[Philippine Drama 2015 - 2016] On the Wings of Love

xiashenghan

Guest AlexMao

Well that was a depressing episode. :( The final scene (or two) with Clark placing Leah's dinner in her normal spot to the montage of all their little "family" moments to their collective longing to be next to each other in bed. We really need a pick-me-up. 

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what Clark's going to be doing with Leah's mother? Idealistically he's most likely going to try to piece her family back together and try to give her that imagine she has held onto for most of her life but at the same time I can see Leah getting mad [madder(?)] as well (deflecting her anger). The kicker is I'm not sure I can see Leah's mother returning to the Philippines nor can I see her son giving much thought to his next family [it's not that he's spoiled but something seems off].

Hmm ... looking for positives for the episode ... I can't really say there were any. On to an epic reunion and a stay in Hell (Mang Sol). :phew:

My poor Clarky boy...he so misses her..and her as well :(

I know Tita loves her son but does she think that everything will be the same as before after he and Leah break up? ...and with Jigs, again a happy family?...like nothing happened? There is no way back...

Scene at the airport was so great...but it was funny how they rushed to show preview for a few eps ahead not to keep people in the dark ;)

I'm glad that Clark will have a chance to win tatang's heart before Jigs comes as well 

Man stripper? That was great :lol:

• Like 1

Guest bewitch05

@Jafstar Thank you for quoting it :)

@AlexMao You are so right about the episode, IT is depressing :( I was expecting this one to be in the lighter side.....

I've seen the preview and I guess Clark will be advising Leah's mother to do what her heart desires to do. And maybe he will repeat what Leah have told him all the time, "Pag mahal ka, babalikan ka!" (If she/he loves you, she/he will get back to you, or at least find a way to get back at your side). Then realization kicks in. But you are again at the right point about Leah and this time with Tiffany (about getting mad or madder to the highest degree). I bet she'll find a way to get back to Leah and to her sibling and Mang Sol, but I can't see it right now. Besides she need to take care her son. I'm sure Brent will play a big part on Leah's new life.

Just looking forward to the Leah and Clark reunion and might as well enjoy staying in hell with them (Mang Sol's welcome greeting to Clark) :lol:

I agree with all of you guys and it was probably Jigs own doing that may have prompted Leah to respood in that way and its pretty exhausting putting up with all of that. No relationship is perfect and ive come to realize that there are just certain people we meet in our live that have varying degrees in affecting us. Maybe i just felt that way because i didnt see the kind of relationship she had when they were together. It was always Jigs who remembered everything, how they met and what they did, etc but Leah has never said a single memory about them and again, maybe that's just me but i found that a little ironic. She desnt have to feel any kind of feelings of longing for Jigs, just that she never talked about him at all, not to Tita Jack or Clark Who both know Jigs personally. and i usually mention those stuff about my past because we somehow shared certain memories especially to common friends. There was even one time that Jigs asked Tita Jack if Leah talks about him and she was a little hesitant and said "sometimes." Like the one Im seeing now with Lea's scenes missing clark or a particular scene where she feels a sense of liberty from him. She jus left, started life in America without a single moment of remembering him, or contemplating about his obsession or whatever after he calls and asks for another chance and its like she never knew him on a deeper level at all.(in the beginning withot Clark)For me, that slow progression was missing, or maybe the writers didnt feel it was necessary for us to see those painful times when Leah was falling out of love and staying only out of pity for him. Thanks for your profound answers. By the way, i saw this pic and it appears that Jigs will follow Leah to the Philippines too.

Edited by colcolyn1958_stv
  • Like 3

Guest bewitch05

@xiashenghan That was a good one! Totally right about the furniture project. I am so glad that offer kicks in at the right time and at the right moment. Yehey for the next episode! :) :D

You might be right too about comparing Clark to  a rosary. I remember that part because it sticks on my head. The Q. and A. getting to be friends episode. I mean she ask Clark about what Love meant to her and He said, "Love is Blind". Then she said with a flick on the nose that he was wrong. So He ask what Love meant to Leah and she said those words. Love is like a rosary, Full of Mystery. It was really Clark, a mysterious guy that suddenly catches Leah on her falling state. Mysterious but fun and loving. :wub:;)

So am I to assume we won't be hearing Erik Santos - Say You'll Never Go once Clark goes to the Philippines ?

