[Official] ❤ Taeyang Couple ❤ Duk Sun and Sun Woo Reply 1988

heartoppaya

@sc_12c8b0ed95055cea92622993793eb685 Yeah,me.It's  on reply official twitter.Bora and sun woo can be seen sitting together,and ds is telling junghwan to be her something,for christmas [I don't remember the term].Jung bong seems to be happy in a childish way about something too,about which maybe sun woo is a bit bothered.[Please reject him bora].Taek is crying,and he's probably asking ds out on Christmas or something..that's the last scene where deok sun can be seen lying down on the ahjumma waiting place.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Husband: “Throwing yourself at Sun-woo and getting rejected?” Pwahahaha. That’s mean! Also, now we know you’re not Sun-woo, so thanks for that. He teases her mercilessly for sending postcards into Lee Moon-se’s radio show and the whole deal, and Deok-sun asks how he knows any of that. Hm, how do you know all that?

He says there’s nothing about her that he doesn’t know, and says she should be good to him for being so understanding. Deok-sun scoffs, “Do you want me to name all the people you dated before we got married? Shall we stay up all night?”

He quickly changes the subject and asks if they went to the College Music Festival in ’88, and Deok-sun asks what other girl he went with. She reminds him that they all watched it together on TV that year, correctly remembering the winner (Shin Hae-chul’s Infinite Track) and proceeds to dance to the song, thoroughly embarrassing him."

It's just this line that I'm worried about,the question of understanding would not come in the first place if he was sun woo.So,may be it's better not to delude ourselves,:tears:.I'm so sorry girls.Until @lxands and @skeletonworks come back with new theory,I'd stay mum.Also,I think I'm gonna watch the latest 2 episodes just to see if there are any more clue..available.I mean we don;t know yet how to take that conversation,and I think with showing taek's side of crush for ds,the writer did keep one big surprise element in store for us.So,who knows what next is coming.The husband screaming so much jh is also too much obvious,and I wonder if that's a bluff too.Gee,I should go see a doc..really,the trauma this drama is giving us  

Thank you nearsea for posting the above :D

You bring hope again for our Sun couple. ...let me tell you why....kekeke

1)  He teases her mercilessly for sending postcards into Lee Moon-se’s radio show and the whole deal, and Deok-sun asks how he knows any of that. Hm, how do you know all that? 

Ok this part here, why does it surprised her if he knows abt their mail since they shared the mail box as they shared mailing address? Obviously he'd been checking their mail for his family mail. However there's no reason for others to check the Kims & the Sungs joined mail box. But now we know SW liked BR, so he might have been curious abt BR that he went tru their mail.

2)  He quickly changes the subject and asks if they went to the College Music Festival in ’88, and Deok-sun asks what other girl he went with.

Check out the music festival was in 1988, the same year we know JH saw & overhead DS's love for SW  was crushed because he admitted liking BR. Surely JH won't go out with other girls then,  especially when broken hearted DS was at home together with Taek & DR. He certainly wud be around DS to prevent other guys being too close to her.

3)  Deok-sun scoffs, “Do you want me to name all the people you dated before we got married? Shall we stay up all night?

This is the best part yet...Now out of the 4 guys,  who's the most sociable & charming?  SW & DR but we know DR is girl shy. SW on the other hand is smart, athletic, handsome & charming. Most people in the other thread assume 18 year old SW confession to the 21 years old college student BR was accepted but what if he was rejected?  After all BR wasn't desperate for a bf. She's pretty & smart & for all we know she probably has a college student bf. (btw whose car was she driving around?  The car looks expensive & better than the Kim's car)

Anyway if he was rejected what is the most common thing a guy would do to get over it?  Date as many as he can!! With SW's look he has no problem.  That's probably how he ended up in the college music festival in 1988, perhaps at the time he wants to show to BR, he's old enuf to date a college girl. Perhaps he purposely wanted to be seen on tv.

