Guest ororomunroe

okay somebody on tumblr said it and agree so hard that I had to quote. They are re-watching episode 2 and this what they had to say "I'm sorry, but how can you think Jung is anything but a wonderful human being after seeing this scene with the ant? He picks it ups to marvel at its tiny complexity, and then carefully, patiently returns it to its home. You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat the powerless, and Jung is careful, mindful steward to everything he sees. 

The bolded part is what I especially agree with. My mothers I always told me to look at not how people treat those above them, but how they are to those "beneath" or below them. I always watch and judge how friends behave towards the homeless or service workers, cashiers, waitress, etc and know if you are a keep or good-bye from that. You can really learn a lot about a person by doing the bolded. I mean most of us are nice to those above us, for many reasons but mostly because of what we can gain from that niceness, the rewards that will come out of it. However when you are being nice to someone "beneath" or "below" you, it is most about what you can give to them, what you can do for them. While I do agree that Jung with all of his money, power, and standing in society, he's a chabeol heir but he never really shows off his money and he seems really down to earth when it comes to that aspect of his life.

I mean look at how he values the much cheaper watch Seol gave him. Even though it's less in money value it means more to him than any of the expensive watches he collects. Also if we are going by the webtoon, the watch means a lot to him as does Seol because the watch we always see him wear was a gift from his overseas mother that he wears to remember her/her love or whatever. For him to take it off and put the one that Seol gave to him...boy is sprung LOL. richard simmons I need to stop shipping!!) he never flaunts that and he's down to earth and nice to "normal" people in his college who deserve it. I mean look at the kindness he showed Bora during her dad's hospital stay (he really took charge in that situation and even made sure Bora was taken care of. Jung is nice to his friend that is always sticking by his side and treats the other college students well. It's only when people richard simmons up and show him their true colors that he seems to go cold on them. At the same time the people he goes cold towards are kind of powerless in a way no? Hmmm, I am in conflict as always LOL. Did those people really have the power and ability to say NO to Jung and his requests.....never mind, they could have all said no and simply dealt with the consequences of their dirty deeds/actions.....who is Jung to be the judge and executioner of these people.....but they did do wrong to him and their actions somehow directly effect his life before he gets involved....

If San Chul's actions had messed with Seol, the girl he cares about he wouldn't have gotten involved...no if San Chul wasn't using him for money all along he wouldn't have gotten involved...if assistant Heo hadn't stolen from him and then gone and broken their agreement to Seol he wouldn't have gotten involved, so to that he is not some dark knight or vigilant doling out justice (he wouldn't have gotten involved with the rapist neither if he wasn't preying on Seol) so he's just like all of us. He doesn't like b u l l s h i t in his life and actually does something about it...But then it really shouldn't be up to him of who can and cannot be in Seol's life. But then he does leave her to resolve things on her own and only gets involved when homegirl is basically drowning and or brings him into things by confronting and or distrusting/side eying him for things....I didn't like him telling the neighbor to move but even then, wasn't it just a stupid eye for an eye. In Jung's mind he got into a fight with Seol and may lose her because of TA Heo's blabber mouth. To him it's only fair that in return TA Heo also "lose" his boyfriend too....but then who is Jung to tell Jung Yoo to go home and get his life together but then Jung Yoo didn't have to listen, again a choice was made to do so (perhaps a part of him had been wanting to go home and fix his life and he just needed that "excuse" of a reason/forced hand to do so, at least that's how it felt in the webtoon). 

Ugh Yoo Jung why do you make me think LOL. Give me back those one dimensional leads that are black and white in being an richard simmons and make it easy to SLS. I do enjoy how good both he and Inho have been in getting Seol to come out of herself. She took Inho's advice and is no longer the deep bowing and apologizing girl of eps 1 & 2. At the same time Jung view and value of her. His like of her and telling her things like "you've done well" has been making her see herself in a newish light and valuing herself more. He's built up her confidence (who wouldn't feel good that of all the girls he could have -he's the campus #1 catch- he would pick the one who's the bottom of the looks list even below Min Soo and who's friends say her charms are "she's responsible and she's responsible") I mean we know how awesome she is and I think somewhere below all the questioning and insecurities she also knows how awesome she is. But through Jung she is starting to see her own awesomeness more and more and I love him and her for that. I just like how happy he makes her. Whenever she gets giddy (her morning smiling walk and her running to great him were soooooo cute) I get giddy with her. OH richard simmons I need to stop shipping. Quick someone remind me of all the shady, side eye things Jung has done....