Erik's latest IG update :

More BTS pics :-

Hidden Content

Hello @KDIK - Erik Santos' post says "Thank you for the good feedback on my song 'Say You'll Never Go.' Because of that, I recorded a new version that will be included in my new album under @starmusicph! Stay tuned for that on 'On the Wings of Love.'" 

Actually the first hashtag is - I don't know if it's funny (like a joke he's playing with us) or a clue into the future, #morepainful 

So I guess there will still be a round of pain.

I hope more people will also get to appreciate more of Filipino pop music because of this. "Say You'll Never Go" first came out in the 90s, from the band Neocolours. I wouldn't call myself a worldwide music fan, but I am definitely a pop music fan, whatever country they might find themselves from.

• Like 3

Guest bewitch05

@colcolyn1958_stv You made some good points and I might say you have a wide variety of thinking and observing things. That was kind of amazing trait for a person. You give us a thought that we rarely entertain but it was all too god to express what we all think. You are certainly an observer and keep doing that, you might not know it can lead you to wonderful opportunities. So it's fine, we all have a lot of fun discussing that matter.

OMG! I hope Clark will win Leah and Mang Sol's heart before that annoying thing comes back to their life! Hahahahahaha affected much about Jigs. I just hope he'll find his path and maybe change what he thinks and feels. :):D;)

But over all good one :)

Guest bewitch05

@colcolyn1958_stv Maybe you are right! I've watch left and right Kdramas and Pdramas that focus on the week or month dealing the moving on process, this one is definitely different. I might say it was a good change thought. Good to hear that you are not skipping an episode, I am too! Hurray for you and everyone out there that is dedicating some precious time to watch this :) ;)

Next Episode Looking Forward Mode On! Now this is why it's More Fun in The Philippines :) Go Clark! Can't wait for it! We Love you Tanya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wub::D

OT: The extended version of their Jollibee commercial (who would've thought take out food can be romantic lol. That last line though !)

Thanks for translating hazelnutthursdays. I find it quite cool actually that his doing a new version for the show & I've checked out the original by Neocolours (and if I dare so say, I prefer their version lol). I'm patiently waiting for a tagalog song tbh, I hope they feature one soon cause the Philippines have great songs (well at least the ones I've come across in shows/movies). I really want James & Nadine to do a cover of this for the show :

I don't know if its been used in other shows before or if it would suit any future developments but I just love the song lol :

Just MAYBE in the future episodes we'll see the good side to the Jigs x Leah coupling since they'll be back home and I'm sure some people there will vouch for the good times they had right ? (although there would be no point but whatever lol)

I wonder if Mang Sol will find out the whole truth about Clark & Leah. Do they lead him to believe they married for love or they tell him everything about the "marriage for convenience" green card/cash exchange.

- I just have to say I love the discussion that goes on in this thread. The struggle of being a foreign OTWOLista is real !! lol. I'm just happy we have this place to discuss the show. 

Guest bewitch05

@KDIK that was a good guess. I mean they might add it up or maybe not..............

I thinking about that too. I am guessing about a hundred explanation Leah would give to his father about her marrying him. But on the preview I might say she said it is for love, that's why Mang Sol is giving Clark a 101 trials to prove he's worth of his daughters love and affection. I'm rooting that she would say it's for love :) :wub:

-I am so glad I am part of this :) 

OT: The extended version of their Jollibee commercial (who would've thought take out food can be romantic lol. That last line though !)

Thanks for translating hazelnutthursdays. I find it quite cool actually that his doing a new version for the show & I've checked out the original by Neocolours (and if I dare so say, I prefer their version lol). I'm patiently waiting for a tagalog song tbh, I hope they feature one soon cause the Philippines have great songs (well at least the ones I've come across in shows/movies). I really want James & Nadine to do a cover of this for the show :

Hidden Content

Just MAYBE in the future episodes we'll see the good side to the Jigs x Leah coupling since they'll be back home and I'm sure some people there will vouch for the good times they had right ? (although there would be no point but whatever lol)

I wonder if Mang Sol will find out the whole truth about Clark & Leah. Do they lead him to believe they married for love or they tell him everything about the "marriage for convenience" green card/cash exchange.

