[Official] ❤ Taeyang Couple ❤ Duk Sun and Sun Woo Reply 1988

heartoppaya

@lxands Thank you for the clarification on first name and surname.So,woo is not a surname? Lol I thought it's meant to be the last name,but then if jae is the surname then it could belong from jh household right? 

I also like the friendship part apart from the loveline,and liked how all of them waited for taek's final game news..that was really fun when all of them lined up together to greet him,and then started eating pizzas before even talking to him properly in the first place lol.The friends and family parts are still the reason I'm watching,but again don't know how far I'd be able to take it lol. 

Honestly the reason I'm not posting in main thread anymore is because ,majority do not share my pov,so it's like getting lost in the bunch of lot.I feel home here because we can talk about our preferences and differences without getting hyped about it right? Just that what we wanted dint work out but yeah we're not yet lost dead in the indian ocean lol @kaykafisyah.

One more to add on BR..i didn't watch the episode with sub yet but please correct me if im wrong..when SW came their house to borrow something from DS (when his leg still in cast and he was sitting at the door sill and was looking at bora brushing her teeth)..DS came and give him the thing he wants (an eraser?) Isn't that BR said "that's mine" ? If it's true..at time i really found it weird coz BR didn't go crazy as always when DS touches her stuffs..

Lol yeah,she dint object at all that he is taking her stuff =/.It's like she keeps it all reserved for venting on deok sun lol.

Maybe a writer is also a human after all..let just say that she just bad at writing a piece with so many characters involved and she tends to off track sometimes..but i don't feel like she lacks anything during R94 or we just missed it out..i mean in R88..very little background story we have on SW/DR and even Taek but in R94 she spent some on samcheonpo family and loveline..on haitai's 1st love and when he's in the army..on chilbong and his mother and his baseball on bingeurae and his confusion state of mind, his family etc and of course a lot on building up NJ/Trash..maybe she will later in the series since still got 14 episodes more to go but now that we have mentioned about this..i now see the hole in this piece she can actually covers a lot in 6 episodes tho and sooo agree with you how the drama frequently revolves around JH and his family..im being a butt hurt i know :P  i still feel cheated by the writer and shin pd..

On the brighter note : its fun how this thread still very much alive tho our ship has been long sinking into the Indian Ocean...

You're right and maybe the story is not just the creation of the writer ,the director and producer must have same share of their opinions on the script.But yes,reply '94 is still a more compact drama,I loved the camaraderie there,and how each one of them were given same level of concentration.Maybe,it's still early to predict how it's going for 88,just I wished it was not only focused on jh,as all of jh's father's quirks are not my cup of tea.He gets on my nerves sometimes =/,and I wonder why taek or DR's fathers do not have their share.From the little that I have seen of DR's father,liked the equation between him and DR.I started watching the series hoping sun woo and jh would be given same level of importance,but as the series went on,we saw less and less of sun woo..until the point,he's given as much screen presence as DR or taek..not much.And for this reason,maybe the guessing on husband is futile by now =/.Instead of that,we can talk about just things we like and dint.

On a side note,actor kim tae hoon is doing a cameo probably,he'd be acting as a surgeon probably..now don't know if that belongs to the future part or the past.Really like this actor,loved his role in 'hidden identity'.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@kaykafisyah Are we allowed to talk about other dramas here? Okay just a short post.Don't watch village alone at night! I had shivers each time the eerie music used to play in the background =S,never thought kdrama had the ability to pull off horror.Another off topic,does anyone watch another tvn show youth over flowers? Apparently jung woo's gonna be on this,and I feel like watching the show,though don't know if it gets subbed or not.Does anyone have any idea if the show gets subbed or not.

@nearsea now that you have mentioned it..i have no choice but to watch at night huhu ill better wait till weekend then..watch during the day. Ive read on the Youth over flowers S3 news as well..JW was supposed to join CB/BG/Haitai on their Laos trip last season but he couldnt make it so im glad he's in the next season tho i wish he is with the R94 gang tho..and i cant wait to have R88 gang on the show next..all 4 of them tho im not fond of JH haha my iptv have mnet channel..it will be 2-3 weeks late but ok for me as long as i got to watch with sub..in my country..iptv and satelite tv provider both have mnet channel still easy for us to watch tvn variety shows..but the dramas are always late..some even a year late..

