[Drama 2016] ♤ Goodbye Mr. Black 굿바이 미스터 블랙 ♤

Beycuteful

Lee Jin Wook Captivates Fans With His Superb Acting on “Goodbye Mr. Black”

Lee Jin Wook Captivates Fans With His Superb Acting on “Goodbye Mr. Black”

Actor Lee Jin Wook is making fans swoon with his diverse charms shown on “Goodbye Mr. Black.” Through the first episode, he showed that he was great in all genres, whether it be romance, action, or comedy.

In the drama, Lee Jin Wook plays Cha Ji Won (Black), who is a special force soldier in the navy and the only child of a big enterprise CEO. He has a fun personality and very good looks.

In the first episode, various sides of Black was revealed. Cha Ji Won has to rescue his father from a group of bullies, showing his action skills. Next, he proposes to his first love Mari (Yoo In Young), showing his romantic side. Lastly, he meets Ka Ya, or Swan (Moon Chae Won) in Thailand and shows his friendly and kind personality.

The first episode left fans very excited for more, as many are curious how the storyline will progress from now on.

“Goodbye Mr. Black” airs every Wednesday and Thursday on MBC.

soompi

------------

Muscles, Song Joong-ki VS Rain VS Lee Jin-wook

2016/03/16 

photo702880.jpg

Actors Song Joong-ki, Rain and Lee Jin-wook have conquered it all with their muscles.

First, Song Joong-ki, the hottest actor today revealed his lean body through "Descendants of the Sun".

On the first episode, he showed himself topless and drew attention to his muscular build which was covered in sweat making him look even sexier. He has become a real man ever since he completed National Duty.

Rain showed up topless in the SBS drama "Please Come Back, Mister" in the process of being brought back to life from the other world. It was meant to be a humorous scene but Rain's body was magnificent.

Lee Jin-wook was half naked in the first episode of "Goodbye Mr. Black" as well.

Lee Jin-wook is part of the Special Task Force in the drama at which he partied with his fellow agents. His lean body was enough to make any woman swoon and although it was a fun scene, his body was "Fantasy".

http://www.hancinema.net/muscles-song-joong-ki-vs-rain-vs-lee-jin-wook-92499.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, hana_b said:

Thank you @mulberry9 for pointing me towards the link and instructions shared by @nonski (thanks Nonski! Nice profile pic btw. I liked his character in SWP).

OK. I won't worry if my live blog post is a repeat then, :D. I have never done or read live blogging of a drama so I was curious. In case stars align one beautiful morning.

Happy watching everyone! And fighting, our beautiful and magnificent drama!!! :glasses:

it's okay i sent you a pM

Thanks a lot @LyraYoo, @Jillia, @evergreen, @mulberry9, @nonski and other Black minions for translating and recapping the first ep. This thread seems to be equipped with a rocket engine since it moves so fast with just 1 episode, thanks to our active Black minions. I absolutely agree with all of your compliments for this ep. My biggest concern is time flied so fast, I felt it took 20 mins for me to watch the whole ep without skipping. The cast's performance is awesome, everyone nails their characters, even the anonymous killer. I like the scene of MCW with her wig, her first encounter with LJW, a playful and cheerful Cha Ji Won at his dad's birthday party, YIY and KKW's interaction is cute too. The intense builds up quickly in the last moment, it is an amazing start that I fully enjoy. I think the writer gonna break our hearts in the second ep, so please have tissues with you while watching it:P.

For Black minions, who are unhappy with the ratings, it is not the end, it is just the beginning. There is no need to worry about the rating at this point. Since the previous drama ended with 3%, this rating is not bad at all. Based on the positive reviews, I'm pretty sure the next ep's rating will increase. It can be over 10% if the story progresses consistently with good directing and script writing. We, Black minions, should be unhappy when we have no bananas to eat to wait for next week's episodes:D

Black minions, let's believe the fantasy we want to believe, and let's enjoy the drama we want to enjoy! (Please allow me to borrow the lines from Nine:))

Goodbye Mr. Black (pilot)

Mydaily - Naver: 'Goodbye Mr. Black', Lee Jin Wook, Moon Chae Won and Kim Kang Woo, first episode that leaves viewers breathless

1. [+3,017, -182] Kim Kang Woo hard carries GMB, his acting is ㅎㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷ

2. [+2,455, -224] Woah Lee Jin Wook's so handsome ㄷㄷㄷㄷ

3. [+2,076, -152] Kim Kang Woo hard carried in last part ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Is he falsely accused now?

4. [+1,620, -256] Chae Won-ah, welcome back!! As expected, you never disappoint!!

