Guest ororomunroe

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Through out the eps, I was like

"Don't fall for that smile. He's the devil himself. Don't fall for that smile! Don't.. Can I fall for that smile for once? No?"

That's must have been like for HS. *sigh* So hard. Well at least the devil won't harm you now. He is YOUR boyfriend! How I envy you.

So, I am guessing half the time she agrees to YJs because she really doesn't want him miffed..lest that ends up in her year 1 being repeated...

I think there is a fear that if he is angry he will make her life hell..

And at the same time...she is facing what any of us in real life would...you may not like a person..but if he drop dead gorgeous and perfect by industry standards..if such a man starts giving you attention .. then there is no way your hormones will let you think straight..

I can't believe it...The relationships (forgetting we really know who the lead is).. are so complicated..unlike any other drama (including BOF where Rui was obviously the right choice :wub:) ..

1. Seol.. feels genuinely happy and free in in Ho's company (more than Bora) .. he is her sunshine

2. But the one she really discusses her problems with is YJ... 

3. Physical attraction YJ (well because he came first in life..otherwise as per webtoon In Ho is supposedly very good looking as well and HS admits that)

4. My guess.. the one who can really make her laugh, let loose is In Ho

5. But the one who can make her feel safe .. be that rock solid pillar of support is YJ..

Q: Why is the conflict always between two drop dead gorgeous men :P .. are women that shallow... that the 'hero' = handsome, rich, trophy bf :P ..

The actress playing in Ha is soooo pretty... little OTT but man pretty!

All the cast - debak..

But in all of this...the actual perfect bf material is ET :P 

Q: Can someone please please please... give the background why YJ started liking HS? What fight happened and she still supported him?

Guest 999hearts

These past few weeks, I've been looking for a drama that could get me back to drama-mode. And THIS MIGHT BE IT!!!

Since the dramas I'm genuinely excited about are still months away from being aired, I decided to watch CITT on a whim (was it the bright-colored promotional images? Or was it because of Park Hae Jin? I'm still not sure...) Lucky me, I realized I could livestream ep 4 just riiggghhht after I had finished ep 3.

This is still ep. 4 and I already have so many feeelz.

I'm sure a lot of people have said this before but let me put my two cents out there.

In YWCFTS, PHJ was originally cast for the role of Jae Kyung, the evil brother of Hwi Kyung. But instead, he ended up portraying the sweet, caring, lovable, and Cheon Song Yi-obsessed Hwi Kyung. PHJ managed to portray Hwi Kyung so good that I thought, "psheeesh, the casting people must've been crazy for casting PHJ as an evil manipulator."

After watching four eps of CITT, I was so wrong. PHJ is capable of portraying two different sides of a character.

YJ is so creepy that I kept silently yelling "WHAT IS HIS PROBLEM??? Does he have a disorder that will only be discovered on the final ep? Can someone be as creepy as him in real life despite being a seemingly-perfect person?"

Does anybody here share my frustration??

On the other side, I'm really satisfied of KGE's acting. The way HS stutters, her movements, as well was the way she interacts with her surroundings. I honestly think Suzy wouldn't have been able to portray HS that well (IMHO she hasn't even reached that versatility as an actress) The supporting roles are fun to watch too :)

I'm so excited about CITT!! I hope it'll continue to be an engaging drama with great pace and plot development. One can only hope ;)

Guest 999hearts
34 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Q: Can someone please please please... give the background why YJ started liking HS?

CMIIW, there was a speculation (not sure if this is confirmed or not?) somewhere in the webtoon forum that YJ started taking an interest on HS because he thinks they have similarities and HS isn't like other people who latch onto him and his rich background to take advantage (ex. the Baek siblings) YJ is smart, HS is also smart. And HS originally wasn't that interested in YJ unlike other girls.

That's why YJ despise the Baek siblings so much because in his eyes, the way they financially rely on his father/family is considered as low and that despicable. HS is seen as different bc she worked hard until she had to give up a year of her studies to do part-time jobs in order to save up for tuition (whereas I guess in Korea, graduating "on-time" is seen as really important) In response, YJ gave up his scholarship for HS.

I can't tell you the details, though, since I'm not that hooked enough to be reading the webtoon haha I've only read the recently translated ep of the webtoon.

CMIIW, chingudeul~

Hi chingu !! First post after years of silent reading. I'm already in love with this drama ! The chemistry between BIHxHS and YJxHS is killing me ! The only thing i don't like in this drama is Baek In Ha's personality. Frankly, she's just useless for now and especially annoying !

