[Drama 2016] Signal 시그널

larus

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

credit : youtube - tvN Drama (CJENMDRAMA)

Per official upload into youtube by tvN / CJENMDRAMA.

A bewildered PHY woken disbelieving that he is still alive. 

LJH visited PHY family thanking PSW for the great tip-off on the red scarf to prosecute the real culprit.

Are we really co-workers? 

A fresh start for PHY.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

CSH stumped by LJH 's choice of dining place. :D

@gangurhar You will love episode 16 once you have watched it.

@Blizzardistkaputt l must admit that l felt a little dazed when certain scenes have quick successions of past and present times.  No knowing the Korean language already caused confusion when watching raws; and the quick times switching  in Signal worsen the situation l am in.

Guest betchay

Just finished watching episode 16 raw, EXCELLENT DRAMA! 

Everyone plays their character so well.

The writing is perfect and the twists are amazing.

Wishing for Season 2!!!! :blush:

I've been a silent lurker here to see others reactions about this drama, and then I realized that I'm not the only one who give applause to this awesome drama, like Misaeng, there's no Love line, there's no kiss, there's no anything relate to the mainstream common drama, and I really really like it. the story, the cast also the emotion. I never skip the episode, and watch it carefully till I know what the writer and PD wanna tell us. before this, I only know Lee Je Hoon (believe me, I need to google first to know his real name) trough his movie with suzy (architecture 101) because his face is lil bit similar to kim soo hyun, that's why I remember. and the rest... I dunno anyone beside him (which I dunno his real name until I google it) BUT! after watch this drama, I even try to find Lee Jae Han's (Choi Jin Woong) movie, and I notice Kim Gye Chul appearance at Running Man. what a big impact, maybe not only me, the other people out there maybe feel the same way, Signal made a successful way like another TvN drama. 

and my conclusion about this drama is...

1. I need subtitle for this episode

2. I need the sequel of this drama

3. Make LJH and CSY have a loveline

4. I will watch it, definitely!!

Thanks for the hardwork for the commenters here, I always helped to understand the story through your analysis, thank you very much, not like an another drama that I've watched, I have a big impression and will watch it if I have a time.

and...

I will make a note for the writer of this drama, I will watch the another drama of him/her. 

9 hours ago, selenette said:

As much as I disagree with @enigmatic_zephy's notion that Cha Soo-hyun is simply emotional and not resourceful enough, I think I agree with him/her (sorry I'm not sure about this) on at least one point:

that if Jae-han wasn't stabbed that day from helping Soo-hyun tackle the robber, he would've been fast enough to get to Sun-woo's place.

Therefore, she wasn't agile that day because she hurt her foot, from dropping the mineral water drum on it.

She dropped the drum because she was absent minded in her pain after knowing about Jae-han's first love.

However,  Soo-hyun was not the only emotional one or even the most emotional character. The other two main characters are emotional (one of them was even in love with a victim!)as well. The majority of the side characters are emotional, too. After all, the writer never claims that her script is for a straight-genre drama (whether it is action or pure procedural). She even said in the translated interview that the drama was based on emotions and human relationships.

So, neither am i saying that series has to be a tough cop drama.. LJH is also emotional...but that does not irk 

me even 1% of what or how CSY treats m.e

1 hour ago, vynenitsuga said:

and my conclusion about this drama is...

1. I need subtitle for this episode

2. I need the sequel of this drama

3. Make LJH and CSY have a loveline

4. I will watch it, definitely!!

Hardcore lurker here! Since it's the end now, I want to show my love and attention for this drama too. Just watched episode 16 without subs too and just like you said I need all of your 4 points you just listed too! Let's hope the Producer of this Drama is secretly lurking on this thread and reads them ;)

Another thing: Can I please point out how the production quality never dropped though out the drama???? That is always one of my worst fears in KDramaland. Even Cheese in the trap fell kinda into it (that world play thou, or is it?). But this drama just got better and better! I think one of the reasons was that the writers had finished the story beforehand....

Perhaps something else that I want to mention (and some of you will probably disagree with me) but at first I thought of Lee Jae Han as just a regular, not that handsome guy. It made me actually kind of happy that they didn't cast only handsome faces like in other dramas *cough*descendants of the sun*cough* (not talking about talent here guys, just looks). But as the drama went on, his charisma and his scene of justice changed the way I was looking at him. In the end I found him terribly handsome  =P I admit, I was not like Cha Soo Hyun who instantly was his heart of gold.

