[Official] ❤ Taeyang Couple ❤ Duk Sun and Sun Woo Reply 1988

heartoppaya

@lxands can i just give you a hug pls..... you are an eagle eye detective with a CSI analytical mind. i love reading your posts and learn so much from them.

gals, regarding the vid about running, the only thing that i saw was SW looking at DS when running. for me that's enough for me to still hope SW = hubby.

also i tot i rmb that GKP and PGB were announced together with Hyeri (correct name?) for R88 and the rest were announced quite some time later. kdrama always secure leads first right? i love both GKP and PGB from NC and was so happy to see them together in drama again.

as for the colours, you gals go ahead. i got such a headache from main thread regarding the colours and the dolls.

friday tomolo..... let's keep sailing

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Ok, here is what i thought on the husband said "rejected by SW on the 1st snow"..isn't that they are being interviewed in current time? Idk if you can relate to this..but for me..the husband is answering on the wife's behalf

Q: what's snow reminded you to? (I didn't watch with sub so i made up the Q)

Husband is like "Confessed and rejected by SW" ?

I don't think he was referring to other SW, to himself but making it from 3rd person POV..

Or..let just say he's saying out loud what's written in his wife's diary.

Idk if i making any sense but i don't know how to really explain what i feel..like ur friend is asked by your teacher.."where are you goin?" And you answered "going to A house~~" but the A is actually u..u just playfully answered the teacher..ok ill stop here before i rambling more 

@sc_12c8b0ed95055cea92622993793eb685 :D:D Umm if I could I would read all the comments/new theories from dc gallery :D.Or you could just translate for us the 'rejection by sun woo on the first snow' conversation a bit? :P *hugs*

Btw,I love how we keep this thread alive by these delusional theories..can't believe it's another friday already =/ =/.Time is flying!

I think the running videa was to show the friendship that blossom between 5 friends from kids into young adults. Remember the picture of them running around  after doing something mischievous when they were kids. And it show no changes in their bounding.

And my bet the actors themselves still don't know which one of them is the husband. I remember in R97 actor SIG & SJH  which of them is the husband until they received the script for the last episode, so I'm guessing the same here. Also I think BR's husband is none of the 4 boys because she has seen them as kids all her life, so my bet er husband is either JB or her upperclassman whom she often talk abt. Its just weird if she's with SW because she's a college student  stydent who went drinking with her friends every Saturday night while her bf was still underage & not even a senior in high school *roll-eyes* Just weird...its different if they both met after both of them past their 20s.

Color theme? Did they have it in R94? Never notice it before because, they certainly never have it in R97 & its the original aka the birth of the Reply series.

Guest skeletonworks

Wow! Ok, here is what i thought on the husband said "rejected by SW on the 1st snow"..isn't that they are being interviewed in current time? Idk if you can relate to this..but for me..the husband is answering on the wife's behalf

Q: what's snow reminded you to? (I didn't watch with sub so i made up the Q)

Husband is like "Confessed and rejected by SW" ?

I don't think he was referring to other SW, to himself but making it from 3rd person POV..

Or..let just say he's saying out loud what's written in his wife's diary.

Idk if i making any sense but i don't know how to really explain what i feel..like ur friend is asked by your teacher.."where are you goin?" And you answered "going to A house~~" but the A is actually u..u just playfully answered the teacher..ok ill stop here before i rambling more 

Yeah I also thought of that before. The reason the sentence is phrased weirdly is probably because they were being interviewed. Anyway I rewatched this scene again. I noticed that the clip was cut between DS's "The thing I remember most when you say "first snow"?" and the husband's reply "When you got rejected by SW? In 1988?".... I don't know whether it's intentional (trying to hide something) or unintentional (poorly edited).

DS: The thing I remember most when you say "first snow"?

Husband: When you got rejected by SW? In 1988? She was writing so many postcards to "Starry Night" and stuff... She put on quite a show.. Geez..

DS: How do you know that? Did I tell you by any chance?

Husband: There's nothing I don't know about you. Be good to me. It's because it's me that I'm so accepting of all this. Where else would you find a husband like me?

