Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

kdramafangirlz said: class="titleNews" style="font-family: arial, dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 28px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(80, 80, 80); color: rgb(68, 68, 68); background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"[Exclusive] Ji Chang Wook Looks to Take His First Lead Role in New Movie

Ji Chang Wook will most likely be appearing on the big screen for the first time since debut. 

According to affiliates of the movie industry, Ji Chang Wook has decided to appear in director Park Kwang Hyun′s new project, Modified City(translated) and is going into the contract negotiation phase. 

One affiliate told Newsen on March 9, "Ji Chang Wook currently has the contract for Modified City right in front of him. The details are going through final tuning." 

Modified City is a project which was known by its previous title, Sculptured Man. With the postponement ofMartial Arts (translated), Park Kwang Hyun will begin filming for Modified City first. Park Kwang Hyun is known for his previous works, Welcome to Dongmakgol and No Comment Family

In this movie, Ji Chang Wook will star as the character Nam Oh, who is a jobless game addict, who somehow gets entangled in a statutory rape case. 

If Ji Chang Wook is confirmed for this movie, it will be his first lead role in a commercial film. He has starred in various dramas, such as My Too Perfect Sons, Warrior Baek Dong-Soo, Hero, Smile Again, Bachelor′s Vegetable Store, Empress Ki and the recently concluded Healer

Ji Chang Wook has appeared briefly in the films Death Bell 2: Bloody Camp, Sleeping Beauty, and How to Use Guys with Secret Tips as supporting roles and special cameo appearances. Modified City may be the stepping stone to lead roles in the film industry. 

Modified City is searching for supporting actors to begin filming in the first half of 2015. 

Photo Credit: Newsen

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/88778/exclusive-ji-chang-wook-looks-to-take-his-first-lead-role-in-new-movie

----------

Wow so a lead role in the movie?! :) I usually prefer for small screens, but getting his first lead role in the big screen gonna be good too!

Ji Chang-wook heads for the big screen

• facebook share
  • tweet
  • google+
Updated : March 09 2015

Actor Ji Chang-wook is set to head for the big screen for the first time since his debut, according to sources on Monday.

(OSEN)

Ji is likely to star in the “Fabricated City” (working title) directed by Park Kwang-hyun, who produced the megahit movie “Welcome to Dongmakgol” in 2005. He will reportedly play the lead role Namoh, who is embroiled in a murder scandal.

“The actor is on the verge of signing a contract for the film and coordinating the final details (with the production crew),” a local media outlet reported, citing an unidentified source from his agency.

If the 27-year-old decides to appear in the movie, it would be his first lead role on the big screen. Ji has starred in diverse soaps including the hit drama “Healer,” which ended recently, and played supporting roles in several films.

The actor’s agency Glorious Entertainment, however, was cautious in commenting.

“It is true that we are positively reviewing the film but nothing has been confirmed yet,” the agency’s spokesperson said on Monday.

link: http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201503091749455513531_2

Since I was confused myself whether it's rape or murder case, I went to the original news in Korea.
On My daily:
http://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=201503091636671123&ext=na

it's stated that it's sexual assault charges and it will be the story of a revenge from a man who was unfairly labeled as crime.

It's still not confirmed atm

@sia3 You're like my ever reliable JCW HD source *__* He looks so good hehe especially the first solo pic you posted!!! ^_^ Serves as an extra motivation while Im studying~ kekeke.

Yeah regarding the movie apparently his agency said theyre still considering... A big screen lead role does sounds good though! Just hope that he chose a good project :)@kanyaprasetyo Ohhhh so he'll be the one who's frame and seek revenge (if he takes up the role). Hmmm. 

kdramafangirlz said: class="titleNews" style="font-family: arial, dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 28px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(80, 80, 80); color: rgb(68, 68, 68); background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"[Exclusive] Ji Chang Wook Looks to Take His First Lead Role in New Movie

