[Drama 2015] The Return of Hwang Geum Bok 돌아온 황금복

Ldy Gmerm

Yes im a screeching harp here but folks.....they can't charge my/rh/yr with anything because the crime took place in another country....i too find everyones reaction to the registry of marriagerather out of the norm....im wondering if thats going to come back to bit later? Or has the writer just seriously dropped the ball...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@thegoldbug

" I'm a little confused why the family is surprised the marriage was registered...they had a ceremony and everyone seemed happy.  Did they expect them to live as husband and wife without actually registering their marriage, if so that seems odd."

At dinner......Halmeoni tells the family that even with all the "commotion" that  is ongoing.....IW & GB needs to registered their marriage (Affidavit of Eligibility of Marriage for Marriage certificate) but then GB & IW said that they had registered their marriage in the morning. What Halmeoni is surprise....is that GB had chose to use "Hwang Geum Bok" to registered her marriage.....GB assures Halmeoni that while waiting for the legality of being  TJ child...when it does happened then they will amend accordingly. ES had mentioned that GB is still comfortable & at ease being Hwang Geum Bok as GB affirm that being Kang Geum Bok seems strange & distance to her

It is common practice that Korean tend to first have the ceremonial wedding then only do they registered the marriage certificate officially with the government as a legal marriage

@gerrytan8063 Thank you for the clarification...that does make sense.  I didn't think she was shocked by the fact that they registered the marriage (it didn't seem that way with the body language) but since I don't understand the language I couldn't be sure.

@gerrytan8063

Thanks for the translation and information on what TJ's mother was really wanting..

Granny wants things her own way too fast. She is very greedy. GB just found out she was TJ's daughter and her grandchild and right off she badgered everyone to get GB to come for dinner, then it was to move into that house, then to marry her off fast and then to have them move in with her instead of with his mother taking the joy out of MJ having GB in her home as her DIL as she wanted and now she is trying to get her to change her name.  Granny has not slowed down to her selfish wants at all or taken responsibility for her part in things.

What will she want next for IW to forgo his name and take theirs too?

If she was so honestly wanting this girl to take her sons family name then she should have waited to marry her off.

The main issue is how to make MY, RH and YR pay for their crimes not about name changes. How will IW fix this? I really do not think he can and I think those three will wiggle out of what they did. But I also see that one or two of them will either die , be hurt badly or go back to jail for what they have done. MY is too far gone and does not believe she should pay for the death of that cab driver. So death is a good way out for her to make up for her crimes. RH and YR have to experience the same thing that ES and GB did at their separation for ten years. They think they have suffered lol but they did not suffer at all like GB did roaming around Japan and then S. Korea looking for her mother who she did not know was dead or alive.

By the way, another news will be coming to Grandmother soon. Once the case against Mi Yeon and Ri Hyang is over, Eun Shil promised Mal Ja that In Woo and Geum Bok will return to her household. From what I see that Eun Shil is truly Geum Bok's parent here. Tae Joong seemed to appear a bit here and there (perhaps he is really busy over at the Six Dragons drama). So, Eun Shil will probably say her bye bye to the Kang household too.

I seemed to note at great hesitation on Eun Shil part of being with Tae Joong when Mal Ja teased her of moving into Tae Joong's bedroom soon. Tae Joong may had been her youth's love ... but Kim Kyung Soo spend a good 10 years by her side in her years of suffering.

8 hours ago, sunnywoo said:

Ugh I think I'll just wait for the recap of the last episode.  I just really wanted old GB and MH together.

i feel like the whole drama was a waste!!!! Ugh!!!!!! I feel so cheated. 

GB and MH ending together was the only thing i wanted from this drama and it dissapointed me. Never in millions years would i have imagined she would marry IW as i was confident in her love for MH. I feel like i'm watching another drama. How did things go so wrong? Now i'm only waiting for this mess to end. Somehow i feel cheated.

21 minutes ago, Xamjil said:

GB and MH ending together was the only thing i wanted from this drama and it dissapointed me. Never in millions years would i have imagined she would marry IW as i was confident in her love for MH. I feel like i'm watching another drama. How did things go so wrong? Now i'm only waiting for this mess to end. Somehow i feel cheated.

don't feel   cheated, MH  deserve better  then  GB,  Gb is not the kind    girl she was , GB is  now  plain nasty  like  IW . when she slapped  MH  she did   it  with  so much hate.  GB will  keep rubbing it inn MH face  that  MY his  mother   tried  to  kill her   mother.

