[Philippine Drama 2015 - 2016] On the Wings of Love

xiashenghan

Hi guys!

Welcome to the new ones here on the thread. Sorry I can't mention you but will do once I logged in my computer.

Just updated the first post with new infos.

Haven't been active lately on Soompi.

Will be back in 3-4 weeks. I'll just gush about this pairing in the background.

The episode last night made me want to ask for more.

• Like 1

oh well  I reckon that on the upcoming episodes Clark will start to lie low and suppress his feelings because of what Tita Jack will say to him,

*teaser convo*

J: I love Leah. I like her. But sometimes i'm jealous of her. Coz Jigs loves her more than me.

C: It might not be like that Tita.

J: Yes its true.

Clark with the gloomy face after he put the phone down.. obviously he'll realized that what he's been doing isn't right and Leah is very important person to Jigs and Jigs is truly to dear to Tita Jack and Jack is everything to him so i bet he'll do that noble idiocy of sacrificing his feelings for Leah coz he doesn't want to hurt Tita Jack more. Oh well i'm hoping I'm wrong again.

DC have ep 22.. thank you subbers!

aiyoyo.. ottohke? i just dislike when one sacrifices his/her heart for others cuz s/he thinks that's the best. oh no dear, it's not :(

i hope, before clark takes anything to deal with.. he better know that jiggs doesn't love leah that much.. he's just being obsessed! he's mad cuz leah left him first, not him leaving leah. he's so selfish to understand the meaning of love. ouh, that boy.. i hope he'll find another girl so he can stop bothering leah.

sorry, im just so into this drama :D

cant wait to go home and watch ep 21-22.. cuz i cant do anything at office, haha..

• Like 2

oh well  I reckon that on the upcoming episodes Clark will start to lie low and suppress his feelings because of what Tita Jack will say to him,

*teaser convo*

J: I love Leah. I like her. But sometimes i'm jealous of her. Coz Jigs loves her more than me.

Clark with the gloomy face after he put the phone down.. obviously he'll realized that what he's been doing isn't right and Leah is very important person to Jigs and Jigs is truly to dear to Tita Jack and Jack is everything to him so i bet he'll do that noble idiocy of sacrificing his feelings for Leah coz he doesn't want to hurt Tita Jack more. Oh well i'm hoping I'm wrong again.

DC have ep 22.. thank you subbers!

aiyoyo.. ottohke? i just dislike when one sacrifices his/her heart for others cuz s/he thinks that's the best. oh no dear, it's not :(

i hope, before clark takes anything to deal with.. he better know that jiggs doesn't love leah that much.. he's just being obsessed! he's mad cuz leah left him first, not him leaving leah. he's so selfish to understand the meaning of love. ouh, that boy.. i hope he'll find another girl so he can stop bothering leah.

sorry, im just so into this drama :D

cant wait to go home and watch ep 21-22.. cuz i cant do anything at office, haha..

That preview.

Clark looked defeated. He finally fell in love with someone but can't be with her even when she's beside him because of his family. His selfish cousin Jiggs.

• Like 2

Hi guys!

Welcome to the new ones here on the thread. Sorry I can't mention you but will do once I logged in my computer.

Just updated the first post with new infos.

Haven't been active lately on Soompi.

Will be back in 3-4 weeks. I'll just gush about this pairing in the background.

The episode last night made me want to ask for more.

Hello Soompi OTWOListas, it's been a long time since my last visit here in Soompi. The page here have new feels to it, didnt know there have been quite few changes around here.

