep 5 and 6 tonite. dun know how i gonna to plow thru ep 6.

regarding GKP, wow i didn't know he is so vocal on his SNS. OMG, arguing with fans is almost suicidal.

now with SW out of running, i will root for Taek. but somehow i just dun see Taek as the hubby, Taek character and helplessness. i dun see him bickering with DS (2015). *sigh*

whatever happens, i also dun want see SW-BR and DS-JH combo. give me a JB-BR combo. JB is so sweet when he served BR the juice during tuition session. i am going out on a limb here, i will even go for a DS-DR combo if DS-Taek dun work out. anything and anyone just not JH! 

I also cant see Taek as the husband..saw some comment on youtube that the current husband is so much like JH including he didn't put on sock which is very true tho...pd nim and writer nim mentioned before there will be no more the husband game in R88..maybe they speak the truth..maybe they intend to disclose the husband as soon as possible and never thought of having to hide it till the end of the series...since i dont think Taek will get DS in the end..i dont think i will watch at all..giving up totally...im watching Oh My Venus currently ;)

Guest Firentsu

They could make such a lot of things...for the love story. But they gave a hackneyed story...clichéd

I prefer really the first reply (1997). I'm also watching Oh My Venus :)

Guest skeletonworks

I really hope you guys don't get heartbroken the 2nd time by shipping Taek with DS T_T Taek gave me the CB vibe because he made the first move and he has this sad puppy look like CB. If my instinct is right, the writer will make his character get thrown under the bus. Writer's definition of romance is for female lead to get married to someone unexpected. I betcha if there's Reply Season 4, the romance will be the same :phew: What's the point of watching R88 or any future Reply series. I'll just rerun R94 then. Better storylines. Better characters. Funnier.

@Naniiz Anchovy I really like your scenario about Sunwoo having a split personality but for it to happen in Reply series, it seems unlikely. A small part of me wish there'd be a light at the end of the tunnel for SW and DS to happen. I just hate that SW-BR is happening because I really hate BR and he doesn't deserve someone nice like SW.

I really hope you guys don't get heartbroken the 2nd time by shipping Taek with DS T_T Taek gave me the CB vibe because he made the first move and he has this sad puppy look like CB. If my instinct is right, the writer will make his character get thrown under the bus. Writer's definition of romance is for female lead to get married to someone unexpected. I betcha if there's Reply Season 4, the romance will be the same :phew: What's the point of watching R88 or any future Reply series. I'll just rerun R94 then. Better storylines. Better characters. Funnier.

@Naniiz Anchovy I really like your scenario about Sunwoo having a split personality but for it to happen in Reply series, it seems unlikely. A small part of me wish there'd be a light at the end of the tunnel for SW and DS to happen. I just hate that SW-BR is happening because I really hate BR and he doesn't deserve someone nice like SW.

Yeah,this is the case with me too,I don't want to see him with bora,that's like two heartbreaks at a time,first  he is not getting together with deok sun,and the second blow with matching him up with the selfish person that bora is.I can't warm up to her and jh,but they are two main characters of this drama.This is just a drama going wrong with everything possible,and I've learnt a good lesson,I wont be waiting for any reply series from now on,lol.SW as a character had such great potentials and it's now all lost in the drain.I just feel like this series is too cruel to us at this point.

Guest Firentsu

for BR, I never matching with SW... She selfish...worse if she says "yes". SW, I prefer to see with totally another person.

But DS with JH, I can't. Her sister call enough "stupid" and one more :huh:... yeah two heartbreaks

@sc_12c8b0ed95055cea92622993793eb685 I use "free video to gif maker" but I don't know if there is a better software. Nobody knows ?

Guest skeletonworks

@sc_12c8b0ed95055cea92622993793eb685 If you use Mac, I use Gifgrabber and sometimes I edit the brightness & contrast in photoshop. Pls make loads of SW-DS gifs :P

@nearsea Totally with you in this. Double blow. Double heartbreak. That's why I'm so hung up on this. I just cannot get it out of my system.

Yeah,this is the case with me too,I don't want to see him with bora,that's like two heartbreaks at a time,first  he is not getting together with deok sun,and the second blow with matching him up with the selfish person that bora is.I can't warm up to her and jh,but they are two main characters of this drama.This is just a drama going wrong with everything possible,and I've learnt a good lesson,I wont be waiting for any reply series from now on,lol.SW as a character had such great potentials and it's now all lost in the drain.I just feel like this series is too cruel to us at this point.

Lesson learnt: I'm never gonna put such a high expectation on any drama anymore. (Trying to reduce the expectation I'm having with CITT *sigh*).

Anyway... I think they're really going for family drama this time and the Koreans love it to bits. The ratings are the testament to it and also the comments below:

201511210221565810_1.jpg

Article: 'Reply' What are we to do without our mother?

Source: X Sports News via Naver

1. [+12,239, -137] I saw my father cry for the first time during the scene when Sunwoo's mother was crying while saying "Mother"

2. [+11,368, -123] Who would bother watching the Grand Bell Awards when this drama is on ㅋㅋㅋ

me: I'll watch other drama

3. [+9,966, -104] I love you, mother

4. [+8,581, -62] This drama is so touching ㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+2,962, -19] Dongryong knows the hearts of people well..