- I just have to say I love the discussion that goes on in this thread. The struggle of being a foreign OTWOLista is real !! lol. I'm just happy we have this place to discuss the show. 

Thanks for the vid. Highly appreciated her :) 

I can't help praising Nads and James on their continues evolving acting skills. They trully level up. I mean I can really feel the characters come to life. As I watch this I can see Clark and Leah on the screen and not James and Nads. They lost thereselves over the character and I was glad I still root for them, what with others telling me they are not good, this proves them wrong. :) 

#ILoveOTWOL #FeelTheLove #LeahandClarkForever 

@bewitch05_stv OTWOL has been an addicting show right from the start! While my best-friend has found a new love of KPop, I'm all invested in this. Lol. Can you imagine our conversations?! "So on today with OTWOL..." "Wait! Check out this BTS video!!!!!! Isn't JiMin cute?!" .....:sweatingbullets: "Sure, their music is awesome! But back to OTWOL..." Heheh. We have fun. :D

I agree whole heartedly with you @KDIK. This forum is the thing that feeds my addiction. I'm so grateful that @xiashenghan started this place for us to put out our word mush and deep feels, and am happy for everyone's contributions. The in-depth analysis really feels like we're all apart of a book-club, getting to the heart of things. 

Looking forward to Mang Sol meeting his new relative! ;) And will Leah tell her father that mom is alive? How soon after learning about Clark? Can't wait to see Clark "serving" the family! 

• Like 3

@bewitch05_stv OTWOL has been an addicting show right from the start! While my best-friend has found a new love of KPop, I'm all invested in this. Lol. Can you imagine our conversations?! "So on today with OTWOL..." "Wait! Check out this BTS video!!!!!! Isn't JiMin cute?!" .....:sweatingbullets: "Sure, their music is awesome! But back to OTWOL..." Heheh. We have fun. :D

I agree whole heartedly with you @KDIK. This forum is the thing that feeds my addiction. I'm so grateful that @xiashenghan started this place for us to put out our word mush and deep feels, and am happy for everyone's contributions. The in-depth analysis really feels like we're all apart of a book-club, getting to the heart of things. 

Looking forward to Mang Sol meeting his new relative! ;) And will Leah tell her father that mom is alive? How soon after learning about Clark? Can't wait to see Clark "serving" the family! 

this is what happened to me as well. my friend is soooooo into iKON and cant stop talking about them. while me, im watching many dramas, Chinese Nirvana In Fire, FIlipino OTWOL and Korean Twenty again. I showed her the preview i got from here, i remember it was preview for coming back home to Philippines.. and she screamed "OH MY GOD, HE'S SO HAWT, WHO'S THAT DUDE?" and i laughed so hard. to switch my friends' attention from kpop or kdrama, my way is to show James' videos! whatsoever. haha.. (but Jimin of BTS is cute tho! haha)

Sooo thank you everyone here, your pics and videos help me to persuade my friends to watch this, haha.

totally agree with @KDIK. and @Jafstar im so grateful to @xiashenghan and everyone here to their contributions. i might not really post anything, but i always drop by to find some new comments :)

they are going back to Philippines, comeback homeeeeee.. come baby come come baby :D

Edited by SuperNastar
  • Like 2

I love this ! Gotta appreciate the male audience too lol -

Someone pointed out the post it notes on the fridge !! Nice attention to detail by the production, I teared up at the Hi Jebs one, Clark asking for Adobo & Leah saved the surprise post it note !! *goes into a corner and continues crying over feels*

12093790_558254314330619_777457039_n.jpg

Guest lalalala823

@KDIK the song Tadhana by Up dharma down was the theme song of the pinoy movie That thing called tadhana. I love that song! It's very poetic, very deep. Basically it talks about taking that leap of faith to be with someone, giving yourself the chance to love. I doubt they'll use this now since it fit perfectly when they were just starting to realize their feelings

About Leah moving on too fast...Well I've been in an on-off relationship for 4 years too and I can say that towards the end of it you just start not caring anymore. Maybe she stayed in the relationship not because of pity but because her relationship with Jigs is kind of like a safe zone? It's really scary to let go of a relationship especially if it's first love. You start asking yourself if you're ever gonna love someone else and if someone's gonna love you again too. Breaking up with your first love is very scary but it can be very liberating too. I think that's what happened with Leah when she broke up with Jigs. The break up almost seemed like a new start for her. Like she can do what she wanted, chase after her dreams, and prioritize herself and her family more.