Newsen interview
Part 1

Ji Chang Wook confess that he is a "solo cell", in normal days he will turn into an ahjussi
During his interview with Newsen, he revealed himself in daily life. He says he is a "solo cell" and cant handle two things at one time. "When I am working, I cant be the nice guy that can take care of others. I even forget to pay the utilities bill, although my mum is around, but I wanted to do these things myself. I dont like to use automatic transfers so over these 4 months, I didnt handle these things. I need to get back to the little things of my life."
"Sometimes I wish I dont have to care about these things and only do my acting. However due to these things I have to be come back to the real world."
Ji Chang Wook likes to take the public transport. The reporter asked if he has taken any lately and he said no.
He said " when I am not busy, I will walk or take the public transport, however since I was busy in the past four months I did not do so. When I take public transport, I dont find it affecting me too much, I dont find that I need to hide and I dont want to. I feel that I can live a normal life so I feel at ease. I there are sasaeng (stalker) fans, it will definetly be inconvenient. But I cant let fans see me in real life. Otherwise their fantasy may be broken (laugh) because my usual dressing is like an uncle.
Part 2After Healer, he received many offers. He said he is very grateful to receive these, I will read them carefully then decide. The offers from China were more than I can expected. I will choose properly.
There are many things for him to do now. He said he wont be looking too far ahead, the goal now is to do my interviews well. I will clean/pack up my place over the weekend. My manager bought comics for me, I want to finish reading them.
He showed some expressions of regrets and said " I hope to be a good person when I am resting, when I was filming Healer I couldnt be a proper person. As a good person, I should be able to celebrate when people around me has happy things. When sad things happened, I should be able to give comfort but I didnt. Even when my hyung Jo Jae Yoon got married, I couldnt attend his wedding. Another Hyung met with some bad things and I couldnt comfort him. When I am resting, I hope to make up for these.
End.
(translated from chinese version)
P.S. I really think he should just set up automatic transfers for paying bills.

My view on his potential movie? I think he is really on his track to become a serious actor.  The plot sounds intense and seems to be a crime thriller. And I know korean crime thrillers can really be dark and send chills down your spine. 
Although I hope he can still do a drama before enlistment, I know he wanted very much to headline a movie. Hope his wishes will be fulfilled.  8->

@qwenli if it's crime thriller I hope the movie will be like "The Client", the twist was really good and the actors really great, or "Confession of Murder". That really sends down my spine and have good action scenes.
There are many good crime thriller/psychology thriller movies with twist in Korea.

One thing that makes me cautious however is the production company n the PD/writer. Because they failed to sign an actor for Fist Fighting (and had some problems too) and instead making this project. So if JCW signs up, I really hope it will be smooth.. Unlike the Two Constables /:) /:)

Guest sogazelle

qwenli said: My view on his potential movie? I think he is really on his track to become a serious actor.  The plot sounds intense and seems to be a crime thriller. And I know korean crime thrillers can really be dark and send chills down your spine. 
Although I hope he can still do a drama before enlistment, I know he wanted very much to headline a movie. Hope his wishes will be fulfilled.  8->

class="entry-title"[News/Movie] Ji Chang Wook considering movie for next project

힐러-E20-150210-편집본

Actor Ji Chang Wook has been offered to star in the movie “Fabricated City”.

According to Glorious Entertainment, “The movie ‘Fabricated City’ is still in the process of discussion. His casting is not 100% confirmed. This is just one of the projects that he is considering. He is actively looking through the various offers that he has received.”

Originally named “Broken Man”, “Fabricated City” is a story about a man who has been falsely accused as a suspect and dreams of revenge. Although he has decent qualifications and good looks, he is jobless and addicted to gaming, and he gets embroiled in the rape-murder of an underaged girl.

Prior to “Fist Fighting”, director Park Gwang Hyun will begin to film “Fabricated City”. Production of “Fist Fighting” was postponed after Yeo Jin Gu dropped out of the production. Director Park Kwang Hyun has received recognition for his warm and novel works such as “Welcome To Dongmakgol” and “No Comment Family”.

In this movie, Ji Chang Wook has been offered the lead role of Nam Oh. If his casting is confirmed, this will be the first time that Ji Chang Wook takes on the lead role in a commercial movie.

