Guest ororomunroe

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really really admire Kim Go-Eun in portraying Sol's role. Her facial expressions are all on point (fear, sadness, surprise, shy, in love). For sure there will be a lot of offers after this drama and I will never miss watching her again in other series.

Can't wait for Monday-Tuesday and of course their first awkward kiss of Jung! :):wub:

11 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Regarding Kyung Hwan, he is Jung's friend, right ? I don't remember him in the webtoon. Do I miss him or is he a character that exists only in the drama ? He seemed to be a nice guy. I thought that he is the only nice guy around Jung besides Inho (but Inho is not close to Jung)

Kyung hwan is the guy who always tag along with YJ in the drama n manga, not very memorable.

As for Jung's mom, she's an international lawyer who always travel overseas n Jung really missed her but they rarely talk abt her. That's why he always wears the wristwatch his mom bought for him to remember her. 

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

It's "truckloads" I take issue with. ;) I don't necessarily think that our guy spent all his spare time meditating in the local monastery in the last 15 years. And it seems unlikely that he's a 25 year old virgin.  And I'm not naive enough to think that he's been saving himself for the right girl all these misspent years :P. But this is an adult male who plays video games, does colouring books and paper cutting in his spare time. It does beg the question. ;)

Look at it this way, he has no qualms spilling drinks on "won't-take-no-for-an-answer" admirers and is super creepy when he does that finger thing with scheming girl's face. Sure he doesn't live in a basement in his mother's house and has film star looks, he is still very solitary and nerdy.

All I'm saying is that we don't have to believe everything In-ho says in the way he says it. I don't disbelieve that our guy had lots of admirers which he spurned but I have doubts that he dated every single one of them. Lots of people exaggerate and embellish when they retell things... and I suspect that's what's going on here.

Agree partially. There's the scene when Jung rescues Seol from the rapist Hyung who had her drunk at episode 3 and puts her in a cab. The way she put her in the car protecting her head not with his hand but with his arm was trained!! You can say I'm going too much into the detail but this and other moments show that he's experienced in dating. I don't believe he loved anyone before, and absolutely not valued anyone enough before to reflect about his own ways and motives the way he does with her. Not even Inho, who's pretty much obsessed with their relationship. That's another love story in the drama, imo. 

I consider Jung a very curious person who probably used his good looks and attractiveness to date boring, superficial girls for a while just to satisfy his curiosity about women. And get disappointed about them, of course. 

Im longing for Monday evening, I tell you. As I drive back home from work and while I swim I'm thinking about the drama that's being shown in ROK at the moment. Hardcore CCIT fan! 

Cheers!

@rhaps hehe, glad that caption made you LOL . I find it hard to believe that he doesn't have any girlfriends before. But  a truckload ? Probably includes the admirers as well . @40somethingahjumma agree that Inho is quite a drama king, the only way to find the truth Is to have Seol ask Sunbae, he is one guy that doesn't explain himself unless asked. I read this from DB recap, it says "(Inho) sharing stories of how many girls Jung has dated and dumped for the slightest reason, all with beautiful faces and hot bodies." , no mention of truckload here, hehe. 

nope still  a sociopath.

and like in webtoon he says.. he never really said no to women..but didn't entertain them.. he had gfs.. but wud be with them when he wanted..even if it was hanging out post school he wouldn't do it..

Want some bromance....

And no one is answering..

a) PHJ's past info on exes..what sorta women has he dated

B) Park shin hye.. y is there a controversy of hers with every leading korean actor..

is PHJ already a big star..or was you from another star his big break?

Guest nchoerunnisa

Kekeke... I asked rhetorically Chingu @hrkharis... Just to kid around... (though @40somethingahjumma's theory makes me see this light bulb case in a new light :phew:)... but thanks anyway... <3 <3 <3

@drynase U la la.... Young Gon is such a hottie in real life. Suddenly, the idea of being stalk by Young Gon doesn't sound so bad anymore #slappingmyself

I don't know whether YJ has dated a truckload of girls before or not. The most important things are he's with HS right now, he loves her, and he's being sincere about it (I know... it sounds a little bit cheesy).

2 hours ago, MrsSoJiSub said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Min Soo just does't like herself. For real in the webtoon she just didn't like her life. She had self esteem issues and thought pretty low of herself. She had been watching Seol for a while and wanted to be her. Seol was hard worker, she got a long with the classmates pretty well, she had good grades, she loyal friends. Then when she starts to date Jung (the guy every girl on campus wanted) Min Soo starts to think her life is even more perfect and she has the best imagined fairy tale idea of how Jung and Seol got together -her imagination is hilarious and so different from the reality of things-) well she wants that life even more. Min Soo is really a sad case because other crazy people spur her on to keep with the crazy and I really don't understand why that group of people would even think of going after Jung or anyone he cares about. If you ever think you are "winning" or "besting" Jung, that's because he's letting you think/do those things...She was basically Jennifer Jason Leigh from 'Single White Female'.

