[Philippine Drama 2015 - 2016] On the Wings of Love

xiashenghan

DC has 20 episodes now.. i wonder how many episode already aired in pilipinas? 25?

i read your comments guys, i kinda fast forwarded the episode with manang and tatang, but especially jiggs, that dude is soooo selfish and annoying.. is he the 2nd male lead in this drama? i hope not.. oh.. i cant stand his selfishness toward his mom and leah..

i like the part when anne curtis came to the concert, i mean, manang is such a good daughter, leah too.. as a daughter myself, i thought i would do the same thing :(

21...DC downloaded last 5 eps on sathurday so we're just 1 ep behind for now...but this week eps we'll probably have to wait till weekend hope not longer  

Yeah Jigs acts like spoil brat and really do not deserve that Clark feel quilty coz of Leah or to leave her for him...i wish he change s little bit...hope some other cute girl comes along ;)

About being a good daughter...yes i really know what you mean

• Like 2

DC has 20 episodes now.. i wonder how many episode already aired in pilipinas? 25?

i read your comments guys, i kinda fast forwarded the episode with manang and tatang, but especially jiggs, that dude is soooo selfish and annoying.. is he the 2nd male lead in this drama? i hope not.. oh.. i cant stand his selfishness toward his mom and leah..

i like the part when anne curtis came to the concert, i mean, manang is such a good daughter, leah too.. as a daughter myself, i thought i would do the same thing :(

21...DC downloaded last 5 eps on sathurday so we're just 1 ep behind for now...but this week eps we'll probably have to wait till weekend hope not longer  

Yeah Jigs acts like spoil brat and really do not deserve that Clark feel quilty coz of Leah or to leave her for him...i wish he change s little bit...hope some other cute girl comes along ;)

About being a good daughter...yes i really know what you mean

21?! waaahh daebak.. the subber team is really something... they work really hard to share it with others :) so i will recommend this drama to many other people especially my friends since they rarely like southeast asia dramas.. they're more into korean, japanese or taiwanese :D

i hope the storyline won't be like that.. i mean, i cant accept clark leave leah for that reason.. i mean, it happened in many dramas but please not this one.. hehe..

and about her mom.. im super curious, i dont think she die either. perhaps amnesia or something... ah.. any clue?? ;) 

• Like 2

21?! waaahh daebak.. the subber team is really something... they work really hard to share it with others :) so i will recommend this drama to many other people especially my friends since they rarely like southeast asia dramas.. they're more into korean, japanese or taiwanese :D

i hope the storyline won't be like that.. i mean, i cant accept clark leave leah for that reason.. i mean, it happened in many dramas but please not this one.. hehe..

and about her mom.. im super curious, i dont think she die either. perhaps amnesia or something... ah.. any clue?? ;) 

Well...every each of these countries have some very good dramas...and a good thing with korean ones is that they're very fast subbed

If they plan to have over 100 eps i doubt there won't be separation...but i really don't mind your way ;)

What's bothers me with her mother is that someone did call them to tell her she's dead...so far it's obvious that was not an official call...and it was on purpose plan...i thought she was sick maybe but would she lived that long? If she got well wouldn't she called them later? If she got amnesia it would fit that shes missing not dead...hope she don't have another family by now

• Like 1

Well...every each of these countries have some very good dramas...and a good thing with korean ones is that they're very fast subbed

If they plan to have over 100 eps i doubt there won't be separation...but i really don't mind your way ;)

What's bothers me with her mother is that someone did call them to tell her she's dead...so far it's obvious that was not an official call...and it was on purpose plan...i thought she was sick maybe but would she lived that long? If she got well wouldn't she called them later? If she got amnesia it would fit that shes missing not dead...hope she don't have another family by now

ikr. 100 episodes.. wow.. i need to be patient until next year i guess, haha.. but separation, misunderstanding, hurt.. part of drama :sweatingbullets:

i think so. im afraid she has another family, then.. her fate and clark's are the same now.. i will feel so sad for her.. the possibility of her abandoned her family in philippines is quite low since she loves them, it what i got from ep 1. ah.. this story is getting nice, not only about our OTP but also the mystery of her mom, and his dad..

but, do you know where they film some scenes? i guess, some in San Fransisco.. but for scenes in apartment, hotel or their friends party, i think it's in pilipinas.. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

ikr. 100 episodes.. wow.. i need to be patient until next year i guess, haha.. but separation, misunderstanding, hurt.. part of drama :sweatingbullets:

i think so. im afraid she has another family, then.. her fate and clark's are the same now.. i will feel so sad for her.. the possibility of her abandoned her family in philippines is quite low since she loves them, it what i got from ep 1. ah.. this story is getting nice, not only about our OTP but also the mystery of her mom, and his dad..