Meanwhile, casting for the movie is ongoing, and filming is expected to begin filming in the first half of this year.

*There is no official English title for the movie yet. The titles seen here are merely literal translations from the Korean title, which can have different meanings.

Source:
MyDaily
Newsen

Guest charlene_jin

@ Gwenli , thanks for sharing :)

JCW seems to be real  &  a genuine nice guy. The more  interviews and article about him , the more we know him   better . The better we  know him,  the more we admire him inside and  out. Awesome !

About the Newsen interview, thanks @qwenli.

Doing normal things, that make him feel the real life and being a normal person after being one character. He always says that he want to be remembered as Ji Chang Wook -  a good actor, not just a special one.

And although he didn’t have enough time to take care of others, but with his thoughts, how good he is when he wants to share with his friends.

I respect him more with his personality and simplicity.

Waiting for his next projects. We need as much as possible before his enlisting. I can't imagine when the time comes.

qwenli said: My view on his potential movie? I think he is really on his track to become a serious actor.  The plot sounds intense and seems to be a crime thriller. And I know korean crime thrillers can really be dark and send chills down your spine. 

JCW on the big screen :-bd

Well it's not confirmed and correct me if I am wrong this what I am understanding of the plot his character(if he does it) is falsely accused of a raped-murder of an underage girl, I am assuming it can go one of two ways he'll be a fugitive which makes him jobless and th me stress of it makes him addicted to gambling while seeking revenge or the two he goes to prison unjustly is released years later bent on revenge,but being an ex con he cant find a job and this leads to his gambling addiction

It be awesome if he confirms great opportunity for JCW

Only thing is that he will be filming 3-6 months tops so no other drama and then his military service

Augh why did I discover him so late ,I won't be able to enjoy him for 21 months when he does go on MS

@qwenli‌ thanks for translating the interview

lol at him saying if fans meet him in real life their fantasies would be broken

I feel the same way about the movie. It looks like a good opportunity but I really want him to do a drama before he leaves.

Guest DummDiDummTralala

@qwenli thank you for the translation

I think a big screen leading role would be awesome, but what would I do without a drama during his MS... it's so much more screen time...

I reeeaaally want to see his ahjussi get up, I bet he would even rock that :D

Hi! Delurking here and sharing thoughts on JCWs possible new movie role. In regards to the directing quality, JCW will be in good hands. Welcome to Dongmakgol was SK's official foreign film entry for the Academy Awards in 2005. The movie was well received. Also, I understand that JCW himself would like to try very eclectic/eccentric roles in film and drama genres as of late. I will support him whatever role he chooses in the future.

Guest charlene_jin

Eventhough  his casting is not 100% confirmed (yet). and  a  project that he  is  still considering, any  potential project/gig  that would add  up to  his value as an actor/model/singer    is a GOOD NEWS for me. I am eager to know any  CF  being offered to him. Because CF's are less stressful  yet being paid more. It provides more financial security for the talent.

his image clip below.... saying GO and GO forward ...towards a brighter future! Fighting!ji-chang-wook_zpsjk29tzax.jpg.htmlji-chang-wook_zpsupkbgaqj.jpg

(images credits to Kdramastars)

It would be nice if JCW can do one movie and at least a drama before enlistment. There are some actors who are 1 year older than JCW, and until now they are acting and plan to act in more projects in 2015, such as actor Choi Jin Huk. If their career is at the peak now, I think it's reasonable to have a bit delay in entering the military.

The new movie project JCW is considering sounds like a good one. I hope he can have a chance to show the audiences his excellent acting skills. It's unpredictable if the movie will be a success, but I think it's a smart choice for JCW to act in a movie with such a reputable director.  

:)>- 

JCW and the translator in HongKong

Embedded image permalink
cred: JCW Arab fans Twitter

Anyway, anyone knows who is the writer for his new movie project? 

@nploan the writer is the same with PD, Park Kwang Hyun. It's not unusual for k-movies to have PD write the script too :-B

I also hope for a hit drama too before MS.. it'll be good if he can star in Night Scholar or Michelin Star