DS: Don't be ridiculous. Wanna talk about all the girls you dated before we got married?

So @lxands theory might be valid albeit a bit far fetched. But I somehow feel that the husband (if he's SW) is speaking in 3rd pronoun is also legit...@kaykafisyah I think I get what you mean but it sounded a bit strange in English isn't it? Because in our Malaysian culture, some people speak in 3rd pronoun. I have friend who speaks in 3rd pronoun and it doesn't sound weird at all.

*sigh* Watching Reply makes you think out of the box. If only I got paid to crack this husband mystery >_>;;;

@nearsea IKR T_____T They look so good together!!! In my mind, they're the end game.

About GGP & PBG were announced as the leads, that's why I'm freaking out why RJY is given so much attention? I remember in R94, everyone literally knows that Shin PD & the writer waited for JW to be released from his military service because they wanted him as Trash for R94. Isn't that telling already who's the husband? So that's why I'm pissed off that GGP got the 3rd lead instead. I wonder if it's because GGP & PBG are more popular than RJY or they're trying not to make it so obvious that RJY is the husband. I mean like if they announce RJY as the lead, wouldn't it be telling already that he's the husband because he's not very popular but you announce him as the lead?

@sc_12c8b0ed95055cea92622993793eb685 A SW-DS fanvid if you're free pls? *__*

SO, is there anything I can do for u girls? :rolleyes:
------

Haha Taek is very much like Lee Chang Ho :P:P

Who is he?? Why is he being compared to Taek all of a sudden??

I think the running videa was to show the friendship that blossom between 5 friends from kids into young adults. Remember the picture of them running around  after doing something mischievous when they were kids. And it show no changes in their bounding.

And my bet the actors themselves still don't know which one of them is the husband. I remember in R97 actor SIG & SJH  which of them is the husband until they received the script for the last episode, so I'm guessing the same here. Also I think BR's husband is none of the 4 boys because she has seen them as kids all her life, so my bet er husband is either JB or her upperclassman whom she often talk abt. Its just weird if she's with SW because she's a college student  stydent who went drinking with her friends every Saturday night while her bf was still underage & not even a senior in high school *roll-eyes* Just weird...its different if they both met after both of them past their 20s.

Color theme? Did they have it in R94? Never notice it before because, they certainly never have it in R97 & its the original aka the birth of the Reply series.

Yes,and I don't even see the chemistry.And did you talk about once how bora's father was walking with this senior from college and he saves him from getting caught by the police? I think he could be bora's bf too,because dint she say the car she brought home was from one of her seniors? Now who would lend some one a car just because she's a team mate in their group activities right? But I also have this inkling too,since we see sun woo's mom is tagged with her on her trip.It wont be there for nothing.

Yeah probably the running video is innocent.I don't know if the color hints was there in 94 version.I was not aware of the idea in the first place,and of course missed all the fandom,because I was not live watching lol.Probably saved me well.

Guest skeletonworks

Yes,and I don't even see the chemistry.And did you talk about once how bora's father was walking with this senior from college and he saves him from getting caught by the police? I think he could be bora's bf too,because dint she say the car she brought home was from one of her seniors? Now who would lend some one a car just because she's a team mate in their group activities right? But I also have this inkling too,since we see sun woo's mom is tagged with her on her trip.It wont be there for nothing.

Yeah probably the running video is innocent.I don't know if the color hints was there in 94 version.I was not aware of the idea in the first place,and of course missed all the fandom,because I was not live watching lol.Probably saved me well.

I remember about the blue & red yarn that represents Trash oppa & Najeong back in R94. Until now I still can't figure out how the k-netizens can come up with such clues or how they thought that blue represents Trash and red represents Najeong. TBH, I don't really pay attention to colours that much in R94. I paid attention to the soft toys because they seemed more accurate.

So I dig about these yarns post. Here you go:

http://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/338640-official-thread-ღ-sung-na-jeong-♥-sseureki-kim-jae-joon-aka-nareki-couple-from-reply-1994-ღ/?do=findComment&comment=17145156

So maybe this time it's green and yellow?