Least but not last,  the one you highlighted....now why JH not know everything abt DS? They lived very close together. He had seen her before washing her face or brushing her teeth in the morning. They went everywhere together & after the way he cover her in the bus & taking umbrella to her on rainy day, surely DS has guess as much abt his feeling for her. So why sounded so surprised? It different with SW & DR especially SW now that she know SW love interest back in 1988 was BR, not her. But if we watch back SW conversation with his mom or others he seems to know a lot abt her. How he knows abt her Olympic selection, how she like ramyun, all the little things abt her. The only thing he didn't realize back then was her feeling for him. 

Yeah, that scene make SW in the run again. One thing for sure DS didnt get together with her present husband during high school since she said hubby dated many girls in college before they finally got together. :) 

@lxands please be around here for a long long time..i dont mind reading your take about anyone on the drama as well..i just need your positiveness coz im not positive enough..your theories; please keep them coming ;)

@nearsea i still have 9 episodes (ive watched 4) and plus this week's 2 episodes on the village..i still have 11 more to go...that will last me till the finale next week and ill b busy this weekend so i wont have time for dramathon..

OMG @skeletonworks you need to see this~

Husband: “Throwing yourself at Sun-woo and getting rejected?” Pwahahaha. That’s mean! Also, now we know you’re not Sun-woo, so thanks for that. He teases her mercilessly for sending postcards into Lee Moon-se’s radio show and the whole deal, and Deok-sun asks how he knows any of that. Hm, how do you know all that?

He says there’s nothing about her that he doesn’t know, and says she should be good to him for being so understanding. Deok-sun scoffs, “Do you want me to name all the people you dated before we got married? Shall we stay up all night?”

He quickly changes the subject and asks if they went to the College Music Festival in ’88, and Deok-sun asks what other girl he went with. She reminds him that they all watched it together on TV that year, correctly remembering the winner (Shin Hae-chul’s Infinite Track) and proceeds to dance to the song, thoroughly embarrassing him."

It's just this line that I'm worried about,the question of understanding would not come in the first place if he was sun woo.So,may be it's better not to delude ourselves,:tears:.I'm so sorry girls.Until @lxands and @skeletonworks come back with new theory,I'd stay mum.Also,I think I'm gonna watch the latest 2 episodes just to see if there are any more clue..available.I mean we don;t know yet how to take that conversation,and I think with showing taek's side of crush for ds,the writer did keep one big surprise element in store for us.So,who knows what next is coming.The husband screaming so much jh is also too much obvious,and I wonder if that's a bluff too.Gee,I should go see a doc..really,the trauma this drama is giving us  

Thank you nearsea for posting the above :D

You bring hope again for our Sun couple. ...let me tell you why....kekeke

1)  He teases her mercilessly for sending postcards into Lee Moon-se’s radio show and the whole deal, and Deok-sun asks how he knows any of that. Hm, how do you know all that? 

Ok this part here, why does it surprised her if he knows abt their mail since they shared the mail box as they shared mailing address? Obviously he'd been checking their mail for his family mail. However there's no reason for others to check the Kims & the Sungs joined mail box. But now we know SW liked BR, so he might have been curious abt BR that he went tru their mail.

2)  He quickly changes the subject and asks if they went to the College Music Festival in ’88, and Deok-sun asks what other girl he went with.

Check out the music festival was in 1988, the same year we know JH saw & overhead DS's love for SW  was crushed because he admitted liking BR. Surely JH won't go out with other girls then,  especially when broken hearted DS was at home together with Taek & DR. He certainly wud be around DS to prevent other guys being too close to her.

3)  Deok-sun scoffs, “Do you want me to name all the people you dated before we got married? Shall we stay up all night?

This is the best part yet...Now out of the 4 guys,  who's the most sociable & charming?  SW & DR but we know DR is girl shy. SW on the other hand is smart, athletic, handsome & charming. Most people in the other thread assume 18 year old SW confession to the 21 years old college student BR was accepted but what if he was rejected?  After all BR wasn't desperate for a bf. She's pretty & smart & for all we know she probably has a college student bf. (btw whose car was she driving around?  The car looks expensive & better than the Kim's car)

Anyway if he was rejected what is the most common thing a guy would do to get over it?  Date as many as he can!! With SW's look he has no problem.  That's probably how he ended up in the college music festival in 1988, perhaps at the time he wants to show to BR, he's old enuf to date a college girl. Perhaps he purposely wanted to be seen on tv.