Anyways, just dropping by because I love "On the Wings of Love" (OTWOL)! Crazy in love with the story and most esp. the addictive screen chemistry of the hot leads, James Reid and Nadine Lustre. Also, the new Pd here Direk Jadaone, is quite ingenious, she's new to tv landscape, she's more into independent film-making and an in-demand film Pd too. Hopefully she'll offer something new or maybe something revolutionary on how the usual tv drama series are made back home in Philippines. There's also another Pd here who's quite experienced on tv series making, Direk Saguin. Fyi, Direk Saguin directed another short tv series of James & Nadine or collectively known as "JaDine" loveteam, the series is called "My App Boyfie", it's another take on "Absolute Boyfriend" manga. Btw, OTWOL is also James & Nadine's first full-length tv series, they are better known starring in movies adapted from Wattpad books, Wattpad is like comics story or manga literature, with some elements of makjangs or ridiculousness of writer's wild imagination, hehe,lol. Ok, too much for my introduction, sorry, maybe some of you already know this.

Well, I was surprised OTWOL had a forum here in Soompi. Thank you to those who made this possible. The introduction page here was superbly made. Kudos!

@xiashenghan sorry to pry, just curious, but are you Filipino?

Ok, I'll try to visit sometime and hopefully engage in the discussions. But until then and so long!

OTWOL Fighting!

:wub:

• Like 2

@QueenKB17 Welcome to the thread! I totally agree. I love the story and the pairing (I watched their movie "Diary ng Panget" and I liked it.). It's refreshing and the characters in general are nice.

I just have one complaint, they're giving less and less scenes with our OTP and more with the relatives. :(

And thanks for your conpliment on the first post. Haha! I'm new to this sooo...

And with your question, I'm a Filipino. Are you as well?

• Like 1

@QueenKB17 Welcome to the thread! I totally agree. I love the story and the pairing (I watched their movie "Diary ng Panget" and I liked it.). It's refreshing and the characters in general are nice.

I just have one complaint, they're giving less and less scenes with our OTP and more with the relatives. :(

Ngek, sabi na eh. Hehe! Lahat ba tayu dito Filipino? Bawal mag-Tagalog ganun? Hehe,lol.

Oh well about the OTP and relatives scenes, I guess it's Ok, I'm fine with the pacing personally. It's very Filipino and family-centered plots. I think a lot of Asian culture will also relate to it. We cant of course only have the OTP run the whole show, that would make the story shorter and weird. It's like their scenes are the exciting ones, and we cant always feel excited right? It should be like riding in a roller coaster of emotions while we journey in this story. Just a little patience.

What I am curious is, can they really make this show longer, creating more interest, and not making it feel like dragging? As of now, the only conflicts that needs to be resolved are: finding Leah's Mom, Leah's Dad heart operation, Leah's Greencard status, Leah & Clark's future, and sub-conflict on Tita Jacs issue with her son Jiggs. So what else??? Maybe they are going to introduce new characters along the way. All seems perfect and too easy for everyone now, but to create real deep rooting conflict, maybe Clark will have another love interest, Leah will get reconcile with Jiggs as payback to Tita Jac's kindnesss, and etc.etc. Oh my, I dont want to cry like a river!

I guess, we'll have to keep on watching it then.

:crazy:

• Like 2

Guest engineeredbygod

Here's clark at his most sincere and nerve melting stare towards leah:

His lines where like.. an alternative way of saying I love you Leah even though :D

YaDech? Don't know them...or i just think i don't ;)

:P...little bother?...he's almost to young to be my son-in-low :vicx:...i didn't say a thing right? ;)

haha, they are Thai popular couple.. Nadech and Yaya, you can search them, if you want haha..

btw nadine is one year older than james? haha.. noona - dongsaeng love.. :D i really like them together.. i grin ear to ear everytime they start to lovey dovey.. :wub:

Nope, they are both same age. James born earlier in month of May and Nadine in month of October, the Halloween Eve actually. Nadine's last year birthday was actually Halloween themed. It's kinda weird when other girls would go for girly sweet themed birthday parties, while she opted to have a gothic and kinda freaky party. Hehehe, lol! I guess each to their own liking.

See some photos below, Nadine in Witch's costume while James in Edward Scissorshand's costume.