I guess what I'm trying to say is the length of moving on and getting hung over someone is not a measure of how much love you gave. It's much more complex than that. I actually commend Leah for moving on and getting her priorities straight because Lovelife vs. Priorities in life is a very common dilemma for people her age. Leah being adamant about choosing herself and her family only shows how strong of a woman she is. 

Edited by lalalala823

@KDIK the song Tadhana bu Up dharma dowm was the theme song of the pinoy movie That thing called tadhana. I love that song too! It's very poetic, very deep.

About Leah moving on too fast...Well I've been in an on-off relationship for 4 years too and I can say that towards the end of it you just start not caring anymore. Maybe she stayed in the relationship not because of pity but because her relationship with Jigs is kind of like a safe zone? It's really scary to let go of a relationship especially if it's first love. You start asking yourself if you're ever gonna love someone else and if someone's gonna love you again too. Breaking up with your first love is very scary but it can be very liberating too. I think that's what happened with Leah when she broke up with Jigs. The break up almost seemed like a new start for her. Like she can do what she wanted, chase after her dreams, and prioritize herself and her family more.

I guess what I'm trying to say is the length of moving on and getting hung over someone is not a measure of how much love you gave. It's much more complex than that. I actually commend Leah for moving on and getting her priorities straight because Lovelife vs. Priorities in life is a very common dilemma for people her age. Leah being adamant about choosing herself and her family only shows how strong of a woman she is. 

Which is why I'm secretly hoping they would use the song lol. It's a long shot but a fangirl can dream. I actually found a FMV with Cleah that features the song Tadhana :

More FMV's from youtube :

I'll Never Go by Erik Santos (I love this song so much, you guys have no idea how happy I was when I saw someone on IG make a mini mv of it with Cleah !! ) In 3 parts :

Guest bewitch05

@Jafstar Good to hear that! We are all here with you! I am a Fan of Kpop too, well we got times that we got stuck to a certain place, but guess what? I move on to another. You are right this show is very addictive, even my mom was into this! :) Totally agree about the vid. of BTS :) Jimin is cutee. 

@KDIK got a big point about this forum, it was like home to me, sharing my thoughts and hearing yours (well reading :) ) too! Super grateful for @xiashenghan for starting this all up, you are the bomb! 

So everyone lets look forward for the reunion of Leah and Clark! Home sweeeeeettttt Home baby! 

I love this ! Gotta appreciate the male audience too lol -

Someone pointed out the post it notes on the fridge !! Nice attention to detail by the production, I teared up at the Hi Jebs one, Clark asking for Adobo & Leah saved the surprise post it note !! *goes into a corner and continues crying over feels*

12093790_558254314330619_777457039_n.jpg

OMG! Hahahahahaa:D I really can feel how disappointed he is..... This is so Good!

Guest leira_777

^^ Haha, I don't think he was disappointed. He's like fainting from feeling so gooey because of the romantic scenes.

From what I heard:

"Nooo! They have the cutest moments in every single drama... and then she says... Heck, no, man. What the heck is this?" :crazy:

Guest leira_777

Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Loves JaDine’s On The Wings Of Love (OTWOL)

by Admin | Tuesday, October 06, 2015 | ABS-CBN, Entertainment, General, Hot, Kapamilya, People We Miss, Stuff We Miss, TFC, Top 10

Since its pilot episode on August 10, 2015, James Reid and Nadine Lustre’s (JaDine) On the Wings of Love (OTWOL) continues to soar and capture Filipinos’ ‘kilig-bones’ all over the world. Day after day, it’s on the top trending topic on Twitter, with 1M tweets becoming almost a daily affair among fans and followers of the show. Goes without saying that it’s also a heavy-hitter, ratings-wise, on ABS-CBN’s primetime block. In addition, OTWOL is the most-watched TV show on iWant TV registering more than 3.7 million views for just the month of September. Phew! 

