[Philippine Drama 2015 - 2016] On the Wings of Love

xiashenghan

Guest bewitch05

Because the episode last night is really heavy and sad. Let's laugh first.

Translation:

Clark: Why am I the one who have to leave my own apartment?

Leah: Oh no! I forgot this is his apartment. I'm sorry Clark.

Translation:

Clark: If only they knew that it's my apartment... They's understand why I have to fight for it.

Leah: Wrong! This is Clark's apartment. I'm the one who is supposed to leave not him. Forgive me Clark I didn't mean it. I just forgot. Sorry Clark, sorry... I'm really sorry. 

Clark: Why did I leave! Where am I supposed to live now? I'll wander until I find a new place to stay. I'll wander. It's Leah's fault.

@KDIK Haha! That scene was intense that I don't know if I'm supposed to laugh or not. After Leah hit him he said "I said hate me not hit me." Hahaha!!! :lol:

Because the episode last night is really heavy and sad. Let's laugh first.

Translation:

Clark: Why am I the one who have to leave my own apartment?

Leah: Oh no! I forgot this is his apartment. I'm sorry Clark.

Translation:

Clark: If only they knew that it's my apartment... They's understand why I have to fight for it.

Leah: Wrong! This is Clark's apartment. I'm the one who is supposed to leave not him. Forgive me Clark I didn't mean it. I just forgot. Sorry Clark, sorry... I'm really sorry. 

Clark: Why did I leave! Where am I supposed to live now? I'll wander until I find a new place to stay. I'll wander. It's Leah's fault.

@KDIK Haha! That scene was intense that I don't know if I'm supposed to laugh or not. After Leah hit him he said "I said hate me not hit me." Hahaha!!! :lol:

Hahahahahahaha! That was kind of funny really! Thank you for sharing. Yeah we been asking ourselves about that too! It's his apartment why he was the one who leaves? But anyways, this makes me relax a bit!

Hi everyone! I've been following this forum for weeks now and just wanted to say thank u to everyone! I absolutely love this show and even though I'm an English speaker, I can't help myself and watch the episode as soon as they air (with no subs) so I love coming to here to check out what others had to say about the episode. I've been hoping that I can join in, if u guys don't mind? :D

Hi! *Waves*. Welcome! They are all friendly and very good at opinions. You are definitely welcome here! They did welcome me at my first day here! :D

This is hilarious:

Hahahahahaha! Thank you for posting this! Yup it's Fun in SANFO, don't get back to the Philippines, they don't need you there! Trust me they have More Fun in there when you're presence is not lurking around :) 

Guest bewitch05

Hi guys! Just watched the episode a while ago! It's a roller coaster ride trust me :lol: It's has a little bit of sweetness in it, some pinch of sour memories and then here comes the heartbreak scene (The Airport Scene), but nothing can beat the episode yesterday, it was heavier. 

So as we all assume  Leah definitely go back in the Philippines (I beat my mom on a bet in that :) ) to heal her heart. But that makes it more interesting. Looking forward to watch for tomorrow's episode! Clark and Leah are definitely leveling up! That was so good to see. Is that actually a new ring? Hoping that it was the ring that Leah was talking on a window display! But anyways the story is building up :wub:

Now Clark has to do the traditional courting and it was fun to watch. Now Tolayts has a comrade, two on two! Go Clark! And by the way, if a jeepney driver was as good looking as Clark, I bet everyone will ride that jeepney, 'cause I will! 

#OTWOL Rocks!

Sorry everyone still trying to figure out how to hide spoilers....

Hidden Content

Thank you for posting this! This is soooooo cuuutttteee! I mean I love the part when he said asawa mode  on! And now Clark has to follow Leah's rules! Time to get even! You can do it Pogi! (Handsome) :wub::lol::D

And This episode  shows the importance of traditional courting to show respect for a girl. Wow! Mind blowing. My hubby is an American but he definitely approve that it was kinda cute seeing a modern generation doing the old ways of saying I am the One for you!:wub::D

Guest bewitch05

Go Clark! We are Cheering for you! Staying in Hell? No that is definitely in heaven :) :wub:

Guest AlexMao

Well the next episode will certainly be better than the last two. We really need the light-hearted over-the-top lovey-dovey stuff to balance everything out. I certainly like the idea of Tolayts & Clark teaming up against Mang Sol, Tiffany & Leah and losing horribly to them. :D

Monday's episode was definitely heavier than yesterday's one. The airport scene kind of lost it's impact for me because we've seen it so many times in the previews but still it was well acted by James & Nadine. I just can't believe she up & left without at least leaving a note or something, if Tita Jack hadn't come over Clark wouldn't have known til way later. The positive thing is they're both very much still in love, there was no divorce & Jigs is currently in the States still so he can't be a hindrance for now at least lol.