B1Sbvz6CUAACBw8.jpg

B1SW8khCcAAxlG_.jpg

f2e27558d.jpg

3be00783c.jpg

• Like 3

NOOOOOO ! I really hope it doesn't come to that, although I understand where the channel is coming but from the tweets I read and you guys, there seem to be a lot of ads for a show that's only on for like 20 - 25 mins. I don't blame anyone who'd rather just wait for it to be uploaded online and watch it, rather than sit through more ad time than show time.

How does tfc even work ? Are you able to download the show or is it strictly only streaming ?

Oh really??? Well I dont agree, at least not the case for me. I still watch it on tv for real time airing, coz the screen is bigger than laptop or phone, then later go find vids in the net to replay my favorite scenes.

Too bad if they will try to restrict it for some petty reasons. I mean, like S.Korean or other Asian drama thrive outside because of interest generated from International viewers. With no opportunity to see it from outside, how will they know if the drama can be accepted or can be well received isnt it? Unless, they have no visions at all to see that chance.

For TFC.tv, it has 7days free trial then later you need to pay for subscription. It's a streaming site not downloadable, as far as I know. But, you can try iwantv.com, you can view the episode free for the last 3days of episodes, but no Eng subs, only TFC.tv has Eng subs.

The Best of Luck for OTWOL! Who knows, there will be ways.

B)

• Like 1

Ngek, sabi na eh. Hehe! Lahat ba tayu dito Filipino? Bawal mag-Tagalog ganun? Hehe,lol.

Oh well about the OTP and relatives scenes, I guess it's Ok, I'm fine with the pacing personally. It's very Filipino and family-centered plots. I think a lot of Asian culture will also relate to it. We cant of course only have the OTP run the whole show, that would make the story shorter and weird. It's like their scenes are the exciting ones, and we cant always feel excited right? It should be like riding in a roller coaster of emotions while we journey in this story. Just a little patience.

What I am curious is, can they really make this show longer, creating more interest, and not making it feel like dragging? As of now, the only conflicts that needs to be resolved are: finding Leah's Mom, Leah's Dad heart operation, Leah's Greencard status, Leah & Clark's future, and sub-conflict on Tita Jacs issue with her son Jiggs. So what else??? Maybe they are going to introduce new characters along the way. All seems perfect and too easy for everyone now, but to create real deep rooting conflict, maybe Clark will have another love interest, Leah will get reconcile with Jiggs as payback to Tita Jac's kindnesss, and etc.etc. Oh my, I dont want to cry like a river!

I guess, we'll have to keep on watching it then.

:crazy:

Yes we can't. I don't think all of us are Filipino here. Nice meeting another kabayan here.

From what I heard, they won't make this longer. Maybe the typical length of dramas nowadays (not like Be Careful with My Heart). Around 3-4 months? But hopefully half a year of this drama won't be bad.

Yes. Those issues needs to be resolved first before they can move on to something.

From the looks of it, Leah's mom is not dead.

NOOOOOO ! I really hope it doesn't come to that, although I understand where the channel is coming but from the tweets I read and you guys, there seem to be a lot of ads for a show that's only on for like 20 - 25 mins. I don't blame anyone who'd rather just wait for it to be uploaded online and watch it, rather than sit through more ad time than show time.

How does tfc even work ? Are you able to download the show or is it strictly only streaming ?

Oh really??? Well I dont agree, at least not the case for me. I still watch it on tv for real time airing, coz the screen is bigger than laptop or phone, then later go find vids in the net to replay my favorite scenes.

Too bad if they will try to restrict it for some petty reasons. I mean, like S.Korean or other Asian drama thrive outside because of interest generated from International viewers. With no opportunity to see it from outside, how will they know if the drama can be accepted or can be well received isnt it? Unless, they have no visions at all to see that chance.