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim Go Eun gifting the staff with a food truck and her fans sending a coffee truck on the last day of shooting.

papikim20160125111356_P_03_R_1.jpg

cr: hankook ilbo

Spoiler

1453686298-21.jpg

1453686327-14.jpg

cr: topstarnews

STILLS OF UPCOMING EPISODE 7

1453683681-13.jpg

cr: topstarnews

2016012601002613500175681_99_20160125101

cr: sports chosun

papikim20160125102048_P_03_C_1.jpg

cr: hankook ilbo

Spoiler

20160125001621_0_99_20160125120805.jpg?t

cr: segye times

20160125_2807779_1453684267_99_201601251

cr: maeil business

thank you everyone for your insights into the drama.  it is wonderful reading and great insight into the characters.  I am very much looking forward to the upcoming episodes.  Thank you @Mrssojisub for your insights.  I am in much agreement with you in regards to YJ!  I do love YJ for HS.  They have great chemistry and very much ship them!  

helloooo im newbie on this forum. i come just to say thanks to Baek InHo. thankyou for saving the rest of my life that ruined because of reply 1988 T.T still cant move on at all but, i will, because of Baek InHo. InHo yah, i beg you. Junghwanah saranghanda~

i watched this drama up to ep 4 for now, i dont wanna hurt my heart. the wound is still wet, anyway haha. 

@GD-ssi welcome to the thread. Please post with us and be merry. Just out of curiosity you are team Baek Inho? *looks at your avi* *le sigh* May the odds be...never mind I can't say that here LOL. Please post some insight and love and gosh over Inho here please and thank you. I myself talk waaaay too much about Jung here and would love to read what supports see and dig about Inho. Honestly I like Inho as much as I did in the webtoon (which wasn't that much LOL I mean I get the like but I didn't get why some liked him more than Jung or excused some of his behaviors but were so hard on Jung. I guess it's like he said "Some people receive love easily") but I do find him more likable in the drama and I root for him continuing on his piano dreams. The rain scene gave me so much feels. How brilliant of the writers to have it raining so you look and wonder is he crying or is it just the rain..*applauds* so good. I also liked the scene where he gave Seol the ice-cream to cool off her anger. He's a really good friend to her and they have such light and cutesome scenes together (their running in the rain was adorable). I don't know why I do these things to myself but I could never get down with the seemingly more easy and compatible smooth sailing ship. My taste got issues I know LOL.

Those pictures. The drama is getting into some of my favorite arcs in the webtoon

Spoiler

As much as I hated it. I really hope they show YG besting Eun Taek because that was some brilliant Jung like maneuvering there. I hope we get to see him use Min Soo, San Chul, and also that grey headed friend (I think she's the one with the bun in the drama) he pretends to date while continuing to stalk and pester Seol. I cannot wait for Jung's ultimate take down of them all, because lawds how they fell hahahahahahahahaha OMG that little boy is just....teach me your ways LOL

@jeijei her hair magically grew over vaction LOL.. 

'Cheese in the Trap' plans bizarre and controversial event that encourages viewers to swear at actors

Thursday, January 21, 2016 
cheese.jpg

Article: Come swear at the 'Cheese' actors? Drama under controversy for event

Source: Yonhap News via Daum

Reps of the drama announced that they'd be holding an event where 'Cheese in the Trap' fans would get a chance to meet all of the drama's most hated characters in real life and come pick a fight with them/swear at their faces. The person who swears the best will be given an autograph from the webtoon artist.

Lead actor Park Hae Jin will be doing a different event where he fulfills the wish of a viewer.

-

1. [+302, -3] This event was obviously planned without any consideration for the actors at all. I feel so bad for them...