but, do you know where they film some scenes? i guess, some in San Fransisco.. but for scenes in apartment, hotel or their friends party, i think it's in pilipinas.. :rolleyes:

Someone here said it will end in january...so do the math ;)...i would prefer with less eps and a bit faster

To be honest i don't understand that part where mom leaves children...maybe its ok for dad but not mom...is it a better life growing up with more money but without a parent? Jigs probably wouldn't be happier even if Jack was with him all the time but Leah would

I do wish they start to reveal more about her mother and involve Clark's father and good handsome brother more and less of Jigs :P

Yes indoor scenes seems to be from filipines

BTW...i so admire JaDine...they're soooooooooo young...22????...and behind them already a list of movies, albums, now a drama...woooooow...this days kids tend to be lazy and carefree till 30es...though i wish both of them find a time to study along... 

• Like 2

Someone here said it will end in january...so do the math ;)...i would prefer with less eps and a bit faster

To be honest i don't understand that part where mom leaves children...maybe its ok for dad but not mom...is it a better life growing up with more money but without a parent? Jigs probably wouldn't be happier even if Jack was with him all the time but Leah would

I do wish they start to reveal more about her mother and involve Clark's father and good handsome brother more and less of Jigs :P

Yes indoor scenes seems to be from filipines

BTW...i so admire JaDine...they're soooooooooo young...22????...and behind them already a list of movies, albums, now a drama...woooooow...this days kids tend to be lazy and carefree till 30es...though i wish both of them find a time to study along... 

yups, we still have a long way to go, fighting! yups, a lil faster and furious, haha.. with so many episodes, i hope it wont turn 'weird' like there's a doppelganger or amnesia thing :sweatingbullets:

but it happens also in other countries in southeast asia, where moms leave their children to work in other countries.. at first i also didnt understand why, but when i met some foreign workers when i traveled to HK, i asked one of them why not her hubby, but she said that it was better that way cuz his hubby already had a work there.. and for another one, both mom and dad worked in other countries, mom in HK and dad in Arab country, i forget.. im not fully understanding, but i think, in foreign countries, it's more easier for a woman to get a job, perhaps.. being a maid, or babysitter.. you know.. maybe.. :)

yups, young and  super talented.. i wont be surprised if they will have their own line clothing brand.. follow their igs, i can see that apart of them being friends or partner in work, they're totally in this business, i mean, they know that they get many JaDine lovers and they publish their 'friendly' relationship in igs so many people will love them even more.. they remind me of YaDech couple from Thai..

james is in the same age with my lil bro, haha.. kinda guilty to like this boy haha.. but he's so freaking handsome for god sake! :wub:

• Like 3

yups, young and  super talented.. i wont be surprised if they will have their own line clothing brand.. follow their igs, i can see that apart of them being friends or partner in work, they're totally in this business, i mean, they know that they get many JaDine lovers and they publish their 'friendly' relationship in igs so many people will love them even more.. they remind me of YaDech couple from Thai..

james is in the same age with my lil bro, haha.. kinda guilty to like this boy haha.. but he's so freaking handsome for god sake! :wub:

YaDech? Don't know them...or i just think i don't ;)

:P...little bother?...he's almost to young to be my son-in-low :vicx:...i didn't say a thing right? ;)

• Like 1

YaDech? Don't know them...or i just think i don't ;)

:P...little bother?...he's almost to young to be my son-in-low :vicx:...i didn't say a thing right? ;)

haha, they are Thai popular couple.. Nadech and Yaya, you can search them, if you want haha..

btw nadine is one year older than james? haha.. noona - dongsaeng love.. :D i really like them together.. i grin ear to ear everytime they start to lovey dovey.. :wub:

• Like 2

btw nadine is one year older than james? haha.. noona - dongsaeng love.. :D i really like them together.. i grin ear to ear everytime they start to lovey dovey.. :wub:

She's older? I saw on some wiki they both 1993, but he's born in May, and she October...so he's older a bit but she looks older and more mature...as all women do...i'm talking about being mature ;)

