Quantcast

[Philippine Drama 2015 - 2016] On the Wings of Love

I love your forum...this week episodes are more exciting...the director reveals the episodes this week is 'mas bongga'..a lot of complications...i dont know if its true that Leah gonna suffer for Amnesia...

Hello @summerbluebreeze - I believe the news agency that published a line about the amnesia plot has already issued an erratum. :) Good going. I trust the writers and creative minds behind the series to have so much self-respect to not do this to their own work. :) Thus far, they have made "On the Wings of Love" feel true and while dramatized, still real and much more accessible to people of normal circumstances. 

Re: Leah and Jigs

I have this sense that Jigs could potentially be abusive to Leah if they had stayed together. If Leah hadn't gotten out of the relationship when she did, and if didn't amount to such distance between San Francisco and Manila, I don't see the relationship growing any further. And if Leah, who had already been on track towards improving, she might be stuck with a possessive boyfriend and potential husband who treats her like a house pet. I guess the relationship was relatively smooth-sailing because, of what we know of Leah so far, she's very willing to be humble and apologize and make amends when she feels that she's caused hurt (i.e., the early stages of her and Clark's marriage, where she pushed him too much to talk about his father).  It's also in her nature to be more magnanimous and expansive.  

I don't think Leah will ever be able to disrespect Tita Jack openly, but I would really want to see Leah put Jigs in his place. I feel that the goodwill she extends to Jigs in the form of accommodating him, and to the point that she welcomes him in her (Clark's apartment is now conjugal, right?) home is borne of a combination of respect for their years together and that overwhelming gratitude, that utang na loob to Tita Jack. 

In the week's teaser, Tita Jack has talked to Clark and Leah, giving them advice about separating - that if they are to do it, they should do it soon. With how sad she was saying that, I'm just hazarding a guess that she's also hurt by the turn of events. And not only because it's Jigs and Clark competing for the same woman, or even that it will be difficult for her to win Jigs back, but because she also has it in her heart to see both Clark and Leah happy. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leah Olivar (Nadine Lustre) is a young woman who wants nothing but to go to America so she can help her family. While Clark Medina (James Reid) is a young man living in America who wants to give his s

They're cute 

They say, "Love is like a bird." If you set it free, it will fly wherever it wants. While it's flying, it might find a new love. A new love that will join the flight. Low or high... Fast or slow...

@summerbluebreeze Oh no.  Not the amnesia thing please!  I don't know but I swear I despise that kind of twist.  It sucks big time when one of the lead characters suffer from memory loss.   I hope they would be wise enough not to ruin the plot.  Fingers crossed!  :)

i really hate that amnesia thing. oh please noooo. for drama sake and the heart of ours... i cant imagine it. or if this happens, please dont be like Meteor Garden 2. Even one of them forget one another, but the heart wants what it wants, right? so producer and writer-nim.. pleaseeeee...

@Jafstar thank you for posting those pics. really nice. btw, have you watched ep 36-40???

• Like 2

@summerbluebreeze Oh no.  Not the amnesia thing please!  I don't know but I swear I despise that kind of twist.  It sucks big time when one of the lead characters suffer from memory loss.   I hope they would be wise enough not to ruin the plot.  Fingers crossed!  :)

i really hate that amnesia thing. oh please noooo. for drama sake and the heart of ours... i cant imagine it. or if this happens, please dont be like Meteor Garden 2. Even one of them forget one another, but the heart wants what it wants, right? so producer and writer-nim.. pleaseeeee...

@Jafstar thank you for posting those pics. really nice. btw, have you watched ep 36-40???

