Guest ororomunroe

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all honesty, I really appreciate how YJ reads people.  It's like the pot calling the kettle black.  The only people who know his cruel side are those who are also capable of showing it.  The fat senior, the Baek siblings, TA Heo, his b*tchy ex (I can't remember their names)... They all feel entitled over something without actually making any worthy effort to deserve it.  The ex said that no one knows how cruel YJ really is - but he's not the one who sent a hobo to attack Seol.  Sure, he threatens imminent danger, but he tries not to act on it (I think he actually prefers subtle threats since they're more entertaining for him).  TA Heo and the fat senior are kinda similar.  They manipulate others so that they can continue being lazy.  If anything happens, fat senior blames it on the injustice to poor people like him (but Seol is just as desperate as he is, yet you can see how much effort she puts in).  TA Heo would just use his authority to get away with things and blames "kids these days" for being self-righteous and entitled.  In Ha is basically just squeezing the cash cow dry.  She's aware of the noblesse oblige and abuses it to all extent.  She probably thinks it's not her fault that she wasn't born with a silver spoon.  So she's gonna live her life trying to catch up.  In Ho's better.  He's actually a great guy.  Except that he's putting all the blame on YJ.  Yes, YJ should have done something about it.  But he's not the one who stomped on his hand.  Why isn't he breaking those guys' side mirrors? I'm sure his anger is more about the betrayed trust, but it wasn't all YJ's fault and I think YJ is angry at the fact that the Baek siblings haven't let things go yet (since YJ's logic is more black and white: he made a mistake, tried to correct it - with money and rehab, cuz the guy thinks putting a band aid on it is gonna cure everything, and for him- this should be enough.  Rich people.  Jeez).  Well, In Ho might not really belong on this list.  What he and YJ need is to just go to couples therapy so that they can bring back the bromance.

Then again, I'm just assuming these things.  Basically, what I'm saying is:  These people keep complaining about YJ's cruelty, but they are just as capable of being cold and selfish as he is.

Guys about lee.sung kyungs acting... At first i thought that they were too harsh on her cause she seemed ok for the brief moments she appeared on...but omg on ep 4 her acting annoyed the hell out of me!! It was just too much yelling, screeching, body movements and eye popping... You dont have to exaggerate and overact cause it seems like you are trying to hide your inexperience.and your lack of acting chops. She needs to relax that girl!!  Well the bad thing is that the drama is preproduced (which is a good thing in general) and she can't fix it!!

@madlena

I hope that Lee Sung Kyung will take the comments about her acting constructively. As you noted that the drama is pre-produced so there is no way for her to re-film her scenes. Maybe in the later episodes, she tones down a bit. 

I have no idea how she is supposed to be like (in comparison with the webtoon) but I felt it was too much or OTT. I mean, in the webtoon does she sponge off her brother? And In Ho just gives the money to her?  Now I am even more intrigued by the dynamics between Yoo Jung, In Ho and In Ha. 

3 hours ago, irilight said:

@ic808, Thank you for background info. from webtoon.   (page 74)

@hrkharis     hello-2010.gif, Great to see you again!

@Moongazer, thank you for OST videos

@nuguseyo, welcome to CITT thread... :)

Many complaints about  Lee Sung-Kyung over acting. I agree she needs to tone it down. At the same time, I also do not like Seo Kang-Joon's over-acting either. They both can take a lesson from Park Hae-Jin and Kim Go-Eun, IMO.

Lee Sung-kyung’s acting skills harshly criticized

Read more HERE

@irilight

Hi, nice to meet you too.
Hoping to get your views on this interesting drama here. :lol::lol::lol:

Hey there everyone! :)

Been away from kdramaland since Oh My Ghostess because nothing appealed to me after that drama and thank heavens they made a live adaptation of the webtoon i've loved before. Tbh, I was a bit wary at first with all the casting hijinks and the clamor from knetizens which i kind of agreed to since the original material is not-your-typical "shoujo/josei" manga, it touched a lot of social realities and interesting to be talked about. Tho I can't clearly recall the scenes in the webtoon and afaik I stopped at around season 2 for some reasons lol and this drama helped me bring back those.

Off to the drama, mygod I'm such a trash for this show. The feels are coming back and they're stronger than ever, it really helped that the script and the acting were nice and I see tvN trying to do their own interpretation of the story without removing it's tone and the complexity of the characters (*crosses fingers they won't turn to your go-to-tvN-romcom style*). Also, i don't care much about the ship but I'm leaning to the Yoo Jung - Hong Seol because Yoo Jung is such an interesting character to watch. I have a couple of insights for this show but our fellow soompi people already said it for me. lol :D Now, I am much intrigued how would tvN end this show like give me some serious twist there, idk how but I am rooting for the production team. 