• Like 2

She's older? I saw on some wiki they both 1993, but he's born in May, and she October...so he's older a bit but she looks older and more mature...as all women do...i'm talking about being mature ;)

omo, my bad.. i thought she was born on 92.. lols.. my mistake :blink:

but yups, boys always be boys haha.. kidding

• Like 2

Thankyou @ranxie for the recap of yesterdays episode. God I love these two together !! It makes sense that Clark would fall for Leah first, his never allowed anyone into his world & then here comes along Leah who is gradually breaking down his walls bit by bit. Neither are at that stage of knowing their feelings and acting on it yet but the gradual progression is so much fun to watch !. I'm so glad that Clark opened up & told Leah about seeing his father, it was heartbreaking hearing his background story but it's also comforting to see him being able to share the latest encounter with someone. Which brings me to whenever these two do split, because no drama would be complete without a breakup lol, I feel the impact of it will have a more devastating effect on Clark cause at least Leah will have her own family or at least her sister to lean on. I agree the fight sequence was comical rather than serious, especially with the thug and his dialogues, I unknowingly started laughing & then realised I wasn't suppose to be lol. 

I love how domestic they are making breakfast/dinner, how they reassure each other, their cute little side glances & smiles.

- What's this business with the box & customs ??.

- The editing for the latest episode was a bit off, especially the last scene since we see Clark's arm already on her shoulder then cut to them front on & then he lifts his arm up lol.

Edited by KDIK

Just a quick check-in since I'm still on vacation but how was today's episode??? Anyone have a favorite scene? :) 

When those punks grabed her she called for Clark and after he arrived and ended first round of the fight Leah ran to him and huged him tightly :wub: 

thanks watched it already:))ha ha 

too short and theres not so much parts of them together..:(.

They were cute but i wish he showed a bit of fear for her being in such a dangerous situation...and after he told her about episode with dad she should of hug him...

They plan many eps and will drag a bit to much for my taste...i wish to see a bit of a progress between them in every ep...today they seem to me more like a friends then 2 people falling in love

But they're still cute and i adore them :)

It seems that their trip to Napa valley will start tomm...or they repeated half of week eps preview?...hope not

P.S. No comments on Tita Jack's sex orientation? ...or was it mentioned earlier but i missed it? I was suprised a bit

i skip all the parts of others in the family..i saw thats she is lesbo in the preview and i don't mind...it's not so much to surprise me she look manly
anyway i really like her she is a good actress..the best in this drama.

i agree with you about the progress of the drama and i'm a little disappointed that there is 100 episode,

don't want melodrama...i like more romantic comedy and the direction is a little off ..the both was very funny until 16 episode but then was turn to melodrama and a little sad from clark that is not smile anymore and sad all the time and he is very in love but he lost his spicy character
 don't know if i can manage 79 more episode...maybe 15 or 20...:))) ha ha do you?!

• Like 2

i agree with you about the progress of the drama and i'm a little disappointed that there is 100 episode,

don't want melodrama...i like more romantic comedy and the direction is a little off ..the both was very funny until 16 episode but then was turn to melodrama and a little sad from clark that is not smile anymore and sad all the time and he is very in love but he lost his spicy character
 don't know if i can manage 79 more episode...maybe 15 or 20...:))) ha ha do you?!

We'll see...it's ok to become a bit messier but i need them to be closer to keep the balance ;)...its to early to give up just yet...thats why we'll have a Napa Valley this week :wub:

• Like 1

JUst finished today's episode where they already went to Napa Valley. Gosh!! the feels... i cant contain it.:D but i have to control myself since tomorrow is the highlight of "most kilig night ever!" and i cant die yet! Haha.I also read somewhere that they are planning to take down the drama in sites like DC since its obviously affecting the ratings. Its starting to get lower coz more filipino people would rather watch the replay than to watch it on tv so the network is probably worried about the ads. If that happens, the only way to watch the eps online is thru tfc.com. :(

• Like 2

Thankyou @ranxie for the recap of yesterdays episode. God I love these two together !! It makes sense that Clark would fall for Leah first, his never allowed anyone into his world & then here comes along Leah who is gradually breaking down his walls bit by bit. Neither are at that stage of knowing their feelings and acting on it yet but the gradual progression is so much fun to watch !. I'm so glad that Clark opened up & told Leah about seeing his father, it was heartbreaking hearing his background story but it's also comforting to see him being able to share the latest encounter with someone. Which brings me to whenever these two do split, because no drama would be complete without a breakup lol, I feel the impact of it will have a more devastating effect on Clark cause at least Leah will have her own family or at least her sister to lean on. I agree the fight sequence was comical rather than serious, especially with the thug and his dialogues, I unknowingly started laughing & then realised I wasn't suppose to be lol. 