-

SourceDaum

1. [+1,879, -26] I cried so hard.. I miss those days. I miss my mother too.

2. [+1,525, -18] Cried and laughed, talk about an episode full of push and pulls

3. [+1,156, -48] Sunwoo and Bora at the end... Junghwan and Duksun... The reason Sunwoo went to Duksun's house is not for Duksun but for Bora, right? ㅎ I hope I'm right

4. [+705, -4] Could there be another touching dramas such as this... there was not one scene that could be discarded. This drama is like an oasis in a desert full of nothing but chaebol stories of affairs. I'm so touched that I don't think I can sleep tight ㅜㅜ..

5. [+596, -7] What is this drama... it's just drilling a hole into my heart...

-

Article: 'Reply' An episode that was by mothers because of mothers for mothers

Source: Newsen via Nate

1. [+290, -8] Because god could not be everywhere at once, he created mothers...

2. [+253, -5] I cried so hard when Sunwoo's mother picked up the call from her own mother and couldn't speak because she was so choked up ㅠㅠ

3. [+210, -5] How can each episode be filled with such touching scenes... the producers are amazing.

me: Until they ruin SW....

4. [+28, -3] As I grew and matured, I naturally started calling my dad 'father' but no matter how old I get, even in my forties now, I still call my mother 'mom, mom' she is no one but my mom...

5. [+25, -1] This drama is so much better with less love lines. The previous seasons were too focused on the love lines that the triangles tired us and all the husband searching got exhausting..

-

201511210840774395_564fb00b9234b.jpg

Article: 'Reply' hits highest viewer rating at 10.8% with the touching stories of mothers

Source: OSEN via Nate

1. [+197, -5] Honestly, this season's just daebak...

2. [+188, -6] 1997 = teen drama, 1994 = romcom, 1988 = family drama... the best one yet

3. [+128, -4] I cry almost every episode... laugh and cry

4. [+21, -2] Ugh, that part in the narration when they said "because god could not be everywhere at once, he created mothers." mom ㅜㅜ...

5. [+14, -1] Honestly, this season's the most daebak...

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.my/2015/11/tv-spoilers-reply-1988.html

I think if I don't have anyone to ship, I might watch this drama until the end. But since I'm heartbroken and felt wronged/betrayed/just mad at myself, I don't think I will. I'll still drop by once in awhile to read comments here. Besides I follow this thread so I'll get daily digest from soompi in my mailbox.

Hahaa skeletonworks I might have watched it too,if not for the heartache I'd feel everytime sun woo-bora is onscreen,by now I wish gkp was not even there in the first place,so that might have been less tormentsome than how it is now.I do want to watch/enjoy the other chapters involved with the older generation..but just seeing the trio  all over the screen would be too much for me to digest lol...[jh-ds-bora].I guess I can't even make myself laugh a bit in the jokes that are obviously there,so it's something like getting invited in the wrong birthday party.Maybe I'll watch it,when the pain has lessened down a lot,which might never happen.

I'd just keep watching other drama,as you =|.[I saw someone over the main thread saying how last time chilbong fans are here for jh,I felt hurt a bit,maybe I got too vulnerable over this? What's wrong with me? * _*]

Guest skeletonworks

Hahaa skeletonworks I might have watched it too,if not for the heartache I'd feel everytime sun woo-bora is online,by now I wish gkp was not even there in the first place,so that might have been less tormentsome than how it is now.I do want to watch/enjoy the other chapters involved with the older generation..but just seeing the trio  all over the screen would be too much for me to digest lol...[jh-ds-bora].I guess I can't even make myself laugh a bit in the jokes that are obviously there,so it's something like getting invited in the wrong birthday party.Maybe I'll watch it,when the pain has lessened down a lot,which might never happen.

I'd just keep watching other drama,as you =|.[I saw someone over the main thread saying how last time chilbong fans are here for jh,I felt hurt a bit,maybe I got too vulnerable over this? What's wrong with me? * _*]

THIS IS SO TRUE. I wish he wasn't there in the first place. I know he's quite well known already but it's always a small role so I thought that he'd have his big break in Reply, but I was totally wrong.

What do you mean by "how last time chilbong fans are here for jh"? I don't get it. You mean CB fans now are supporters of JH? I can only conclude that CB fans like guys who has unrequited love towards the female lead who in turn likes another guy (LOL)? It's okay though. This time the husband will be the one that they want. So no more butthurt like last time. But some of them might now shift to Taek's team :-) Just because...

Hahaa skeletonworks I might have watched it too,if not for the heartache I'd feel everytime sun woo-bora is online,by now I wish gkp was not even there in the first place,so that might have been less tormentsome than how it is now.I do want to watch/enjoy the other chapters involved with the older generation..but just seeing the trio  all over the screen would be too much for me to digest lol...[jh-ds-bora].I guess I can't even make myself laugh a bit in the jokes that are obviously there,so it's something like getting invited in the wrong birthday party.Maybe I'll watch it,when the pain has lessened down a lot,which might never happen.

