Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

Thanks sweetie!  I've read in a few places that DC was so overwhelmed with responses that they had to stop accepting in order to process the ones already sent in.  Hopefully such a showing in force will bode well for us international fans once a decision is made going forward.  *fingers crossed*

Cho Manager's pictures from his IG are from 한택식물원 = the Han-taek Botanical Gardens located at Yongin City in Gyeonggi Province (www.hantaek.co.kr).  I've walked the Gardens before and I highly recommend visiting if you ever get the chance!  :-bd

-----------------------------

Wow wow... hopefully it will lead on good decision..

I really have to go there if I have the chances.. one surely may wish for something,right? Wish me luck then.. :D

Thank you @CherKell 8->

P.S : I wonder why I cant quote your post.. I must be delete something when I quote :-?

How Ji Chang Wook Shapes Up For Drama Scenes

BY Julie Jones

| Mar 11, 2015 08:47 AM EDT

Ji Chang Wook

Ji Chang Wook's nude scene in "Healer" was not the first time he took

off his clothes for a role. He also had a scene in a rose petal-scented

bathtub in "Empress Ki." But it was a scene he prepared for by working

out. He exercised for two months before the drama began filming.

"I exercised a lot for the nude scene," the 27-year-old actor said in

an interview with Kpop Herald. "Sadly, it was screened a month after

the drama shooting, by which time I ruined my figure. I felt sorry about

that."

Preparing for the actions scenes in "Healer" also helped carve out

muscles. Before the drama began he did basic fitness training and

attended action school to learn the martial arts required for the role.

Ji did some of his own stunts, although stuntman Kyung Sub filled in for

him in some scenes.

"I am very grateful to the stand-in actor who must have had a hard

time," said Ji, who earned a few action scene bruises and scratches of

his own.

Doing action scenes can be frightening he said when he recently

appeared on the TV show "Entertainment Relay." He had to jump across

rooftops and there were many scenes where he had to use wires.

"Honestly it is scary," he said. "Before jumping, various thoughts

run through my mind. What if the cord snaps, how much would I get hurt

if I fell down?"

He does not normally follow any formal plan of exercise but he enjoys

playing soccer three or four times a week when his acting schedule

permits. He wanted to be a soccer player when he was young but his

mother disapproved. Instead he began his acting career by trying to land

roles in musicals.

He plays soccer for fun with other celebrities, including Park Min

Woo and JYJ's Junsu, whose brother he worked with on "Empress Ki." He

plays with the celebrity soccer team known as FC Men, which Junsu is

captain of. His position on the team is striker.

Ji Chang Wook's next project is a film titled "Modified City," which

will be directed by Park Kwang Hyun. In that film he will play a gaming

addict, whose life is so consumed by the game that he unwittingly gets

involved in a rape case. It will be his first leading role in a film.

Since he plays a character that spends a lot of time gaming, he probably

won't have to work out in advance for any of the scenes.

link: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/77742/20150311/how-ji-chang-wook-shapes-up-for-drama-scenes.htm

Hello everyone! Been a lurker on this thread and Healer thread for a while now but it's my first time commenting here ;) I'm a new Ji Chang Wook fan and I've kinda developed an unhealthy obsession/stalkerish tendency with his instagram account. Haha! I have a question... But it is probably more appropriate to be addressed to Ji Chang Wook (LOL) Do you have any idea why he only follows Bang Manager on IG but not Cho Manager? Yes, my stalkerish tendencies extend to his managers' accounts too. I can tell he is closer to Bang Manager and that's probably due to their age... Maybe that's it? Hope that they have a full blown "fight" on IG. I can definitely take another hair washing video or something more awesome. Not going to tell you how many times I rewatched that hair washing video......

Translation of the Apple Hongkong article:

Please dont get too work up when you read the article, as I mentioned before, they like sensational headlines

Headline: Ji Chang Wook only love a Hehe kiss, Praise Kang Haneul is very kissable

(Apple interview) With his recent warm leading role in the drama Healer, 27 year old Ji Chang Wook has risen to be the new male god (a term use to describe leading actors with lots of fans).

He came to Hongkong last week to attend Dunhill's event and accepted our interview. JCW mentioned that among his works, Healer had the most intimate scenes. However in comparison to kissing the female lead Park Min Young, JCW thought his kiss with Kang Haneul in the 2010 musical Thrill Me is more comfortable. He said, "because it is with a guy, there is no sense of inconvenience."

As compared to his past works such as Empress Ki, Healer is considered JCW's leap to fame work in Asia. In the drama, JCW acted as the dedicated Seo Jung Hoo and completely melted Asian young girl's hearts. The most memorable thing about the drama, was that in nearly every ep, JCW and Park Min Young has kiss scenes, causing much jealousy among female viewers. Even JCW said " There are really many kiss scenes in the drama, during the initial stages of the filming, it was very awkward." JCW is very considerate, before every kiss scene, he will control himself not to smoke to avoid the partner being uncomfortable.