I got so hooked after watching the first two episodes, I had to read the webtoon and all I can say is that I'm in love and addicted!! 

And ahhhh.... I also want a Yoo Jung Sunbae in my life hahaha.

The story is so relatable, maybe because I'm an university student??  

The Hong Seol in the drama is really lovelable! I think she matches Yoo Jung Sunbae more, they give me those 'lovers' feeling, maybe because they're alike, but still different.... opposites attracts each other right?  With In Ho I get more of a brother-like-friend feeling. Seems like there's no second lead syndrome for me (I'm swoon by the character tho) xD

Ps. I did see on asianwiki that someone is playing Oh Younggon, but he's not appearing yet, which feels weird somehow. Even that man with the cap in the preview is the neighboorhood pervert, I think... (Seol and Juyong (neighbor) and the landlady's 'grandson' were talking about in episode 4.) But... we'll see... can't wait for next week!! 

@Le_Amarant I don't have a problem with Jung's dark side either. Mainly because he uses it for good and not evil (I can feel the thousand eyes looking at me like...WTF she drinking LOL). To me his like a dark, dark, dark, dark knight batman. He doesn't manipulate and do richard simmons to genuinely good and real people. He seems to only go after those who are shady as richard simmons, had it coming, or walked in to it through their own evil deeds. I won't spoil the webtoon. But case in point, San Chul. That dude is an richard simmons hat and a half and such a little richard simmons. He was stealing from the students and then let's not even count dropping Seol's much needed class, and the richard simmons he pulled with the group project. I for one am happy that Jung played puppet master and exposed him. No one forced dude with glasses to post the receipt online. Glasses dude choose to avenge San Chul in that manner his self. Like Jung had said, he could have simply thrown the receipt away or confronted San Chul with it one on one. Who's to blame that when given a chance (and the knowledge that they most likely never get caught) people give into their own dark desires.

Threatening that one dude. The guy was a rapist. If Jung hadn't stepped in when he had Seol would have woken up in some hotel room horribly violated and her life changed in ways we can't even imagine. That rapist would have went after not only Seol but other girls on campus if Dark Knight Jung had not stepped in and shook him with fear like he did.

Nam Jeon. Okay touching her face the way he did...wae writers? Other than that, homegirl deserved a threatening. She sent a drunk very adult man after Seol who was all alone in that building. Seol is lucky that Jung called the cops and that a scar on her arm is all she got. The man could have raped Seol, in his drunkenness he could have attacked her with the bottle and like slit her throat, anything could have happened and Nam Jeon sending him after Seol was just...I would more than scary run my fingers down her face if I was Jung.

There are more people to come and more things to happen, but a lot of people do it to themselves. I have yet to see Jung really go after anyone who is "innocent" (yeah yeah who is he to decide these things but who is any vigilant to dole out justice?). Even Inha, she is a grown richard simmons girl. Why is she still living off the coattails of Jung and his family? I would get it if she even bothered trying to work or go to school or do something half useful with the money. But you'll see that girl is vicious and nah why should Jung have to finically support her all her life while she lives the high life on his dime. I think it's wise for him to want them to become finically independent and wise for them, dude and his drama queen emotions (even if I am not so down with the all the reasons why he's doing that). Ain't no body got time to be taking care of you and your grandkids, grandbabies when I need to be thinking of me and mine.

Baek Inho....we don't know what happened. We have legit gotten everything from Inho's POV. There are two (neh, 3 sides) to every story, yours, mine (and the truth). Until I get to see Jung's POV on things or a third parties, I'm holding off on judging either boys on that one.

Seol. Yeah it's pretty richard simmons up how he had her chasing after her own tail when trying to find out who dropped her class. But girl was (and sometimes still is) fixated on making him the bad guy and this great big bad, when he's not that bad. Like he himself said "if I told you it wasn't me, would you have believed me?". I love Seol and I get her and even applaud a lot of her stances when it comes to him, but much of it to me is paranoia. You don't have to be a murdering genius to find out one's work schedule. If I liked a boy all I got to do is drop by his job one day, order some food, ask "oh so and so doesn't work today?" the person tells me their work schedule and I conveniently drop by to order food whenever they work in hopes that by seeing my face often he will remember me and one day I will work up the courage to say something to them. Nothing too stalker and serial killer about that. Her class schedule, they legit coincidentally had one class together, the other class he deliberately switched to after having seen she was taking that class. Again if I like you I could see myself doing the same (especially if I was as smart as Jung and could ace any course and considering my future is set, I don't really have to worry about none of that). Not all the times that Jung bumps into Seol was he watching and waiting in some dark corner ready to attack LOL. Sometimes it was just random by chance and sometimes he asked about her whereabouts (Bora, Ah Jeong).

