Guest ororomunroe

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Le_Amarant said:

Does anyone have a site that IDs Seol's outfits? Her fashion is so unique and interesting. It's combos that are objectively fugly yet look great on her.

Her outfits are absolutely adorable! Not fugly at all. A lot of k-netizens feel the same way. Here are some sites that I found:

https://www.instagram.com/fafiainseoul/

https://www.instagram.com/koncept8767/

Also, Naver's Cheese In The Trap page has a section on the outfits. [NAVER]

53 minutes ago, madlena said:

@Moongazer   i don't think that is the song from ep 3...think they didnt release it yet....

am not so sure either  but i think you are right. i heard it once again and seems it was from either ep 1 or 2.still a cute fans vid though :)hmm i think this is the first drama that force me to even googling their OST.  

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

To me, she has internalised not to get helped and to be mistreated by others. Her father doesn't want to support her at all and she is used to it. She even allowed IH to abuse her first... only later, she put a stop to it. Sure, IH forced her to react and confront him, while YJ is acting more like a dark knight who protects his damsel. IH's method is that she learns to defend herself, while YJ wants her to rely on him. I can understand why YJ is acting like that, because if you look carefully, he is such a lonely person. He has no real friends, only people who want something from him.

No real friends? How bout the guy who always be with him in College?

Im not sure whats his name, but He seems pretty close with YJ..:phew:

I'm re-watching again ep1-4, still excited watching it again, Monday.....pls come soon!!   

this is the song everyone's bn looking for, I already asked Siri but she doesn't know who sang it, lol. Just hv to wait for official ost title release then.:grin:

1 hour ago, Le_Amarant said:

Does anyone have a site that IDs Seol's outfits? Her fashion is so unique and interesting. It's combos that are objectively fugly yet look great on her.

I call that hobo chic. Even though I don't know much about fashion, I'd like to write a post about her outfits [because we dress alike] [though I'm too old to wear overalls]

@demarchelier, thanks for the links. Great help to those who want to copy her style. Great source for my post as well. :sweatingbullets:

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

@MiAmour IT's not because someone is following you or spending time with you that he can be considered as real friend. YJ doesn't confine to anyone...

I will give you another example: Although he was often with Joo-Yeon, he never showed any special treatment. He allowed her to stay with him therefore she was willing ti misinterprete his behaviour. To me, he is acting like that with the other students. This also explains why he didn't know about Do-Hyun's bad reputation. 

@ic808, Thank you for background info. from webtoon.   (page 74)

@hrkharis     hello-2010.gif, Great to see you again!

@Moongazer, thank you for OST videos

@nuguseyo, welcome to CITT thread... :)

Many complaints about  Lee Sung-Kyung over acting. I agree she needs to tone it down. At the same time, I also do not like Seo Kang-Joon's over-acting either. They both can take a lesson from Park Hae-Jin and Kim Go-Eun, IMO.

Lee Sung-kyung’s acting skills harshly criticized

Read more HERE

@rhaps I agree with you. YJ is lacking in the social departement. He doesn't know certain gestures (f. ex. high 5) or doesn't know how to text to his girlfriend or play games with people (because he played games at home alone!). HS is actually his first girlfriend, just like YJ is his first boyfriend which explains why it was normal for both of them this awkwardness. Moreover, they come from two different worlds.

I didn't like IH's last remark about YJ (implying that he was selfish, since he would never feel concerned for others!). IH was rude in my opinion. How can he judge YJ in front of HS, although he didn't spend much time with YJ and didn't see him for a long time.

Decided to post in the forum because of my love for the drama. I was not familiar with the casts playing the leads but I started to like them after watching CITT. Wow...the feeling I got from this drama is just amazing. I was instantly hooked on it after 2 episodes! Now I'm going to follow it every week. The plot, acting and cinematography of the drama just feel right. I don't read the webtoon and am not going to read it btw, but I like the drama at its own merit. What a nice gem after so many disappointing dramas offered in k-scene.

@Ayu Rashid

Thank you for that video. I am also desperately trying to find the song. Hope they release it soon.