Just so this post is not OT..who is KimTae Hoon? (Ok ill google him up ;)) im looking forward to any cameo especially from R94 and R97 (if any) heard JW and Ara will make a cameo but not sure when and if it's true..actually when i started R88..u know what i look to the most? Il Hwa omma sings along with Ahn Jae Wook's forever love haha both R94 & R97 they have that scene..so i think they will repeat again..but that will be in the 90's and also Dong Il appa imitate KimJongEun year 2000 new year's add..something along the line .. "yeorobunnnnnn gonganghasaeyooo..." *sigh* i cant even watch episode 5&6 tho..dunno if ill have the guts to watch the rest of the series..i feel like i bttr do a R94 marathon at least its a happy ending for me..

Edit: coming back from googling on KimTaeHoon...and i was likè...oooo this ajussi hahaha i 1st watch him on Nice Guy back in 2012? Since then i always thought him as pervert ajussi lol dont ask me why..he gives me that vibe

Guest skeletonworks

One more to add on BR..i didn't watch the episode with sub yet but please correct me if im wrong..when SW came their house to borrow something from DS (when his leg still in cast and he was sitting at the door sill and was looking at bora brushing her teeth)..DS came and give him the thing he wants (an eraser?) Isn't that BR said "that's mine" ? If it's true..at time i really found it weird coz BR didn't go crazy as always when DS touches her stuffs..

Maybe a writer is also a human after all..let just say that she just bad at writing a piece with so many characters involved and she tends to off track sometimes..but i don't feel like she lacks anything during R94 or we just missed it out..i mean in R88..very little background story we have on SW/DR and even Taek but in R94 she spent some on samcheonpo family and loveline..on haitai's 1st love and when he's in the army..on chilbong and his mother and his baseball on bingeurae and his confusion state of mind, his family etc and of course a lot on building up NJ/Trash..maybe she will later in the series since still got 14 episodes more to go but now that we have mentioned about this..i now see the hole in this piece she can actually covers a lot in 6 episodes tho and sooo agree with you how the drama frequently revolves around JH and his family..im being a butt hurt i know :P  i still feel cheated by the writer and shin pd..

On the brighter note : its fun how this thread still very much alive tho our ship has been long sinking into the Indian Ocean...

1. IKR. Why didn't she go berserk that DS casually lend her stuff to SW? (I think it's needles, not eraser.) But my conclusion is that maybe it's not very important OR she's a bit tame in front of outsiders (non-family members) OR she's kinda not in the mood (she just got scolded because joining the rally).
  2. I feel like R94 is great maybe because my end game is real. Other team might think differently. Even though I immensely like it, I wouldn't say it's without holes. After it ends, I expect they would explain some of the stuffs they did before they reveal the husband (now I can't remember already what they were)..

Anyway, the past Reply series, they're always only two husband contenders right? It's just a bit of a stretch if all of them like DS. So now that we know that JH and TK like DS, it's safe to say they're the husband contenders. This is the big revelation just like episode 2 of R94. A confession from SW to BR (although we kinda expected it) and TK crushing on DS (I totally didn't expect that).

@nearsea We're not allowed actually but it doesn't matter much. This is not a popular thread anyway ^^ So you can talk freely but I think it shouldn't stray out of topic so much.

So JW is gonna join the Youth Over Flower? It's a variety show right? I bet it won't get subbed. The previous one was subbed by Baro & YYS's fans. Unless there are other celebs with large fanbase, I doubt it will get subbed >_> 

@skeletonworks Yeah I felt a bit awkward myself after posting it...okay back to line again =P ^_^..

Btw you;re right probably.I don't think there is any chance anymore for sun woo to be a contender.But the blow is for real =[[.About youth over flowers I'd probably watch it because the concept seems interesting,they wont have any money on them,so that's gonna be funny right? 

@kaykafisyah Hahaha,though I sometimes keep the horror stuff for night,as getting scared is also kind of thrilling to me lol.Jung woo and go ara was seen coming to the shooting right.Maybe we'll get a cameo who knows.And given they're probably kind of same age,so maybe it's a surprise meet on the college music festival or at class.

Kim tae hoon is not so popular maybe,I personally liked his role on 'hidden identity'.He was also on 'angry mom'.