29 minutes ago, ChyuuNyuu said:

Hardcore lurker here! Since it's the end now, I want to show my love and attention for this drama too. Just watched episode 16 without subs too and just like you said I need all of your 4 points you just listed too! Let's hope the Producer of this Drama is secretly lurking on this thread and reads them ;)

Another thing: Can I please point out how the production quality never dropped though out the drama???? That is always one of my worst fears in KDramaland. Even Cheese in the trap fell kinda into it (that world play thou, or is it?). But this drama just got better and better! I think one of the reasons was that the writers had finished the story beforehand....

Perhaps something else that I want to mention (and some of you will probably disagree with me) but at first I thought of Lee Jae Han as just a regular, not that handsome guy. It made me actually kind of happy that they didn't cast only handsome faces like in other dramas *cough*descendants of the sun*cough* (not talking about talent here guys, just looks). But as the drama went on, his charisma and his scene of justice changed the way I was looking at him. In the end I found him terribly handsome  =P I admit, I was not like Cha Soo Hyun who instantly was his heart of gold.

definitely agree!!

now I watch the old movie My Paparotti which our LJH and PHY played tgt, and even smoke tgt. LOL. I feel... omgggg... I feel like I'm going make a fansite of that OTP. haha

and about the cast only handsome face or whatever... haha... you're not the only one who think that way, the first impression of this drama (before I know the story will this good) is why they cast an unpopular actress and actors, even I can't recognize them if they played soooo many movie. and now I know... they're a pro which only TvN will bring them to the "hall of fame of kdrama cast"

believe me, like Ryu Jun Yeol (Reply1988), Kwak Siyang (Oh My Ghost), Kim Young Kwang(Plus Nine Boys), Im Siwan(Misaeng), Kim Go Eun (Cheese In The Trap) and sooo many actor who got the jackpot after their drama (CMIIW). They got the popularity through the good drama of TvN, and believe me, the cast of Signal will get that too... (I wish)

at least, please give them an award... for kdramaland... not the kmovieland which they already a veteran for that field. :)

(sorry for my long posts, I just still in my joy for this drama)

a bonus :))

Spoiler

N1QOIxg.png

3 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

So, neither am i saying that series has to be a tough cop drama.. LJH is also emotional...but that does not irk 

me even 1% of what or how CSY treats m.e

Oh I see. I conclude that your reason is personal, then. You simply don't like the character. But well, to each their own tastes. 

4 hours ago, Mico Ricco said:

@gangurhar You will love episode 16 once you have watched it.

@Blizzardistkaputt l must admit that l felt a little dazed when certain scenes have quick successions of past and present times.  No knowing the Korean language already caused confusion when watching raws; and the quick times switching  in Signal worsen the situation l am in.

Do you think we could all create a timeline of the series, or something?

GUYS GUYS LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!!!

I just read on the Blog "dramabeans" that the PD is open to make a second seasoooooon 
I quote from the blog:

In response to press inquiries about a Signal 2, PD Kim Won-seok said, "All of us, from writer to cast, feel enormous pride and attachment to this show so we've opened up the possibility of making a second season." He continued, "I know there are concerns that we could take away the lingering effects of the first season by making a second, so the writer-nim and I will take some time to carefully consider it." [Osen]

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/03/news-bites-march-12-2016/

real.jpg

Some comments from neetizens after the finale episode so SPOILERS

1457784859163_99_20160312220907.jpg

Article: 'Signal' Lee Je Hoon and Jo Jin Woong are alive... their desparation changes the future

Source: X Sports News via Naver

1. [+22,208, -173] We need a season two...

2. [+20,570, -133] The ending just calls for a second season ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ andthank you Lee Jae Han for staying alive ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ

3. [+16,864, -321] I thought it was a car ad at the end, so slow... And even though it's an open ending, I still wanted to see more. Let's go for a second season, I wanted to see the three met together! I miss Jon Jin Woong, Kim Hye Soo, and Lee Je Hoon.

4. [+12,565, -103] God Jin Woong ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+12,522, -110] The ending is clearly headed in the drection of a second season

6. [+4,507, -28] It was a clean ending... but was it laying groundwork for a second season? There are still unsolved cases, let's try to solve the Oh Dae Yang case ㅋ

7. [+4,460, -44] This was the best drama I've ever seen in my life

8. [+4,049, -35] I wonder who the current Jo Jin Woong is transmitting messages with... a younger Park Hae Young??? That's what I'm curious about

9. [+3,751, -29] Before it was Jo Jin Woong in the past but now it's Lee Je Hoon and Kim Hye Soo in the past. Such a daebak drama.