However when we talk about the most intense kiss scene, of course it is in 2010 when he acted with Kang Haneul  in the musical "Thrill Me", both of them were kiss very boldly on stage. Although there was some awkwardness, but JCW said " We are both guys, so it was more comfortable, and there is no need for too much consideration, before we go on stage, we need not be nervous, we got closer after that"

Since he frequently acts out sweet and loving scenes, this causes JCW to think about getting into romantic relationships in real life, however he said it is not easy to date. He said " I have always wanted to date but if I date now, I will be very crazy, and because I am a celebrity, it is not easy" JCW revealed that in future, he hopes to find someone who can get along with him and a woman that he can have many topics to converse with. In terms of marriage, he is not considering it yet.

In dramas, JCW is a warm man but in real life he is like a boy. JCW said " I like to joke around and am very naughty, although I am reserve with people that I met for the first time but after we become familiar, I will be quite chatty and gentle."

After Healer, his popularity in China rise immensely and receive many offers from mainland China. He is taking a break and looking at scripts and said he let go of himself after filming Healer, he visited Thailand with Joo Ji Hoon. After he returned to Korea, he continued to eat up a feast with friends, so he put on 5 over kgs. From a handsome guy to a chubby guy, however JCW said after a round of happiness, he has started to diet again to prepare for his next project.

Clothing from Dunhill
Venue: HK Mandarin Oriental Hotel

@kanyaprasetyo

can see now?

-------------------
I know he is trying to deflect from scandals, but I am not sure his mentioning of Kang Haneul is a good idea. He may get himself more gay fans :)) But its alright, the more fans, the merrier.

Also he also kissed Oh Jong Hyuk and another guy (cant remember) his name for that musical, so I am not sure why he single KHN out. Maybe because recently KHN also mentioned him in a variety show. :)

Guest Cinderella1

Headline: Ji Chang Wook only love a Hehe kiss, Praise Kang Haneul is very kissable

(Apple interview) With his recent warm leading role in the drama Healer, 27 year old Ji Chang Wook has risen to be the new male god (a term use to describe leading actors with lots of fans).

He came to Hongkong last week to attend Dunhill's event and accepted our interview. JCW mentioned that among his works, Healer had the most intimate scenes. However in comparison to kissing the female lead Park Min Young, JCW thought his kiss with Kang Haneul in the 2010 musical Thrill Me is more comfortable. He said, "because it is with a guy, there is no sense of inconvenience."

still don't and can't understand why these koreans are sensitive about

kissing on the small screen while they are overly and extremely candid

when shooting intimate scenes on the big scenes !!!

i believe , it's

so paradoxical and pretentious when actors/actresses talk shyly about

their kissing scenes in a drama saying how nervous they were, on the

other hand they surprise you with hot lustful nude scenes in a movie !!

so

kissing a man is more convenient than kissing a female co-star !!

seriously !!?? he's an actor ! kissing is part of acting , so why

feeling so awkward about skinship with a female !!

i'm extremely confused :((

And he kissed boldly Kang Haneul in the musical ; OH MY ! X_X   %-( 

@qwenli yes.. thank you very much!! I will translate it to bahasa n share it on the blog if u don't mind...

Funny because yesterday I kept sharing about his musical "Thrill Me" with Kang Haneul and he said he's most comfortable kiss with him =)) =))

I think JCW is very considerate, if he said he enjoy kissing his female leads the most, it will cause shipping war or gossip about them.. but if he said he enjoy kissing KHN, nobody would get mad... Well, maybe KHN fans and girlfriend =)) =))

For those who wants some clips of them, here:

Guest Cinderella1

I think JCW is very considerate, if he said he enjoy kissing his female leads the most, it will cause shipping war or gossip about them.. but if he said he enjoy kissing KHN, nobody would get mad... Well, maybe KHN fans and girlfriend =)) =))

nobody gets mad ?!! there is me and thousands of other fans who don't like it and won't enjoy it but you seem very happy about it ;)

@Cinderella1 ofc kissing a man would be awkward.. I don't believe Wookie if he doesn't get nervous [-X [-X

Actually many Korean actor/actress have voiced that they're uncomfortable shooting bed scenes (the latest is Kang Ji Hwan) so whether it's on small screen or big screen if you're nervous and uncomfortable, it's normal.. Remember, and actors are human too.. Who wouldn't get dugeun dugeun (palpitating) if you have to kiss someone? :-? (or more than kissing)

But what makes it different is actors get paid for "acting" something. They don't have to fall in love with their co-star but they have to be believable that they're "in love" with the character onscreen. :-B

@Cinderella1

i love him n will support watever he do, except I wish he doesn't yoyo diet n smoke.

he can say watever he want, i just find him very bold to talk about gay scenes, most actors wouldn't touch the topic with a 10 foot pole. he may have just started a whole new trend.