@nearsea

I'm not sure if Jae is the surname but I don't think so. For JH & JB, their names are Kim Jung Hwan & Kim Jung Bo, thus their surnames are Kim

Taek full name is Choi Taek, so his surname Choi

Sisters Sung Dok Sun  & Sung Bora, surname Sung

As for Sun Woo, I don't think his surname in Sun since his sister's name is Jinjoo. I think sumone has this before, that for some reason SW's surname is still a secret. Its either unintentionally or the PD purposely hide his surname for future surprises.

As for DR its either I miss his surname or his surname too has not been revealed yet.

And just my 2 cents abt the changes in BR

She's self centered & stubborn but becos of what happened when her mom beg the policeman to let Bora go it made her realized how much her mother loves her & proud of her that she gave in & plead guilty. He changes slowly started from there. Before she wud just used whatever things belongs to DS. Now she asked her though she trick her with an exchg. That's why she no longer chew DS's head for giving her sewing kit to SW. It has nothing to do with SW but everything to do with her family. Because she finally realized no matter how awful she treats her family, they still stick by her side. Even when her angry dad tried to hit her it was DS & NE who held him back. Because of this too I don't think BR will marry SW especially if she knows SW is DS first love.

Though I haven't give up on SW yet but at this point I believe the hubby is between Taek & JH. But because they planted so many clues pointing to JH I am more suspicious of their motive. They focus on Baduk championship too much that I began to think they're transition the screen time to Taek. Task after all is a late bloomer but he's a genius & I bet he's catching with the rest soon enuf. They're still in middle school, so he still have time to catch up high school &  goes to college with the rest.

Guest skeletonworks

What movie or drama is this??

All the more reason why I hate that his talent is being wasted as 3rd lead in Reply >_> I rather wish he's a 2nd lead in other drama...

Go GyungPyo & Im Siwan kissing <3 Haha

*ferociously googling for the subbed sitcom*

KhtINhu.jpg

Guest skeletonworks

tumblr_m4isurniW91rs64k3o5_250.gif

GGP is such a good kisser!! It's so sad that he's not kissing Deoksun :( (yeah still butthurt)

BTW, I just realised that Standby sitcom is probably the first time I saw him but of course I don't know his name although I like him like his other dramas hahaha. I just went to watch one episode of Standby and realised that I've seen the setting before. Indeed I've seen this drama before but end up dropping it because there's no sub beyond episode 14 >_<

On the other hand, not to stray off topic much:

Any of you notice Hyeri's prominent adam's apple? Girls do have them right? It's just not very prominent. But I notice Hyeri's is very noticeable in several scenes.

zMmrQlm.jpg

@skeletonworks You are killing me! Should we make a petition so that ggp gets a lead role for once? Lol. Hasn't he been here for a long time? I just feel it wrong when idols get to be in the limelight,and so many lucrative roles go to them,when actors are left behind.Here's actually hoping that he gets the opening that he deserves.What's more frustrating is that I totally thought ggp would do the role of bickering so well,that's his trademark,and the role goes to jh.Real life ggp is actually lot like the role of jh,and it seems so weird to watch him on screen with this totally opposite persona,it's like the silence screams so loud,when he says nothing at all.

-- But where was that scene from? Have you been able to find out?

Guest skeletonworks

@skeletonworks You are killing me! Should we make a petition so that ggp gets a lead role for once? Lol. Hasn't he been here for a long time? I just feel it wrong when idols get to be in the limelight,and so many lucrative roles go to them,when actors are left behind.Here's actually hoping that he gets the opening that he deserves.What's more frustrating is that I totally thought ggp would do the role of bickering so well,that's his trademark,and the role goes to jh.Real life ggp is actually lot like the role of jh,and it seems so weird to watch him on screen with this totally opposite persona,it's like the silence screams so loud,when he says nothing at all.

TRUE IN EVERY WAY (so I highlighted everything haha).

Let's flood tvN's twitter account hahahaha. I think last time CB camp did that as well? But of course it's to no avail ^^ Like they'd listen to small minions like us T_T Yeah apparently he has been for quite a long time but he's always the 2nd or 3rd role *sigh* In Standby, he's also bickering. I think this is the first time I see him in a nice, cool, calm type role. When he did that Reebok parody, I totally fell for the trap. I also thought he'd be playing the bicker role. That's why I'm so butthurt. Man I really want him to shine and get so much love from Reply but the opposite happened :(

@skeletonworks Hahaha thank you for the understanding part =D.Ah the reebok,I felt for the trap too..=/.Maybe the photoshoot with the actress playing bora's role was a premonition,I should have taken that into consideration..=/.And the media play is responsible too,they totally sed ggp has bagged a leading role at last,huh.I would have been sated by this time if he was the second chilbong lol.But that is not happening either.This is worse..:(.

