[Philippine Drama 2015 - 2016] On the Wings of Love

xiashenghan

@xiashenghan did you noticed somewhere in teasers and shorts videos scene when they both lying down, not on the bed more like floor, he has shirt like this one from last ep and she has darker blue man shirt and they slowly turns to each other, it could be today after she comes to her senses :P

@jafstar so if he'll not let himself to break those bonds easyly you mean they won't kiss??? We'll wait till everything will be clear??? Oh noooooooo :sweatingbullets: ;) 

Oooh! I didn't see; you're really addicted, checking that out so carefully!!! Hahah, just teasing!

Narratively, a second kiss just doesn't seem to make sense; she's drunk, he didn't seem to be, but if he was under the influence, then perhaps a kiss could happen. (I want! Believe me! I want!) I just can't see Clark giving in just yet when he's told Cullen, 'it's not gonna happen'; "Dude, she's my cousin's ex", plus with his and Leah's ideas about family, putting family first...a real kiss with love and passion, not yet. I'm being a party pooper, eh? Lol. I hope I wrong though. Hahah.

• Like 1

@xiashenghan did you noticed somewhere in teasers and shorts videos scene when they both lying down, not on the bed more like floor, he has shirt like this one from last ep and she has darker blue man shirt and they slowly turns to each other, it could be today after she comes to her senses :P

@jafstar so if he'll not let himself to break those bonds easyly you mean they won't kiss??? We'll wait till everything will be clear??? Oh noooooooo :sweatingbullets: ;) 

Ah that one. Isn't it the one in one of the episodes wgere she was cleaning the whole building. I think that was episode 4.

Edited by xiashenghan
  • Like 1

Hi girls dropping by to share my sentiments...

since these couple of episodes had focused much on the side characters i'll talk about them...

so feel free to skip this if your not interested teeehheee :)

seriously Jigs is getting on my nerves.. I'm normally not annoyed by antagonists coz that's the main purpose of their character but this time its just different.. maybe I'm just affected personally by how he treats his mother, coz respecting elderly and parents is a big deal to me.. and as for the character itself its kinda written in an exaggerated way... Aint they noticed that he always is angry? i mean in every effing second of his entire screen time!!.. just saying, but if they want the viewers to be somehow be still interested in watching him and have fair sympathy towards his POV they must make it more realistic like giving him a calm scene sometimes too perhaps? , half of my friends and relatives have an OFW parents, yes they have sentiments like that too but never did I witness a face to face being rude and shouting at their parents like everytime? that's a little bit too much.. coz rather than  delivering the message to the viewers they are destroying the interest of even watching it (

just imagine how an OFW who watches this feels towards their children left here now)

Tiffany honestly i know most of you dont even care about her but for me she has the biggest problem amongst all the characters...she is carrying a burden of keeping very big secrets from her father and Leah but still doesn't fail to support both of them in the same manner... she's the epitome of "Huwarang Ate"(noble sister).. 

and Tita Jack.. oh dear she affects me the greatest! ever since the beginning her character is very lovable.. well i'm still torn about her being in the middle of the OTPs relationship or will accept and support them when she sees that they are really in love with each other.. but since its Fil teleserye then I'm swaying more on the first option but who knows the writer had kept surprising us and had already deviated many times from the said cliches.

ok the sick cuddling in bed is finally tomorrow.. kyaaahhh!!! :w00t:

• Like 2

@jafstar & @xiashenghan ...not just one...but 2 my party breakera ;)

Well it will pass a lot  till Clark will admit to Cullen he has feelings for her...but his friend is not blind :)

Now i'll go and see if todays ep is somewhere available...write to you soon...any doubts? ;)

• Like 1

I just watched the episode tonight and what can I say? Leah is starting to really notice Clark. From staring at his lips to dreaming about him. Hahaha!!!

I love that dream scene when she asked what's for breakfast. Dang it! Sexy Clark!

She's hangover and he's sick. @ranxie you're right chingu! It will be tomorrow! Kyaaaa~!!!! :wub: I can't wait for that!