2. [+232, -3] These tvN ba$tards think they can get away with anything because we keep praising them, don't they? If you have beef with a character in the drama, shouldn't you be taking it up with the original webtoon artist who came up with them? Why swear at an actor's face?

3. [+223, -1] This is insanity... how can you be sane and think this is a good idea for an event?

4. [+53, -1] What in the world... who actually came up with a trashy event like this? These actors are doing their jobs perfectly fine, why should they get hate for it?

5. [+41, -0] They've lost their minds, haven't they. Even if you hate the character, it means that the actor is doing his job. I don't care about the character getting hate but the actor playing him should not be getting sworn at to his face at all. I bet they actually laughed while coming up with this idea thinking it was great.

6. [+35, -8] They're just playing a character, why swear at their faces for it? If anyone, I want to swear at Lee Sung Kyung for ruining this drama with her poor acting.

7. [+27, -2] This is so stupid... please cancel the event immediately! The only ones getting hate will be the production company.

8. [+18, -0] Lee Sung Kyung is missing from that line-up

9. [+17, -1] They're crazy... the actors did nothing but do their jobs.

10. [+14, -0] Whoever planned this event should come out so I can swear at his face and see how he likes it

Credit : http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.co.id/2016/01/cheese-in-trap-plans-bizarre-and.html

Am caught up!

Read the post about people digging up Park Hae Jin's past comments - Korea is a community that is (in my opinion) very overly concerned with social responses. It's important for Koreans to "look right, sound right, appear right". There is a lot of social pressure to conform to current trends and expectations. Very difficult environment to live in, I feel. 

WRT Seol-wannabe - that's so "Single White Female" creepy... :crazy:

And about YooJung - Is he "Mr Darcey"? Now I gotta read P&P.

According to two articles I've just read there are 2 songs that will be released today. One is sung by 5urprise and the other is sung by Vanilla Acoustic. The ost was played in the ending of 6th episode is sung by 5urprise.

Edit: based on topstar news it will be tearliner feat 5urprise tho. Whats the difference...............

20160125000049_0.jpg

18 minutes ago, engkeme said:

I dont think PHJ is bad. I dont care at all! I love him just the way he is! :D

Well....what's bad? Maybe fighting for your idea of justice? I do believe Jung has manipulated the outcomes of many situations and other's wrongdoings by middles of violence or lately by a fake polite giving, caring and blackmailing.  I'm really like them together and Jung's character is fascinating and he's veeeery good looking. But Seol is already asking him to not do that if it's for her... Will he be able to make it? I think it's going to be a difficult journey for him. And for Seol being next to him. 

Thats only my two cents (do you say so in English?) about what's gonna happen... Yeeeeahhh it's Monday today!

5 hours ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

okay somebody on tumblr said it and agree so hard that I had to quote. They are re-watching episode 2 and this what they had to say "I'm sorry, but how can you think Jung is anything but a wonderful human being after seeing this scene with the ant? He picks it ups to marvel at its tiny complexity, and then carefully, patiently returns it to its home. You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat the powerless, and Jung is careful, mindful steward to everything he sees. 

The bolded part is what I especially agree with. My mothers I always told me to look at not how people treat those above them, but how they are to those "beneath" or below them. I always watch and judge how friends behave towards the homeless or service workers, cashiers, waitress, etc and know if you are a keep or good-bye from that. You can really learn a lot about a person by doing the bolded. I mean most of us are nice to those above us, for many reasons but mostly because of what we can gain from that niceness, the rewards that will come out of it. However when you are being nice to someone "beneath" or "below" you, it is most about what you can give to them, what you can do for them. While I do agree that Jung with all of his money, power, and standing in society, he's a chabeol heir but he never really shows off his money and he seems really down to earth when it comes to that aspect of his life.