Anyways I'm so excited for the next part in the Philippines, were going to get Olivar/Medina family moments. I'm going to assume the earliest maybe Friday or sometime next week Clark will be there.

Edited :- Would anyone mind translating Direk Tonette's tweets ??

Edited by KDIK

Monday's episode was definitely heavier than yesterday's one. The airport scene kind of lost it's impact for me because we've seen it so many times in the previews but still it was well acted by James & Nadine. I just can't believe she up & left without at least leaving a note or something, if Tita Jack hadn't come over Clark wouldn't have known til way later. The positive thing is they're both very much still in love, there was no divorce & Jigs is currently in the States still so he can't be a hindrance for now at least lol.

Anyways I'm so excited for the next part in the Philippines, were going to get Olivar/Medina family moments. I'm going to assume the earliest maybe Friday or sometime next week Clark will be there.

Hello @KDIK

1. "If he(/she - Filipino pronouns are gender-neutral) loves you, he will follow you to the Philippines. You really have long hair, Leah. I should use Creamsilk. #OTWOLFightforLove 

Notes

- "You really have long hair" or "Your hair's really long" is a Filipino slang expression to say a woman is really beautiful or is seen as a romantic-interest-magnet, when a guy does big things and grand gestures to romance her. In this case (I am only guessing, as there is no literal way to translate the intent), Leah's "hair is really long" because Clark went through all kinds of extremes to be with her. "Haba ng hair" is really appropriate for Leah because she has two men fighting over her. And personally, Leah's most "haba ng hair" moment was her prom. :) 

- Creamsilk is a conditioner brand. Nadine is a newly appointed brand ambassador.

2. After the airport scene, it became my vow, GIVE LEAH AND CLARK A HAPPY ENDING FOR ALL OF US WHO HAVE LOVED AND GOT HURT (from love). Awuw! 

Note - "Awuw" is just an expression.

3. Come on board! P50 (fifty pesos) per ride, handsome and beautiful driver and assistant. Wuw! (Fare) Padded??

Notes

- "Wuw" is just an expression, a new slang form, from "Wow."

- She said "(fare) padded??" because the minimum fare is only less than P10.00 (though with a longer distance, fares can go up to P50/ride). Fifty Philippine pesos (P50) is about USD1.10.

I feel really inadequate in translating all these, because there's the "acoustics" of it and the tone and the humor that somehow also still gets lost. I apologize for my meager effort.

Edited by hazelnutthursdays
More clarification
  • Like 2

So i watched the first few episodes and i am just a little curious. Leah had been with Jigs for a long time right? I dont know why but i can clearly see why Jigs is so ridiculously crazy for Leah but i just find it, a little unrealistic that as soon as they broke up her feelings for hm instantly vanished just like that. I think she cried only one time and then its done and she didnt even go through atleast 2 stages of break up, although i know that Jigs is such a douchebag but well,  she must have had some good times with him too judging from their graduation, birthday, etc photos and the fact that she stayed with him for 4 years and not to mention he is her first bf, she must have felt some kind of remorse even in just first 2-3 episodes. I mean, i dont expect her to cry or breakdown, just a few short reminiscing scenes in the first few episodes fresh from their breakup and gradually forgetting him, like she see's a burger or a scooter and randomly blurts out an old memory to Tita Jack or Clark like "you know, Jigs used to pick me up from work everyday in that motorcycle."  (Mace of That Thing Called Tadhana was more realistic though or maybe the writers didnt think that part is relevant at all)Actually, her moving on stage was too fast or she didnt really love him that much like how crazy she is with Clark now whom she's known for a shorter time. Well, i know that the length of time that two people are together isnt the most important, but im just not too convinced with her reaction to the breakup before Clark entered the picture. I mean, even the way she interacts with him, i cant feel any sense of familiarity that i expect to even unconsciously since i also have some friends who've broken up and as much as they despise or avoid each other, i can sense a certain connectio due to their previous relationship, i cant feel that with Leah's body language. For one, the writers made him into such a dislikeable person that i cannot see any reason why she even liked him in the first place. Hehe. Sorry guys, its just that i have noticed that from the beginning and i just feel like taking it out of my system. although, i do understand that each person is different so maybe its just me. Im speaking based on my own personal experience.