Hello Monday can't you come more immediately? *waits for episode 5 and the other arcs* 

Having seen the articles about the increasing criticisms (which resonate so closely with my own) about the actress playing the role of InHa, I would like to give the webtoon's perspective of the character of InHa without delving into specific details.

If I have to describe her by a single trait, she is like a loose canon. Both Jung and In Ho are aware of this. Neither of them is scared of her per say, but they are wary of what she is capable of doing if she puts her mind to it. She is super hot and she knows it. She uses it as a tool, not exactly like a femme fatale but as someone who is more un-involved emotionally speaking. Not only does she have an forceful personality but she is shown to be capable of being physically intimidating that even strong guys will think twice before attacking her. There is a sense of mental and emotional instability below the lazy and slovenly part of her, which is almost animalistic, barely under control. People feel a sense of danger and intimidation from her sub-consciously and do not mess with her. 

This is the very essence of In Ha's character which is not coming across at all in the drama adaptation. I hope the actress puts in some efforts to understand the character and improvise soon as she is an integral part of who Jung and In Ho are. The three of them have grown up together in the formative teenage years where each has been some what shaped by the other's personality.

On 13/01/2016 at 6:28 AM, mizuharaaya13 said:

Yeah , the good thing is people would like YJ more. As a fan of HS-YJ pair, i always annoyed that many of webtoon fans just so quick to label YJ as evil and didnt deserve HS etc while he was none of that.

It's to early to say that people prefer HS-YJ pairing as only 4 episodes have aired. With the upcoming ones, especially after

Spoiler

they find out about how Jung manipulated Youngon into giving Seol a hard time and present day IHo saving her from him

their dissatisfaction with YJ will increase and HS-IHo shippers will rise. I have been on Team Jung since the webtoon days, I have nothing against IHo being the second lead. I think both boys equally contribute to Seol's growth as much as she affects them and stirs them in a positive direction.

I just watched the latest preview for ep.5 and really can't wait for Monday to come!! Hukhuk

I made this FMV but unfortunately it was blocked in some countries due to the copyright claim on the song that i used in the vid..anyways hope you guys will enjoy the vid..

@evie7 i hope you're  able to watch the vid..if not, let me know, i will email it to you..LOL

Yoo Jung x Hong Seol - Why Don't U Love Me #3-4:

Euntaek is so cute. I hope to see him more but maybe my wish just going to be my wish..

I'm curious about how different are they going to make this drama from the webtoon? I try to read it but it making me exhausted. That webtoon is not a light reading. But I like YJ character. He has reasons and points to his behaviour even though it's kind of dark and sometimes a little bit one sided, because how controlling (eventhough it's not obvious) he is of Seol's life in the name of love. But he will grow because Seol is not a light headed girl to me. But I wish the drama shown how he behave before he starting to fall for the girl. I bet everyone will scream "Run Seol! Run!" everytime he was near. I know I do. Hehehe

January Turns Out To Be A Good Month For Dramas

January is already turning out to be a good month for dramas with the refreshingly different webtoon-based "Cheese In The Trap," starring Park Hae Jin, Kim Go Eun and Seo Kang Joon," and the action-packed "Moorim School," starring Lee Hyun Woo and Shin Hyun Joon.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/112188/20160114/january-is-turning-out-to-be-a-good-month-for-dramas.htm

I'm so glad we are all talking about Jung's father, the Baek siblings, and how they all came to be tangled and continue to be tangled in one web. When I got that portion of the webtoon (espescially Jung's dad, their relationship and how the Baek twins came into their lives) I was just like "my lawds this is clinical psychologist's wet dream come to life LOL." The drama is watering something down and bringing something things further which I am a mixed bag about, but since I am trying to let the drama be the drama and the webtoon the webtoon, I really enjoy both.

Jung's dad is....and Seol's dad is...the family dynamics are...for both and well...."I am what you raised me to be" (this is not from the webtoon. it's from the vampire diaries -I think- and I find it very fitting here)

Inho is great & all but geez dude has zero filter LoL!:P I mean the stuff he says to Seol are really tactless, although I appreciate he did get Seol to speak up for herself. Although Jung did the same as well, wonder why she didn't heed his advise?<_< And OMG Inha is just... god awful. Can't. Stand. Her. That was hilarious how Seol and Jung had an awkward high five moment at the arcade during their date! 