I mean look at how he values the much cheaper watch Seol gave him. Even though it's less in money value it means more to him than any of the expensive watches he collects. Also if we are going by the webtoon, the watch means a lot to him as does Seol because the watch we always see him wear was a gift from his overseas mother that he wears to remember her/her love or whatever. For him to take it off and put the one that Seol gave to him...boy is sprung LOL. richard simmons I need to stop shipping!!) he never flaunts that and he's down to earth and nice to "normal" people in his college who deserve it. I mean look at the kindness he showed Bora during her dad's hospital stay (he really took charge in that situation and even made sure Bora was taken care of. Jung is nice to his friend that is always sticking by his side and treats the other college students well. It's only when people richard simmons up and show him their true colors that he seems to go cold on them. At the same time the people he goes cold towards are kind of powerless in a way no? Hmmm, I am in conflict as always LOL. Did those people really have the power and ability to say NO to Jung and his requests.....never mind, they could have all said no and simply dealt with the consequences of their dirty deeds/actions.....who is Jung to be the judge and executioner of these people.....but they did do wrong to him and their actions somehow directly effect his life before he gets involved....

If San Chul's actions had messed with Seol, the girl he cares about he wouldn't have gotten involved...no if San Chul wasn't using him for money all along he wouldn't have gotten involved...if assistant Heo hadn't stolen from him and then gone and broken their agreement to Seol he wouldn't have gotten involved, so to that he is not some dark knight or vigilant doling out justice (he wouldn't have gotten involved with the rapist neither if he wasn't preying on Seol) so he's just like all of us. He doesn't like b u l l s h i t in his life and actually does something about it...But then it really shouldn't be up to him of who can and cannot be in Seol's life. But then he does leave her to resolve things on her own and only gets involved when homegirl is basically drowning and or brings him into things by confronting and or distrusting/side eying him for things....I didn't like him telling the neighbor to move but even then, wasn't it just a stupid eye for an eye. In Jung's mind he got into a fight with Seol and may lose her because of TA Heo's blabber mouth. To him it's only fair that in return TA Heo also "lose" his boyfriend too....but then who is Jung to tell Jung Yoo to go home and get his life together but then Jung Yoo didn't have to listen, again a choice was made to do so (perhaps a part of him had been wanting to go home and fix his life and he just needed that "excuse" of a reason/forced hand to do so, at least that's how it felt in the webtoon). 

Ugh Yoo Jung why do you make me think LOL. Give me back those one dimensional leads that are black and white in being an richard simmons and make it easy to SLS. I do enjoy how good both he and Inho have been in getting Seol to come out of herself. She took Inho's advice and is no longer the deep bowing and apologizing girl of eps 1 & 2. At the same time Jung view and value of her. His like of her and telling her things like "you've done well" has been making her see herself in a newish light and valuing herself more. He's built up her confidence (who wouldn't feel good that of all the girls he could have -he's the campus #1 catch- he would pick the one who's the bottom of the looks list even below Min Soo and who's friends say her charms are "she's responsible and she's responsible") I mean we know how awesome she is and I think somewhere below all the questioning and insecurities she also knows how awesome she is. But through Jung she is starting to see her own awesomeness more and more and I love him and her for that. I just like how happy he makes her. Whenever she gets giddy (her morning smiling walk and her running to great him were soooooo cute) I get giddy with her. OH richard simmons I need to stop shipping. Quick someone remind me of all the shady, side eye things Jung has done....

The one person you're quoting from tumblr is outside-seoul, and yes! I love the way she sees dramas and how she writes about them, humorous, amazing insight, also from a very womanly point of view. Go follow her if you don't! 

more than any of his past comments, I'm actually more intrigued that he's struggling with depression in his younger years, and seems to have suffered from severe health problems.. I remember he was once fainted while shooting Bad Guys because of exhaustion, and he also doesnt smoke because he once had lung disease. That's why he's exempted from doing military service: Because his mental and physical health wasnt good enough to do MS. It was kinda sad, though.. No wonder he's so perfect in playing darker characters, he seems to struggle with darkness at some point in his life.. No wonder Jung is the perfect medium for him to act out the darker side in him. People are not perfect, but as long as he acts well on screen, I have no complaints at all. And besides, all his past comments are like what, 3 years ago? who knows if he's already become a better person right now.. We all learn about to be a better person as we grow older anyway.. he could change for all we know.. seeing him giving free food trucks to the stuff, his charity work, and seeing him in the BTS with his costars, I love he's smiling widely and having fun around. Wishing him the best of luck in his drama and career. 

Archived