For TFC.tv, it has 7days free trial then later you need to pay for subscription. It's a streaming site not downloadable, as far as I know. But, you can try iwantv.com, you can view the episode free for the last 3days of episodes, but no Eng subs, only TFC.tv has Eng subs.

The Best of Luck for OTWOL! Who knows, there will be ways.

B)

I've tried iWantTV and it will only work in the Philippines. TFCTV is for international fans. Tried downloading the videos as well but it doesn't work. 

• Like 1

These two are flirting! I love how Clark is showing his interest in Leah. Seems he can't deny his feelings anymore. The tension is too much, please don't make us wait months for a real kiss (meaning they're not faking it to convince someone). In the preview Tita Jacs and Clark are talking about Jiggs's love for Leah. I'm sorry but she needs to stop this guilt trip: Leah doesn't belong to Jiggs and Clark doesn't owe anything to Jiggs. Period. Tita Jacks can feel remose for taking care of Clark instead of her son but it's her problem, she doesn't have the right to pressure "Cleah" just to please her son.These two are flirting! I love how Clark is showing his interest in Leah. Seems he can't deny his feelings anymore. The tension is too much, please don't make us wait months for a real kiss (meaning they're not faking it to convince someone). In the preview Tita Jacs and Clark are talking about Jiggs's love for Leah. I'm sorry but she needs to stop this guilt trip: Leah doesn't belong to Jiggs and Clark doesn't owe anything to Jiggs. Period. Tita Jacks can feel remose for taking care of Clark instead of her son but it's her problem, she doesn't have the right to pressure "Cleah" just to please her son.These two are flirting! I love how Clark is showing his interest in Leah. Seems he can't deny his feelings anymore. The tension is too much, please don't make us wait months for a real kiss (meaning they're not faking it to convince someone). In the preview Tita Jacs and Clark are talking about Jiggs's love for Leah. I'm sorry but she needs to stop this guilt trip: Leah doesn't belong to Jiggs and Clark doesn't owe anything to Jiggs. Period. Tita Jacks can feel remose for taking care of Clark instead of her son but it's her problem, she doesn't have the right to pressure "Cleah" just to please her son.These two are flirting! I love how Clark is showing his interest in Leah. Seems he can't deny his feelings anymore. The tension is too much, please don't make us wait months for a real kiss (meaning they're not faking it to convince someone). In the preview Tita Jacs and Clark are talking about Jiggs's love for Leah. I'm sorry but she needs to stop this guilt trip: Leah doesn't belong to Jiggs and Clark doesn't owe anything to Jiggs. Period. Tita Jacks can feel remose for taking care of Clark instead of her son but it's her problem, she doesn't have the right to pressure "Cleah" just to please her son.These two are flirting! I love how Clark is showing his interest in Leah. Seems he can't deny his feelings anymore. The tension is too much, please don't make us wait months for a real kiss (meaning they're not faking it to convince someone). In the preview Tita Jacs and Clark are talking about Jiggs's love for Leah. I'm sorry but she needs to stop this guilt trip: Leah doesn't belong to Jiggs and Clark doesn't owe anything to Jiggs. Period. Tita Jacks can feel remose for taking care of Clark instead of her son but it's her problem, she doesn't have the right to pressure "Cleah" just to please her son.*These two are flirting! I love how Clark is showing his interest in Leah. Seems he can't deny his feelings anymore. The tension is too much, please don't make us wait months for a real kiss (meaning they're not faking it to convince someone). In the preview Tita Jacs and Clark are talking about Jiggs's love for Leah. I'm sorry but she needs to stop this guilt trip: Leah doesn't belong to Jiggs and Clark doesn't owe anything to Jiggs. Period. Tita Jacks can feel remose for taking care of Clark instead of her son but it's her problem, she doesn't have the right to pressure "Cleah" just to please her son.

Hello everyone,

I'm gonna stop lurking and take part in the discussions.