Hello @mashedtomato and @SuperNastar - Please rest easy. There's no amnesia. :) It's clarified here: http://www.rappler.com/views/imho/107708-aldub-jadine-imaginaries-intimacy

Edited by hazelnutthursdays
  • Like 2

I love your forum...this week episodes are more exciting...the director reveals the episodes this week is 'mas bongga'..a lot of complications...i dont know if its true that Leah gonna suffer for Amnesia...

i saw on twitter theres no amnesia will happen 

Guest AlexMao

@hazelnutthursdays I'm a little confused by your guess regarding Tita Jack "She also has it in her heart to see both Clark and Leah happy" how so? If her continued attitude towards her own son is to let him run rampant, putting her further into depth/building her up in an effort to score points with Leah, a person who has said more times than not that the relation the two once had is officially over continues to meddle ... how is this trying to see Leah happy? Tita Jack has even commented on Clark's own past and lack of love [outside of sibling or family-based], so to see him open up his heart to someone should in all honesty tell her more than she needs to know. Yet as I've said (and probably others throughout the run of the series) she continues to interfere by either doing nothing [Jigs] or by becoming Jigs herself [trying to separate the two]. 

If Jigs is going to change it's going to be a two-front assault, Leah primarily telling him again that whatever they once had is over and then Tita Jack stepping up and taking Jigs out of the equation because nothing he's doing is healthy [breaking up is rough to say the least and it takes an emotional/physical toll on the mind/body] so he needs to do the whole "out of sight, out of mind" thing [for me this includes removing any/all contact really of Tita Jack and Jigs because we've been down this road but the constant contact seems to only exacerbate Jig's resolve to "win" Leah back.] and be introduced to someone else [bar girl or a San Francisco trolley :phew:]. I'd include Clark but as we've seen that's just testosterone and them beating the crap out of one another isn't really the answer here.

Congratulations Team OTWOL!
Top 5 Most Watched Programs On iwantv!
‪#‎OTWOLILoveYou‬ 
‪#‎onthewingsoflove‬ 
‪#‎JaDine‬ ‪#‎JamesReid‬ ‪#‎NadineLustre‬

12108148_910628735691245_773406627602504

[OTWOL BTS]
James at the set of #OnTheWingsOfLove 
#JaDine #JamesReid
© iz salvador

12115883_910617252359060_665759756141106

[OTWOL BTS]
James and Nadine at the set of ‪#‎OnTheWingsOfLove‬
‪#‎JaDine‬ ‪#‎JamesReid‬ ‪#‎NadineLustre‬ 
©

12003979_910615682359217_425267448976732

[OTWOL UPDATE]
Nadine with Direk @jojosaguin and Sir @arnelize at the set of‪#‎OnTheWingsLove‬

‪#‎JaDine‬ ‪#‎NadineLustre‬

12112475_910614419026010_201758363922303

• Like 2

[OTWOL BTS]
James and Nadine at the shoot of #OnTheWingsOfLove
#JaDine #JamesReid #NadineLustre 
© johncarlodaquis

i think this scene shoot in the philippines and i think leah will apply a new job with clark cant wait for this scene 

12075000_910614192359366_475105676930688

and their new TVC 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27jGfj5BHz0&feature=youtu.be 

#onthewingsoflove #ontheset 
#JamesReid
© @lhenaya25

12075054_910646339022818_432586998844586

HACKED!!!

Hahaha!
Someone hacked Ms @lhenaya25 's phone

• Like 2

@hazelnutthursdays I'm a little confused by your guess regarding Tita Jack "She also has it in her heart to see both Clark and Leah happy" how so? If her continued attitude towards her own son is to let him run rampant, putting her further into depth/building her up in an effort to score points with Leah, a person who has said more times than not that the relation the two once had is officially over continues to meddle ... how is this trying to see Leah happy? Tita Jack has even commented on Clark's own past and lack of love [outside of sibling or family-based], so to see him open up his heart to someone should in all honesty tell her more than she needs to know. Yet as I've said (and probably others throughout the run of the series) she continues to interfere by either doing nothing [Jigs] or by becoming Jigs herself [trying to separate the two]. 