5. [+604, -70] It's fun. Kim Kang Woo's acting is amazing, Lee Jin Wook is handsome and Moon Chae Won's so pretty

6. [+604, -74] The pace is so fast, the first part was a bit sloppy but the story's unfolding so rapidly once you pass the midpoint. Even with those wrinkles, Lee Jin Wook is handsome. I like how Moon Chae Won doesn't try to look pretty. I'm looking forward to the next few episodes

7. [+447, -51] Ah, it's inspired by 'The Count of Monte Cristo'ㅋ Didn't know Kim Kang Woo was this good at acting.. Moon Chae Won is so cute ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+479, -63] Lee Jin Wook and Moon Chae Won's chemistry is no joke.. They match well. Kim Kang Woo's acting is jjang. Mr. Black exceeded my expectations

Full credit to kkuljaem for the translations. :)

Its really sad the rating for eps 1 seems very low for GMB team.I never expected this rating i thought it gonna be average 8%-10% but 3% for REAL??-__- well low rating doesnt mean this drama bad.i think many people love it(And us too)i saw many article knetizens react to this drama and many of them said its a great drama with a great actress and storyline.

I hope next episode the rating increase(Please Not steady or Lower).FIGHTING GMB TEAM AND ALL PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD WHO LOVE THIS DRAMA(:

I saw on the naver page on the right hand side the numbers 28.3% and 27%. I think these might be the online streaming ratings. Can someone confirm please? Also, GMB is still trending at no. 4 for one section and no. 6 for another. Apologies chingus that I can't tell you exactly what for as I can't read Korean. 

@sophie2you, I don't think I saw the magnifying glass on the naver page. Can you tell me where it is please?

@LyraYoo, thanks for sharing the mv again with the sub. I knew 1theK was gonna sub it sooner or later. So good of them to release it this fast. :D 

@Jillia, I feel the same way as you. Personally, ep 1 of this drama didn't make me cringe and while I'm still watching the competition, this one's my priority now. :)

Lee Jin-wook ♥ Moon Chae-won make harmonious magic in Goodbye Mr. Black

8c883bee588c69cf82f749f9d92248d7_1458179

Can Lee Jin-wook and Moon Chae-won make more harmonious chemistry than the Song-Song couple’s?

Lee Jin-wook and Moon Chae-won will perform together in MBC’s new soap opera named “Goodbye Mr. Black”.

This soap opera is based on a comic book, written by Hwang Mina, which features a man’s compelling revenge story.

“Goodbye Mr. Black” had its chase and action scenes filmed in the exotic location of Thailand. 

Spoiler

In the soap opera, Lee Jin-wook plays the male lead, Cha Ji-won (“Black” in the comic book) who was betrayed by his friend after which he takes his revenge.

Spoiler

The heroine, Moon Chae-won performs the female lead as Kim Swan (“Kaya” in the comic book) who has been living in an orphanage, and has a crush on Lee Jin-wook.

Prior to this soap opera, they performed other roles with skill.

Spoiler

In case of Lee Jin-wook, he got much popularity from female fans for TvN’s “I Need Romance 2” and “Nine”. His provided splendid performances with actresses Jung Yoo-mi and Jo Yoon-hui.

Spoiler

photo: MBC, Marie Claire, VOGUE

In the case of Moon Chae-won, she showed wonderful harmonies as part of a lovely couple with Song Joong-ki in “The Innocent Man”, Lee Seung-ki in “Love Forecast” and Yoo Yeon-suk in “Mood of the Day”.

Based on their acting career, it is fully anticipated with both of them will perform together in “Goodbye Mr. Black”.

Furthermore, there seems to be the possibility of a big rivalry with the ‘Song-Song Couple” from “Descendants of the Sun” because both soap operas will be broadcast at the same time. “Descendants of the Sun” is breaking records with the highest ratings of each episode.

Fans wonder how two rising stars of romance soap opera, Lee Jin-wook and Moon Chae-won, can overcome their rival (Song-Song couple)’s popularity perhaps by making their own synergy for harmonious performances?

Korea.com's Blare Kim contributed to this report from

http://www1.korea.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=DRAMA&wr_id=981

Interesting article...i love both dramas very much ...

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

As I said before I don't care about the ratings atm. I just want to enjoy the ride and I'm actually happy GMB could convince me in episode 1 to keep watching. :) That being said I prefer GMB over a M/V. :phew:;)

I agree with you on the ratings -and the M/V comment too-, captain! (And sorry for cutting your post!) :P:wub:

I just finished watching the 1st episode on Viki (those translators are really fast!!!) and I can happily report back to say that I really  enjoyed it.

Spoiler

Yes, pilot episode may not have been a master piece in screenwriting, but it was fun and definitely had a different feel to it. Maybe it's because it's based on a manwha, but you can feel  they're going for something new and not formulaic here. 

The main hook for me (apart from MCW of course) is that the main characters feel warm and real. Although I appreciate that they didn't make us watch 4 episodes of happy childhood and slow motion plotting from the adults before getting to the main turning point, I admit I would have liked to see a slower transformation for Min Seon Jae -- perhaps covered in at least a one and a half episode span. 

LJW is showing a lighter side that suits him naturally (I wonder why he was never cast in a role like this one before). Again, if they had extended their happy brotherly honeymoon stage for at least half episode more with more hints of jealousy and rivalry,  I think it would've made the betrayal even more poignant and the revenge more meaningful. But who knows. It may be done with flashbacks in the following episodes. 