Lol good find with hyeri's adam apple..she does have a prominent one.I wanted to see potato star but yjg just looks younger than my younger brother,so I have probably skipped it,and ggp does not get the girl,so that's not helping either..So no drama where he's the lead,and from his biography,it's almost five years he's here? =/ Okay I'll stop this rant.I'm thinking if not bora,do we have any other girl for sun woo,probably not.What's interesting is that,everyone has got a color,yellow,green,red,only sun woo does not have one.And we don't know his full name too,what's up with that.I hope they don't make the plot boring by dragging deok sun between jh and taek.

Guest skeletonworks

I'm listening to R94's OST (because my hard drive that contains R94 series fail on me). Brings back the good old memories. How lovely it was at that time! Gutted it's not the same this time..

@nearsea Yeah he's been here in the industry for 5 years apparently but never a lead role. His role is always minor (not even a lead) ones or 3rd lead like "Flower Boy Next Door" or "Reply 1988". Wasted talent...

Anyway, I thought SW's colour is black? According to that Olympics logo or something? Yeah still curious about why his surname is hidden.

About the first video I posted (GGP & Clara), the movie is called "Casa Amor: Exclusive For Ladies". I think the actor you like is also in there. Am I right? I'm gonna try and search if there's subbed anywhere..

95943939.jpg

I was bored so I watched the earlier ep again,  & I was like O.....MG, I just noticed the husband doesn't have to be JH to know everything abt the wife!  Gosh he doesn't even have to be anyone from the block to know abt her past! It was right there in ep 2.

We were so hype up on JH didn't receive the chocolate,  JH overheard DS gets rejection,  JH saw DS returned postcard that we overlooked at the very direct hint on how hubby gets to know DS's private past...He read her diary, for heaven sake!!!!! That's what they were arguing abt from the very beginning.  It wasn't because of the chocolate, she was mad  he reads her diary...obviously young DS wrote more than giving the chocolate in her diary! 

Also now I'm back with 80% confident that SW is the husband. If hubby knows everything about wifey past personal life tru her diary,   he cud have find out abt confession &  rejection from SW on the first day of snow in 1988, from her diary.

Now lets look from SW's pov on the first snow back in 1988. He came looking for BR that night but she was out. He went off  but DS came running after him, yelling & cursing with a good smack on his head. That wasn't exactly a confession to him. He was completely clueless abt her feelings for him. He must have thought DS was angry at him because she felt betrayed that her best friend likes her sworn enemy. Now if he finds out abt her rejection by SW tru her diary, he cud have thought she confessed to a different SW becos as far as he's concerned she certainly didnt confess to him that night. After all Sunwoo is a common enuf name in Korea. There must be a few Sunwoos in the boys high school. And check out until now SW's surname is still undisclosed. Why? The others were introduced with their surname right from ep1 but why SW's surname is still kept hidden especially if he's out of the husband candidate list? Even his name tag on school uniform was hidden. 

So wanna bet what's his surname + full name is? KIM SUN WOO!!! And he probably thought DS confess to PARK Sun Woo or LEE Sun Woo etc...

And why I bet SW is a Kim too? Becos I'm sure they gonna planted that Kim surname as another clue to misguided everyone again :P 

Btw checking most media tVN release press statement stated GKP & PBG as HR leading man in R88, thus there's no way they not making these 2 as male lead & a 2nd male lead. The production can be sued if that's happen...

@skeletonworks  Thank you for the info! I'll probably  binge watch ggp dramas after this series ends...so if you liked any please give me a reference. =]]

lxands Thank you for giving us a new hope again  =P,now first let's read your post,I''ll come back to comment on.

--- 

Okay,when did the husband read deok sun's diary? But a different sun woo? That could be a bit far fetched right? But if sun woo is still a contender, then him teasing with his own name is a possibility too right? Considering koreans have this way of mentioning in third person in speech.Like omma is sorry,etc.So,could it be that dramafever is at fault again with the sub at the exact dialogue? I hope someone kindly translates that in English for us,if possible =]].