The cast and production crew:

@Jackie1048 Thank you for reminding us of that arrangement. I hope that ES delivers on her promise to MJ, and I hope that she stays single. Something tells me that I'm not going to get my wish though. I know there will be hugs and forgiveness in the end, but I would love to see halmoni end up alone in the end.

@Ldy Gmerm thank you so much for continuing with recaps and videos to the end. I know it can't be easy. 

I can't comment on the events from this week because I've stopped watching, but here are a few instagram photos. Warning: some are spoilers.

EDIT: I'm having trouble getting the photos to show up. I can see them while editing the post, but they don't show up in the final product. :( I'll just add the direct links because I'm not sure how to fix this problem. The way I used to do this in the past doesn't work any more.

Spoiler

Miserable weather for shooting outside. As tired as we are of watching, it must have been orders of magnitude worse for these guys.

https://www.instagram.com/p/-pZLVEOjW-/

More courtroom scenes

https://www.instagram.com/p/-s8XOgqsiw/

MH must be feeling pretty lonely on that side of the isle.

https://www.instagram.com/p/-tBr0WujY-/

Filming at the airport

https://www.instagram.com/p/-0SwA3g8yJ/

5 hours ago, anbud said:

don't feel   cheated, MH  deserve better  then  GB,  Gb is not the kind    girl she was , GB is  now  plain nasty  like  IW . when she slapped  MH  she did   it  with  so much hate.  GB will  keep rubbing it inn MH face  that  MY his  mother   tried  to  kill her   mother.

That's what i don't understand. How could this woman go from a kind and intelligent being to a heartless harpy we've seen in recent episodes. It's like she's another person. Maybe what she need is an exorcism, because it's hightly suspicious.

3 hours ago, Xamjil said:

That's what i don't understand. How could this woman go from a kind and intelligent being to a heartless harpy we've seen in recent episodes. It's like she's another person. Maybe what she need is an exorcism, because it's hightly suspicious.

the writers  throw   the  viewers  a  punch in the  face,    then the  writers  decided   to marry  GB to IW  when   they   was  not  even  dating, so  they held on to  a  promise    GB  made    at  his bedside  when he  was in the  hospital  .then they     the  writer  made  GB   evil towards MH.  before  that  GB  was  keeping   secrets  from HM  so he does  not  get  hurt.... now the evil  twist  is   according to  GB  MH knew all  along his mother  evil ways  ,  which he  did not  know. .lolol  

I expect the fact that ES spent 10 years with GS where he took care of her is something that is eating at TJ. He had no clue what happen to ES and although he continued to look for her for 10 years it bites that he has loved her still for so long but has not gotten to have her in his life as his wife in all that time.

Then we have GS who has been there by her side to help her get her revenge and expose those that hurt her and his daughter instead of him. Not only that but the man is the bio dad of the son he has loved and raised for 28 years. If you add in the fact that ES still continues to be close with GS and brings him food and that GS has now admitted that he is in love with ES as well. TJ is really upset and bothered. The things with MY not giving him that fast divorce and knowing another man is that close to ES and loves her is making him very worried and nervous as he should be. ES has been gone from TJ's side for a long time and there is no guarantee that she will come to him after his divorce.But he has to worry about what happens if she decides to be with GS or go away with him again. GB is now married too.

I think it would be fitting for ES to keep her promise to MJ and go back to living with her with GB and IW. It is only right. Granny does not deserve any of that. None of this would have happen had she stayed out of every ones relationship.

ES and TJ would have been together and MH and GB would have married and GB brought home to that house. Instead we have ES possibly going back to the home she knows and the people she knows and not being with TJ. GB moving to her husbands home as it should be.

@ina111

Thanks for the pictures and links..

I keep thinking we are in the home stretch so small summaries with video are what I am submitting until the end. It is making my head hurt lol.. at the way the story went but I have endured other worse drama's that went on either too long or the characters grated on my nerves.. not to mention "misery loves company" as I am not all alone all you are also just as fed up and ready for this drama to end.