And I absolutely love the cinematography here. The muted colours give a very dreamy atmosphere. As she was walking down the street with Yoo Jung behind her, there was a shot of her hand by her side , softly patting her skirt and then a shot of Yoo Jung's face. It seemed to me as if he wanted to hold her hand. 

U r most welcomed @NRGchick, I find myself humming to it sometimes, calming melody and voice..;)

I've just realised that I had watched all of PHJ's dramas from East of Eden onwards minus his Chinese dramas n movies and also watched him in Family Outing. Here is an interesting article I just read, lol the director shipped them too.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/12/cheese-in-the-trap-director-says-park-hae-jin-and-kim-go-eun-should-date-in-real-life

Can you believe that I have yet to see Love from The Stars? Haha... My first exposure to Park Hae Jin was Bad Guys (MUST WATCH!)

For me, In Ho may be portrayed as a second love interest for Seol but I am already set for Yoo Jung and Seol (forever!). It may be unfair for him to keep blaming YJ for what happened to his hand and perhaps it was a misunderstanding. Seeing how Yoo Jung rarely explains his behaviour or what he does, In Ho may have thought that YJ had a direct connection with what happened. I think I saw In Ho in the hospital briefly in the preview so many we will find out more? 

PS. I have not read the webtoon but anyone enlighten me why Seol was sleeping on the bench? And Yoo Jung lightly touches her fingers? Please put under spoiler tags. Many thanks! 

And reading that article, we can expect hugging and kissing scenes! :wub:

@bebebisous33, I did not like IH's comment about YJ either...  He keeps warning HS from YJ but we don't really know what happened.  I also do not understand the relationship, why YJ's father keeps giving money to the Baek kids? And why do the Baek kids act as though they deserve it so much. Have I missed something already or will it be revealed later?

Some of you here wrote about YJ that he is sort of a mystery man, and some even thought he was a psychopath.  What I do see is that as @rhaps, and @bebebisous33 wrote, he lacks some social skills. It is interesting to see him in this position, as he has sort of magnetic persona, and everyone seem to respect him and be around him.

@bebebisous33, I also agree that he and HS, are both first time BG/GF so they are not totally sure what to do with it.

But YJ is protective of HS. He saved her from those drunks that evening; He walks her home because her neighborhood is not safe; When she said she wanted to learn English, he arranged that for her (although she does not know that); He even waited her near her home to make sure she arrived home safe. He bought her dinner, but she with her poor social skills ordered the cheapest item on the menu and remained hungry. Was he aware of that? I almost wanted him to tell her, she can order anything she wants, etc. He has done more, but she does not know it. For example, he sent the security guards to save her from the drunk man. People suspected he was behind the incident that HS was dropped from the class, but he wasn't; He even found the culprit. Furthermore, he went and took the other class that HS ended up taking instead.  He almost feels like a knight in shining armor. He always ends up better than he seems.

IH, on the other hand, has been rude. He made her pay for his dinner, simply for returning her cell phone. Several times he grubbed her, in a way he should not have, and may have even inflict pain on her. But because he is straight-forward, she seems at ease with him.

Ratings information:

12548894_10207126205207962_1831113412988

Here is  a short write up.

Cheese in the Trap: Narcissist and Doormat

Despite not having any background wrt Cheese webtoon, I am enjoying its drama adaptation. Mainly cos Seol and Jung make for such good character studies. I’ve only juz completed watching the subbed ep3, and whoa, juz a short 1h (or less), has reveal much about Seol and Jung.

cheese16

Read more HERE

16 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

What I meant is that the only topic exchanged between YJ and his father is the situation about the siblings. As a father, he should call him in order to talk to him. However, their conversation is so reduced to that topic.