But 'if' as you sed the husband read from the diary,then there is the possibility that he got all the info from the original source.And,,if not jh,that could confirm how taek [if he's the husband] could know about the first snow and all.God I wonder if all the hints actually make sense or the writer totally placed them here and there to befuddle us =|.From the main thread,I keep getting how many more color hints are there =/,like the title reply 88 is written in green and yellow color,and that looks like a suggestion too,=S,or this video.Have you guys watched it? Does it bear any significance for you? Does it look like ds is running and all the guys are trying to get her or something? Or it's just a promotional teaser...

Notice their running sequence,once again.Does it say something.

-The fact that sun woo has got black color is also somewhat puzzling.Also jh is always wearing black =/.I wonder if people even got it right with each of the color's right keeper lol.

Guest skeletonworks

@nearsea I don't think they're trying to catch DS. I don't even know if there's anything behind the teaser T_T But if we were to analyse like we should because it's Reply after all, it just gave me a headache. Like for example, at first SW is right behind DS and their forearms are even touching!

3fpp2G5.jpg

Then it was JH who's behind DS. Then it's back to SW. So....

tumblr_inline_mtp2x4PdEZ1sndfm5.gif

And about the colour theory... Like @trashoppaya , I'm also reluctant to trust it. I mean how did they relate what colour of the Olympic circle represents whom? Like in this teaser, DR is wearing Green & Yellow. So what? He represents R88? *__* I seldom see them wear colourful outfits. It's always dull colour... 

@lxands As always, love your theory!! The "other Sunwoo" is a genius! SW is kinda dense & insensitive (judging from how he's totally oblivious to DS's advances) so it's believable if he thought that SW in DS's diary is another SW. I also like the "Kim surname" theory. Because it doesn't make sense why they'd hide SW's surname. It just doesn't...

You know what. After all of this and if the husband is Taek, I'm gonna be so richard simmons pissed off. Because they always put Taek NOT next to DS. I'd feel so cheated if he ended up the husband....

The husband read the diary after they are married & we know from the chocolate point DS already has a crush on SW but she didn't write his name because BR read her diary teasing her abt a guy she likes but never mentioned a name. 

Also remember JH never hear DS confessing to SW because DS never confess anything to SW. She was just yelling & cursing angrily at SW & she just said of all the people, he likes her hateful sister. It wasnt a confession but a betrayal of friendship. 

JH was smiling happily after that not because SW rejected DS but because now he knows SW likes BR, not DS, so less competition for him.

Also the name thingy...what I meant is if the husband is SW, when he ask DS  abt her rejection from SW, he didn't mean himself but he thought she was rejected by a different SW. There cud be several SW living on different block of their town.

So what I mean if SW is the husband,  when he ask DS "weren't you rejected by SW on the 1st snow?" he wasn't referring to himself but to a different SW who's also their mutual friend. That when he read from her diary "rejected by SW" he just assumed it was another SW because DS has never confess to him in 1988 nor did he ever rejected her because he  completely has no idea DS likes him back then.

@skeletonworks Just from the picture,how awesome do they look together =/.I also 

@nearsea I don't think they're trying to catch DS. I don't even know if there's anything behind the teaser T_T But if we were to analyse like we should because it's Reply after all, it just gave me a headache. Like for example, at first SW is right behind DS and their forearms are even touching!

And about the colour theory... Like @trashoppaya , I'm also reluctant to trust it. I mean how did they relate what colour of the Olympic circle represents whom? Like in this teaser, DR is wearing Green & Yellow. So what? He represents R88? *__* I seldom see them wear colourful outfits. It's always dull colour... 

@lxands As always, love your theory!! The "other Sunwoo" is a genius! SW is kinda dense & insensitive (judging from how he's totally oblivious to DS's advances) so it's believable if he thought that SW in DS's diary is another SW.

That was also my question! I can't understand how in the world did they get in their head that Olympic circles represent the five friends? Lol...I also noticed DR's jacket haha.Maybe the pd knows audience would go crazy over this,and hence the intended use of these colors.

At the teaser it's jh who ends up being the first to reach the goal.But,I also noticed how sun woo is looking at ds,and he comes close to her twice in the run.Okay maybe it does not tell anything.I almost feel a headache going fussy over this.

Archived