IF you guys can continue to drop in then I can too and add video to our upset LMAO..

From what I gathered that Kim Kyung Soo knew of Mi Yeon's plan to get rid of Eun Shil in Japan. In the end, he will be that witness that will nailed Mi Yeon down. It will be bad for Moon Hyung to see his birth father sending his mother to prison.

Argument between Tae Joong and Kyung Soo over Eun Shil. Eun Shil explained that she had received Grandmother's permission to send the side dishes over when Tae Joong asked what she was there for. Once Eun Shil left, Tae Joong told Kyung Soo to stop finding excuses to meet with Eun Shil. Kyung Soo said that Tae Joong had heard it himself why Eun Shil was at his place. Kyung Soo then told Tae Joong who was the cause that made Eun Shil's life the way it was as he was the one who married Mi Yeon in as his wife. Tae Joong admitted that he will spend his lifetime as an offender in front of Eun Shil for that. However, Tae Joong asked why Kyung Soo kept Eun Shil in Japan by his side for 10 years and never brought her back to Korea. It was then Kyung Soo admitted that he loved Eun Shil.

At this junction, Geum Bok had registered her marriage with In Woo. Moon Hyung is standing by his mother to receive a fair trial by the courts. However, Mi Yeon is not exactly playing by the rule. She claimed that it was an accident and will get Ri Hyang to take the fall with the promise she will get the best lawyers to get Ri Hyang an acquittal.

in kdramas   we have  women/men  waiting   for  30, or  5 years  for  a person   they  had  sex  with. wihich in reality  makes  no sense.

we have  70 year  olds   who  give  up a  child in their  younger  days  , then go  searching  for   that  child  after they  married  some  rich man.

if the females  was so  decent  there  will be  no orphanage.

we have  young  love  which is  so  sickening   that  5 year  olds   remember   some  child  they  liked    they  keep  remembering    their  infant  years  yeaning  for  that  child in a   sexual  manner in adult  age

with  ES  why did  she  wait  so long  for TJ that was already  married.   GS had a  good relationship  with  ES  nonsexual    but he was  the  one  who  helped  her   and  still  is. TJ is like a lost   soul  he knew  nothing.

TJ  with  his    "yes  mother" attitude  will make  any   female  run a  mile away.

in a  normal   world  what man  will go  without  sex  for  30 years  but is  married. some  say he   never  had  a  sexual  relationship  with  MY,  which make  both  MY/TJ  nun and  munk. but he  must have believed   he had  sex  with  MY  to  marry her  and take  care  of their  son. 

I know there is a saying that says "Which cat does not eat fish?"

However, I do believe in such a thing as a celibate life ... and you do not have to be a nun or monk or priest for it.

As I did not watch this drama from the beginning ... so was not aware that Tae Joong never touched Mi Yeon for 30 years ... no wander she is so frustrated. In dramas, it is the writers who put out such unrealistic ideas to us. Korean TV dramas always project the idea of a huge emotional love rather than the physical part of it but they do placed a huge concentration of the physical part in their 19++ movies though.

2 hours ago, Jackie1048 said:

I know there is a saying that says "Which cat does not eat fish?"

However, I do believe in such a thing as a celibate life ... and you do not have to be a nun or monk or priest for it.

As I did not watch this drama from the beginning ... so was not aware that Tae Joong never touched Mi Yeon for 30 years ... no wander she is so frustrated. In dramas, it is the writers who put out such unrealistic ideas to us. Korean TV dramas always project the idea of a huge emotional love rather than the physical part of it but they do placed a huge concentration of the physical part in their 19++ movies though.

i understand  i  myself been  living  a  celibate  life  since i  was  26 years  old.  i  am good friends  with  my  ex  husband.who also live a  celibate life  but  my  sons     who i  give  birth too     will  always  be  the  center  of  my  life. when   my  ex  said  he  will  pay   for  my   house  i  felt offend, he is  a  mulitmilloner.   i  refuse, i  did   go to   work    an  pay    every  dime. i  now  own my  home,  i  still    when   men  ask me  out i   have    eagle eyes. wth.   got no intress  ....

Archived