If Jigs is going to change it's going to be a two-front assault, Leah primarily telling him again that whatever they once had is over and then Tita Jack stepping up and taking Jigs out of the equation because nothing he's doing is healthy [breaking up is rough to say the least and it takes an emotional/physical toll on the mind/body] so he needs to do the whole "out of sight, out of mind" thing [for me this includes removing any/all contact really of Tita Jack and Jigs because we've been down this road but the constant contact seems to only exacerbate Jig's resolve to "win" Leah back.] and be introduced to someone else [bar girl or a San Francisco trolley :phew:]. I'd include Clark but as we've seen that's just testosterone and them beating the crap out of one another isn't really the answer here.

Hello @AlexMao - I don't argue that what you're suggesting is what's best for Jigs. What Tita Jack needs to do to set him straight on his path. It's frustrating to see her get in the way of the happiness of the people around her, especially Clark, I get that. I'm also just making an observation that Tita Jack goes through her own share of conflicting values. Or let's say, conflicting loves. Up until this point, before episode 41, she hasn't heard from Leah, directly, that she is in love with Clark. The last time they spoke, Leah has neither clearly stated anything. Tita Jack's assumption of Leah's moving out to stay for a few days at Monette's being part of the divorce script was neither confirmed nor denied. She didn't tell Jigs anything when she went home after speaking with Clark. She didn't shoot Jigs down because I just don't think she has it in her. She's tried in her way to help him along, but she's just much too guilty about not having enough time and presence with her son that she lets him get away with too much. I'm just saying she has it in her to see Clark and Leah happy - we are shown her treatment of Clark from the very beginning, and she has said at one point that she cares enough for Leah and what she feels (when she tried to discourage Jigs from taking Leah's pictures off his wall to bring to the US.) She has also said if she had a daughter, she would want her to be like Leah (OFW Family Day). It's just that what she actually does about this conflict between her love for Clark and Leah, and her love for her own son that would be the problem. She is a mother, first and foremost, and after "mothering" Clark and Leah at the expense of seriously mothering Jigs, she's bound to do things that side with Jigs. 

That all said, I'm still just guessing. I'm speaking all this without yet going through episode 41, just from the past 40 episodes and a glimpse in the preview. And I will be very happy to see what the writers and series creators will do to flesh the conflict out. I've expressed my confidence in how they've worked thus far, and I still believe we will see all this play out with compelling drama. 

• Like 1
Guest lalalala823

This episode is so heartbreaking but so sweet at the same time :'(

Clark and Leah were "fighting" (I think it's all part of their breaking up plan set up by Tita Jack) 

Leah: I believed in you Clark. The moment I fall for you, you let go of me. You're a coward! You said you love me but why can't you fight for me? Go away...please just go away

Clark walks out the house and bumps into Tita Jack and Jigs. They witness the whole scene. Inside the house: classic scene of the heroine crying while sliding on a wall.

Clark and Leah meet up. They both look so saaaad :'( 

Clark: It's so unfair. You and jigs already broke up, why do I have to let you go? I love you Leah

Leah: I love you too clark, i love you so much

Clark: I love you so much Leah

*The best kiss scene ever!!! Twice!!

*fight scene in the preview blabla not even gonna bother with you jigs

Clark and Leah back at their apartment

Leah: Are we doing the right thing Clark?

Clark: It's not like that Leah, they just don't understand [how we feel]. If they only know how much I love you, they would understand why I have to fight for this. 

*Kiss scene again :">>

preview  

Leah at the airport Clark calls out to her amd kisses her. Hihihi :"""">

I can't remember all of it soweee. Probably because of too many feeling this episode made me feel 

Edited by lalalala823

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

preview  

Hidden Content

I can't remember all of it soweee. Probably because of too many feeling this episode made me feel 

Thanks for sharing; I'm stalking IG and I see so many heartbreaking moments!! :tears::(

• Like 2
Guest lalalala823

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

preview  

Hidden Content

Thanks for sharing; I'm stalking IG and I see so many heartbreaking moments!! :tears::(

their fight scene is so </333 I can't do it justice you have to watch it for yourself

And their meetup after the fight and that scene back at their apartmentis so bittersweet. You really have to watch it to feel all the feels. :tears:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

preview  

Hidden Content

their fight scene is so </333 I can't do it justice you have to watch it for yourself

And their meetup after the fight and that scene back at their apartmentis so bittersweet. You really have to watch it to feel all the feels. :tears:

The episode tonight was heartbreaking. No happy moments at all. A heavy episode.