@skeletonworks He was probably the baduk player upon whom taek's character was  based.Apparently he also dint know how to tie shoe laces lol,and he has quite similar personality trademarks with taek.

And yeah,as @kaykafisyah sed,taking his name in third person could be possible.I think dramafever totally mistranslated the phrase,and we get half of the speech =/,I miss viki in this case.Or a korean pro who could translate this correctly for us :D.Hahah,you should totally get paid for this investigation,because you [and us] put heart and soul into it...=/.

They waited Jung woo to get released from the military duty? Oh that is big.This time the casting news was quite vague.And as far as I remember,[I searched the news for reply 94 lol],I just saw this article on dramabeans,where yoo yeon suk's name came first on the mention,and jung woo was merely named with other supporting actors.So,in first look it would seem like he's just another supporting character,not the lead.But,I don't know how the korean news sites covered the details.So,if we take a look at naver sites too for reply'88,maybe they had disclosed rjy''s name beforehand,and we missed it.But honestly bo gum is so famous this days that all I heard about reply this time,was how  everyone was rooting for bo gum.Especially after his stint at IRY,so maybe rjy got unnoticed under the hype.

@skeletonworks I can't find the color related post,rather ended up watching the mv of trash and na jung,lol.I remember one reason that made me take an inclination towards trash instinctively was most probably the age difference between trash and na jung,he kind of has this cool brother,detached,but smart kind of personality.Also the fact that the drama was mostly told from a girl's pov.So,it always makes it easy for me to relate to the story lol.Na jung and her love for trash was built up ep after ep,and we got to see the process..so in the end,na jung as a character was given a lots of dimension ,as we got to delve into her mindset.But deok sun here is still kinda there,but we don't have much idea about her,we know she likes someone,but how when and why,we don't know.All that has been highlighted till day is jh's attraction towards her,and that too just because of the narrow alley scene,which for me also felt a bit cheap to be a reason to start liking a girl.I hope they show us more of deok sun's story.

Ah,not to say this again,but sun woo kind of gave me trash vibe with his detached,reserved personality.Guess I was wrong lol.

--

Okay found the color based post.Thank you =]].

Aaaaaa...all I know Koreans belief abt a symbolic invincible red string that connect 2 people who destined to be together. They have that in R97. It means no matter how far apart you are with the person you're destined with or how much distance you set apart from that person you'll eventually end up together.

@kaykafisyah

Watching with subtitle I don't think hubby was talking about himself as a third party becos hubby ask the question, "Werent you rejected by SW on the 1st snow?" directly to wife, while she was still thinking how to answer the interviewer. 

It was very straight forward that either hubby is sumone other than SW or  hubby is SW & he was talking about a different SW, that DS was rejected by a different SW.

Anyway I still believe hubby is between SW or Taek and JH will be Chilbong of R94. However he won't be as pitiful as Chilbong since JH is surrounded by the warmth of his family.

Aaaaaa...all I know Koreans belief abt a symbolic invincible red string that connect 2 people who destined to be together. They have that in R97. It means no matter how far apart you are with the person you're destined with or how much distance you set apart from that person you'll eventually end up together.

@kaykafisyah

Watching with subtitle I don't think hubby was talking about himself as a third party becos hubby ask the question, "Werent you rejected by SW on the 1st snow?" directly to wife, while she was still thinking how to answer the interviewer. 

It was very straight forward that either hubby is sumone other than SW or  hubby is SW & he was talking about a different SW, that DS was rejected by a different SW.

Anyway I still believe hubby is between SW or Taek and JH will be Chilbong of R94. However he won't be as pitiful as Chilbong since JH is surrounded by the warmth of his family.

I like the idea.And yeah he's got his family to support his back..you're really innovative!

The first snow conversation's DS and her husband in 2015:

DS: The first snow is the most unforgettable story.
DS's husband: It's story about you liked SW and you was flatly rejected, right? In 1988. You even sent letter to ask for help from the radio station.
DS: Why did you know? Did I tell you?
DS's husband: Is there anything about u that I don't know? Treat me well. ...