So, what makes this show such a popular hit among Filipinos at home (via ABS-CBN) and abroad (via The Filipino Channel)? Here are the top 10 reasons:

10. U.S. sights and scenic spots make you forget that you’re in Pinas.
Let’s admit it. If tomorrow, you will be given a US visa and booked for a chartered flight to the USA, would you say no? Chances are, before this sentence ends, you would’ve packed your things already and is about to call your friends to bid good bye. Of course, we all want to experience USA. But since not all of us will have the opportunity, just seeing its sights and scenic spots every night on TV will probably be the next best thing. And OTWOL gives us that.

9. Tiffany and “Tolayts” make you believe that anything is possible.
Yes, Tiffany is tall, beautiful and sweet. The type that only the Fabio Ide’s (in case you’re wondering who he is, google him) of this world could have. But no. Here comes our hero ‘Tolayts’, a tricycle driver who’s kind, funny and rather persistent.
And Tiffany and Tolayts could actually end up together! Now, we all could truly believe that in this world, anything is possible.

8. Family-centered theme connects with millions of Filipinos abroad.
Of the more than 10 million Filipinos who work or reside abroad, a great majority would still have a family to support in the Philippines. This love of family is an inherent Filipino value that we carry with us wherever we go. OTWOL reflects that in real and vivid terms, that’s why we can all relate to it in a deeply personal way.

7. Jigs reminds you every day of what you DON’T want to become.
What teleserye would succeed without an effective kontrabida? In this great story between Clark and Leah, we have a guy who perfectly fits the role of what our mothers always tell us not to become – a douchebag! Every time we see Jigs on screen, bullying Clark, annoying Leah and disrespecting her mom Jack, we are always reminded to just do the opposite and we’ll do well in life.

6. Kyla’s version of ‘On the Wings of Love’ makes your world beautiful.
You watch a perfectly romantic scene and then Kyla’s version of ‘On the Wings of Love’ plays in the background. Don’t you just suddenly feel better? That love is in the air? That life is beautiful again?

5. Direk Antoinette Jadaone doesn’t serve ‘hopia’
‘Hopia’, from the word ‘hope’ or ‘pa-asa’, is a term that has grown in popularity lately because of the one too many instances where the director of a teleserye (not OTWOL, of course) keeps delaying a much-awaited ‘kilig’ scene just so the viewers will stay glued and the show could keep its ratings. That’s old (dirty) tactic. Direk Jadaone is a breath of fresh air. She doesn’t serve ‘hopia’. Only good story and romantic feels.

4. Clark reminds you of your ideal guy and that he could actually be out there.
Ok, not to the extreme that all you need to do is walk carelessly across the street and you will magically bump into someone who’s got the looks of James Reid and you two will fall deeply in love. Not that extreme. But whenever you see Clark, it always reminds you of your ideal guy – caring, loving and good-looking but not without flaw. And then you begin to wonder, if Leah could make Clark fall in love, why can’t you do the same thing? 

3. Leah reminds you that happy endings do exist.
Leah, armed with only a few thousand bucks and sheer determination, flew to the US with a single mission: to obtain a US Green Card so she could find a decent job and be able to help her family. Not only did she manage to find a temporary job that helped sustain her stay in the US and support her dad’s hospital operation, she also managed to secure that much-coveted Green Card and could possibly end up with her one great love in the process – all in less than a year! Ah, happy endings. They do exist.

2. JaDine serves up good vibes by being completely honest and not leading you on.
Clark and Leah are James Reid and Nadine Lustre or JaDine in real life. They are one of the hottest love teams in the country today and they have multitude of loyal, good-natured fans who support them. In real life though, they are not a couple – and they don’t have any qualms about it. They’re friends. They’re partners. They’re a team. And they are completely honest with their fans – and each other – about it; not leading them on just to gain support for their movies and endorsements. Of course that doesn’t prevent JaDines from hoping that things will take a romantic turn in real life soon. But even if that doesn’t happen, the good vibes that James and Nadine bring is just too real to deny.

1. On the Wings of Love (OTWOL) makes you feel in love, over and over and over again. 
No overly complicated plot lines. No depressing scenes. No gut-wrenching portrayal of a heartbreak (ok, maybe except for #OTWOLILoveYou episode). Only good, lighthearted, romantic story that puts you in a good mood every time you watch it. The feeling of being in love over and over and over again – that’s what OTWOL does. And who wouldn’t want to experience that night after night after night?