10. [+2,896, -24] I like that Kim Bum Joo was beat up

-

1457787568309_99_20160312220907.jpg

Article: Finale interview, scriptwriter Kim Eun Hee says, "The ending of 'Signal'? I hope the viewers are happy with it..."

Source: OSEN via Nate

1. [+1,069, -11] This was probably my most favorite ending out of all the open endings I've watched. I'm so happy that Kim Bum Joo is dead and Lee Jae Han is alive.

2. [+965, -12] The open ending feels like the scriptwriter is leading to a second season~ I thoroughly enjoyed the drama and let's please keep the same cast for the next season!!!!!!!

3. [+813, -16] I hope that this isn't like the 'Reply' series where people complain about the ending all the time. We've enjoyed this drama up to this point far too much to do that.

4. [+56, -0] There has to be a second season, there's no other choice ㅋㅋ Lee Jae Han is alive, Son Hyun Joo is joining, and there will be a new character introduction with the radio transmitter. If the first season was focused on the past and the present, then the second season will be about the present and the future!! That will be so fun!

5. [+55, -0] If Kim Bum Joo had died, Jang Young Chul had been caught by the police, and Cha Soo Hyun and Lee Jae Han had a happy ending in real life, then the ending would've been the same as any other average drama. Ending it on an open ending is the most 'Signal'-like ending I could've imagined for this drama. The sciprtwriter is a genius...

6. [+45, -0] How could we hate the ending when Lee Jae Han is alive ㅠㅠㅠ That is enough for me ㅠㅠㅠ

7. [+41, -1] The scriptwriter and director are geniuses. I'll be looking forward to a second season next year~ ㅋㅋ

8. [+36, -1] I thought it was only us viewers who were waiting for the final episode, waiting every week for the last one.. but even Lee Jae Han from the last episode too was waiting for the last episode every single year... after finishing his message transmissions with himself, he has been waiting for Park Hae Young and Cha Soo Hyun to come and find him in the 16th episode... he's been waiting for 15 episodes, for 15 years.... that made me tear up because I felt so bad for him.

-

Found this particular comment intresting,what do u think about it guys?still waiting for the eng srt to be out but it sounds so Signal like

9. [+3,751, -29] Before it was Jo Jin Woong in the past but now it's Lee Je Hoon and Kim Hye Soo in the past. Such a daebak drama.

such a brilliant remark and actually true if i think about it as Hae Young -Ah is now the one from the past,the one he thanked Lee Jae Han then,him and Cha Soo Hyun kept their memories thanks to the connection they made with Lee Jae Han and the radio transmission 

Kudos to all the stuff,the director,the writer and not least the amazing cast and our main leads,HANDS DOWN to Signal,one of the best dramas in years!!!!

also hope they will consider a second season but only if the main cast comes back along the director and the writer having enough time to make another amazing&strong script,if not better let it like that rather than distroying it with something mediocre...

also been curious,if the new timeline is changed it means that the cases the Cold Squad succeded never happened and the criminals were never caught,like the searial killer&Han Sae Hyu is also free aside from the law being changed to be able to catch them...

@Miky88  I prefer to think that the cold cases were already solved in the past (in the new timeline--God this is confusing :D). An example of this is the Kim Yoon-jung case: suspect Yoon Soo-ah was arrested in the same year of the kidnapping and murder. 

Also I don't think that Jae-han was in comatose for 15 years or that he'd been in hiding from the other two for 15 years. More likely something else happened that neither Soo-hyun nor Hae-young knew. 

EDIT:

1. Judging by the cigarette stubs in the ashtray (at Jae-han's father's house), I think Jae-han was there, some time before Hae-young was. To my knowledge, the old man did not smoke. The stubs looked new, too.

2. It is possible that in the current timeline Jae-han had cut off all contact with Hae-young and Soo-hyun for some time because he was sent undercover to get Jang &co. and then he was injured.

3. If undercover mission wasn't the answer, then maybe he'd been on the run from Jang's lackeys all this time (which is awful to imagine, but at least he's alive).

Arrgh I don't know. My meager Korean isn't helping. 

Archived