This isn't a spoiler because it was only a side note in the webtoon. In the drama do you guys think they will have Jung's  mom be a successful rich business woman making money in the US? (I remember Soonki added that on in the webtoon when fans kept asking about Jung's mom) or will they making her dead (please no). I thought his watch collection were gifts his mom sent him from the US or the countries she vists/stays in for business. I just remember in the webtoon Jung's mom was/is alive and that Jung wold sometimes globe trot with her on her business travels when he was a bit younger and less busy. I hope they keep it the same in the drama cause I don't want them using some "dead mommy issues" to try to justify or sympathize his behaviors. The character is more than the often used tropes and cliches in the webtoon so I hope they keep it that way in the drama. 

Yes, that's an interesting question/point. I am also a bit scared of what differences we will have between the webtoon and the drama sometimes. Because I don't want the drama to justify Jung's actions. I want to be able to analyze what Jung is doing critically if necessary, and not just let it slide because I feel sorry for him... So far, the drama has been pretty good in keeping a big part of enigma and ambivalence. So let's hope it stays like that...

@MrsSoJiSub - INisde joke so I am going to put this in spoiler tags....

Spoiler

Seol is no DS - her milkshake does not attract all the buys to her yard indeed. Plus she lives far away.... :P

@Nurul Choerunnisa Ha ha ha! I thought the same thing - I was like who si taht? Wait... what?!...

Jung: Dated girls or toyed with them?... That is the question!

Hi all... I have yet to watch this drama but Im keeping myself up to date with the webtoon and recaps and just loving Park Hae Jin. Arent we all?? hahaha so I couldnt help but post these pics... hope Im not reposting but Im sure no one minds to see him again right??? :wub:

@Ahpheng as always Im loving your c-strips. I always smile and giggle over them. Gosh I feel like I'm Yona fan-girling hahaha! ;)

Spoiler

9521b0b394e1f2b6ffd2122b04a78993.png

8dba8d0c07d06dc9697d0896432b8639.png

d5274a43c5d07af5868e46c405e4825b.png 6dd3240e90053379dfadcf842d8aebca.png

cr Naver

6 hours ago, TeamJung said:

Regarding the time when Jung deleted all her messages after their argument, let me clear it out for you. I can actually say i was like that too if i am mad at someone. Everytime i had an argument with someone, i just kind of delete some of the person's messages. There's no hard feelings and it doesn't mean i stop loving them. It's just a way i expressed my anger. That's it. It's a bit childish, tho LOL

PS: i'm not a sociopath, please don't label me too LOL

HAHA I do that too!!! Sometimes I even delete their number heh...

5 hours ago, plappi said:

New article http://sports.donga.com/News/3/all/20160122/76065134/1

MOD EDIT: Please do not quote images, gifs, and videos

color coordinated again ^^ like it.

Anyway...anyone here thinks that Seol i mean Kim Go Eun has a really nice and cute voice...even when she's casually talking the voice is really cute >___>

21 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@cheesethatnotsocheesey I did the test too... really interesting! I am ESFJ-A (Extraverted -Observant - Feeling- Judging!) labelled as the consul!!

As for Seol, I would say, she fits your personality @carolinedl Introverted - iNtuitive - Feeling Perceiving!! The mediator!

- Listen to many and talk to few

- "NFP personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better."

HS for example went to YG and tried to console him despite his bad reputation! 

Woah just knew that there is such a combination type like that~ the consul? u must be reliable for someone to tell they problem on then >__>. mine is the defender lmao

On 1/21/2016 at 6:58 PM, IreneY said:

@cheesethatnotsocheesey..i took the test...lol

How was it? Does it suit u well? kkkk~

3 hours ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

He did

Reveal hidden contents

That church boyfriend she mentioned.. he kept mentioning it after.. When he stayed up in Seol's room cuz of the stalker, he asked which one was her ex-bf in the photo album..and went "I'm still more handsome" LMAO.

Then when Seol went on a vacation with Bora and Eun Taek.. He was sulking..saying "so happy after going on a vacation with another man" =]]]]]]]]]]]

Omg.  Jung is such a dork.  Wonder if the ex will get mentioned again.

Archived