He could ask if he has a girlfriend, how his studies are going, even if he knows that YJ is intelligent and good enough. What I meant he could show that he cares for his son as well. The father has no idea how YJ's life is. I am myself a grown-up and my mother keeps calling me so that we can chat a little. Here, we saw nothing like that! I am missing some affection from the father

I think this kinda explains YJ's cold personality (though I'm not sure since I know nothing about the webtoon).  Because social learning explains that our behaviors are learned from observing and interacting with other people - and primarily, it's our parents who serve as models.  So if YJ grew up with such a closed off and unaffected father - all business and nothing personal- then YJ also ends up being closed off and unaffected when it comes to other people.  Because for him, that's the standard that he should base his actions on.  But since he's smart, he's learned that for other people, that kind of trait isn't acceptable, so he tries to only show his nice side even though internally, he doesn't care at all.  Of course, that all changes once Seol comes into the picture.  *Cue melting of frozen heart... *

@bebebisous33 tq.  i call them dark couple not bcoz of a bad way.

We have a darkside of ourself that sometimes we dont even know or notice.

As HS, her friends was kind enough to help her to open up. What a true friend. Dont just bottle up ur emotion. It will eat u up! The witch Kang's class was good for her bcoz it did teach her about teamwork. It happen for reason. I like it! I dont know the actress but she was great! HS hair is a mess! 

As for YJ, his darkness made him a mystery. Interesting person. Thank God he are not acting like a chaebol!  I dont like chaebol story (rich & famous are not for me). Too plastic! So far, his father looked calm, hmmm I wonder will it remain the same? Let's find out soon. Watch Park Hae Jin in Family outing and compare it with now! Chubby/innocent vs matured/cool! 

They are not perfect. So YJ n HS will completed each other.

No need to ask others what will next based on webtoon or ask the spoiler; either u read it urself or just follow the drama til end. Peace :heart: If too much comparison with the webtoon, u will not enjoy the drama. Just read them to know the basic story. 

16 hours ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

I agree with this and Jung's feelings on that is touched upon in the webtoon. There are just so many ways he and Seol are alike (we saw her father being an asshat too). I can't wait for the drama to hopefully get into somethings. 

Omigosh, yes.  What a pompous jerk.  Especially when he blamed his wife for all his "bad luck".  It's no wonder Seol feels insecure about YJ's feelings for her.  Her father (who's supposed to be a role model for how guys should treat her) basically makes her feel worthless and small.  I'd also feel bad to come home to that kind of maltreatment.  At least her mom's such a nice person...

7 minutes ago, miss-guided said:

I think this kinda explains YJ's cold personality (though I'm not sure since I know nothing about the webtoon).  Because social learning explains that our behaviors are learned from observing and interacting with other people - and primarily, it's our parents who serve as models.  So if YJ grew up with such a closed off and unaffected father - all business and nothing personal- then YJ also ends up being closed off and unaffected when it comes to other people.  Because for him, that's the standard that he should base his actions on.  But since he's smart, he's learned that for other people, that kind of trait isn't acceptable, so he tries to only show his nice side even though internally, he doesn't care at all.  Of course, that all changes once Seol comes into the picture.  *Cue melting of frozen heart... *

Yes and no... He has learnt that people around never showed real affections towards him. They were all interested in something like f. ex.  Joo Yeon wanted to become his girlfriend and she tried to push the competition away. So her way to become his girlfriend was nothing affectionate. What she did to HS, she must have done it to others too... so instead of focussing to show her "love" and "affection" for him, she thought, it was better to fight against the others. She was selfish and rude, yet she believed that since YJ allowed her to stay by his side and never made any comment, she could do it.

Another example: SC wanted to use YJ for his money

Do Hyun who knew that YJ is good and allowed him to do his work...

In Ha is another example. She fakes her emotions and her affection for him first and YJ is well aware of it.

To conclude, he only witnessed cold and manipulative people too. Where should he learn how to express his feelings and show some warmth. He is showing it but not with words towards HS and that's his problem. Finally, the lack of communication between father and son explains why YJ doesn't communicate to others as well.

@irilight I am thinking like you: I'm so swayed by YJ's behaviour. As for HS, she isn't perfect either because she needs to stop people from walking on her! However, I can imagine, she can be easily manipulated IH and JY have already started saying things about YJ and as she lacks confidence, she will start doubting him. YJ's next move should be to communicate and interact more with HS! IF he starts giving her orders, this can't end well.  

Archived