Quantcast

[Philippine Drama 2015 - 2016] On the Wings of Love

i've seen yesterday until the last update episode without translation i think maybe 19 ep?
the scenes are beautiful but they have more family parts taking time without clarck so i hope they don't drag it's to much or make it melodrama because now i skip the family parts

it's suppose to be romantic comedy but if they drag it to much until jan it will be boring 

now the show is really great and the end it's the most important part...to remember if the end not good it's ruining everything

Yes i agree, her family takes more and more minutes...and her sister is great but it becomes boring , maybe if she has some interesting love story as well as Leah, i mean that guy is cute but the story is not enough interesting for me or some other plot...i ffwded their scenes for some eps now

I felt sorry for Clark today...first that hug, he so wanted to hug her and i don't know what she said but his reaction aftwds made me feel sad for him...and she is the problem they can't make those people believe that they're for real, Clark is doing just great, she's so stif...and when his dad told he don't know him...i wanted to kill him...ah Clark my poor baby...but thats why he's an angel :wub:...at least she said that...i hope i understood it right 

I wish they ended today ep before fight but after Clark finds Leah :(

It seems Napa will be next week :)

• Like 3
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leah Olivar (Nadine Lustre) is a young woman who wants nothing but to go to America so she can help her family. While Clark Medina (James Reid) is a young man living in America who wants to give his s

They're cute 

They say, "Love is like a bird." If you set it free, it will fly wherever it wants. While it's flying, it might find a new love. A new love that will join the flight. Low or high... Fast or slow...

Aiggooooo!!!! THE PREVIEW IS SO DAEBAK!!!! they really know how to bring excitement to people...

PD team is nailing it!!

official Teaser is not uploaded yet so this is just a rip..

that last part killed me!!! aaarrrggghhh!!! Its too cute I CAN NOT!!!! too much feels right now!!!

but i guess Napa Valley will just be shown around Thursday- Friday so yeah its still a long wait...

tumblr_nu3wcvvhLC1qlq7mro5_250.giftumblr_nu3wcvvhLC1qlq7mro6_250.gif

cr. fuckyeahkimmychiu.tumblr.com  for the gif

anyways seriously guys do you think the Kiss shown on the teaser is legit? I'm still 55% in doubt that its fraud or if they really do kiss someone will pull away immediately... coz with that sweet moment and everything who wouldn't make the relationship true right after it right? if they kiss for real then its already a manifestation of their true feelings and basing from the official teasers released before the drama even started there are still a lot of scenes that were not shown like fighting over the bed, Leah sees Clark cooking topless, 2nd interview of "who said i love you first?" (video link in the spoiler) and notice its a different house too.. also an Instagram update of one of the staff

with trans of "Director @Jadaone is Clark's talent enough to make him and Leah be for real already?" and they just actually shot this scene more than a week ago and we all know, that the one being shown in television as of the moment were shot last April or May(CLeah scenes only).. so these wont really make sense if they'll be for real after Napa Valley.. aaaiiissh just mentioning about that makes me think that ending of Napa Valley escapade would be them having an awkward moment nnnooooo!!!! wtf!! erase that :vicx::vicx::vicx::vicx:

but well yeah there's still a big chance I'm wrong though and the kiss would happen... like for real with all the intimate moves and stuffs... ahahaha!!! Looking forward to this episode.. twitter world will definitely explode

• Like 1

Thanks for answering my question @zagigirl & @ranxie. I'd give them at least 2 maybe 3 weeks ahead of schedule, well they must be fine if James x Nadine are able to fly over to London for that ASAP concert & the team not be worried over filming. Also the length of the show I've just read will potentially end in January, which makes this LONG ! lol. I don't know how much my heart can take each week from the overkill of feels. 

@ranxie - The previews that were shot in a different house, maybe were used just as teasers BUT I could be wrong, I don't know. So far from the BTS pics I've seen they've all been from that same one room apartment. Maybe they'll upgrade later but we'd need a good reason as to how though. As for Napa Valley, I'm the same 50/50 right now on whether the kiss will be real or not & what the repercussions will be from it.

One thing I do appreciate though is the setup of things before the next episode e.g. Clark beginning to get sick & now Cullen showing us his new car. I can't wait to see carefree Clark & Leah, it'll be nice to see them just be & not worry about having to provide for their families, working nonstop etc. 