The kilig from the last two episodes was too much! These two are flirting. I love how Clark is showing his interest in Leah. Seems he can't deny his feelings anymore. The tension is unbearable, please don't make us wait months for a real kiss (meaning they're not faking it to convince someone).

In the preview Tita Jacs and Clark are talking about Jiggs's love for Leah. I'm sorry but she needs to stop this guilt trip: Leah doesn't belong to Jiggs and Clark doesn't owe anything to Jiggs. Period. Tita Jacks can feel remose for taking care of Clark instead of her son but it's her problem, she doesn't have the right to pressure "Cleah" just to please her son. 

About the lenght of the serie, I really hope they'll not extend it. I think the expected 70 episodes are enough. Don't want the show to drag. I like the family plots but not enough to watch 100 and more episodes.

• Like 3

OOOOOOOHHHHHH MY GOOOOODDD GIRLS!!!! JUICECOLORED!!!! THE TEASER FOR THE NEXT EP is afgasjfadfjhdfjgadsfh!!!!!

EPISODE 24 RECAP

1st secene: Jigs and Tita Jack are in a motorcycle store... Jigs is happy choosing what he wants and Tita Jack said that he'll enjoy riding a motorcycle more when he's in America because of all the slope and everything,. Jig's asked how his petition is going and Tita Jack said she  submitted all the papers now and they are just waiting for approval. Jigs started to narrate Leah being scared riding a motor before but got used to it because he always brings and picks her up from her work, they got into an accident once but only Leah is wearing a helmet and was so worried for Jigs so Leah gave him a helmet as a present and said he still keeps it.

TOlayts in hospital walking pass other patients and got afraid of the needles and syringes he saw lol!! Mr. Sol asked him if he will donate and he said "maybe next time." ahahaha!! kyot Tolayts

Motor store again: JIgs still talks about Leah about teaching her to ride a motor.. Jack said he indeed has a lot of memories about Leah and asked for his memory of her.. he said all he remembers of her are toys, money, motorcycle... the only memory he has is when he was 5 yrs. old and she left him. Tita Jack said what's important now is the present and they can make new memories again while they are still together. Jack hugs him and Jigs pulled away sometime later and said she's tacky(ayyiieee Jigs is giving in... a little more push Tita Jack!! ACHIEVE!!) and Jigs shove it off by pointing what motor he wants

Bedroom of Jigs:  jack looking at pics of Jigs in the wall talks to herself saying she wont give up on him.

Leah on a bathroom reminiscing the almost kiss scene and what tita Jack said about not falling for Clark.. and she's slightly banging her head on the wall saying "Sorry Tita jack" kyyyaaahhhh Leah is so guilty!!!

Clark called Jack. and Jack said she will extend her stay to fix some things, to make it up to Jigs. Clark asked if she told him already and she said they all knew and JIgs loves Leah so much. Conversation on the teaser

and said she'll need to fix her relationship with his son.
Clark told they are in Napa Valleyto talk to the previous employer of Leah's mom.
She said take care of Leah for his cousin ooouuuccchh!!!
Clark puts the phone down and reminisced the almost kiss too
Leah and Clark shown both in deep thoughts

Saying goodbye to mechanic's family, he said they are always welcome to go back.. the kid gave Leah flowers again!! , he said hell wait for her and "belat(tagalog"/ "merong (korean)"/ "zamamiro (japanese)/":P(emoji)" to Clark  ahahahahaha!!!! cccuuttteee!! the kid is cute!!!

Tolayts and Mr.Sol asking people to donate blood. Tolayts shouting that whoever donates blood will have a year free ride on his tricycle. co-drivers was teasing him about doing everything just for Tiffany but he said she has nothing to do with that and he'll do it for everyone that needs his help which convinced the people to donate.(are all the characters in this barangay angels? their barangay should be called Barangay Heaven)

Gasoline station: Leah on the phone with Manang.. Manang said Gabby has dengue. and Leah insisted she'll send money no matter what.
Clark went out of the store also talking to Tita Jack.
jumps in the car, leah asked if its Tita Jack and Clarks said she was just checking their whereabouts... and Leah asked Clark

L: Clark can we talk about...