I love how domestic they are making breakfast/dinner, how they reassure each other, their cute little side glances & smiles.

- What's this business with the box & customs ??.

- The editing for the latest episode was a bit off, especially the last scene since we see Clark's arm already on her shoulder then cut to them front on & then he lifts his arm up lol.

two thumbs up for your review ryt there.. yeah a break up is 100% expected and since this is a Pdrama its gonna be one hell of a angsty ride... yeah i know Clark will surely break down pretty bad too since he'll have no one to lean on coz if He and Leah be for real Tita Jack will be mad at him too :( but UNLESS!! he and his father resolve their conflict before the break up happens OR who knows director Jadoane said this is meant to be just a light hearted romcom and just bring KILIG to every doorstep so they might not go to that plot afterall.

About the boxes the OFW send here, we call "Balikbayan Boxes", the custom just recently said they are going to open it for some thorough inspection for illegal drugs.. of course people got berserk on social media about this matter since just as Leah mentioned "it was their blood and sweat they poured just for them to buy those gifts" and Customs will just open it, so what is the guarantee now that none will be lost along the process, also the privacy is being breached... but just last week this has been resolved coz the secretary for Customs released an official statement that only suspicious boxes shall be opened.  

as for the editing i saw that too and i cringed upon realizing it... like wtf they cant even do that properly?? lol!!!!

JUst finished today's episode where they already went to Napa Valley. Gosh!! the feels... i cant contain it.:D but i have to control myself since tomorrow is the highlight of "most kilig night ever!" and i cant die yet! Haha.I also read somewhere that they are planning to take down the drama in sites like DC since its obviously affecting the ratings. Its starting to get lower coz more filipino people would rather watch the replay than to watch it on tv so the network is probably worried about the ads. If that happens, the only way to watch the eps online is thru tfc.com. :(

WTF!!!! THEY MUST BE KIDDING US RYT???!!!! well i'm sorry if those way too lengthy commercial pisses the viewers... gosh i cant believe this! they only care about their ratings what a selfish reason. 

• Like 2

NOOOOOO ! I really hope it doesn't come to that, although I understand where the channel is coming but from the tweets I read and you guys, there seem to be a lot of ads for a show that's only on for like 20 - 25 mins. I don't blame anyone who'd rather just wait for it to be uploaded online and watch it, rather than sit through more ad time than show time.

How does tfc even work ? Are you able to download the show or is it strictly only streaming ?

Woooow i so loved Clark today :wub:...he was making moves...he said to Cullen it is not love but everything he did later proved otherwise :)

Joke?!? Poor Clark, he couldn't hide disappointment...and she was sorry...can't  wait for tommm...now i wish i didn't see the previews

@ranxie tnx dear for recap

Edited by zagigirl
  • Like 2

EPISODE 22 RECAP

started with Gabby at the hospital calling Leah, he said to Leah that he's in the hospital awww this kid is so squishy!!!
Gabby gives the phone back to Tiffany and on their conversation Leah mentioned to her that she saw a girl that looks exactly like their mom and had a feeling it was really her. Manang said its just impossible  but Leah justified the possibility coz why cant she find their mom's grave but Manang retorted with "there's no reason why she didnt come back to them when she's alive."

Cullen and Clark scene at the washroom:
Cullen saw Clark's bruised hands while he was washing his hands, Cullen asked if its Leah's doing and Clark replied with "yes, it was her fault" and Cullen joked about them punching each other and making their relationship true but Clark said he just helped her when she nearly got robbed, but Cullen kept insisting he loves Leah already  but Clark denied it again by saying he just promised his cousin to take care of her, but Cullen being so insistent he still continued to tease Clark (Cullen is so freakin adorable!!!).. and that smile of Clark is divine!  this boy cant even hide his happiness anymore

Hospital scene,
Gabby was diagnose to have a dengue :( Mr. Sol said to use some of the money they have collected for his hospitalization but Manang didnt like it at first but Mr. Sol insisted since that situation is an emergency.