@skeletonworks He's Lee Chang Ho, I heard that Taek character was inspired by him. He got married to an 11 years younger girl.
I'll make clip this weekend :wub: 

The first snow conversation's DS and her husband in 2015:

DS: The first snow is the most unforgettable story.
DS's husband: It's story about you liked SW and you was flatly rejected, right? In 1988. You even sent letter to ask for help from the radio station.
DS: Why did you know? Did I tell you?
DS's husband: Is there anything about u that I don't know? Treat me well. ...

@skeletonworks He's Lee Chang Ho, I heard that Taek character was inspired by him. He got married to an 11 years younger girl.
I'll make clip this weekend :wub: 

@sc_12c8b0ed95055cea92622993793eb685 Thank you chingu-ya :wub:

Guest skeletonworks

@nearsea As I was digging for article about Shin PD & writer Lee waited for JW, I found a different article. The link to the site is dead. It's translated by blue_angel. Excerpt from the interview with Shin PD:

And yet, we agreed to keep the general direction of the story intact. In particular, many people thought that we would twist and turn the story of the main love line, but as it was the same last year, we did not do that. We didn’t want to give the impression that we were playing around with the love line.

Makes me nervous again because it's true the story of the main loveline in R94 is not heavily twisted or was there even any (because I can tell it's always Trash-Najeong since episode 2)? So I reckon they're gonna keep it simple to this time? If it is, I bet that JH is the husband. 

Anyway, on top of waiting for JW to complete his military service, you do know that R94 is created before R97 script but they decided to air R97 first as a guinea pig plus because they're waiting for JW.

@nearsea @sc_12c8b0ed95055cea92622993793eb685 I wonder if there's any significant for basing a character on this guy. Like why? It'd be funny if the guy did a cameo for the adult Taek lol.

@skeletonworks I can't find the color related post,rather ended up watching the mv of trash and na jung,lol.I remember one reason that made me take an inclination towards trash instinctively was most probably the age difference between trash and na jung,he kind of has this cool brother,detached,but smart kind of personality.Also the fact that the drama was mostly told from a girl's pov.So,it always makes it easy for me to relate to the story lol.Na jung and her love for trash was built up ep after ep,and we got to see the process..so in the end,na jung as a character was given a lots of dimension ,as we got to delve into her mindset.But deok sun here is still kinda there,but we don't have much idea about her,we know she likes someone,but how when and why,we don't know.All that has been highlighted till day is jh's attraction towards her,and that too just because of the narrow alley scene,which for me also felt a bit cheap to be a reason to start liking a girl.I hope they show us more of deok sun's story.

Ah,not to say this again,but sun woo kind of gave me trash vibe with his detached,reserved personality.Guess I was wrong lol.

--

Okay found the color based post.Thank you =]].

IKR. I just can't seem to connect with her character actually as compared to with Naejong. I mean Naejong came off as strong, passionate, stubborn, obsessed with basketball & Lee Sangmin. With DS, she has no ambition, lack of motivation, single track mind (friends told her SW likes her and she believed them >_>). Maybe because the two of them came from different family background?

Anyway, I wonder if DS will give up her love for SW after all this fiasco of episode 6? But judging from her personality, I think she will. I mean Najeong didn't even when Trash pushed her away. I still remember that phone booth scene where Trash put his cap on Najeong or when Trash was late to meet her at the bar or when he moved out, her love for him never waver until Trash himself can't hold it in himself. That's one of the trait I dislike about DS. She's easily influenced and no strong determination. If she didn't give up on SW, then I'll take my words back.

Guest skeletonworks

@nearsea Found the article. Yeah I forgot that they also wanted KSK as Samcheonpo other than JW.

http://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/336824-drama-2013-answer-me-1994-reply-1994-응답하라-1994/?do=findComment&comment=17035202

@sc_12c8b0ed95055cea92622993793eb685 IKR... SMH. I think R88 is somewhat similar like its predecessor but at the same time gives a different vibe. T_T

Archived