TL:DR, Yoo Jung is dark but not serial killer, Seol run for your life dark. He is a dark dark knight Batman. Protecting our heroine and himself from all the crazy that surrounds them.

1 hour ago, 999hearts said:

CMIIW, there was a speculation (not sure if this is confirmed or not?) somewhere in the webtoon forum that YJ started taking an interest on HS because he thinks they have similarities and HS isn't like other people who latch onto him and his rich background to take advantage (ex. the Baek siblings) YJ is smart, HS is also smart. And HS originally wasn't that interested in YJ unlike other girls.

That's why YJ despise the Baek siblings so much because in his eyes, the way they financially rely on his father/family is considered as low and that despicable. HS is seen as different bc she worked hard until she had to give up a year of her studies to do part-time jobs in order to save up for tuition (whereas I guess in Korea, graduating "on-time" is seen as really important) In response, YJ gave up his scholarship for HS.

I can't tell you the details, though, since I'm not that hooked enough to be reading the webtoon haha I've only read the recently translated ep of the webtoon.

CMIIW, chingudeul~

I have never read the webtoon, but based on the first three episodes I watched I came to the very same conclusion: HS is different from the others who tried to get YJ's attention and support, yet she shares some similarities with YJ: intelligence, hardworking, kindness towards people.

But there is something else too. She witnessed YJ's dark side in the pub (when he dropped the beer on the girl intentionally to get rid of her). Not only HS realised his true intention but also she caught him smirking (his micro-expression rvealed his gloaming) and if you pay close attention to her facial expression, she smirked too... which he observed too. Her reaction revealed that she wasn't that upset. She didn't denunciate him at all. To conclude, she realised YJ's true personality, but wasn't that disgusted. I can imagine that YJ was attracted because of her first reaction. Moreover, he enjoyed it later that she kept suspecting him for her misfortune. He was glad that someone was finally seeing his true personality and didn't judge him for his good looks.

As for YJ being creepy and manipulative, I don't see him so creepy, f. ex. the girl in the pub who received that beer on her skirt was kind of gluing to him and I am sure, she wouldn't have listened to YJ's refusal. As for Sang-Chul's case (episode 1), SC was trying to take advantage from YJ and the others. YJ only gave the bill to JW so that the latter would denunciate him. However, SC was indeed abusing his power over JW and YJ. He was mistreating a lot of people. He found out what SC did to HS later, but this time he didn't reveal the truth to HS as he was well aware that SC was put more under pressure. HS even tried to convince herself later that the person who did it must have been desesperated. So she wasn't faraway from the truth. To conclude, his way of dealing with people is okay in my opinion. He might manipulate, but he has a strong sense of justice. Compared to him, HS who asked the whole time for support from her group, tried play nice /by the rules got punished because the other students abused her. Therefore, this is another reason why YJ is attracted to her. She seems so pure and innocent compared to him.

As for the Witch Kang, I don't understand her grade at all. As a teacher myself, I would never blame the one who did the whole work because it's definitely unfair. I always give a grade for each person in a group! Moreover what should HS have done to have them work? They were lying all the time. Refusing to work wouldn't have been the answer in the end.  

Final comment for tonight: Baek In-Ho is acting the exact opposite of YJ. He is rude, hot-tempered but direct! That's his problem. He doesn't care about manners. I do believe, that YJ isn't the only one to blame for IH's injury. I think, YJ might be right to a certain extent that IH is blaming the others for his misery. however, he had the opportunity to get treated and he got financial support for a long time so even if YJ did something wrong, at some point it has to end. IT's not like YJ killed someone...

But okay, that's my opinion but I hope, I won't get criticised for it! 

To me, the real badasses are the "rapist" Do-Hyun or Joo-Yeon!!

@Kasmic As you can see, I am still writing long comments! :glasses: 

32 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I have never read the webtoon, but based on the first three episodes I watched I came to the very same conclusion: HS is different from the others who tried to get YJ's attention and support, yet she shares some similarities with YJ: intelligence, hardworking, kindness towards people.