And that fight scene at the door was the most heartbreaking. I mean they have to pretend to mean it but I feel like Leah mean what she said to Clark. I know she denied it but I don't believe it. 

The acting was intense and it hits the spot right on. They've improved a lot.

I guess tomorrow she will finally meet her mom again and leave for Philippines.

• Like 1
Guest bewitch05

The episode was so sweet and the same time heartbreaking as @xiashenghan and @lalalala823 have said. The kiss made my night and at least it made my wait worth it.  

As for Jigs I was kind of pity him in that situation, but he kind of deserve it. Experiencing a heartbreak could open up both eyes and mind to new things. It could lead him into liking and loving his mom more in the future. And he's at fault because he let go at the first place. He let his pride and stubborn thick head take over before thinking the consequences. 

As for the next episode we can assume that Leah will be definitely going back to the Philippines. The teaser plug says, It's the end of the American Dream, so it may lead to that. Hopefully Clark will find a way to get back to Leah. Which I am thinking is the Sash, the little business they had back in the Philippines will be in big trouble, and that's when the offer kicks in, they way Clark can go back home.

I just hope Leah and her mom can fix their broken relationship.

But anyways, let's prepare our heart for another round of heartbroken scenes...... OMG! :tears::sweatingbullets:

I just hope we can handle it all..... but the story is growing more and more interesting! ;)

Are we presuming that Leah will go back to the Philippines with her mother in an attempt to re-build her family or are you guys leaning more towards she's running away from things? Given how things are going her being away from Clark may be for the best, "absence makes the heart grow fonder" and all of that, allowing him to focus on making something of himself with his connection to the restaurant owner. As many of you have speculated it's possible that Clark would be required to go back to the Philippines which in turns re-introduces the two. From this perspective this would allow for a more proper courtship and blessing. 

I can't in all good sense think of some far fetched notion for Tita Jack and Jigs at the moment. Tita Jack wants to stay in the states because it offers more opportunities for her to make more and support her family back home. Jigs on the other hand simply wanted to come to the states to be with Leah, correct me if I'm wrong, so he's pretty much playing things by ear. Turn of events would be that both Tita Jack and Jigs stay in the states and Jigs piggybacks off Tita Jack's current employer/employment opportunity and tries to make his own way (ok, so coming up with a far fetched idea wasn't too hard ... impractical yes).

Only positive thing I'm seeing with next week is that we're back in the Philippines and that means more Tiffany & Tolayts and their wacky go-stop relationship. :D 

That was what the story is leading us into. And yehey for more Tiffany and Tolayts love and funny relationship on/off/maybe status :)

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

preview  

Hidden Content

The episode tonight was heartbreaking. No happy moments at all. A heavy episode.

And that fight scene at the door was the most heartbreaking. I mean they have to pretend to mean it but I feel like Leah mean what she said to Clark. I know she denied it but I don't believe it. 

The acting was intense and it hits the spot right on. They've improved a lot.

I guess tomorrow she will finally meet her mom again and leave for Philippines.

A very heavy episode indeed! The kiss and confession for their love was kind of bitter-sweet. The scene at the door while Leah was crying her heart out, that made me cry a lot. I can feel the pain and somewhat understand how she feel. There is intense and all. I really pity her. :tears: :( I just wish they could stay together. 

I know not a lot of people like the JaDine love team but guys, let's admit it they are the most real thing we can see. I mean yeah they started at a not so good acting state (But who did? Everyone starts from the scratch) but look at how they improve now as an actor and actress. The acting skills are into a new whole level and the chemistry was so good. They are growing and I wish people would see that. But anyways we cannot please everybody.

I guess I have to prepare both my mind and heart for tomorrow's episode....dang need more tissues.

Thank you for sharing this.... OMG!