Least but not last,  the one you highlighted....now why JH not know everything abt DS? They lived very close together. He had seen her before washing her face or brushing her teeth in the morning. They went everywhere together & after the way he cover her in the bus & taking umbrella to her on rainy day, surely DS has guess as much abt his feeling for her. So why sounded so surprised? It different with SW & DR especially SW now that she know SW love interest back in 1988 was BR, not her. But if we watch back SW conversation with his mom or others he seems to know a lot abt her. How he knows abt her Olympic selection, how she like ramyun, all the little things abt her. The only thing he didn't realize back then was her feeling for him. 

Yeah, that scene make SW in the run again. One thing for sure DS didnt get together with her present husband during high school since she said hubby dated many girls in college before they finally got together. :) 

Let's just talk about the ominous one first lol.About the one I highlighted,this was actually because what I got from the line was,he means he's so understanding 'even after she had feeling for someone else'..and he knew about it and still was not bothered.That's what I thought was the gyst of his talk.I know sun woo knows basically everything about deok sun,but this is something different,it's just about 'sending the card and how he knows about that incident',since she dint tell anyone about it..=S [The bad feeling is coming back again =/].

But apart from this one point,all that you sed makes sense! That point you mentioned about the husband going to music festival on '88,it might be another huge clue  right? And yeah,considering the fact that bora rejected sw,maybe he went there to get over the rejection? Also,that jh would want to stay close to deok sun because,he's got more chance now is another great point.Yeah,he would not go to the festival after knowing how dejected deok sun is,so he'd obviously want to give her company.This just could be another marvelous plot.I think you're becoming better in this,or you already were better...yeah..

I'm now curious about the time line yeah,if the college festival happened on '88.Does college refer here to university? =S..correct me if I'm wrong,or does it mean,they are still in school and the festival happened when they started college later in that year.Given sun woo's quiet persona,I'm still a bit neutral or hopeless about him wanting to go on a concert...but your theory could be correct too..that he wants to show it off to bora.

Anyway,even if they don't happen I'd like bora to be with jung bong,the sweet personality of bora at the future just seemed to me like,she's more become like her husband that is jung bong? Because,jung bong has kind of a stupid and naive persona[kind of something like samchunpeo,also the girl in '94 chose samchunpeo over haitai..even if haitai is better looking,[so please writer just take that part from the previous reply,and give us more surprises.]

----

ARGH,No the music festival theory does not make sense.Because  deok sun says it later herself right that ' She reminds him that they all watched it together on TV that year, correctly remembering the winner'

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Pulling Hair Out in Frustration

@nearsea

I thought when she said they watched the music festival together, she meant all the gang excluding hubby since he was on a date ....hmm

If JH or the other 3 is the husband, he either 1) dated DS a bit in 1988 but break up with her since he dated many girls in college. 2)  Or she never get together with him in 1988,  they only together after he dated many girls in college. 

I prefer scenario no 2. I rather have the hubby dates around when he's never been in love with DS yet or never know he's in love with her until after college. That's why he dated many girls but never find the right one until he realized the person he truly loves is DS.  If this scenario happen than Taek & JH are out :D SW is the one we know didnt have feeling for DS during high school. And of cos at least this once DS wins over BR.  She gets what she really want instead of BR gets what she wants everytime. I think the symbolic that not only BR wore DS's favourite sneakers that she really treasure, she wore it roughly too while playing sports.

In R97 the famous question "Shoudnt I date other girls?" by YJ to SW in 1997, which she answered him several years later...

Likewise in R94 it was NJ  who asked question to Trash, and was aswered much later. Another thing Trash used to fool around too until he begin to have feeling for NJ, rite? Then after that even when they were seperated he remained faithful to her, right?

Anyway to my understanding the questions are truly a confession. In R97 SW accepted his love & confession 5 years later. In R94, honestly I don't quite remember when Trash answer NJ but I remember NJ confess to him. I also remember he took some time to think before accepting NJ's confession

So I wonder who's asking the question in 1988? Was it DS when she asked SW "Why Bora, why her?" It was actually her confession to SW which was why hubby 2015 made fun of her saying "Throwing Yourself to SW & get rejected" & that  was the key question from 1988.