@zagigirl Your speculations of Leah throwing up on Clark did happen! I'm disappointed that they didn't kiss but so does Clark. Hahaha!!! But no worries something sweet will happen tomorrow so it will compensate for that kiss.

Did I hear it right? Did she asked Clark "You also like me?" Like she's admitting to Clark that she likes him? Aaaah!!! I love drunk Leah. Haha!!! She really blurts everything she's hiding.

• Like 2

Hey guys! Im new here. I just wanna let you know that i am a big fan of the show as well and i am a filipino so if you have any questions and concerns, feel free to ask! I really want to exchange ideas with you guys and its nice to know there are international viewers who are starting to like this show too.

Edited by colcolyn1958_stv
  • Like 3

Hey guys! Im new here. I just wanna let you know that i am a big fan of the show as well and i am a filipino so if you have any questions and concerns, feel free to ask! I really want to exchange ideas with you guys and its nice to know there are international viewers are starting to like this show too.

Hi welcome! We're happy to have you here. I may call upon you to translate certain scenes...mainly of Clark & Leah. Lol. Love disecting the scenes apart, so share what you will. 

@xiashenghan Oh wow, I have a new found appreciation for aprons now. :wub: I think we're all bummed there was no kiss. And her staring at his lips, after the kiss. lol I pictured her slurping on her straw again, staring...staring...And I loved how she was so disturbed by the kiss that it drove her to drink! Hubby Clark has a secret power. Whew!

@zagigirl You called it! But he was leaning in!!! Be still my heart. :D  Leah is breaking the walls of Clark's heart, and I love seeing this progression. How much did you love seeing him care for her, even gently putting her on the bed?

@ranxie I agree with you; I'd like to see Jiggs less angry and more respectful. Maybe his eyes will be opened if he gets to the U.S. & sees how much hard work his Mom does for him. I can't stand how demanding he is towards Leah. So possessive! You broke up. Get over it. And him throwing stuff all the time; makes me concerned if he could get violent towards her. 

And Tiffany: she's pretty strong character, and good stable mentor for Leah. I love her and Tolights' (sp?) blossoming relationship. 

Yes! We're addicted to OTWOL and Clark is getting addicted to Leah's lips! Hahah. Hopefully we'll get another tipsy scene...Great fun

Well, not sure how much I'll be on the forum this week; tonight I'm going away on vacation. Ummm. Forgive me, but anyone wishing to share spoilers, pictures? :tears: I'd greatly appreciate since I probably won't be able to stream videos. What's an OTWOL addict going to do?But family comes first, neh? :D Enjoy the rest of the week!!

• Like 3

@jafstar i'd be glad to translate some of their conversations.  just curious. How did u guys know about OTWOL and which site do you watch the episodes? I think it would help a lot if for example dramacool would squeeze the 5 episodes into just 1, dont u think so? Since each episode only lasts for 20-25 minutes i think that would be more convenient knowing that an 80 episode drama most likely be a major turn off for international viewers who are used to the 1 hour kdrama format since they have no idea that it just takes 25 minutes to finish an ep and an 80 ep drama could be compressed into just 20-25 episode. that's mostly the comment i read from foreign viewers about Pdrama so i hope that sites like dramacool can do something about it. And ABS please dont take down the videos yet. Not until it has received recognition from other countries that people would be willing to pay to watch them on tfc. I saw that Viki uploaded ep 1 and 2 but the videos were unavailable. Why?? 

Edited by colcolyn1958_stv
  • Like 2

@colcolyn1958_stv

This is a sad moment for me because I seriously cannot remember where I first saw it. Lol. It was most likely Dramacool. I know I watched the first week entirely subbed and I was hooked. And truthfully, I don't mind it less than a half hour each day. With my busy schedule, a half hour show is packed with so much sugar, I am a happy addict! 

• Like 1

Wow i wish other people are as interested as  you are in OTWOL. I also recommend Be careful with my heart, my binondo girl, got to believe and forevermore. However, they are quite long and i dont think there are subbed episodes available online. :(:mellow:

Thanks for the suggestions; I'll check them out. I have seen parts of Forevermore but not watched in full. That pairing are pretty cute together as well. (Enrique Gil and I forget her name.) 