Edited by KDIK

@zagigirl and kdik i think the teasers you saw were just promotional teasers they shot before they started filming. It happens a lot here in the Philippines and they usually reshoot it. GOSH!! I guess we are right! In the preview, Leah saw her mom that's why she was trying to follow her but she was lost in the crowd. What kind of mom would pretend she's dead and abandon her family?? Actually if this ends in January, it wouldnt be that long compared to other dramas. The director was interviewed and she was misquoted to say that OTWOL will run for only 3 months ending in November, but the Jadine fans and viewers went balistic and posting, tweeting to extend the program. I didmt know about all the fuss at first, but Direk Tonet calmed them down thru her tweet and another staff i guess. I think she meant filming will end in Nov but the show will finish January  2016 (the 2017 was my mistake sorry)since she has a movie to shoot for MMFF. DO U GUYS KNOW THAT THE INDOOS SCENES WERE ACTUALLY SHOT IN THE PHILIPPINES? i heard they had to make the most of their time to shoot out a lot of outdoor so those room scenes are more recent than the USA shots.

Edited by colcolyn1958_stv
  • Like 2

@zagigirl and kdik i think the teasers you saw were just promotional teasers they shot before they started filming. It happens a lot here in the Philippines and they usually reshoot it. GOSH!! I guess we are right! In the preview, Leah saw her mom that's why she was trying to follow her but she was lost in the crowd. What kind of mom would pretend she's dead and abandon her family?? Actually if this ends in January, it wouldnt be that long compared to other dramas. The director was interviewed and she was misquoted to say that OTWOL will run for only 3 months ending in November, but the Jadine fans and viewers went balistic and posting, tweeting to extend the program. I didmt know about all the fuss at first, but Direk Tonet calmed them down thru her tweet and another staff i guess. I think she meant filming will end in Nov but the show will finish January  2016 (the 2017 was my mistake sorry)since she has a movie to shoot for MMFF. DO U GUYS KNOW THAT THE INDOOS SCENES WERE ACTUALLY SHOT IN THE PHILIPPINES? i heard they had to make the most of their time to shoot out a lot of outdoor so those room scenes are more recent than the USA shots.

I thought so ! I was wondering which parts were filmed back in the Philippines but it makes sense the indoor scenes would be. I could only imagine the cost of production if they shot the whole show in San Francisco, plus the whole team would be away for quite sometime if they did stay in the States. I saw the fans commenting on IG telling them to extend the show, I thought 3 months was good actually since I want to see James & Nadine move onto other projects lol.

It'll break Leah if she finds out her Mum is alive and happily living overseas, then they both would have bad parents !!. I felt so bad for Clark when he came into contact with his dad again in the latest episode, despite everything he still craves his acknowledgment.

HOLY MY GOLY. Finally a thread in soompi. Yay!!! Havent back read the posts yet but thank you guys. This show needs all the love from Filipinos and abroad. :) I've been longing for a local drama like this and I'm very thankful someone finally made it. The plot is your usual kdrama cliche but contract marriages are my fave type of tropes so that was a plus for me. AAAAND don't get me started with the chemistry of the leads, they are literally fire whenever theyre both onscreen. :wub: I also love how they input some social issues here to which a lot of people can relate very much to. Kudos to the team and I'm praying to drama gods this won't be a trainwreck hereafter. 

Idk if i can share my thoughts on here regularly but def i'll be following this thread til the drama finishes. 

• Like 2
Guest somuchkawaii

About Jigs being angry all the time, yes, it gets more and more irritating...we have Jigs growning up without mum and Clark without father then even without a mother...for both of them life was unfair...both made a choice, Clark choose to fight and Jigs to nagg...sad but its usually like that in life...no matter how life might be unfair that does not define your acts but personality someone really have...now even Leah left Jigs...i do not wish for it but i think he'll become even worse

I don't understand one thing...if aunt Jack is USA resident how come Jigs can't come?  

'Sick scene', yessssssss...tomm por fin :)

to answer your question, even if your a US citizen you can't just easily get your relatives in there.. there are a lot of processing to be done and circumstances to be considered like for example, an evaluation of  assets and salaries if the petitioner if he/she could sustain the needs of the petitioned person, also Jigs is already of legal age so its harder to apply for that since he's no longer a minor... and the minimum years of processing is I guess 5 years and if you get rejected then back to zero again.

anyways i have posted this thread to my tumblr to invite more people to join the discussion :)

Hi everyone! Nice to meet you all. I am surprised there is a thread for OTWOL because it did not seem super popular in drama land. I follow a tumblr blogger that posts GIF's of her favorite shows and it looked so cute that I had to check it out. 

