Guest ororomunroe

But gotta agree this relationship is so dangerous..

Today/Tomorrow/Post wedding..whenever in future.. if Seol ever falls short on YJ's standards.. would he start 'punishing' her? would he start losing interest in her?

The fact hat INTJ/ this kind of personality/ies exist in the world means the personalities are very real.. so what is the future for such people? .. changing personality can't be the solution.. they can never have a healthy close meaningful relationship with anyone? .. but then maybe 0 EQ helps them by saving them from the pain of lack of relationships.. because such personalities don't care abt such things..rn't envious or jealous of it.. 

Oh Man!..  is our lead married/hooked in real life.. how the hell has he never got a drama of his own.. i saw him first in from another star..and LOVED him there.. and now here..

( Does someone else get TWILIGHT feel to the whole setup? - Edward , Jacob, bella ( good thing is HS is not 1D as bella and focuses on looks only).. 

PS: The webtoon scene where YJ takes HS to home and the scene on the bed.. awww.. when would we be graced with its stills..

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to see so many new faces! Welcome!

After watching Ep 4, I feel that In Ho will be a good friend for Seol. A bit like Eun Taek perhaps...hahahaha. 

I believe Yoo Jung really likes her (from the scenes where he tries to help her) and Seol feels guilty about 'taking' in the relationship. So it is refreshing for Yoo Jung to have someone who is trying her best to give. But his silence and stoicness is going to cause a problem. 

Now that I think about it, I think Prof Kang had given a valuable lesson. She emphasised that communication was important when working together and commented that Seol found it easier to do things herself than be confident in the abilities of her groupmates. This is similar in her relationship with Yoo Jung. She is thinking hard about what Yoo Jung is thinking about and carrying the burden of the relationship by trying the second guess Yoo Jung motives and intentions. If Yoo Jung can open up and communicate with Seol, she might not be having the doubts from listening to Joo Yeon and In Ho. In the next episode, we get In Ha in the picture and I am sure something will be said and done to diminish her confidence in the relationship. 

Pardon me when I had mentioned that Yoo Jung was scary. I don't mean that he is a monster but he is able to give off the menacing vibe really well. If I was at the end of that stare or having the words 'I do not want to see you again', you darn well make sure he does not see you again. :blink:

GIF_zpsww3cpz9c.gif

(Ok, I am lying to myself - I would love his hands on my face, just not the words spoken) 

I usually don't like to say bad things about the characters in dramas but I am definitely not feeling the love for In Ha. And I have a feeling it is going to get worse. :vicx:

Hypothetical Q:

If HS were to love someone else.. how would YJ react?

My thoguhts:

1. Will stop talking to HS altogether and ignore her

2. And in the bg.. make life hell for the 'love interest' making sure they break up

Come to think of it.. YJ basically is any typical drama's second lead vamp :wub:

Jung x Seol for ever! I will go down with this ship!! 

Don't hate me guys but even in the webtoon i found inho a bit annoying..i was always "oh here he is again".. He is a bit too needy and attention seeking for my taste..plus.they were never anything more than friends in the webtoon, i think i said it 100 times already.. But yeah everyone can ship anything they want...

Hi, I haven't read the webtoon so there are soooo much I didn't know about the storyline. So I'm just gonna spill out my point of view. Correct me if my interpretation is wrong hehe

After watching episode 4, I kinda guess that Jung had a mental illness last year and he's getting better from it this year. If you noticed, in episode 4 he was coloring a sketching book. From what I know, coloring is one of the way to calm down your mental state. He didn't tell anyone about his mental state because it was an embarrassment to him. So this year he's trying to fix every mistakes he has done before, especially to the Baek siblings. He's also trying to get friendly with Seol because of how he treated her last year but end up falling for her. So I didn't think people should blame him or be scared of him because he's out of his control sometimes and he's still recovering from his illness. What he needs right now is some love and attention from the people around him, right? I'm just hoping that he will get better and recover fast. And I was wondering why TA Heo seems scared of Jung. Maybe he knows about Jung's secret hehe

On the other side, honestly I didn't see how InHo and Seol are fit to be together. I know lately they are getting closer and had fun together, but from what I see it, it looks nothing more than friends. And I'm sure Seol doesn't have any romantic feelings towards him because of how comfortable she is around him. But she was all weary and awkward around Jung because that just how some people feels around people they like, isn't?

So curious how the director will make the hospital scene between Jung n Seol.. in webtoon.. that scene is sooooo romantic for me.

Spoiler

The way he covered Seol with blanket because she is sleeping, the way he kneel down, staring to her and said 'My Girlfriend' 

How can this kid so romantic haha.. even i have screencaptured the webtoon pict lol 

@NRGchick I caught on to that subtle threateningly and it gave me so much life. I had to pause to crack up when I saw it. I found that funny land hella good boyfriend on his part. Don't mess with my girl cause I'll be here all week and you know what happens when I get mad, I love him. Then whenever he does drop by the TA is quick to back of Seol LOL. Jung is the best. 

@40somethingahjumma back in the days when I used to wish for a Korean adaption of death note. I always fan casted PHJ for the role of L.

@enigmatic_zephy I don't think he would purposely sabatogue the relationship. I think held go back to being cold and indifferent and distant on the the outside. But have it really bother him as in he'll secretly make sure the guy is a good guy (ask around campus about him) and would treat Seol well. For all his faults and issues Jung is not the level of crazy had guy fans are building him to be in their heads LOL. I hope the team didn't change the one aspect of his character which is to respect Seol's wishes when a certain situation happens. Anyways I think he'll react like the pretend it doesn't bother me when it does and back to cold cold Mr. Darcy mode. 