C: Lets Go... lets go talk to the employer of your mom so we can leave before it gets dark (aaawww Brother is avoiding it!! afraid of being friendzoned? ahahaha)

leah speaking to gabby, Gabby asked her to sing for him, She's crying while singing. Clark asked what's wrong. leah said her nephew has dengue. Diverted the conversation by asking if they are near and he said they are almost there.

dining table in Jigs house: they are all happy. Jordan said he has a nice motor and if he could try. Jigs said no coz he's still young (oh yeah! Jigs is being kind, which is so surprising tbh)

Leah and Clark arrive at the house of her mom's Employer.

Jigs excused himself coz he'll go to his friends bday. Tita Jack asked Lola if she knows his friends. Lola said yes and not to worry.

Leah rings the dorbell and. Mrs. Mayer answers the door. Leah introduced herself as Rona's daughter and asked to talk to her to ask some questions.

Mrs. Mayer narrating about how kind hearted and hard wroking her mom was and was disappointed that she quit. Leah was surprised to know she quit too and said that she died but Mrs. Mayer didnt even know she died.

Gabby at the hospital looks so weak he couldn't even eat , manang crying while hugging him:(

Mrs. Mayer gave a box to Leah which belongs to her mom. saying her mother always talks about them. and she said she reminds her of Rona. 

Hospital doctor told manang that platelet count of Gabby got down again and that complications may occur if this continues.. 

in the car Leah looking at the contents inside the box while crying.

back in Lola's House : Jordan and Jenny looking at Jigs' photos with his friends on face time.. Tita Jack asked where that is and plans to go there too. Lola stops her but she said she wont be seen by Jigs, she  just want to know and see his friends

Manang on the fon with Mr. sol and said they need more blood. Townspeople 1 &2 are there with her consoling her.

Clark narrates that he was beside his mom when she died. Leah said he's even lucky to be with her until the end coz for her they weren't even beside her when she died and she's not even sure if she's really dead. and she's really sure that the girl she saw was her mom but Clark said why wouldn't she come back if she's alive, she said she dont know too.
Clark puts his arms around her shoulders, leah said "dead or alive, i must find her". Leah cries hard, Clark pulls her for a hug and assured her they'll find her mom.

END

Edited by ranxie
RECAP POSTED
  • Like 2

Ranxie, do u know what Leah said before Clark asked him the "D U L M?" in the teaser.Haha. I couldnt hear!!! I hope were not in for another Hopia! Haha. Thanks for the recaps! WELCOME unlurkers! Join the fun

"mabuti kang tao Clark... maswerte ang babaeng mamahalin mo"... awwww won't translate this yet to avoid spoilers :) 

• Like 3

OOOOOOOHHHHHH MY GOOOOODDD GIRLS!!!! JUICECOLORED!!!! THE TEASER FOR THE NEXT EP is afgasjfadfjhdfjgadsfh!!!!!

be posting the recap in a while i just need to edit it :)

Your reactions crack me up! :D:w00t::P So funny!

Thank you in advance for recap. How would we manage the week without it?! You're jiang!! B)

• Like 1

Oh wow, tomorrow's preview! Daebak! Clark seems to be on the roller coaster of love and where are the breaks? Poor Leah looks so conflicted.

Regarding today's episode: I love how natural the two turn to each other for support. How each give and take so easily, like they cannot not show it. It's gonna be a rough ride now that feelings are developing. :wub:

• Like 2

ok here you go girls..

do you think this is the scene???

well i cannot see Leah's shirt tho but Clark's shirt looks the same... if it is, then aigggggoooo!!! see you all in heaven girls.. >.<.. if its not then lets proceed with our lives ahahaha!!!

• Like 2