Jiggs always being angry and not giving up Leah is getting super annoying. I fast forward though his scenes and the sisters scenes. I'm just more interested in Clark / Leah scenes. I hate that the episodes are so short. and it takes like a week to see some real development between them. 

Its also super agonizing because I live in the states and dont speak tagalog and nobody is uploading them with English subs on torrents site till like a week - 2 weeks after the episode airs. Its very annoying. I've decided to just wait a few weeks till the torrents sites update. :tears:

Hi dearie welcome :) wiieee you're in tumblr too?? yeah i noticed it aint still that popular in there but its the first Pdrama that gets love from foreign countries while it still airs so i guess its still a major leap... I'll try to help as much as i can in subbing for the mean time here you go...

some Clark Leah Scenes of Ep 16-18 (turn the cc on for Eng Subs)

Hidden Content

OMG!!! todays episode is better and i actually was touched on Manang Tiffanny moment with the dad, Anne Curtis and the whole barangay lol!! AND WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DIED ON THAT TEASER ON WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN ON NAPA VALLEY!!!!!!!!!! kyyyaaaahhh!!!!:w00t::wub:

Translation:
Leah: Thank You for coming with me.
Clark: Well I'm happy too... when I'm with you. (this sentence is kinda hard to directly trans)
Leah: Oh My Lord!! Is this not an imagination?
Clark: What?
Leah: I thought this is just my imagina~....
*OMG le kiss!!!* will this be for real???

@Ranxie.... it was your tumblr,lol. I'm the anon poster who just made a tumblr and keeps hounding you for drama suggestions =). Thanks for the subs!

Episodes 16-19 has been uploaded in DC! That was fast! I hope they keep at it because even if I understand Tagalog, I still watch with English subs. When I watch it on TV sometimes I miss some of their dialogues because I get distracted with the two leads especially lately they keep on showing close up shots of their faces.  :D

• Like 1

i've seen yesterday until the last update episode without translation i think maybe 19 ep?
the scenes are beautiful but they have more family parts taking time without clarck so i hope they don't drag it's to much or make it melodrama because now i skip the family parts

it's suppose to be romantic comedy but if they drag it to much until jan it will be boring 

now the show is really great and the end it's the most important part...to remember if the end not good it's ruining everything

Yes i agree, her family takes more and more minutes...and her sister is great but it becomes boring , maybe if she has some interesting love story as well as Leah, i mean that guy is cute but the story is not enough interesting for me or some other plot...i ffwded their scenes for some eps now

I felt sorry for Clark today...first that hug, he so wanted to hug her and i don't know what she said but his reaction aftwds made me feel sad for him...and she is the problem they can't make those people believe that they're for real, Clark is doing just great, she's so stif...and when his dad told he don't know him...i wanted to kill him...ah Clark my poor baby...but thats why he's an angel :wub:...at least she said that...i hope i understood it right 

I wish they ended today ep before fight but after Clark finds Leah :(

It seems Napa will be next week :)

I feel the same way chingu
she is a little annoying and it's not realistic
...clarke is handsome angel s funny smart very romantic charming and have a great body just perfect!!!!!
....so you can't ask more and you really can't avoid attracted to him especially if you sleep in the same bad for so long!!!

They sleeping in the same bed for months you want to tell me she is not feeling any chemistry?!

so this is the drama they want to drag this but it's not real...if she just be more understanding to her feelings...she had a relationship so how she can't know what is love?
anyway  it still fun to watch can't weit for episode 21,  2 days to go!!!

Edited by JAN
  • Like 2

...clarke is handsome angel s funny smart very romantic charming and have a great body just perfect!!!!!
....so you can't ask more and you really can't avoid attracted to him especially if you sleep in the same bad for so long!!!

They sleeping in the same bed for months you want to tell me she is not feeling any chemistry?!

so this is the drama they want to drag this but it's not real...if she just be more understanding to her feelings...she had a relationship so how she can't know what is love?