Bora should really give Taek a chance, poor thing... one-sided crushes are painful. 

Guest nchoerunnisa

Knock... knock... Anyeong Chingu-deul...

This is my first post in this thread... I'm interested to this drama since I've heard a lot about it and I'm getting more and more often to see this thread in Soompi's "Popular Now" list (congratz btw). I decided to skim the webtoon version and managed to catch up until chapter 70-something. When I was reading the webtoon and seeing YJ sunbae's character, this nice, cool, "it" girl came through my mind:

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGvN7icP8cDB1u1ROS8IX
credits to: www.bustle.com

Yeah... Ammy Dunne from Gone Girl... eeeek!

Wait a minute... before YJ Sunbae's fans come after me... I have to explain, of course I don't think YJ Sunbae is similar to her. Errrr... he's not right, KDrama God?. It's just me and my imagination gone wild. I'm not sure whether I'm gonna like him or not, but I definitely come to this show for him. His complex personality lures me into this show just like a moth drawn to a flame. So far, I like what he did to that rapist Sunbae, YC Sunbae, YJ, and In Ha... they deserve it *devil laugh* (Hey... don't look at me like that). But it does concern me... how far he will/can go when someone provokes him... because... you know, in webtoon version he did something really creepy... cmiiw

Spoiler

He framed the gay guy (who turns out to be HS's neighbour) for making him and his little girl friend drunk... and he broke that little girl's doll's neck... and he did all of that just because that little girl annoyed him and broke his toy.

...creepy

Will the writer tone YJ's dark side down a bit from the webtoon version? I don't know... but I'm open to any plan the writer has for his character development. Just don't reveal the dark backstory way too fast. I enjoy being confused by YJ Sunbae's ambiguity and I want this feeling stay a little longer. I know... I sound like a masochist.

I definitely like HS. She's the most adorable bundle of nerves ever! I can relate so much to her character and experiences. It makes me want to root for her. That disastrous group presentation? Been there... done that... And my reaction was just exactly like hers. My friends tried to excuse themselves, but I was like... you guys just say anything you want because I'm so done with you, you're not worth my words... and I just went home without saying anything, turned my cellphone off, and slept like a corpse but unfortunately I didn't have YJ Sunbae stalking me.

I like the awkward date scene. It's very realistic. HS's inner thought is epic! Haha. I giggled so much. Again, I'd been in the similar situation like hers. I dated a guy that I couldn't help feeling there's something off about him though I couldn't pint point what exactly it was. Because, you know, he seemed perfect on the outside and everyone assured me that he's nice. Unfortunately, my instinct turned out to be right. It's so hard to broke up with him. And when we did break up, I was so relieved, like tons of load had been lifted from my chest. But of course, I hope HS's relationship with YJ Sunbae will work out if it turned out that he's not a sociopath. Beside, eventually the writer will give us backstory about him so we will realize "oh... we've misunderstood him... he didn't mean it".

About In Ho, I can smell the early signs of SML Syndrome everywhere. Beware ladies, take care of your heart! As for me, I'm pretty neutral with him. I like his interaction with HS though. They've just met but they seem like have known each other for a while. But still, as a viewer, I find HS and YJ Sunbae interaction more entertaining to watch.

I loooove the main casts. PHJ and KGE fit perfectly to the role to the point that I couldn't imagine anyone replacing them. No wonder the PD nim really tried so hard to convince them even though PHJ and KGE had declined the roles several times.

The OST kinda remind me of Coffee Prince OST, sweet and dreamy... Love them. I'm dying waiting for some songs to be released...

I'm glad that this drama has been half pre-produced. I hope this drama will be successful and there will be more and more successful half/full pre-produced KDramas follow after so they'll inspire people in KDrama industry to leave the live-shoot system.

Hi everyone, i just finish 4 eps in 2 days and now i must say i AM Crazy in love with this drama!!

Some of the yoojung/hong's scenes really got into me and i felt my heart tingle and ache.

The scene where yoojung waited for her at her place after she return from the blind date…i had wanted to cry for him.

Then when he slotted in the extra coin for her in the vending machine and when he ask her to dqte him. omo omo, i havent been moved by a drama for a long time.

The show has something hooking me even though i was abit unconvinced of the female lead (sorry i am shallow n wants a ravishing beauty, haha).

Then i realise either the original webtoon sequencing is very good or the director is famn awesome, maybe its abit of both. Its a simple story but the narration n execution really make it an enjoyable drama.

Guess i will be hanging around here more.:)

Archived