• Like 1

Let me just share this. Hehehe...

HAPPY MEMORY No. 5 :My husband

So i watched the first few episodes and i am just a little curious. Leah had been with Jigs for a long time right? I dont know why but i can clearly see why Jigs is so ridiculously crazy for Leah but i just find it, a little unrealistic that as soon as they broke up her feelings for hm instantly vanished just like that. I think she cried only one time and then its done and she didnt even go through atleast 2 stages of break up, although i know that Jigs is such a douchebag but well,  she must have had some good times with him too judging from their graduation, birthday, etc photos and the fact that she stayed with him for 4 years and not to mention he is her first bf, she must have felt some kind of remorse even in just first 2-3 episodes. I mean, i dont expect her to cry or breakdown, just a few short reminiscing scenes in the first few episodes fresh from their breakup and gradually forgetting him, like she see's a burger or a scooter and randomly blurts out an old memory to Tita Jack or Clark like "you know, Jigs used to pick me up from work everyday in that motorcycle."  (Mace of That Thing Called Tadhana was more realistic though or maybe the writers didnt think that part is relevant at all)Actually, her moving on stage was too fast or she didnt really love him that much like how crazy she is with Clark now whom she's known for a shorter time. Well, i know that the length of time that two people are together isnt the most important, but im just not too convinced with her reaction to the breakup before Clark entered the picture. I mean, even the way she interacts with him, i cant feel any sense of familiarity that i expect to even unconsciously since i also have some friends who've broken up and as much as they despise or avoid each other, i can sense a certain connectio due to their previous relationship, i cant feel that with Leah's body language. For one, the writers made him into such a dislikeable person that i cannot see any reason why she even liked him in the first place. Hehe. Sorry guys, its just that i have noticed that from the beginning and i just feel like taking it out of my system. although, i do understand that each person is different so maybe its just me. Im speaking based on my own personal experience.

Her love might have slowly vanished through time. Remember what Manang Tiffany said in the earlier episode? That they're in an on-off relationship for 4 years. Does she want that to continue?

She's the one wooing him whenever they fight. It might have exhausted her and made her feelings for him disappear through time.

She could have been exhausted in the relationship. There's a possibility that at the late stages of their relationship that she's with Jiggs out of pity. Of not having the love of a mother or something.

• Like 1

@hazelnutthursdays - Thank you, thank you, thank you for translating. You've done your best and I couldn't have asked for more. I saw Nadine was the newest addition to the Creamsilk team & rightly so, she seriously is hair goals (even the simple ponytails she's been sporting, look really good on her !). I honestly find myself getting distracted by how good James or Nadine looks in a particular scene lol. Direk Tonette is too cute, yay ! to happy endings.

@colcolyn1985_stv - I agree with @xiashenghan. I never got the impression that Leah was as invested in their relationship as Jiggs was, the ultimate clincher was when he made her choose between her dream or him and she wasn't here for any of that. Whatever lingering feelings she had, was dismissed after she made her choice, she came to terms with it all on her own and put it aside. When Jiggs came back into the picture, the thing that struck me was when Leah was upset over being ambushed and how Jiggs treated her like an object/possession, I get a strong feeling this might've been a common occurrence back when they had dated. All I know is she's never going to fall in love with another guy after being with Clark lol. 

- BTS pics, it's taping day (apparently they shoot on Mon/Wed/Fri)

- I wonder if they're going to realize they've met each other back when they were younger.