Really...how can she?...sleeping with half naked hot guy and yet noting? :o Unbelievable!!! :P

We'll see this week....they have till friday to really wake her up...she did have same signs but not good enough so far...and i don't want her just thinking and talking about that, i want to see it twds Clark...i like Clark's progress very much...he looks at her more often...wants to touch her more often...not to mention smiles, on his face or pancakes :wub:

I hope they won't end fridays ep with scene they just about to kiss and the end ...well its a long way till friday so lets start with monday...please come faster...it would be great if i could wait hole week and watch all 5 subbed eps on sathurday right?

• Like 3

I think she is already starting to fall in love with him. Its just that she feels guilty of the situation between Jigs and Clark. She is naturally a very selfless person, she even said it before that she doesnt like hurting people and that she felt guilty for hurting Jigs and that's probably why she is trying to control herself. ALso, Tita Jack plays a big role in the conflict of emotions. She was there for her, she took care of her when she had nobody in the US and her one request "Anyone else is fine but not Clark.Dont fall in love with Clark." I think she wants to honor that promise considering she asked her that twice. She doesnt want to add more misunderstanding and bad blood between the cousins. Its more than just a (utang na loob)debt of gratitude towards Tita Jack, it involves ethical issues since in the Philippines there is this expression "tinuhog ang magpinsan/magkapatid" which ir difficult to tranrlate but has a very negative stance in the Phil. It somehow means you got involved with 2 guys from 1 family. Even Manang Tiffany used that term when she warned Lea of the repercussions. That's why she is avoiding to have physical contact with him to lessen the chemical reaction and not get carried away.

• Like 1

Really...how can she?...sleeping with half naked hot guy and yet noting? :o Unbelievable!!! :P

We'll see this week....they have till friday to really wake her up...she did have same signs but not good enough so far...and i don't want her just thinking and talking about that, i want to see it twds Clark...i like Clark's progress very much...he looks at her more often...wants to touch her more often...not to mention smiles, on his face or pancakes :wub:

I hope they won't end fridays ep with scene they just about to kiss and the end ...well its a long way till friday so lets start with monday...please come faster...it would be great if i could wait hole week and watch all 5 subbed eps on sathurday right?

i'm not going to wait until all 5 subbed eps , sorry!!!! tomarrow is the day of 7 ep1!!!!!!!yessss:)))))

• Like 3

i'm not going to wait until all 5 subbed eps , sorry!!!! tomarrow is the day of 7 ep1!!!!!!!yessss:)))))

Do watch dear...i'm gonna check it if you all get it right? ;)

11951964_481532172008106_278695017988370

They sleep like that all nights...and they never cross line?...never touch?...what a tidy sleepers ;)

Edited by zagigirl
  • Like 2

Just a quick check-in since I'm still on vacation but how was today's episode??? Anyone have a favorite scene? :) 

well episode for today is just so-so.. nothing major event happened and mainly focused on family problems..

RECAP OF EPISODE 21

1st scene: started off with Tita Jack coming to Jigs' room and explained to him that he was never a mistake she made before... but of course Jigs being a major and forever a selfish A*hole he asked for his father's identity instead... and Tita Jack narrated how she got preggy and Jigs' got mad AGAIN(what's new?) saying that since she has left him before too, she should just have left him with his father instead...  and he ends up walking away from Tita Jack AGAIN

Manang just came back from the hospital and Mr. Sol asking her to call Leah immediately coz he's hella worried... Leah picked up the phone but said she'll just call back and started running from the two goons but is cornered in an alley, and just like in the teaser Clark came on time to kick their sorry butts (but i honestly dont know why i was giggling during the fight scene, that Black man made me smile for his acting.. the way he said "YOU WANNA TAKE IT OFF THE STREET?" cracked me up!!!lol!!) Clark tried to talk things out but the man brought out a knife and threaten them more.. and he remembers the scene where he met his father and got pretty out of his mind and started punching the man non stop saying the "No one touches my wife!' line

Back to their apartment, said she'll treat Clark's wound but then Manang called again and Leah told her everything and she said not to tell their dad,

Jigs and Lola scene asking about his dad again.. and guess what his Lola revealed his father was a bigger A*hole too, so no wonder he is like that lol!!! anyways Jigs still insisted of meeting his father and blames Tita Jack AGAIN I really hate this kid now!

Apartment scene, Clark asking Leah if she's really Ok, and She said she was just scared and thank him for coming on time. She asked what happened to him back there and joked about him being qualified as a boxer for what he did. But she noticed Clark wasnt at ease and Clark suddenly said he saw his father again (woohhoo!! this man became so honest towards her now aigooo!!!) Leah comforted him saying that if he needs a friend, she is just there (explains the official #OTWOLImHere)

Jack, Lola scene more about parent- child relationship talks...