YJ does not harbor any innate kindness towards people. If anything, he's ambivalent/irritated with the plebeian masses. I dislike the attempts to white-wash his character because people HAVE to stick to a black-and-white, good-and-bad template. It's way more interesting if he's actually manipulative. There's nothing wrong with being manipulative in the real world. If you want to get anywhere in life, you better learn how to play people politics.

I also wouldn't characterize YJ as particularly hard working or diligent. He's super smart and he works efficiently. He isn't slogging it through like Seol. He's that kid in college that puts in minimal effort for maximum gain.

If anything, YJ got interested in Seol because she's a smart cookie.

Guest 999hearts

@bebebisous33 hi, there! I really like your analysis :D I read a little bit more after posting that reply and would have to agree with you on HS spotting YJ's true personality when everyone else is too busy admiring his wealth, intelligence, and look. However, I'm not so sure about his "strong sense of justice" as I'm still clueless on what really happened between YJ and In Ho.

For now, here are some things I want the drama to explain preferably asap:

1. YJ and In Ho's conflict (if this has been explained in the webtoon, I don't mind being given spoilers hehe)
  2. The thing that YJ did to HS that was so bad, resulting in HS' temporary leave from uni.

By the way, it's amazing how many Richard Simmons are revealed so early! So far, the ones that are on my Richard Simmons list include: In Ha, Sang Chul (including HS' groupmates for the presentation), Joo Yeon, and HS' dad. How many new Richards will we encounter by the end of CITT?! :lol: 

EDIT: Witch Kang's method seems to take root from the collective culture of Korea. My lecturer said in terms of Korean corporate culture, it's common for workers to be assigned to a team. It is so collective that failure of one member is considered as the failure of all team members. Witch Kang applied that working culture to prepare her students for the future. But I agree it shouldn't make HS' grade suffer that bad since she did a really good job in covering her groupmates' work...

13 minutes ago, 999hearts said:

@bebebisous33 hi, there! I really like your analysis :D I read a little bit more after posting that reply and would have to agree with you on HS spotting YJ's true personality when everyone else is too busy admiring his wealth, intelligence, and look. However, I'm not so sure about his "strong sense of justice" as I'm still clueless on what really happened between YJ and In Ho.

For now, here are some things I want the drama to explain preferably asap:

1. YJ and In Ho's conflict (if this has been explained in the webtoon, I don't mind being given spoilers hehe)
  2. The thing that YJ did to HS that was so bad, resulting in HS' temporary leave from uni.

By the way, it's amazing how many Richard Simmons are revealed so early! So far, the ones that are on my Richard Simmons list include: In Ha, Sang Chul (including HS' groupmates for the presentation), Joo Yeon, and HS' dad. How many new Richards will we encounter by the end of CITT?! :lol: 

Hi ! Sorry I'm a foreigner and I don't understand this reference. Can you explain to me please ?!

HS and Jung are similar, some characters think. I hope the scriptwriter includes that bit later on.

I don't care about Jung or InHo because I'm a EunTaek shipper. Go, bb! 

I watched the 4th ep this morning, and of course, I didn't understand anything. :sweatingbullets: But it's all good because I was able to focus on Jung's expressions. 

@999hearts, include in that list a Seol-wannabe. This girl's transformation is so subtle, but in her final form as a clone, she's a force even I would like to get violent with. One of my favorite parts of the webtoon is a symmetrical drawing of Seol and her brother, who happens to be this clone's imaginary boyfriend. I'll insert the picture later.

@koyangi06, it's the swear filter working. If you comment a curse word, our system substitutes "Richard Simmons" for it. :D 

For characters like Jung, you can read up on the Byronic Hero, an archetypal character in literature. Or read about INTJ, an MBTI personality classification. Fictional figures like him include Naoki Irie (It Started with a Kiss franchise), He Yi Chen (My Sunshine/Silent Separation), Mr. Darcy (Pride and Prejudice), Sherlock (Sherlock Holmes) and Gregory House (House MD). Powerful villains and historical serial killers also happen to be INTJs. 

I'm so glad I woke up early to catch the subbed version of episode 4! I have not read the webtoon thus I'm now so confused as to why Jung is behaving like that, ie: sometimes so cold to Seol, sometimes so warm to her. 

He's giving me the idea that he's only asking her to be his girlfriend cuz he couldn't stand the 2nd lead handing around Seol and them being friendly to each other. 

Nonetheless,the episode 5 preview is making me very excited! Can Monday come soon???

Archived