- I hadn't realised from the preview that Mang Sol found out about Leah getting married lol. I'm sounding repetitive but I'm so excited for them to return. This time around it's Leah's home turf, seeing Clark having to navigate the Philippines is going to be so much fun !!. I'm hoping to see them bond with the others siblings especially Clark & Tiffany/ Leah & Jenny (cause she was the most excited when she heard about them the first time)

- I have to give the makers of the show a round of applause because I was gearing up for this week to be completely depressing but they pulled a quick one on me with that preview and now the States chapter is closed (for now at least). Were starting back at 0 but at the same time were not, if that makes sense. I like the idea of Clark having to court Leah the right way, because their relationship did start off as fake and turned into real. Now with Mang Sol knowing the truth, his going to know that all those times he talked to Leah and her being sad has a connection with Clark lol. (I adore Joel Torre so I'm even more hyped to see more of him in the show)

Xiashenghan, you must be right. She couldve gotten tired of him and there's nothing wrong with that coz each one handles relationship differently. I was talking about this with my best friend who was in an on and off relationship with 2 guys being the first to last 2 years and the second is 3 years and counting since they are still in that stage and each time they broke up, she was so devastated. It became monotonous but she got so used to it that the last time they broke up she got so upset and broke up with him, spent a year moving on and despite gaining composure, it hurt her everytime and remarked how easy it was for Leah's character to forget Jigs. I was also in a similar situation that time too so i wondered. I also felt bad for Tita Jack coz i can see how much she genuinely cares for everyone, but of course Jigs is her son after all and she was just quite shocked coz she didnt see it coming. But when she didnt openly blame Clark and Leah although she did give her the cold shoulder which is expected. and i loved how she comforted her when she found her crying. I knew then that Tita Jack was never meant, and never will be a villain and that someday, she will find it in her heart to accept them someday.

• Like 1

Hello @xiashenghan @colcolyn1958_stv - I don't know if I'm reading this right, but I'm guessing that there is a considerable time passage between the break-up (that wasn't a break-up in Jigs' mind only) and Leah's departure for the US. I'm thinking we just weren't shown the details of it, but she was getting ready to leave for the long term, even on a tourist visa. There's a wealth of preparation going on in that (which also makes me think how this clues us in on Leah's and now Clark's affairs in the US are sort of put on hold now that they're moving to the Philippines) and she may be distracted with all the planning. Besides that, and what you have already offered - that she doesn't really love Jigs anymore, there was the choir competition, too and we have always known that finding her mother was forever at the back of her head. In San Francisco, Leah was always working and she had very tiring jobs. All that made for her to be able to quickly get over Jigs. When Jigs came to the US and surprised them, by then, Leah already has feelings for Clark so whatever memories she has of Jigs and their good times together would have faded and amount to nothing in her present. It could also be that Leah had those moments reminiscing about Jigs and her relationship with him, we just aren't shown it because it's not relevant to the storytelling? I don't know. I'm just guessing.

Re: Jigs - I don't mean to defend him but I had an epiphany about him during that confrontation on ep. 41. He's still annoying as *#$K and I still don't agree with his actions and way of thinking, but I finally understood where he's coming from when he called Clark a liar as he threw those punches. He only found out about Leah and Clark that way - to see them kissing passionately in the dark. There's the bro code, you know, even if they're not exactly bros or have any type of close relationship. They had a gentlemen's agreement, in the form of Clark's promise to him. And even if he had an inkling or suspected that there was something between his cousin and his ex-girlfriend, for the truth to--well (bad pun) punch him in the face with a confirmation is bound to rush the blood to his head. I'm not saying I'm growing sympathetic towards Jigs, nor had I been ever, but I'm just saying I understood him at this particular moment.

I like that the show just shows circumstances, and how right and wrong are sometimes, as Leah's friend Monette says, a matter of perspective. 

That all said, I leave with this thought: That door is a character of itself. :D I'm a fan. Who's with me?

• Like 3

@hazelnutthursdays - Totally agree !. As much as I hate the character, the way he found out about Clark & Leah it's like I don't blame the guy for being so hot headed. I can't even begin to imagine if I saw my own cousin/sister making out with my ex-boyfriend (especially if I still had feelings for him), I'd feel so betrayed. At the same time Jigs is in need of intervention right now with the way he deals with his feelings, I really need the show to work on that and have his story arc be about him developing as a person in order for me to even remotely warm up to the guy. I so badly want him to have healthy relationships with all the people in his life, stop competing with Clark because it's not getting him anywhere.