Guest Cinderella1

kanyaprasetyo and  qwenli well i agree with you but ...

he performed 2 gay roles before and still want to do a queer project ( he seems obsessed about it ),

and he feels more comfortable when kissing a man than a woman !

isn't he worried that his fans would think that he's homosexual ?

i think it makes sense for him to be more comfortable kissing on stage than in a drama since on stage after you kiss you need to keep moving and you dont dwell on it. In a drama there are a lot of retakes and do it this way or that way. It may get uncomfortable and tiresome after a while. 

[interview] 20150225 Kyunghyang News full interview

Interview with Ji Chang Wook, an actor who walks, bowing repeatedly

image_readtop_2015_170836_14246433031773499

- You must be tired because of the relay interview

As I talk while being interviewed, I also get to sort things out, so the time I spend doing interviews becomes time for me to wrap up my project? I think it’s really like that. All the things that happened during that period of time. As I talk, I also keep thinking about what kind of issues were there, about working on a project with these people, and I also think once again about acting, so to me it is a time to sort things out…  

Continue reading →http://jichangwookkitchen.com/2015/03/12/interview-20150225-kyunghyang-news-full-interview/#more-7327

@kanyaprasetyo

can see now?

-------------------
I know he is trying to deflect from scandals, but I am not sure his mentioning of Kang Haneul is a good idea. He may get himself more gay fans :)) But its alright, the more fans, the merrier.

Also he also kissed Oh Jong Hyuk and another guy (cant remember) his name for that musical, so I am not sure why he single KHN out. Maybe because recently KHN also mentioned him in a variety show. :)

Thanks for the translation of the interview! Boy, he sure is frank. :))

My two cents on the matter: by saying it's more "comfortable", I think he meant that there is no need for them to act all awkward around each other afterwards since they're both straight guys, and they don't have to fret over any sort of romantic feelings attached in the kisses. (Something like: "Hey, let's be men about this, buddy, and get it over with. An actor can't exactly say the same to a female co-actress, lest he'll sound ungentlemanly.) By "less considerate", I'm guessing it might be because they both smoke, so there are less reservations (thinking of smoker's breath) and stuff like that.

The way I see it, Puppy is naturally nervous around the female species in general. :P He's mostly more himself around his male buddies, so that's why he feels more comfortable being intimate with them, since he actually thinks nothing of it and is probably easier for him to brush off. That doesn't mean he's gay or anything. I actually don't wanna broach that topic. Leads to too many... debates. :))

@Cherkell and Gabby - Thank you for that latest article! :D So many juicy stuff to read.

Re: I don’t wish to use social media to purposely show my grandiose beliefs

or stuff like that. I just simply want to upload the pictures that I’ve

taken; I think of it simply like one of the amusement rides or toys like

entertainment. That’s why I also upload a lot of useless pictures.

Haha! I loved this answer. So direct to the point. Right, no need to be all philosophical in social media. He just wants to have fun!

Re: Hmm…It is a fact that I have been receiving more offers than before

after “Empress Ki” and “Healer”. I am very thankful, and I think this is

a very happy thing for an actor. I have been receiving many different

kinds of projects and characters, and many of them are sageuks.

Sageuks, eh? Well I can think of a couple of upcoming sageuk dramas I would like for him to take on. Scholar Who Walks The Night seems like a good choice. The story may not be exceptional, but I think he'll play the role of a vampire well. And he did mention about wanting to tackle something that is similar to Blood (he emphasized the medical side, but I digress), which is a vampire drama. So he might want to give Night Scholar a shot if it's offered to him. :)

Guest ice308

I dont know any HD pict but I got a gif from DC...

I don't know is there any prohibition to post a DC link in here? However this is the link.. **I can't post the gif cause I login with my phone

http://m.dcinside.com/view.php?id=changwook&no=86275&page=1

**ps: if it's against the rule, just tell me..

Wow, thanks for this! He looked so cute while laughing and showing his cheekbone dimple (sorry, I still don't know what it's called :)) ). 

Thanks for the effort! Much appreciated. >:D<

Re: kiss scenes with a guy, though of course I cringe when I see one (good thing very seldom! :)) ), if it's needed in the script, actors (& actresses) will probably just shrug it off and say it's part of their job.. and for that, I applaud their professionalism coz for a straight guy, it must be very difficult (am just basing on my father, hubby and male friends' reactions when they see those things =)) )

Anyway, if JCW wants it, then go for it. I'll just close my eyes for scenes like those.  =))

\m/