Guest engineeredbygod

:wub: I'm so hooked with this series. I'm always excited for the uploads of the series but whenever i check my twitter account, spoiler spoiler everywhere... but that's normal.. considering  Philippines is 5hrs ahead of us. But I still have this sweet smile on my face everytime leah and clark will have their scenes. I fall inlove more and more with their characters and oh boy, the look of clark towards leah was really melting! I even send a screen shot to my fiance, telling him how sweet this JaDine is. then  he told that's why your very sweet for the last few days, I was like,yeah guilty because the joy that clark and leah shows overflows towards me that's why I'm encourage and inspired with their cuteness :)

I hope my fiance will call me wifey after our october wedding :D

Well back to OTP, I wish that they will be honest with what they feel, and have the courage to tell honestly what they felt, because they can't hide their feelings forever. :D

Welcome to the thread, @engineeredbygod!

The way Clark looks at Leah is a recipe for major swooning on our end. I mean who wouldn't love to get looked at by that hottie. With full of love at that? I should look for a boyfriend like Clark. Hahaha!!! Major envy.

They really suit each other. Dang it. I don't really follow loveteams in the Philippines since I'm not really into it and they tend to be all over the place there but with this OTP I don't mind. Hahaha!!!

On the other note, I'll congratulate you ahead of your October wedding.

xiashenghan

Thank you my dear :)

This OTP went here in Doha last January, I was like on my yearly vacation that time. Too bad, I didn't have the chance to tour them around..

I hate to admit but I fell in love with the quirkiness of this love team. I even followed them in social medias.

I guess this is the #OTWLAfterEffect ! Anyways, I honestly forgot to check Yong Pal yesterday because I kept repeating yesterday the scene where Leah got drunk , sorry Leah I mean you got tipsy. :D

Hi girls dropping by to share my sentiments...

since these couple of episodes had focused much on the side characters i'll talk about them...

so feel free to skip this if your not interested teeehheee :)

Hidden Content

ok the sick cuddling in bed is finally tomorrow.. kyaaahhh!!! :w00t:

About Jigs being angry all the time, yes, it gets more and more irritating...we have Jigs growning up without mum and Clark without father then even without a mother...for both of them life was unfair...both made a choice, Clark choose to fight and Jigs to nagg...sad but its usually like that in life...no matter how life might be unfair that does not define your acts but personality someone really have...now even Leah left Jigs...i do not wish for it but i think he'll become even worse

I don't understand one thing...if aunt Jack is USA resident how come Jigs can't come?  

'Sick scene', yessssssss...tomm por fin :)

I just watched the episode tonight and what can I say? Leah is starting to really notice Clark. From staring at his lips to dreaming about him. Hahaha!!!

I love that dream scene when she asked what's for breakfast. Dang it! Sexy Clark!

@zagigirl Your speculations of Leah throwing up on Clark did happen! I'm disappointed that they didn't kiss but so does Clark. Hahaha!!! But no worries something sweet will happen tomorrow so it will compensate for that kiss.

Did I hear it right? Did she asked Clark "You also like me?" Like she's admitting to Clark that she likes him? Aaaah!!! I love drunk Leah. Haha!!! She really blurts everything she's hiding.

Naked chef dream was sooooooo yummy i agree...just as Clark is :wub:...how he offered himself...you have this and that...and...ME :wub:

Well its not ok to kiss her when shes drunk...but i wouldn't mind if they showed us them sleeping together with Leah all over Clark :P

I want to know too what she was talking to him...she mentioned kiss as he told it was just for show i guess...and she was asking for another one...@colcolyn1958_stv please help

Hey guys! Im new here. I just wanna let you know that i am a big fan of the show as well and i am a filipino so if you have any questions and concerns, feel free to ask! I really want to exchange ideas with you guys and its nice to know there are international viewers who are starting to like this show too.