Tolayts and Manang doing laundry and cutie Gabby is sick :( Manang and Leah is talking thru Skype while Manang is giving sponge bath to Gabby.... Leah asked Manang to look for some old letters of their mother and tell her the return address and said she'll go there to ask...

THIS IS MY FAVE SCENE NOW!!!!!

Manang tells her to take care next time coz its also dangerous in there, so Leah said she's glad Clark came just on time.. so Manang teased her that she always mention Clark frequently and asked her if she has "something" for him already in which of course Leah denied.. but Manang said that she wont be surprised anymore if there will be something since Clark is really handsome and he looks kind afterall.  Leah admitted that and said he's "kind, gentlemen, helpful, brave, diligent.. but is annoying. He has everything, although he is always grumpy" and while she was saying those CLARK WOKE UP!!! clark heard all she said and Manang also saw from the background that Clark woke up, she tried to stop her but she kept talking.. aigoo Clark is all smiley face  while listening to her...  then when she stopped talking and saw her Manang point to Clark, Leah looked at him and he pretended to just have woken up(this is super cute), she ended the call and Leah asked if he was long awake but he said "no i just woke up" ... She cooked his favorite food  yay!

They were having breakfast and Leah brought up Clark's dad again but she said that even tho his dad doesn't want him there are still a lot of people that loves him... Clark said thanks and he actually praised her aww!! he said "You're nice intelligent girl" and She said "that's it? no other more?" and he replied "Ok... and cute." and back to their stolen smiley glances again.

Lola, Tita Jack and Jigs scene more about him being mad AGAIN TO THE INFINITY AND BEYOND to Tita Jack

This next scene proved that its recently filmed since its about Leah and Clark talking about a major issue that concerns our Customs now.. so i guess this is just a shout out or campaign against the said issue about packages being opened for inspection.

Leah and Clark on a park? they are watching some drum exhibitions and Clark put his arms around Leah again.. but his time Leah just let him do it, she even looked at him while smiling (kinilig si ate!) Clark said he'll just gonna grab something to eat and that's the moment Leah saw her mother, she tried to chase her but lost her, Clark saw her running around the street and asked where is she going. She told him she saw her mother but Clark told her that her mom is  dead then she said "what if she's not? That's why i cant find her grave.".

END.

base from the recent advertisement of the Napa teaser its gonna be on September 9, 2015. :)

if anyone has alink share it thanks

here you go dear...

• Like 3

Just a quick check-in since I'm still on vacation but how was today's episode??? Anyone have a favorite scene? :) 

well episode for today is just so-so.. nothing major event happened and mainly focused on family problems..

RECAP OF EPISODE 21

Hidden Content

base from the recent advertisement of the Napa teaser its gonna be on September 9, 2015. :)

here you go dear...

thanks watched it already:))ha ha 

too short and theres not so much parts of them together..:(.

• Like 2

When those punks grabed her she called for Clark and after he arrived and ended first round of the fight Leah ran to him and huged him tightly :wub: 

thanks watched it already:))ha ha 

too short and theres not so much parts of them together..:(.

They were cute but i wish he showed a bit of fear for her being in such a dangerous situation...and after he told her about episode with dad she should of hug him...

They plan many eps and will drag a bit to much for my taste...i wish to see a bit of a progress between them in every ep...today they seem to me more like a friends then 2 people falling in love

But they're still cute and i adore them :)

It seems that their trip to Napa valley will start tomm...or they repeated half of week eps preview?...hope not

P.S. No comments on Tita Jack's sex orientation? ...or was it mentioned earlier but i missed it? I was suprised a bit

Edited by zagigirl
  • Like 2

RECAP OF EPISODE 21

Hidden Content

here you go dear...

salamat po! i read your recap and i could imagine one or two things about our OTP. ah.. they are so cute..

DC has 20 episodes now.. i wonder how many episode already aired in pilipinas? 25?

i read your comments guys, i kinda fast forwarded the episode with manang and tatang, but especially jiggs, that dude is soooo selfish and annoying.. is he the 2nd male lead in this drama? i hope not.. oh.. i cant stand his selfishness toward his mom and leah..

i like the part when anne curtis came to the concert, i mean, manang is such a good daughter, leah too.. as a daughter myself, i thought i would do the same thing :(

• Like 2