@lxands For the lack of a better button here I had to give this on response to your previous post...

200_s.gif

-Errm,your pov could be correct too..I think use of words are making the confusion here.I think I'd just watch the end of the episode first to confirm the dialogue,though can't rely on dramafever's subtitle only to get the correct meaning.If anyone has watched the episode already,please help clear our doubts =| .

- I totally understand what you meant with the parallels between 94 and 97,so either it could be that jh gets to know that taek likes her too,so he gets into other girls and all..or it's sun woo..after the rejection from bora.But now here's another time that the timeline is needed.We need to know when the couple got married.Because if your theory is correct it has to be right after bora rejects sun woo,that he would get involved with other girls right? But,deok sun says to her husband,do you need me to count how many girls you went out with before we got married.So what happens in between is the question.

Guest skeletonworks

Subbed for both episodes are out. I'm only watching the November 2015 part. BR mentioned that she's here at DS's house with Jaewoo. I think it's her kid. JaeWOO >> SunWOO. Hahahaha. When I watched it with subbed, yeah there's no hope. The convo between DS & her husband is just too hard to be twisted in our favour.

Subbed for both episodes are out. I'm only watching the November 2015 part. BR mentioned that she's here at DS's house with Jaewoo. I think it's her kid. JaeWOO >> SunWOO. Hahahaha. When I watched it with subbed, yeah there's no hope. The convo between DS & her husband is just too hard to be twisted in our favour.

Well by now it's probably safe to assume that,but again the way writer trolled with their names I won't even 'assume' anything again..(deok sun and sun woo).But the drama's going into too many places.So maybe they don't want us to stick to the  concept  of sun woo being the one in the first place =/.

I am officially a fan of jung bong.Anyone found that part hilarious when macgyver music was playing in the background? Lol.I don't remember macgyver but that music was one of the main thing that was exciting for kids back then lol.His tricks with household stuffs are hilarious.Especially with 'grandfather once said'.I like episode 5 comparatively as the focus is not on the love lines at all.Sun woo's mom and jh's household caricatures were quite good enough.I especially resonate with the parts where the moment mom were out of home,they started doing whatever they wanted to lol.Makes me remember how I used to do that too.As if this was the 'freedom time' and no one is there to guard you around.

@trashoppaya Hello! Nice to see you here :).Yeah,for weeks we've been contemplating over this.But chances are so slim by now.Taek is kind of the second chilbong now and jh the sole contender =/.But,I'm watching ep 6,and I like jung bong-bora pairing..unlike sunwoo,jung bong brings a comic relief with his whole appearance,and I wait every time he's on screen to see what's new that he's coming up with.They could be the next samchun-yoon jin.I hope sun woo stays alone huh.

After closely observing ep 5 and 6,our ship has officially sunk,down to the bottom of the sea,if I must say.Even,after deok sun cries patiently after her 'one-sided-love' ends,there's that voice-over that says how when you've lost someone,you'd have someone else who loved you,and in comes taek. But whatever it is,why do I feel like they're forcefully trying to make it looks like how the bickering between ds and jh is so natural,but it looks the other way to me.Because,it has been done for so long and repeatedly that I don't find it amusing anymore.I for once want a change.And the girl never looking at the boy,while boy is always there taking care of her,love line has worn out for me.I enjoyed the mother's ways of viewing things,and how each of them have their own struggle.But the love line is not working.Jung bong was there to save the grace with his trials and errors,and ds's father too,with the vigilant father's role,but that was just it.I can't connect to the main loveline,even if I wanted to.JH is not appealing to me at all,and now sun woo because of his crush ,is strangely looking like a stranger to me lol.I look at anywhere except their faces when they're doing something,and it's weird.I hope jin joo grows up fast,and have a loveline with taek,because the puppy does not know how he does not have any chance,and how the writer is going to make him look like a lonely pathetic loser who would silently loose the only girl he had eyes for.