Leah on a nursing home reminiscing the past and what she saw later that day.. this line by her mother "Pag mahal ka, babalikan ka"(trans: If they love you, they'll go back to you/they'll return to you)  will be use on the next episode again

jack and jigs outside the House.. jack apologizing AGAIN for not telling Jigs about her identity and about his father... and Jigs is mad AGAIN!! (is there even a word that suits the repetitive and always mad state of Jigs? coz i'm kinda tired of saying "AGAIN" every time)

Leah and Manang talking on the phone: Napa Valley was the return add of their mother's letters
Leah asked for Gabby's test results but Manang once again told Leah that results aren't out yet (God this girl is such a martyr I'm aching for her T__T)
Manang cried after she put the phone down.. she's so worried for Gabby's condition and at same time her dad. good thing  Tolayts was there to console her (in fairness they are a canon)

Apartment, Clark just arrived, Leah looking at the map for Napa Valley.
He said that's so far from there its about two hours ride but she said she can manage it. Clark asking when she plans to leave and she said "now" but Clark stopped her and said to just go on the morning

Clark woke up and saw Leah not sleeping. He got up and went to her, asked why she is not sleeping. she said she cant sleep because she was thinking about the girl she saw, that if its really her mom why didn't she come back to them and started crying. Clark comforted her by saying that hopefully she'll find answers when she talks to her mother's employer.

Hospital:

Gabby asking if he is going to heaven already, tolayts lightened the mood
Mr. sol remembered his wife and talked about her taking care of them when they were sick blah-blah

Apartment next day: when Leah was still sleeping Clark called Cullen for a favor

Hospital: mr. sol and manang talking about her mother's death.. manang asked for some details of their mother's death but Mr. Sol knows nothing more than that letter from the friend.. so she said how can they make sure she isn't dead

JIg's house: friend of Clark brings him home, Jigs is super drunk.. Jack brings him inside (i love this friend of Jigs he is so funneeh!)

Apartment: Leah getting ready to leave and saw the sticky note (hala kiniilig si ate! but who wouldnt ryt?) that note is so sweet!!!

Jack tending to Jigs, Lola came in asking what happened, Tita Jack is crying coz she said in America he took care of a lot of people but its the first time she did this on her son T__T

Leah walking on the side of the street,  Clark arrives with the convertible
Convo:

L: OOHHH!! the car is handsome!

C: only the car?

L: hey! your feeling it again! Is it yours?

C: I borrowed it to Cullen. Jump in.

L: Jump in? WHy?

C: Because you might get lost again. I'm getting tired of always searching for you. that's why i'll accompany you.

L: And why are you always searching for me? huh?

C: Dont act cute! get in before i change my mind.

L: wow! Jebs is so kind.

ROAD TRIP SCENES

they are eating, *teaser scene*
Leah talking about this as her last lead since the one who gave the letter to them that tells their mom died is dead too. and clark said they'll talk to them.

convo:

L: Clark, Thank you for accompanying me. I cant do this alone.

C: Its cool. I'm happy too... when I'm with you.. aaiiigggoooo!!!

Leah with her drink and that slurping sound again. #InomPaMoreAte (drink more sister)

Jigs waking up, saw tita Jack sleeping next to his bed, and CONGRATULATIONS!!! JIGS IS CALM!!!!
Jack cooked him his fave dish.. Jigs talks about Leah again and him saying Tita Jack to just go back to America

Napa scene walking in the the grapevines, Clark said its his first time on Napa Valley too, he said he's looking forward to watching the sunset but Leah said they aren't there for a vacation.. and he said "its not such a bad thing to enjoy the scene along the way" and the friggin most awaited line "THE MORE I LOOK INTO SOMETHING, THE MORE BEAUTIFUL IT SEEMS" hala!!! kilig! WHO WOULDNT HAVE A SAME REACTION AS LEAH WHEN A GORGEOUS MAN SAID THAT TO YOU WHILE LOOKING INTENTLY AT YOU..

The lucky penny scene! aww clark so cute and sweet by insisting she take's it.
Convo on the teaser scene...  Leah realized what she said and added its just a joke! aww Clark obviously got pissed left her standing there :(

END.

OMG THE TEASER!!!

why does it look like they spent the night there? or the scenes weren't just arranged in a proper sequence?

Edited by ranxie
teaser added
  • Like 3

I don't think they'll spend the night there...they'll just go back late coz of the car...

Well...order of things might be: to break the hard feeling between them Clark starts to run teasing her who's faster, they run, he hugs her, attempt of a kiss, someone or something  interrupts them, they're on their way home, car brokes, Clark tries to fix the car, alone or with someone, Leah gets lost (again), she is happy to see Clark (again), hug (again ;)), kiss really happens, they're on their way home....in silence...they're in bed, quick deep look and both with quilt turns to the other side

Next? :)

• Like 3