Question : As of now are Leah & Clark officially separated ?. (I don't mean divorced, as in they've broken up)

It really bugged me that she left without saying a word, at least leave a note for him.

Guest bewitch05

I hardly wait to see this scene

Hahahahahahaha! I am getting giddy to see this! Laugh mode then in a blink serious mode in an instant!

Hello @xiashenghan @colcolyn1958_stv - I don't know if I'm reading this right, but I'm guessing that there is a considerable time passage between the break-up (that wasn't a break-up in Jigs' mind only) and Leah's departure for the US. I'm thinking we just weren't shown the details of it, but she was getting ready to leave for the long term, even on a tourist visa. There's a wealth of preparation going on in that (which also makes me think how this clues us in on Leah's and now Clark's affairs in the US are sort of put on hold now that they're moving to the Philippines) and she may be distracted with all the planning. Besides that, and what you have already offered - that she doesn't really love Jigs anymore, there was the choir competition, too and we have always known that finding her mother was forever at the back of her head. In San Francisco, Leah was always working and she had very tiring jobs. All that made for her to be able to quickly get over Jigs. When Jigs came to the US and surprised them, by then, Leah already has feelings for Clark so whatever memories she has of Jigs and their good times together would have faded and amount to nothing in her present. It could also be that Leah had those moments reminiscing about Jigs and her relationship with him, we just aren't shown it because it's not relevant to the storytelling? I don't know. I'm just guessing.

Re: Jigs - I don't mean to defend him but I had an epiphany about him during that confrontation on ep. 41. He's still annoying as *#$K and I still don't agree with his actions and way of thinking, but I finally understood where he's coming from when he called Clark a liar as he threw those punches. He only found out about Leah and Clark that way - to see them kissing passionately in the dark. There's the bro code, you know, even if they're not exactly bros or have any type of close relationship. They had a gentlemen's agreement, in the form of Clark's promise to him. And even if he had an inkling or suspected that there was something between his cousin and his ex-girlfriend, for the truth to--well (bad pun) punch him in the face with a confirmation is bound to rush the blood to his head. I'm not saying I'm growing sympathetic towards Jigs, nor had I been ever, but I'm just saying I understood him at this particular moment.

I like that the show just shows circumstances, and how right and wrong are sometimes, as Leah's friend Monette says, a matter of perspective. 

That all said, I leave with this thought: That door is a character of itself. :D I'm a fan. Who's with me?

I'm with you @hazelnutthursdays I kind of understand how he feels in that episode. For him this is a total breaking of the Bro Code as you say! And besides he asks Clark if there is something going on between them and he Denied it. So seeing him kissing the girl that he love very passionately is some kind of Irritating, so he went and punch him at the face. But I am still rooting for Clark and Leah to be together again! :D

@hazelnutthursdays I agree with you in a lot of sense and I totally get where you are coming from! I'm a Fan too!:D

Guest bewitch05

@colcolyn1958_stv I can relate to Leah's past relationship circumstances. I won't say she totally move on that fast. I have that kind of relationship on my very past bf before I met my hubby. On and Off for five years, that was exhausting I tell you.

At first Let's say Leah love jigs and at the same time pitied him. So she accepted his feeling that he called love. But in reality the love that Leah feels is out of pity not real love. Knowing him for 4 years, she knows this person is at lost and she was trying to change him. Every single fight she was the one to do the first move to mend their falling status. So I might say by the third year, Leah's feelings are starting to change into something as guilt. She can't let him go because she thought that it will bring him another round of pain (First is from his past. Mother/son issues), so she tries to appease him in keeping the relationship. But at the fourth year, when the American Dream kicks in, and Jigs pull a very immature tantrums over her girlfriend, that was when Leah put her foot down. Besides it's his fault, He was the first one who says, If Leah set a Foot on that Airplane (not realizing that she is still a big part of the choir competition) they are done. So Leah did the right thing.

About her feelings it can mend, she was too busy and the family problems kicks in one after another, she start thinking rationally and clearly. Putting her family at top priority. Then the tough time came and she realize there is a person beside her, helping her, comforting her and fighting and supporting  her thru everything she is going into. Then her heart speaks up.