-The writer is really a vicious thing lol,look what he did with the snow.At the end of the episode older bora goes to the window and says to her husband,honey it's snowing.As if it's referring to sun woo's confession on the first snow.But then again,jung bong says to his brother,call me up when the snow starts.I really want to see the first snow.Lol.So they want to keep the ambiguity around bora's husband too.No need to do it really though.Its already crystal clear who's with who.

Jungbong-Bora could be next lovely couple like SCP-YJ, but most of people are denying this theory because of their JH-DS =))

Next ep, they will play a game called "Guardian Angel". Guess who is whose guardian angel :rolleyes: (can anyone correct my grammatical errors lol)

@nearsea hmm, I like snow, why did they do that to me??

@sc_12c8b0ed95055cea92622993793eb685  I don't know,I found bora-sw pairing quite boring tbh,with jung bong,he never stops amusing me.Like how he tried to match voice with bora when she was making those kids into singing patriotic[?] songs lol.Obviously maybe bora would be sun woo's guardian angel as taek is seen to be of jung bong probably,=/.That snow scene was beautiful,but for all the wrong reasons.I just found the  snowing scene with the neighborhood in the background,beautiful.Rest of the scenes do not even affect me anymore =/.On your question,maybe you should never associate snow with reply'88? Hahah,what has this show done to us.

Guest skeletonworks

I'm just so done with this series ^^ I'll just ask my mum for any update. I also prefer JB-BR rather than SW-BR >_> But it's obvious, isn't it?

Taek is just never gonna be the husband. Because he reeks of Chilbongie so much. Poor guy. I agree the writer is vicious. She is a recycle nuna who lacks of creativity. For example, how JH lost his appetite when he thought that SW likes DS is parallel to NJ got indigestion because Trash has a girlfriend. So the writer is surely gonna cruelly recycle Chilbong too because she's a fanatic for couple who bickers and fall in love and gonna throw Taek under the bus...

So I'm not gonna ship anyone. I just can't connect with JH/RJY. If it was LYK who plays JH, I might ship him...

@skeletonworks

So SW isn't the hubby? :(

But I was surprise to see quiet Taek is bold & daring enuf to ask DS to go for a movie....yeah way to go boy ! :P

I saw from the other thread they came up with all kind of absurd theory which I dont see why since isnt it obvious enuf JH is gonna be the hubby? Its just us, minority here who's hoping for a twist, so we're the one who would have to come up with a theory, absurd or not  :w00t:

So let me give it a try...a theory I mean...

In R1997 Seo In Guk was named as male leading, while Hoya as the 2nd lead with Eunji as the main actress. During the presscon & promo posters Eunji often located between SIG & Hoya or SIG stands between Hoya & Eunji. SJH, the other husband contender wasnt even present at the prsscon, which was one reason we were 80% sure YJ gonna be the hubby.

reply-1997-2.jpg

Then there's R1994, from the very beginning it was announced that actor Jeong Woo wud take up the leading role while actor Yoon Yoon Seok wud be the 2nd male lead alongside the main actress Go Ara. TBH I was in Chilbong team though I know Trash gonna be the end game since he's the leading male. Yeah still hoping for a twist for a 2nd male lead to win the girl even if I know its useless:rolleyes: Anyway check out Go Ara's position...she too would always be n between JW & YYS.

28474437.jpg

So now back to R88...

After much controversial when Hyeri was confirm as the leading actress for R88, GGP & PBG were named as the male casts....only this time they never announce who is the 1st 2nd male lead. They just announce the 2 names together. I think we all know te unspoken rules of being the lead casts & supporting role. When the names was confirm there were much hype abt it. Their fans look forward to it & such but then suddenly the main role is given to sumone else character! I dont think so becos the production cant just use their popularity by implying they're the main & 2nd lead but the role was given to sumone who was less popular & his name wasnt emphasized. Now check this out...

Answer-Me-1988-Hyeri-talks-about-no-make

Reply-1988-Poster2.jpgCheck out other promo pic too Hyeri always next to Go Gyung Po...

So theoretically based on the previous Reply series hubby shud be SW...or at least Taek 

Archived