Hi 2 you 2 :)...God himself sent you to us, big big no huge tnx to him...well, don't complaint later for using you to much, coz you asked for it ;) 

@zagigirl You called it! But he was leaning in!!! Be still my heart. :D  Leah is breaking the walls of Clark's heart, and I love seeing this progression. How much did you love seeing him care for her, even gently putting her on the bed?

Well, not sure how much I'll be on the forum this week; tonight I'm going away on vacation. Ummm. Forgive me, but anyone wishing to share spoilers, pictures? :tears: I'd greatly appreciate since I probably won't be able to stream videos. What's an OTWOL addict going to do?But family comes first, neh? :D Enjoy the rest of the week!!

Do you remember our talk yesterday about breaking the bonds, putting family in the first place? He would forget all very fast and he would kiss her if she didn't do what she did :)

I liked it very much and i liked how Leah was worried about him as well when she noticed something wrong with him :wub:

We'll miss you and try to keep you up to date don't worry...and have a good time 

@jafstar i'd be glad to translate some of their conversations.  just curious. How did u guys know about OTWOL and which site do you watch the episodes? I think it would help a lot if for example dramacool would squeeze the 5 episodes into just 1, dont u think so? Since each episode only lasts for 20-25 minutes i think that would be more convenient knowing that an 80 episode drama most likely be a major turn off for international viewers who are used to the 1 hour kdrama format since they have no idea that it just takes 25 minutes to finish an ep and an 80 ep drama could be compressed into just 20-25 episode. that's mostly the comment i read from foreign viewers about Pdrama so i hope that sites like dramacool can do something about it. And ABS please dont take down the videos yet. Not until it has received recognition from other countries that people would be willing to pay to watch them on tfc. I saw that Viki uploaded ep 1 and 2 but the videos were unavailable. Why?? 

I first watched Even if you go away from me on viki by pure chance, i liked it very much, Janine & Jake will remain for me very very dear OTP, and their kiss scenes as well ;)...and then searching for another subbed filipino drama bumped somehow into OTWOL...lucky me :)

'Squeeze' sounds great and i would prefer 50-60 min per ep but i think that viewers should adjust ...i'm from Europe and i've been watching many dramas, i don't pick countries and don't mind from which part of the world it comes from as long as its a good one...sometimes it takes time to get used to sound of language but for me it doesn't last long...its funny but i like to listen more all asian languages then scandinavian (europa) ones...back to eps,  for me it can stay the way drama originally is, i just want more dramas to be subbed and uploaded so i can watch

I see 2 fan chanels for this on viki...on one there're 3 eps and i can see them but only the 3rd is subbed and 2nd has 7 eps but is labeled as private...i don't know why is unavailable for you...i think they have to clean a bit this mess

P.S. Since Leah couldn't fine her mothers grave, it was a good idea from that old man to try to find death certificate...i think she won't be able to find that too...wonder what really happend with mother

• Like 1

Naked chef dream was sooooooo yummy i agree...just as Clark is :wub:...how he offered himself...you have this and that...and...ME :wub:

Well its not ok to kiss her when shes drunk...but i wouldn't mind if they showed us them sleeping together with Leah all over Clark :P

I want to know too what she was talking to him...she mentioned kiss as he told it was just for show i guess...and she was asking for another one...@colcolyn1958_stv please help

I first watched Even if you go away from me on viki by pure chance, i liked it very much, Janine & Jake will remain for me very very dear OTP, and their kiss scenes as well ;)...and then searching for another subbed filipino drama bumped somehow into OTWOL...lucky me :)

'Squeeze' sounds great and i would prefer 50-60 min per ep but i think that viewers should adjust ...i'm from Europe and i've been watching many dramas, i don't pick countries and don't mind from which part of the world it comes from as long as its a good one...sometimes it takes time to get used to sound of language but for me it doesn't last long...its funny but i like to listen more all asian languages then scandinavian (europa) ones...back to eps,  for me it can stay the way drama originally is, i just want more dramas to be subbed and uploaded so i can watch