The chemistry between all leads is fantastic so far. Maybe I'll reserve my detailed comments on MCW  (read: fangirling)  for social media and her individual forum, but I'll just say that it's refreshing to see her back in a fun, fierce role. I hope they keep that tough and edgy side for her character once she becomes Swan. 

@LyraYoo @nonski links to Naver and to Nonski's instructions for live streaming on iMBC posted on Twitter! It's also good to know that they are posted on the first page of the thread. Thank you so much!  :wub: 

I'm sure Viki veterans know this, but.. our team is made of volunteers. 

We do VIKI as a hobby. That means EVERY day is different. We have no idea who'll show up. 
Today we lucked out because we had natives transcribe the script as they saw it. 
So really us subbers had to just translate. 
Will they be there everyday? Probably not. They stay up for hours just to transcribe so we can sub faster and better.Their transcriptions also allow for closer editing. Today was a good day. 

Without them, sometimes ONE sentence can take even an hour or longer without anything. 
Sometimes we cannot hear what they're saying. It's like sitting in on a college lecture as a middle school-er. Yes English, but do you know what they're saying? 

Seriously, I owe the entire military drill segment (first 10 min or so) to the transcribers.

It would've taken hours to hear it. No putting it on full volume doesn't solve anything. Listen to it X number of times. Guess. Google/naver repeat. Consult etc. 

Specialized stuff will slow us down if we don't have an expert on said field on the team. I noticed today we had a lot of military vocabulary.
So speed will vary. I just wanted to make that clear. 

=============================================================================

EDIT: GMB was released by chief editor, 1 AM Pacific Standard Time on March 17, 2015. Keep checking Viki for non-English subtitles. 
Total time from fully segmented - fully edited English subtitles ==> total run time 14 hours 

1 hour ago, evergreen said:

I saw on the naver page on the right hand side the numbers 28.3% and 27%. I think these might be the online streaming ratings. Can someone confirm please? Also, GMB is still trending at no. 4 for one section and no. 6 for another. Apologies chingus that I can't tell you exactly what for as I can't read Korean. 

Those are the neighbor's ratings.. nothing to do with ours :)

First let me get rid of the elephant in My room. Yup, ratings. I try not to love or hate this animal and see it purely as a statistic. *skip if you can't stand the topic*

I checked the ratings the first thing I woke up this morning. Over time, I developed a weird interest in ratings, seeing it as an indication of market behavior and analysis of why some dramas succeed and why some don't. As it is, I am still struggling to understand many things about it.

On a more personal level, I always wish that my favorite actors and dramas do well, who wouldn't? I didn't expect the drama to get this rating. I had been banking on more people anticipating this show enough to watch it on their tvs and I'd thought the viewership would come from people who aren't watching any of the other 2 dramas airing in the same time slot. I didn't think Dots viewers would switch and I had hope CBM's viewership would not be cannibalized. As the numbers went, the simplistic view would be that OMHE viewers continued the same channel. Of course the viewers could have moved among the 3 dramas or add/exit total viewers but at the end of the day, the total viewership barely moved. I'd place my bet for ratings increase if the drama can get new viewers(people who aren't watching anything else prior to this drama) into the circle or wait for the sun to set. 

1st episode rating isn't an indication of the quality or anything related. It reflects how many people chose to watch it live on their tv sets based on their anticipation of the drama and/or cast. I would say ratings thereafter would be more reflective. I tend to think that 2nd week or 3rd is one of the most crucial. Hopefully, viewers like what they see and those that didn't watch or didn't put it as live watching priority would change their minds after the pilot week. 

@mulberry9 chingu is right, javabeans is recapping this drama. I don't always agree with recaps and views by bloggers on DB but if my drama gets recap, I'd wish it's JB or GF doing it. Every writer has personal bias but they are the type who give more rounded perspectives and balanced views. I'd major issues with Yong Pal recappers and while I can accept bias, I can't do the same for inaccuracies. 

It's not a home run for the 1st episode and I agree with some issues raised by javabeans. I am hoping that the PD gets into his groove once we start the story proper. Not all shows nail perfection in set ups yet it's a necessity especially for a story like this. Another thing which might disappoint some is that this didn't seem like a smooth and noir thriller. It's more reminiscent of traditional revenge dramas which isn't a bad thing. I literally grew up on a diet of those addictive cracks. 

The comic scenes left me high and dry but the emotional ones fare much much better. Kim Kang Woo has been praised by most and rightly so. He proved that he understood his character and I like his interpretation. Lee Jin Wook didn't have an easy job,I felt almost sorry for him watching him pull off that rap and goofiness, it wasn't his fault though. However, I don't think I have to worry because whenever these two men come on together, their chemistry is sizzling. That last shot of the two was intense even if there's barely a word spoken and they weren't even face to face. From the little bits in this episode, Lee Jin Wook is definitely capable of gravitas for a dark and melo Mr Black. Chae Won like LJW didn't have the best lines or set ups but she made them look a lot better than they should. Her cross eye was the only thing that tickled me, she's hilarious. Amidst all the pandemonium, she has managed make her character interesting and I already see why and how she can fall first for Black. 

Archived