THIS IS SO TRUE. I wish he wasn't there in the first place. I know he's quite well known already but it's always a small role so I thought that he'd have his big break in Reply, but I was totally wrong.

What do you mean by "how last time chilbong fans are here for jh"? I don't get it. You mean CB fans now are supporters of JH? I can only conclude that CB fans like guys who has unrequited love towards the female lead who in turn likes another guy (LOL)? It's okay though. This time the husband will be the one that they want. So no more butthurt like last time. But some of them might now shift to Taek's team :-) Just because...

Yeah taek has become a dark horse now.It's surprising how he rose out of nowhere,and calling deok sun on the first snow day,I just don't like the fact how they're making him someone right out from a melodrama,maybe it goes well with the nineties tragic roles? [the classic,love rain comes in mind].But maybe I just want jin joo to grow fast and the drama to fast forward a bit,so we get to see taek in a more cute romance..though I won't hope much.

_On gkp,has not he been here for a long time? I've seen people with less promise to have more roles than he's already got so far,and it's disappointing.And it's not his big break either.

yeah.... finished both eps. somehow plowed thru. knowing what is going to happen lessen the shock, disappointment. and just skip whenever JH appears.

gonna watch it as a family drama and for PBG. i also feel the same as DS, dun wan see SW.

was quite surprised BR offered to drive SW mum to see sick JJ. seriously with her black face, BR is someone who will take and not give. JB is a genius, enjoyed watching him solve all the household problems. still hoping JB-BR combo. Taek and JB deserve a bit of love.

i hope that Taek will shine in the future eps. since i started R88 for PGB, GKP and Sung parents, now i will just watch for PGB and all the parents.

Guys I just remembered that Lee yi kyung auditioned for that drama...and I felt excited back then,because he has the potential of a good actor,but later he got rejected and I thought park bo gum has been taken instead of lyk.Now it looks like rjy took his place,and when the news broke out,every site stated how lyk's being considered for the male lead,and the production team was miffed with the unofficial news.Now it seems like the role 'was' intended for the male lead? And,it also justifies the production team's concern over the news.Maybe this just seals the bitter truth we already know..lol.

P/S : I don't think the heightened ratings confirm the fact that drama would be good too.For instance,every season of sherlock gets more rating than the previous one,it's because more people tune in to watch the drama,and the hype gets much bigger.I'd still think to myself that 94 had better fun portions story wise,and the friendships were more gravitating/pull worthy.

I still don't get it ....Just like Alfred Hitchcock movies "Who's The Murderer" trademark Reply series has its very own "Who's The Husband" trademark or concept. That's what make it exciting since it keeps moving between the past & the present, leaving traces of happening for us audience to look for the clue.

Now we're just at ep 6, less than half way to go & they have confirm the husband? So why exactly are we watching it now if we already have the end game? Am I the only one who look forward for this Reply series search for husband game? I love to look for clues to figure out who's the husband, and I think that's what make the Reply series inteeresting & different from other K-drama.

Here's a thought..... 

No matter how much I think it simply doesn't make sense the husband was revealed in  not even half way to go. In R97 at this point we're still looking for a couple to announce their engagement, we didn't even start looking for the husband yet! In R94, at this point we just find out Trash isn't NJ's biological brother. Yet in R88 we already confirmed the husband within 3 weeks of its airing?

So here's a thought.... could it  possible that the last few ep & the next coming episode focus on 1st love? How it happen to each one of the 5 friends. First love is just that a first love. It doesn't have to be the love of one's life but a sweet memory of adolescent

1)  DS first love was SW. It started when she misunderstood his extra attention for her as love

2) JH first love was DS. It happened after their body were trapped close together, and for the first time his body recognized her body as a woman, and his body stirred up some physical reaction 

3) SW first love was BR.  As he told DS he fall for the bratty sister becos she's pretty & smart  ( A damp shallow reason if you ask me! )

4) Taek first love was DS. We haven't seen yet how exactly it happened but I suspect he already like her when she pat his butt & told him she'll marry him once he grow up in ep 2

5) DR , still haven't got a clue on his first love yet. Probably coming soon in next episode.

Now first love happened to almost everyone but not everyone end up with their first love...perhaps this is what the story going to tell.

Also perhaps it still not end game yet ( ok this is most probably to console myself). Sumone mentioned in 2015  DS & hubby were doing an interview & the interviewer asked the first thing they think of first snow. Now hubby said " Confess to SW & get rejected"   It was obvious hubby was teasing DS. Now so far there's only 3 people who know abt the confession & rejection. JH, DS & SW himself. It happened 27 years ago & JH still remembers it? That the confession & rejection happened on the first day of snow? Sure JH overheard DS confess to SW that night & was rejected but he didn't know it happen becos of the first snow! That DS first love was crush to pieces when SW came looking for BR becos of the first snow  & he got a real good smack on the head from DS. So would JH still remember it happened on the first snow? It would be different for DS & SW since it happened becos of the first snow. Everybody concluded SW is of the list becos older hubby mentioned SW's name but what if hubby was just answering the first snow question by playfully making a statement "Confess to SW & get rejected"  when actually hubby was referring to himself?   :phew:

Archived