@madlena I too can't stand webtoon Inho but I do like him here in the drama and find him a nice friend for Seol. I'm team Jung too but I do enjoy her interactions with Inho and like the foil that he is for now. I too hope they never cross the line because in the webtoon it's very clear how Seol feels for both guys and the differences in those feelings. 

I'm welcoming myself to this thread. Park hae jin creepiness in bad boys lead me into this! :wub:

After considering a few dramas after Reply 1988, this is it! I have check the webtoon a few months back but cannot spent time to read it all that. Hopefully, i'll ship this dark couple. 

28 minutes ago, Chizawa95 said:

So curious how the director will make the hospital scene between Jung n Seol.. in webtoon.. that scene is sooooo romantic for me.

Reveal hidden contents

The way he covered Seol with blanket because she is sleeping, the way he kneel down, staring to her and said 'My Girlfriend' 

How can this kid so romantic haha.. even i have screencaptured the webtoon pict lol 

Pray tell..which chapter is it in webtoon..i want to read the chapter :) 

14 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

@enigmatic_zephy I don't think he would purposely sabatogue the relationship. I think held go back to being cold and indifferent and distant on the the outside. But have it really bother him as in he'll secretly make sure the guy is a good guy (ask around campus about him) and would treat Seol well. For all his faults and issues Jung is not the level of crazy had guy fans are building him to be in their heads LOL. I hope the team didn't change the one aspect of his character which is to respect Seol's wishes when a certain situation happens. Anyways I think he'll react like the pretend it doesn't bother me when it does and back to cold cold Mr. Darcy mode. 

Actually i agree... you got it right..

It is frustrating..waiting for 6=7 days for another episode..

Oh no... The second lead syndrome is starting to kick in. I am usually wary when that feeling starts because I always get broken-hearted in the end, but good thing Hae Jin is so hard to resist so at least I won't be rooting so hard for anyone in particular. I guess this drama wouldn't be so tough on my heart then because I'm loving both leads. :wub:

1 hour ago, an-naum said:

I'm welcoming myself to this thread. Park hae jin creepiness in bad boys lead me into this! :wub:

After considering a few dramas after Reply 1988, this is it! I have check the webtoon a few months back but cannot spent time to read it all that. Hopefully, i'll ship this dark couple. 

Welcome on board!:grin:

Doesn't anyone find it strange that YJ's father seems to be more concerned about the Baek siblings than his own son!?

Moreover, the way YJ is acting towards IH and his sister reminds me of the parents' duties. He is the one who makes the decision and gives instructions to his own father, while the latter only gives him some advice.

As for YJ, I don't find him that dark at all. Actually, I like the way he supports HS the whole time. He never boasts about his good actions, especially when it comes to her. He behaves like the opposite of the guy she dated!

14 minutes ago, SimpleWorld said:

I really can't Understand YJ!! why he become like that? if he have such scary dark side,then who will be original couple?? InHa and seol???? nooooooooo... :(

No dont worry, jung and seol is the couple..and also don't worry he is not mean, it's just that he has a different way of thinking...

2 hours ago, madlena said:

Jung x Seol for ever! I will go down with this ship!! 

Don't hate me guys but even in the webtoon i found inho a bit annoying..i was always "oh here he is again".. He is a bit too needy and attention seeking for my taste..plus.they were never anything more than friends in the webtoon, i think i said it 100 times already.. But yeah everyone can ship anything they want...

And you're not alone )))  In some interviews director said that PHJ and KGE should dating in real, so much they himichal as Seol and YJ.

Me too! So many people like IH, but I started reading webtoon and already in the middle of season 2. And I didn't like IH character at all.

14 minutes ago, Le_Amarant said:

No. YJ is competent enough. What is there to be concerned about?

What I meant is that the only topic exchanged between YJ and his father is the situation about the siblings. As a father, he should call him in order to talk to him. However, their conversation is so reduced to that topic.

He could ask if he has a girlfriend, how his studies are going, even if he knows that YJ is intelligent and good enough. What I meant he could show that he cares for his son as well. The father has no idea how YJ's life is. I am myself a grown-up and my mother keeps calling me so that we can chat a little. Here, we saw nothing like that! I am missing some affection from the father

4 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

What I meant is that the only topic exchanged between YJ and his father is the situation about the siblings. As a father, he should call him in order to talk to him. However, their conversation is so reduced to that topic.

He could ask if he has a girlfriend, how his studies are going, even if he knows that YJ is intelligent and good enough. What I meant he could show that he cares for his son as well. The father has no idea how YJ's life is. I am myself a grown-up and my mother keeps calling me so that we can chat a little. Here, we saw nothing like that! I am missing some affection from the father

I agree with you. 

Father is so confident that his son was blame for injury IH hand, so switched all his attention on IH. 

To me, YJ might not have been entirely responsible for the incident with IH's hand. Yes, he witnessed what was happening, but we don't know how the fight started and maybe YJ acted the same with HS' incident with the drunk man. He called for security. Imagine if YJ was there alone and IH was attacked by three or four people with weapons?! I can understand if YJ decided to step back and call for police... but in IH's eyes, YJ's action would have appeared like a betrayal and a cowardice! HS misjudged YJ for the changed schedule and YJ never bothered to prove her that she was prejudiced towards him. Based on YJ's behaviour, I can definitely imagine that YJ has never tried to change IH's point of view knowing that IH would never believe him. The other reason is that he might have felt guilty for IH's injury if he acted like I have imagined therefore he allowed his father to support IH. 

Archived