I see 2 fan chanels for this on viki...on one there're 3 eps and i can see them but only the 3rd is subbed and 2nd has 7 eps but is labeled as private...i don't know why is unavailable for you...i think they have to clean a bit this mess

P.S. Since Leah couldn't fine her mothers grave, it was a good idea from that old man to try to find death certificate...i think she won't be able to find that too...wonder what really happend with mother

Ooohhhh, I was really surprised to find a thread for "On the Wings of Love" here but very happy about it. :) 

@zagigirl - Leah was asking for another kiss. But before that, they had a short conversation about Leah being envious of the couple who just got married again to celebrate their 25th year. She told Clark she was very envious of them, and she was wondering when she and Clark would become like that. Clark threw the question back at her, "What do you think?" She said, "It depends." She said it depends on whether she falls in love with Clark. She was saying matter of factly that he kissed her because HE is already in love with her. He said it was for show. Leah dared him and said, "So if we kiss now, it still won't mean anything?" But she did end up throwing up at him. :) 

I think what the entire scene established, at least from my point of view, was that Leah, already feels Clark is starting to have feelings for her. She just doesn't assume out loud and maybe she does rather think it's inappropriate to bring it up. When sober. :D

• Like 2

Ooohhhh, I was really surprised to find a thread for "On the Wings of Love" here but very happy about it. :) 

@zagigirl - Leah was asking for another kiss. But before that, they had a short conversation about Leah being envious of the couple who just got married again to celebrate their 25th year. She told Clark she was very envious of them, and she was wondering when she and Clark would become like that. Clark threw the question back at her, "What do you think?" She said, "It depends." She said it depends on whether she falls in love with Clark. She was saying matter of factly that he kissed her because HE is already in love with her. He said it was for show. Leah dared him and said, "So if we kiss now, it still won't mean anything?" But she did end up throwing up at him. :) 

I think what the entire scene established, at least from my point of view, was that Leah, already feels Clark is starting to have feelings for her. She just doesn't assume out loud and maybe she does rather think it's inappropriate to bring it up. When sober. :D

I'm so happy you found us :)...well it may sound its just for selfish reasons ( kiss.gif for translation) but it's not ;)

Well...in that scene she was bold and different coz of alcohol...for what she said and done you might be right...but as she so far never showed she thinks or have a feeling that Clark is in love with her and after she was so confused about her reaction after kiss i think she just wanted to confirm Clark feels the same

I don't mind if they exchange a few kisses to establish right if it means something or not :wub:...and i think that for now both of them are focused more on their own new feelings and how to deal with it

How many hours more? 

• Like 1

Guest engineeredbygod

I can't wait for the next episode of OTWL, there's a teaser already but I saw a news which says something about james reid telling the press that it's more romantic scene and back hug.. :D I haven't seen the teaser though.. But just a heads up for all of us.

I can't wait to end my work shift and sleep for an hour and wake up to the next episode where clark baby is sick and wifey leah is nursing clary hubby :D

James, Nadine overwhelmed by success of 'On the Wings'~
09/02/2015 4:07 PM
ABS-CBNnews.com

MANILA – Almost one month since the pilot episode of “On the Wings of Love” aired on ABS-CBN, James Reid and Nadine Lustre still could not believe the success of their first television series has become.

Aside from their core of young fans, the primetime series is also attracting older viewers who are just as hooked to the love story of Clark (Reid) and Leah (Lustre).

“Hindi namin ito in-expect," Lustre said. "We are really grateful for that po kasi this is our first teleserye ever, so nakakatuwa. We are really thankful kasi maraming tumatangkilik, maraming nanonood, sinusubaybayan. We are also thankful to Dreamscape, ABS-CBN, Viva for giving us this project.”

Although this is their first full-length TV project together, Reid said they don't feel pressured on the set.

“It’s just fun and light. We are just having fun on the set. I think that’s why it’s so fun to watch. People go home after a long day at work to a light romantic-comedy,” he said.

Meanwhile, the two Kapamilya stars also shared how they pull off their “kilig” moments for the show.