Leah is a kind of person who thinks before she feels. She put her head first and then decide with her brain not with her heart. But when I saw her as a woman in-love with a person, for the first time I saw her use her heart over mind.

I might say the degrees of breaking up and moving on varies on how high is the degree of that persons love for another.

Leah and Jigs relationship are in the middle. One is obsess to have somebody with her, for a trophy or for comfort. The other longing to change him and put a sense to his stubborn thick head, and maybe with a lot of pity feelings. This is not what real love is. This is a love out of motivation. One passing this kind of love can move on easily by distractions and by a new love.

On the other hand, Leah and Clark's relationship is at low at first and then it hit high. Started as just a deal, then passing thru friends zone, then evolving little by little. That I might call true love. Why? Because one should start to pick broken pieces to built a new one. They are helping each other to move thru life. They tried to understand the weak point of each other and they try to mend what is broken. They tried to built a new chapter at each lives. That love is not greedy. It doesn't take everything from one another, it gives something to each other.

I felt that, when we broke up I feel losing myself with distraction, then I find myself starting over again. Then that person came. Trust me love is something like Leah says, "Love is a rosary, full of mystery.":wub:;):D 

Preview for tonight's episode :-

- I retract my previous statement, she did leave a note !! lol.

@colcolyn1958_stv I can relate to Leah's past relationship circumstances. I won't say she totally move on that fast. I have that kind of relationship on my very past bf before I met my hubby. On and Off for five years, that was exhausting I tell you.

At first Let's say Leah love jigs and at the same time pitied him. So she accepted his feeling that he called love. But in reality the love that Leah feels is out of pity not real love. Knowing him for 4 years, she knows this person is at lost and she was trying to change him. Every single fight she was the one to do the first move to mend their falling status. So I might say by the third year, Leah's feelings are starting to change into something as guilt. She can't let him go because she thought that it will bring him another round of pain (First is from his past. Mother/son issues), so she tries to appease him in keeping the relationship. But at the fourth year, when the American Dream kicks in, and Jigs pull a very immature tantrums over her girlfriend, that was when Leah put her foot down. Besides it's his fault, He was the first one who says, If Leah set a Foot on that Airplane (not realizing that she is still a big part of the choir competition) they are done. So Leah did the right thing.

About her feelings it can mend, she was too busy and the family problems kicks in one after another, she start thinking rationally and clearly. Putting her family at top priority. Then the tough time came and she realize there is a person beside her, helping her, comforting her and fighting and supporting  her thru everything she is going into. Then her heart speaks up.

Leah is a kind of person who thinks before she feels. She put her head first and then decide with her brain not with her heart. But when I saw her as a woman in-love with a person, for the first time I saw her use her heart over mind.

I might say the degrees of breaking up and moving on varies on how high is the degree of that persons love for another.

Leah and Jigs relationship are in the middle. One is obsess to have somebody with her, for a trophy or for comfort. The other longing to change him and put a sense to his stubborn thick head, and maybe with a lot of pity feelings. This is not what real love is. This is a love out of motivation. One passing this kind of love can move on easily by distractions and by a new love.

On the other hand, Leah and Clark's relationship is at low at first and then it hit high. Started as just a deal, then passing thru friends zone, then evolving little by little. That I might call true love. Why? Because one should start to pick broken pieces to built a new one. They are helping each other to move thru life. They tried to understand the weak point of each other and they try to mend what is broken. They tried to built a new chapter at each lives. That love is not greedy. It doesn't take everything from one another, it gives something to each other.

I felt that, when we broke up I feel losing myself with distraction, then I find myself starting over again. Then that person came. Trust me love is something like Leah says, "Love is a rosary, full of mystery.":wub:;):D 

I absolutely love this, especially the highlighted parts ! Nothing to add, just felt like I needed to quote it lol.

So am I to assume we won't be hearing Erik Santos - Say You'll Never Go once Clark goes to the Philippines ?

Erik's latest IG update :

More BTS pics :-

- I know I shouldn't but I have high hopes that the second female lead won't be as detestable as Jigs, I'd really love for to be similar to Clark's personality but with Leah's sass lol.

- One thing I appreciate is we actually see our leads working lol. I swear the amount of drama's we see where people have way too much time on their hands despite being CEO's of companies etc. lol