“Siyempre kapag nasa eksena kami, love is what we feel. The characters are deeply in love, that’s what we feel,” Reid said.

As for Lustre, she said: “I guess medyo matagal na din po kasi kaming magka-work, more than a year. We are used to each other na rin. Of course, the character helps a lot.”

Reid and Lustre are already comfortable with each other that they no longer feel awkward every time they do kissing scenes. In fact, Reid shared that he and Lustre had to kiss seven times when they shot their wedding scene.

“Hindi na kami naiilang. We are kind of used to it na kasi marami na rin pong nagawa before,” Lustre said.

The two said their friendship in real life also helped them become at ease with each other.

As the love story of Leah and Clark unfolds, Reid said the viewers should watch for their scene at Napa Valley.

“Yung sa Napa Valley, [that’s my favorite]. Even me, I get kilig with that scene,” he said.

That scene is scheduled for airing next week.

In the latest episode of “On the Wings of Love,” Clark and Leah attend a friend's wedding. At the reception, they tell the other guests what they like about each other. The two then had to kiss after being teased by their friends -- their second such scene in the series.

The episode concludes with Leah excusing herself from the reception as she begins to question the feelings she is starting to have for Clark.

Directed by Antonette Jadaone and Jojo Saguin, "On the Wings of Love" airs every weeknights on ABS-CBN after "Pangako Sa 'Yo."

:wub::wub:

Edited by engineeredbygod

Guys, im sorry but i cant quote you yet since im new to this thread and its pretty interesting that you found it by accident. I think zigzag asked me about the conversation.

Which part do u mean? U mean after the kiss and they were both outside and Clark asked her "why nothing?". That part, Clark said something like "ah, about the kiss. I just had to do it..." and Lea interrupted with, "its okay. Its for the best so as not to make them suspicious about us."   

Another scene was when Clark was helping her walk since she was quite drunk and clark asked her "youre so drunk! How many bottles did u drink?" 
Lea:"1 and a half!!!" 
Clark:"You got drunk after drinking just that?"
Lea: "I am not drunk!! Just tipsy..." 
and then she leaned against a pole and started blurting out Lea: "they looked such a great couple. Im so envious. I wonder when THAT will happen to us."

Clark: "Do u want that?" (I cant exactly remember what Clark said)
Lea: "it depends.." 
Clark: "on what?"
Lea:  "If i fall in love with you." ...(this part i cant remember)... Lea:"admit it, you're inlove with me already, arent you?"
Clark: "What? No..(he denied it)"   Lea:"so even if we kissed now you wouldnt feel anything? You're just a coward coz you're starting to fall for me."  She was leaning in and so was he, but instead she puked on him!! Haha

I want to respond to all your replies regarding my question about how you found OTWOL but i cant. Guys! Please teach me how to multi quote! Haha. My first time joining a thread and i feel like an idiot! Haha

• Like 2

I can't wait for the next episode of OTWL, there's a teaser already but I saw a news which says something about james reid telling the press that it's more romantic scene and back hug.. :D I haven't seen the teaser though.. But just a heads up for all of us.

I can't wait to end my work shift and sleep for an hour and wake up to the next episode where clark baby is sick and wifey leah is nursing clary hubby :D

Me too...just a few hours more...and it will getting better and better next week :)

I want to respond to all your replies regarding my question about how you found OTWOL but i cant. Guys! Please teach me how to multi quote! Haha. My first time joining a thread and i feel like an idiot! Haha

I'm not new but still have problem with this stupid editor...don't know if i could explain it in short its multiquote, multiquote, multiquote and on the last post you want to quote you must press quote as well at the end ...i'll try to explain better when i got home from work later...for now you can quote one by one ;)

• Like 1

This will be in the future eps. Sorry for spoiling. Hehe. I've often wondered about this scene coz it looks so sweet and heartbreaking at the same time. I hope its not coz they're getting a divorce! they are both teary eyed here. The intimate way that Clark backhugs her without the hotdog pillow between them makes me think they are on a deeper level.

• Like 2